Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mercedes-Benz R-Class Accessories & Modifications

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
edited April 2014 in Mercedes-Benz
Discuss R-Class accessories here.

Comments

• Options
    irishrogue1irishrogue1 Member Posts: 127
    i just ordered a lloyd's cargo mat that covers the entire back area with 3rd row folded. couldnt resist getting "R500" embroidered on it....might have to get matching front mats too....

does anyone know any MB dealers that discount genuine MB accessrories? i want to order the basic roof rails. price seems to be $309...

how about seat covers for the 3rd row? i need to keep the dogs from ruining the seat....
  • Options
    jvmcoynejvmcoyne Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know where I can buy a rear sear console for my R Class? Can I buy one aftermarket from the dealer? Does anyone want to sell theirs?
  • Options
    guyspatguyspat Member Posts: 4
    Just an FYI that after having installed the cargo cover for our new R320 I am now questioning the value of that decision. My questioning stems from the privacy glass that makes it very hard to see the rear contents and the fact that if you are using the third row the cover will only extend about an inch.

Just my two cents worth, err actually the cover is a far bit more expensive than that.
  • Options
    nextnext Member Posts: 6
    Unfortunately, my new r350 does not fit in my garage. It's ridiculous how narrow the openings are in these newer homes. I'm thinking about buying a car cover to protect it from hail damage during the summer. I think the mercedes cover uses kimberly-clark evolution 4 fabric. Will this work to protect against hail? The worse hail that I've seen here in colorado springs has been just about nickel sized.
  • Options
    caliberchiccaliberchic Member Posts: 402
    IMO that fabric would be the one to prevent hail damage if there was a cover that could. The design, with the 4 layers indicates the highest protection agains dings, scratches and dents.
  • Options
    yetialanyetialan Member Posts: 13
    does anyone know where I can get r-class lcd lights?
  • Options
    diecastaussiediecastaussie Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone know if you can purchase any good looking stainless steel longitudinal roof rails, perhaps similar in appearance to the rails fitted to the ML, GL and C class estates.
  • Options
    akinakin Member Posts: 24
    If anyone is interested in purchasing All Weather Mats and a Cargo tray for the Mercedes R-Class I am selling a use set on Craigs list. I am located in central NJ.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/pts/955708749.html
  • Options
    yetialanyetialan Member Posts: 13
    Does anyone know where I can get rear LED taillights like the new ML?
    I believe they may add it to the 2010 r class refreshed model
  • Options
    PXSPXS Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone tried to have the 2nd row bench seat (now offered in the 2009 models) installed in an earlier model (I have a 2007)? Is this possible?
  • Options
    giorgioggiorgiog Member Posts: 1
    Did you get an answer to your question on longitudinal roof rails on the R class?

Giorgio
  • Options
    Unfortunately no; it would appear that the only option is the roof bars as offered by Mercedes as an option. Tried the aftermarket Thule and Rola brands but neither company has developed appropriate mountings for the R Class yet. Seems that the flip up covers on the mounting bolt holes in the roof are larger than normal and therefore require mounts with deeper than normal recesses to accommodate the covers in the open position. It was suggested that I could remove the covers and then standard mounts would fit but as I didn't intend to leave the bars on the car all the time I didn't consider this to be an option.
    Garry
  • Options
    elrondelrond Member Posts: 1
    Did you get a cargo box, too? I am wondering if a Yakima or Thule 21 cubic foot cargo box will attach correctly to the Mercedes roof bars. The largest box Mercedes has is 16 cu. ft. which is smaller than I want.

Thanks,

E
  • Options
    Unfortunately, because I need to carry odd shaped items an enclosed cargo container such as the Thule didn't suit my purposes. Instead I purchased a heavy duty aluminum open rack bed with 6" sides called a "Rhino Rack" this is bolted directly to the Mercedes Benz roof bars using "U" bolts which are secured in recessed areas in the rack leaving the floor of the rack flat. Not pretty, but a practical solution - for me anyway.
    When I recently took the car in for service with the rack mounted on top the service people asked me what I carried as they were a little concerned about weight; they suggested that the maximum weight loaded onto the roof should not exceed 200lbs and that it should be evenly distributed over the 4 mounting points in the roof.
This discussion has been closed.