Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2019 Jaguar F-Pace S - What is the magic formula to get the nav system to understand voice input?

scott9393scott9393 Posts: 7
edited June 12 in Jaguar
I have a 2019 Jaguar F-Pace S. Love the engine, love the car. Gobs of power, loud roar exhaust note, and always gets comments.

But oh that #%$-ing nav system....

The nav system does not understand voice input for destinations. EVERY attempt at voice input for an address fails EVERY time. Speak loudly, speak slowly, try a variation of a street name (like "US Route 9", "Route 9", "Highway 9", etc etc etc) is met with a negative response. Don't get me started on what happens when it cannot find the town name you speak, but auto-selects one that sounds fairly close.

And on top of that the voice from the nav sounds so exasperated. I'm surprised that she doesn't sigh heavily and mutter "bloody hell what's wrong with this sod!".

About 90% of the time I end up using Google Maps on my phone to get to my destination. Hugely frustrating... to the point that I'm considering getting rid of it (after one year of ownership). I have also used the iControl phone app to send destinations to the car - that works about 80% of the time but not an option if you need to change a destination on the fly while driving.

If anyone has any thoughts on how this can be remedied, I'd greatly appreciate it.