2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

Kia stinger GT1 lease

crazy4acuracrazy4acura Member Posts: 14
edited October 2020 in Kia
Hello,
Opening up a new thread as I did not get a response on two of my questions in a prior thread:
1) Is anyone aware of any dealer in California or Arizona who is still offering a "dealer rebate" over and above the Kia rebate?
2) Can someone confirm that if I want to buyout a lease, the final capitalized cost is the only number i need to be concerned about?

Could someone kindly share their recent experience?

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 241,083

Hello,
    Opening up a new thread as I did not get a response on two of my questions in a prior thread:
    1) Is anyone aware of any dealer in California or Arizona who is still offering a "dealer rebate" over and above the Kia rebate?
    2) Can someone confirm that if I want to buyout a lease, the final capitalized cost is the only number i need to be concerned about?

Could someone kindly share their recent experience?

Dealers don't offer rebates. They give discounts.

If a dealer isn't giving a discount on a car with multiple thousands of incentives from the manufacturer, then you need to find a new dealer.

The Adjusted or Net Capitalized cost takes into account any money that might be required from you at signing, so I wouldn't agree with your blanket statement

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks @kyfdx ! I am new to the terms, hence the confusion between discounts and rebates. You are right, I need to find a new dealer who understands the current situation and is willing to offer more discounts. On the second comment, the intent was to understand, if I do a lease buyout within the first month, how much would I have to pay: 1) is it the sum of (total remaining lease payments + residual value) OR 2) the adjusted capitalized cost?
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 244,048

Thanks @kyfdx ! I am new to the terms, hence the confusion between discounts and rebates. You are right, I need to find a new dealer who understands the current situation and is willing to offer more discounts. On the second comment, the intent was to understand, if I do a lease buyout within the first month, how much would I have to pay: 1) is it the sum of (total remaining lease payments + residual value) OR 2) the adjusted capitalized cost?

Lease buyout would be the sum of the remaining payments (less rent charge) and the residual value - I think

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Thanks @Michaell , Can anyone who has performed the lease buyout recently confirm this please?
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 244,048

Thanks @Michaell , Can anyone who has performed the lease buyout recently confirm this please?

You might want to post your query into the main Stinger lease thread, here:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/59558/kia/stinger/2020-kia-stinger-lease-deals-and-prices#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Thanks @Michaell will do.