Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Tundra vs the Big 3 Continued IV

Comments

• The pictures are credited to a "AAMA" for the contemporary photo of the 1947 and "Don Bunn" for the modern photos of the 1952 and other pickups. Justthedumb is trying to intimate, while maintaining deniability via obscure language of course, that "Don Bunn" took the picture of justtryone's pickup. As ludicrous as the language....

And this pseudo-hick language is interesting in that it seems to include forms from the Mad Max movie Beyond Thunderdome (remember the nuclear-disaster-survivor kids passing on the "tell?").

Well, at least it has given something to discuss other than "you said I said, but I didn't," "I say you said and you're wrong" and "my truck is perfect and yours sucks" blather we generally wade through.... :-P
  • bcobco Posts: 756
    bama, in response to your post #1037:

"BCO - 'for starters, i'd rather my truck take an extra 15 feet to stop than have to take it back to have the rotors ground down every week.'"

how can an OPINION be a lie? i WOULD rather my truck take an extra 15 feet to stop than have the problems that many tundra owners have had with warped drums. that many tundra owners have had problems with their brakes is not "made up". you can find more evidence of that than you can shake a stick at on TS.

"Alright - here is your chance: Show me where I contended that warped rotors can't be possible on the Tundra."

bama, when you stated:
    "That's funny - I have never had the brakes worked on and they work fine. Must be a fluke I guess." (post #864) and "That's funny the Automobile magazine long term Tundra road test that I quoted didn't have any brake problems in over 25,000 miles. Must be another fluke." (also post #864)
    ...just what were you getting at? i'll tell you how it read to me. because 1) you've never had brake problems and 2) automobile magazine didn't experience brake problems on the ONE tundra they had, then the brake problems described by folks over on tundra solutions must not be that significant. ok, perhaps you felt using the phrase "not possible" was excessive. my apologies.

"BCO 'that was the only response you had' I suggest you read post #864 again. I also used a magazine article as a source. I guess you were just making it up as you go."

you are correct. you used TWO examples as proof that tundras have no problems with their brakes. i was incorrect and i admit it. i don't know that i'd go so far as to call that a "lie" or "made up" though.

perhaps someone else would like to weigh in on this? rob? ratboy? timothyadavis? any other tundra owners out there feel i post information here with the deliberate intent of lying or deceiving others?

i think at best, bama, you have cited two situations where i was being sarcastic. i'm done playing that game now. frankly, i think you owe me an apology, but i won't hold my breath.

bco
  • I don't really blame you. It's just that it gets pointless to defend what you did or didn't say (you too, bama). Gee whiz, some of these trucks have had problems; that's a fact whether Dodge, Toyota, Chevy or (gasp! Can it be my choice too?!) Ford. It's fun to get sarcastic sometimes and jump into "us versus them" but it isn't very effective, useful or productive in this versus topic where people simply take offense and then get defensive.

Maybe we can just take a deep breath each time we feel attacked and try to discuss and debate more frequently while defending the honor of our truck choices and ourselves less. Can we, huh, can we?!?
  • ryanbabryanbab Posts: 7,240
    oh no i feel another we are the world we are the children coming on.

Ryan
  • com'ere, big guy, and give us that hug!...
  • fordtuffordtuf Posts: 101
    if I was a betting man.

cut and paste.....cut and paste
    You are definitely looking pretty stupid now Jessie....oops I mean justletone

You still have not answered the question about the gas fill neck that was brought up a couple of times. It would appear you have a problem with your monitor, not seeing what has been typed. You are surely not trying to avoid this point are you?

You time is up. It was funny, now its just dumb.
  • Be thankin ya on helpin in learnin some of these folks the plain facts, if folks just took some time they could figure out them things without such help now. Now back too that haul, or lackin of it in the case of them forien ones now. Here is another factory hint: Ya cant be gettin that hitch on that limited one now. Good luck on this one now!
  • Striking to keep jobs in the US and not mexico.....damn.

PS. THAT WAS SARCASM.

It inconvienieced some but "who cares about their families?" I want a new truck and GM is on strike.

When your company decides to pack up and move to mexico, taking your job away, wouldnt you want to fight back??

I would. I've been on strike, guess what, our company was so out of line that the judge couldnt believe managements demands and awarded us a favorable raise.

We dont make trucks but we have 80 of em and they need service.
  • rwellbaum2rwellbaum2 Posts: 1,006
    Your sounding very flustered, trying to bury your exposed lies. Now your tellin' more lies about them limited ones to take attention away from your previous falsifications. That's the way of a fibber. Has to keep making up stories to explain his inconsistencies. Runnin' out of luck on this one, Rube!
    This is the point I've been trying to convey to Ryan. Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and chevrolet are now...soccer, tamales, flan and chevrolet.
  • Trying to keep NFL football, barbeques, (your choice of pie.....I reccomend hair!!) alive. Too many companies expect god to grace em with 500 golden geese and give their employees a handout here and there in exchange.

Gotta make wall street happy, who cares that a driver was crushed in a truck yesterday and will have to learn how to walk again because of the constant pressure of trying to meet unrealistic quotas?

"Did we make our numbers?"
  • bcobco Posts: 756
    ice hockey, moosehead, sno-cones, and chevrolet... ;)

bco
  • ratboy3ratboy3 Posts: 324
    |o)

good one....
  • Wonder why ya cant be gettin no factory hitch on them limited ones now. Could be they aint got no haul in em for sure. Ponder this one. Good luck on this one now!
  • swobigswobig Posts: 634
    you guys jump on people to fast without knowing anything. Call people names, a liar, stupid remarks - grow up. I don't have any loyalty to him, you, or any trucks, but some of you are just plain wrong - and you know who you are...
  • Aint it funny how them yuppies, when ya slap em in the face with them facts on them limited ones, start that attack? Why is this now? Could be they got the knowin that they be fad chasin them forien ones, and aint got the knowin of nothin else on em. But them that works them ones aint got no worrys bout no yuppies callin names now, they get that chuckle, and just go on back too debatin them trucks. Now, how bout that hitch mystery, whay say on them factory hitches now? This be a mystery for sure. Good luck on this one now!
  • Got this off of that edmunds site:

DH Towing Receiver Hitch
    NOT AVAILABLE with XH60, 9Z.

Heard tells that ya cant get that factory hitch cuz them limited ones aint got no haul now. What say too this one here? Good luck on this one now!
    I think Gomer pyle was from around your parts and you know what he's be saying. "Shame! shame! shame on you for tellin' those fibs, rube"!

Know one can be sure what to believe from you anymore. ;(
    WOw only $480 shipping? Must be because its smaller than the silverado.

Bama the hitch wasnt an option prior to 2001.

ad fee??? I didnt pay one of those.

Ryan
    Ryan, first you defend GM even though they're in the process of laying off workers and sending jobs to Mexico. Now your defending justletone when he spreads more of his falsifications. I always thought of you as a thoughtful person, but you need to pay closer attention to what/who you lend your support.
  • bamatundrabamatundra Posts: 1,583
    Ryan - Could it be that it is shipped from Indiana rather than Canada?
    Bama my truck was shipped from indiana to indiana. I still had to pay $665. it was shipped only 30 mls from the plant to the dealership.

RWELL defend gm??? No i was only stating that the SILVERADOS are built in the united states and canada not in mexico.

Ryan
    oh i wasnt defnding justtheone. Just clarifing so you could understand where he was coming from. If it isnt spelled out for you guys you dont understand and try and take it a different way.

Ryan
  • Follow this link for that lack of that hitch on them limited ones now:
    http://edmunds.com/newtrucks/2001/toyota/tundra/ltdv84wdaccesscab.html
    Be notin that it be that 2001 limited one. Ya cant be gettin that factory hitch on them ones now. Nothin new, it been the same from day one, all the way back too them t100 ones. Now I be ponderin on this one and done figured it has too do with that lack of haul on them runts now. So much for them "full size" ones, that ya cant even get a hitch on. What say too this one now? Good luck on this one now!
  • Note that lack of that hitch on em:

DH Towing Receiver Hitch
    NOT AVAILABLE with XH60, 9Z.

Be learnin on it for ya self now here:

http://edmunds.com/newtrucks/2001/toyota/tundra/ltdv84wdaccesscab.html

Whay say on this mystery now? Is this that factory hintin at that lack of haul on them "full size" ones now? Learn on it, then get ya a big3 ones if ya goin haul with it. Good luck on this one now!
  • Go pick ya out a nice one at the grove:
    Good luck on this one now!
    PROS AND CONS
    Pros:
    Silky V8, Toyota build quality, less-than-full-size maneuverability.
    Cons:
    Lacks wide range of choice offered by domestics, somewhat uncomfortable front seats, meager rear cab room on Access Cab, chintzy interior trimmings.

Hey i went and read the link from justtheone. Im gonna defend him now

heres the listed info

DH Towing Receiver Hitch
    NOT AVAILABLE with XH60, 9Z. $259 $379

Whats XH60???
    9Z is Wire Harness For Bumper
    NOT AVAILABLE with XH60, DH

So tundra guys whats the option pkg XH60??? Whatever that is you cant get a hitch on that. My guess its the limited trim

Ryan
  • So much for that toyota quality myth now:

Toyota/Lexus, although having 14% of the California auto market, was not able to be included in the Lemon Index because it refuses to offer consumers a state-certified arbitration program. Toyota/Lexus ended its state-certified arbitration program in 1994, after it received adverse publicity for alleged "undue influence" on the arbitration process. According to a California Department of Consumer Affairs survey, 80% of Toyota customers who attempted to resolve disputes in its arbitration program believed that it was unfair.

Got this tell right here now:
    http://www.pirg.org/calpirg/consumer/products/auto/press97.htm

Good luck gettin ya money back on them limited ones for sure. Good luck on this one now!
  • Ya cant be gettin no factory hitch on them limited ones for sure. Now them folks is goin attack for sure. This be how it is when that truth be slappin em hard. So much for that haul, and so much for that quailty of them ones. So, if ya cant haul with em, and that quality be so bad, why is them folks chasin em? That shine! Good luck on this one now!
    bama but whats the XH60 option??? You cant get a hitch with that selection.

Ryan
This discussion has been closed.