Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Tundra vs the Big 3 Continued IV

Comments

• bamatundrabamatundra Posts: 1,583
    Im glad you admitted that you were making it up. Now your healing can begin. By the way - I'm glad you arent holding your breath.

• DH Towing Receiver Hitch
    NOT AVAILABLE with XH60, 9Z.

Facts is facts on them limited ones and them factory hitches. No haul/No hitch. That be the law now. Listen too them factory hints, and get ya a big3 one, or get ya a tundra if haulin has no meanin too ya. Good luck on this one now!
  • Factory has tricked em and now they be knowin it for sure. No haul/No hitch. So much for them forien ones. They still be good fetchin them grocerys and such, but ya cant be puttin em too work, it be the law. If ya goin work em, get ya a big3 one. If fad chasin, pick ya a limited one out at that grove, that lemon grove! Good luck on this one now!
  • Once again listen too that factory. They be the ones who named that limited one Da Runt. They be givin ya that hint once again. Listen hard now, and ya can hear that factory laughin at ya hard! Them ones be the "runt" of the litter for sure! Use your eyes are on this one. Good luck on this one now!
  • ryanbabryanbab Posts: 7,240
    Bama facts are facts there. justtheone has brought the facts

DH Towing Receiver Hitch
    NOT AVAILABLE with XH60, 9Z

Forward you cant deny this its true factual information.

YOu guys really hate to be wrong dont you???

Ryan
  • will be denyin them facts cuz that be the way of em. Them yuppies will be usin that yuppie logic too be twistin them facts, just ask Donny on it now, as they aint goin. They just attack when ya post that fact! Good luck on this one now!
    I just posted two different sources: Carpoint and Priceline showing Limiteds with tow hitches. How many more do you guys want? Man - I can expect this from Libby - too much bottom leaf smoke, but from Ryan also? I guess the Chevy pack has to stick together.
    The two sources were Edmunds and Priceline.
    DH Towing Receiver Hitch
    NOT AVAILABLE with XH60, 9Z.

This is from edmunds

NOT AVAILABE MEANS YOU CANT GET IT BAMA!!!

Only reason i am sticking with him is because he posted facts and oh whats new you deny it. ITS AS CLEAR AS DAY!!!

Ryan
    Libby - twisting the truth. She obviously has a truth impairment. She is factually challenged.

Libby - When are you going to let us know who Donny is? When are you going to explain how your truck changed from a '47 to a '52? Why should we have to ask Donny? - can't you tell the truth yourself? Quit beating around the bush. Quit pussyfooting around. Don't skirt the issue. Tell the truth.
  • You take a statement from Edmund's (like they've never been wrong anyway!) that you do not understand and then try to draw a conclusion about what is and is not available on a truck.

The Edmund's option list for the Tundra simply says that you cannot select the DH Towing Receiver Hitch option if you select either the XH60 or the 9Z option. Do any of you know what XH60 actually is?! Well I can tell you that the other option that is mutually exclusive with selecting DH, 9Z is a Wire Harness For Bumper. Now gee, don't you think the reason for that is because the DH option already includes the wiring harness and they don't want to sell you another one you don't need?!?

Furthermore, I'm guessing that XH60 is either some other specialty type of hitch or maybe a different bumper so that it would preclude using the DH type hitch. (Toyota sales folks?) Gee, that would really be underhanded of Toyota to insist on not selling you stuff you don't need, now wouldn't it?!?

Also, as a double check, I ran through the option selections on www.carsdirect.com and found that you could select the Towing Receiver Hitch on every possible configuration and option selection they listed. As an example here is a spec for a 2001 Toyota Tundra 4dr 4X2 LTD V8

As for trusting a particular hick-writing pretender's facts, I will be happy to just as soon as s/he posts one....
  • ratboy3ratboy3 Posts: 324
    makes sense what TimD says... makes sense what Just1 says as well being it is posted on Edmunds..

gotta double check where the U-Haul folks attached the trailers I have rented.. hopefully they didnt use rubber bands :o)
    We arent syaing you cant add one just it doesnt come with one it is unavailable. Why is it??? Trucks should come with them

Ryan
    but what TimD said.. it must be some configuration that it doesnt have the option for that H20 whatever that was..
    and just like what Just1 said.. it is a fact on that aspect..
    I do remember when I got my truck.. all of them had the little square holes behind them to put the hitch thing..
  • OK, there certainly is a discrepancy in info here. Toyota's site is mum. Three online sources say you can get the particular towing option with all configurations and two say you can't. Please note though that the two that say you can't are talking about a particular towing option (maybe there is an alternative in those cases?). I can understand why they might not offer other than the included bumper hitch location with the V-6, but cannot see why with the 4X4. Possibly the latter must use a different hitch (XH60 maybe?) due to the additional height? Who knows?

Still, without a definitive answer from Toyota, it is premature to say that you can't tow on a receiver hitch just because one optional one is not available. That's called a fallacy in logic.

Witness another similar logic fallacy to see the point:
    Some men are not parents.
    You are not a parent.
    Therefore, you are not a man.

Of course, that will be true for those of you who are not, in fact, men. But false (whatever the accusations we might see posted here to the contrary) for those of you who are men but aren't parents.

I apologize, in advance, to those of you who feel that this topic and logic are mutually exclusive domains.... ;-)
  • bcobco Posts: 756
    i went back to re-read my post and, sure enough, i hadn't admitted to making anything up. i guess that makes YOU just as guilty of that "annoying tendency of over-generalizing", yes? ok then. this issue is a dead one. i can see you're not worth my time. let's just talk trucks...

bco
    My point flew over your head.

My point is on a 4x4 Limited (same as LT silverado) you cant get a hitch. Why? I have no idea thats what i asked.

DH Towing Receiver Hitch
    NOT AVAILABLE with XH60, 9Z

Whats XH60 i asked before no answers no one knows. Is it the limited pkg designation? 9Z is the harness for it so that makes sense.

Logic hehe there is no logic in this topic

Ryan
  • Just checked www.driveoff.com and they also showed the DH hitch available for all except the V-6 engines. I'll bet the hitch isn't available with the Limited now because it has become standard equipment!
    I dont know. Theres nothing that says that. No mention at kbb or edmunds about a hitch that is std. If you find anything post it.

Ryan
  • Talking trucks: Why are they called "trucks" anyway? Hmmmmm.... Webster's shows the etymology (not to be confused with entomology -- that will drive you buggy!) of the the word as probably coming from the Latin trochus meaning "iron hoop" which came from the Greek trochos meaning "wheel" and that the word came into our language as "truck" in about 1611. Gee, I think they were only making Fords back then, huh? ;-)
    2001 tundra

not a 2000
    Ryan neglected to say that the info he posted was for a '00 Tundra (Just an oversight - I'm sure). Man, he is beginning to sound just like Libby.

Ryan - the note that you and Libby posted applies to all Tundras. I suppose the next thing you will say is that you can't get a hitch on any Tundra. LAME.

You have been hanging around Libby too long. Repent - maybe there is hope for you. It may not be too late.
  • I'll let you know if I come across something.
    opps kbb didnt work but go over there they dont have 2000 listed in new vehicles its moved to the 2001 model yr.

Ryan
    I was just posting about "how I read what you posted".

Now you see what a hypocrite you are. Point, Set, Match.
    Im not mising out i have a hitch on my silverado

IM NOT RAGGING

justtheone brought up a point i figured id expand this so whats the XH60?????

Thats what i am getting at

Ryan

ITS OVER PUT THIS TO A REST No more said on the hitch issue agreed?
    but...
  • I agree. Smoking is a disgusting habit....

;-)
    no butts
  • How can I answer that without breaking the agreement?

;-)
This discussion has been closed.