Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Tundra vs the Big 3 Continued IV

Comments

• That last one was for kevino and not modvptnl for sure. Is that kevino really unixgod? Ponder that one now. Good luck on this one now!
  • bamatundrabamatundra Posts: 1,583
    Why did you feel the need to post exactly the same info twice? I thought Libby was the king of cut and paste.

I was looking over the specs and I was struck by how similar the two trucks were. The only thing that I saw a very noticeable difference in was rear leg room.

Standard towing: 7200lbs vs. 7700lbs. I'm sorry - 500 lbs more towing capacity is nothing to get excited about. And the max towing capacity - only Libby would be fool enough to try and tow 8400lbs on a regular basis with a half ton truck.

Torque - the Chevy has 10ftlbs more torque - but at 4000 RPM!! You have to wind the [non-permissible content removed] off of a Chevy to get 10lbs. more.

Horse Power - Chevy is known for stretching the truth on horsepower ratings. I would rather have a truck with torque down low like the Tundra.

Styling - Why would anyone buy a new truck with 70's era styling. In my opinion the Chevy is butt ugly compared to the Tundra.

Now lets talk Tundra advantages: 40% more powertrain warranty. That's right- 2 years and 24,000 miles more. The truck that really needs a warranty - the Chev has less!

Tundra: 32valve, DOHC V8 - the same proven engine used in the Land Cruiser since '92. Bulletproof and it will run on the cheapest regular gas you can find.

Tundra: Winner 2000 J.D. Powers award for initial quality in full size pickups.

Tundra: Ranked 4th as a manufacturer in initial quality. Chevy as a manufacturer is ranked 26th! So bad it is off their charts. It is struggling to stay ahead of Hyundai.

Toyota T100: Winner of 2000 J.D. Powers award for dependability in full size pickups. This is based on 5 year reliability.

The '99 Chevy Silverado is ranked as a used vehicle to avoid - already! The 2000 has a -90% predicted reliability.

Do you see a pattern here? The Chevy is expensive junk. I'm glad you like your big back seat though.
  • Lemon yellow! Good luck on this one now!
  • There aint much difference in them stick measurements? They be alot further apart than a compare of them S10 ones too that tundra one now. Based on that yuppie logic, that S10 would compare right up too them tundras now. Course them S10 ones got more haul in em for sure. Use your eyes for this one! Some folks be hard too learn for sure. Get them eyes checked quick! Good luck on this one now!
    Good luck on this one now!
    When are you going to tell us about Donny? Why should we have to ask Donny? Why are you being so coy? Stop beating around the bush. Don't pussyfoot around. Don't skirt the issue.

Come clean. You know you want to. Just tell us the truth. Are you capable of it?

Good luck on this one now!
  • Too be learnin on Donny see #1042 posted up
    jcmdie. If ya ask me again you just be hearin the
    same. Good luck on this one now!
  • kevinokevino Posts: 19
    mine is a 00,Lariat,SD,V10,4x4,SC,4.30.
    Whenever I'm running it someone seems to wind up chasing me, in my dust that is.

As for unixgod, I'd say not. You could say I've got me a little religion and I don't use HIS name in jest.

As for yuppie, that Young Urban Professional you know. Forget it bud, I work for a moving company and live out in the country.

NOW...I have responded to your statements quickly and to the point. Why don't you? You could "use your eyes on this one now" if your head wasn't up your ***.

I mean that to be directed at whoever your are, your time is up. You aren't funny. Did you forget your medication?

Wait ...wait...I see another cut and paste coming?
  • It be lookin like that toy factory will be comin out with another one of them "all new full size" ones real soon. Them tundra ones be goin the way of them t100 ones now. Good luck on this one now!
  • kevinokevino Posts: 19
    john. While I was there I had a thought about you.... and then I justletone.

Anyway I do have a life so I'm going to go get on with it. See ya ...laooooserrr.
    When are YOU going to tell us about Donny? Why do we have to ask Donny? Why don't you tell us? Just blowing more "bottom leaf" smoke.
  • just had me another toke
  • Too be learnin on Donny see #1042 posted up
    jcmdie. If ya ask me again you just be hearin the
    same. Good luck on this one now!
  • Im just in the need of attention. Can't get much lovin sense the mule passed on. Been layin my eyes on the neighbors heffer. He'll go fad chasin soon and I'm sure to be visiting that barn.
    Wish me luck on this one now!
  • He really bees my stable boy. It was Donny boy caused da mule to pass on.
    Got me one of them limited ones comin in the mornin. Hitch comin in the male order soon. As in for me and Donny we'll bury that mule hind quarters up if ya be gittin my drifters.
    Good luck for us now!
  • rwellbaum2rwellbaum2 Posts: 1,006
    After readin' them last posts, my belly be achin' from all the laughin' an knee slappin for sure!
  • you guys seem to be experts on what you can and cannot get from the factory on a tundra, please tell me why i could not order a sliding rear window on my 2000 silverado....speak up there justletone, just the facts please
  • ryanbabryanbab Posts: 7,240
    Its because gms supplier for the rear slider made something that was crap. They had problems with it cracking. Thats the bad thing about relying on suppliers. They mess up your screwed

Ryan
    Ryan - Do you mean GM's supplier made something which matched the quality of the rest of the truck? What was the problem?
  • Ya could get that slider at first on them new ones, but them that vendered it couldn't make it tough enough for the workin man, so that factory says "Nope" lessin they be up to the standard of that workin man, we aint wantin no more of em. Facts is facts. Good luck on this one now!
  • Aint heard a tell yet on any folk "workin" them limited ones. Heard one tell on "haulin" a john boat, but it weren't nothin a compact could a done now. Where be all them folks who be workin that "full size" limited one now. Maybe that lack of that hitch got somethin too do with it. What say too this one? Good luck on this one now!
    The GM rear sliders were being broken by the excessive cab flex. It's the same flex that makes their doors squeek and rattle. Why doesn't any other manufacturers have problems with the rear slider breaking? Hmmmm! Seems the GM loyalist are trying to blame poor Silverado quality on some mysterious window "vendor". If that were actually the problem then why haven't they switched "vendors"?
    The "Limited" one has spoken!

Libby has a bee under her bonnet again! Still stinging about being revealed as a liar. She'll probably keep posting the same old lies about Tundra hitches. Boring!

Libby - How did your truck change from a '47 to a '52? I don't think that the mysterious Donny or JCMDIE can explain this one for you! And what is Donny's last name and email address so we can verify your lies? Cat got your tongue?

I think that Libby is going to pull out her "Y" word on her response to this - "Yuppies". Oh, no! Not a Yuppie!

Or maybe she'll babble some more lies about Tundra hitches. Man - She is getting boring! I think the second hand smoke has diminished her already limited brain capacity. All she seems to be able to do is cut and paste.

Oh well - I guess she is the "limited" one. - Limited intelligence. Limited brain capacity. Limited credibility.
    Quit hounding the flustered old girl! She already fessed up that Donny was the staple boy what killed her mule.
    Yeah, you're right. I'm getting tired of toying with Libby. I wish the real Rube would come back. I think Edmund's set a grenade off in his computer. Libby is a weak imposter. I think Justheone (with 1 "t") is closer to the real Rube.
  • swobigswobig Posts: 634
    kinda bugs you Tundra guys that justtheone matches wits with you. Post the same old nonsense and never really have anything purposeful to say - problem is that he's better at it then you!!! heehehe (no offense rube - keep on truckin)...
    Actually, I love it when ol' libbey posts. His incoherent, fake-dialect ramblings kinda sums up the collective intelligence of mainstream chevy diehards. ;)
  • ryanbabryanbab Posts: 7,240
    Doors squeak and rattle?

I must have gotten the only good one then cause mine dont make a peep

Ryan
    I'm sure that Libby appreciates you coming to her defense. Do you two know each other? Are you telling me that Libby is the best the Chevy pack can come up with? Pretty pathetic.
This discussion has been closed.