-July 2024 Special Lease Deals-

2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

Is the Subaru Crosstrek a full hybrid? Are there any full-hybrid SUVs?

Cyber_AkumaCyber_Akuma Member Posts: 2
edited January 2021 in Subaru
My father's old 2005 Toyota Highlander is really showing it's age, and he wants to replace it. He really likes the 2013 Subaru Forester I have and was considering getting a 2021 Subaru Outback himself.

However, he also said if possible he would really want a hybrid (not electric). But I am not sure what options there are, and if ANYONE makes a "full hybrid" (AKA, those are the ones that can fully run on gas or electricity right?) other than Prius.... but I think that might be outdated information. From my understanding, all other Hybrids only operate in full-electricy mode up to like 10-15MPH, and then are full-gas with the electricity just being acceleration assist past that right? Or is this outdated information? From what I understand, the only hybrid SUV Subaru has is the Crosstrek right? Any opinions on that one? What about hybrid SUV options from Toyota? Does any manufacturer make a "full hybrid" SUV like how the Prius works?

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 245,017

My father's old 2005 Toyota Highlander is really showing it's age, and he wants to replace it. He really likes the 2013 Subaru Forester I have and was considering getting a 2021 Subaru Outback himself.

However, he also said if possible he would really want a hybrid (not electric). But I am not sure what options there are, and if ANYONE makes a "full hybrid" (AKA, those are the ones that can fully run on gas or electricity right?) other than Prius.... but I think that might be outdated information. From my understanding, all other Hybrids only operate in full-electricy mode up to like 10-15MPH, and then are full-gas with the electricity just being acceleration assist past that right? Or is this outdated information? From what I understand, the only hybrid SUV Subaru has is the Crosstrek right? Any opinions on that one? What about hybrid SUV options from Toyota? Does any manufacturer make a "full hybrid" SUV like how the Prius works?

There is both a hybrid and PHEV version of the RAV4; I think the PHEV is more like the Prius.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Cyber_AkumaCyber_Akuma Member Posts: 2
    How does the Crosstrek Hybrid perform then since it's also plug-in?
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 245,017

How does the Crosstrek Hybrid perform then since it's also plug-in?

Haven't driven one, so can't answer that

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4