Are you shopping for a new vehicle and having trouble finding one, or have you been waiting a long time for a factory order? A reporter would like to speak with you; please reach out to [email protected] by Tues. 5/11 for more details.

RV and MF for 2021 Ford Escape Titanium AWD

SjfphotoSjfphoto Member Posts: 6
edited April 12 in Ford
I'm looking for current MF, RV, and incentives for both a 2020 and 2021 Titanium AWD (base with no options) in 07843. 36 month, 12k/year.

Thanks so much!!!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 187,348
    Sjfphoto said:

I'm looking for current MF, RV, and incentives for both a 2020 and 2021 Titanium AWD (base with no options) in 07843. 36 month, 12k/year.

Thanks so much!!!

4.65% APR
    55% residual
    $250 lease cash
    $500 dealer cash

2.30% APR
    54% residual
    $1000 lease cash
    $500 dealer cash

Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• SjfphotoSjfphoto Member Posts: 6
    With the spring sales event going on, are these numbers still valid on the 2020? Are they any additional incentives?

Thanks again!

Making the deal tomorrow.

They wanted to hit me with a TrueCar fee. Lol, I was only looking at 2021 inventory on TrueCar. Crazy!
    Sjfphoto said:

With the spring sales event going on, are these numbers still valid on the 2020? Are they any additional incentives?

Thanks again!

Making the deal tomorrow.

They wanted to hit me with a TrueCar fee. Lol, I was only looking at 2021 inventory on TrueCar. Crazy!

The numbers haven't changed since Monday.

Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I figured as much. Just wanted to be sure.

Thanks again!
    I have a question. I was always told that the MSRP to use when calculating Residual Value is the price at the bottom of the sticker (Total MSRP in Ford's case). The vehicle I'm interested in has a total MSRP of $37680. With the current RV for the 2020 Escape Titanium (36 Month/36K) being at 54% I have the RV at 20347.20. My Salesman told me that the RV is $20,563.20. The $216 difference equates to $400 (216/RV). It appears that the dealer removed the $400 20.L ECOBOAST NATL DISC from the MSRP. When I do that the RV matches what the dealer is telling me.

My question is, shouldn't the RV (at 54%) be $20,347.20 based on "Total MSRP" of 37680? Is appears that the dealer is removing the $400 credit making the "new" MSRP $38080 and the RV $20563.20.
    Sjfphoto said:

I have a question. I was always told that the MSRP to use when calculating Residual Value is the price at the bottom of the sticker (Total MSRP in Ford's case). The vehicle I'm interested in has a total MSRP of $37680. With the current RV for the 2020 Escape Titanium (36 Month/36K) being at 54% I have the RV at 20347.20. My Salesman told me that the RV is $20,563.20. The $216 difference equates to $400 (216/RV). It appears that the dealer removed the $400 20.L ECOBOAST NATL DISC from the MSRP. When I do that the RV matches what the dealer is telling me.

My question is, shouldn't the RV (at 54%) be $20,347.20 based on "Total MSRP" of 37680? Is appears that the dealer is removing the $400 credit making the "new" MSRP $38080 and the RV $20563.20.

Ford is the only make that uses a different number. It is indeed the higher number in a "box", before package discounts.

This is in your favor. A lower residual would result in a higher payment.

Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for the quick reply. That's interesting in that, assuming they put the $400 discount back in, that discount amount get fully depreciated over the course of the loan. Kind of doesn't make sense in that, that particular figure is part of the sticker price and (I would think) should be spread out across the whole Vehicle (Leased portion and RV portion).

I'm also assuming that somewhere on the final sales contract I should see that $400 listed somewhere? OR will they just put in the overall discounts section?
    Sjfphoto said:

Thanks for the quick reply. That's interesting in that, assuming they put the $400 discount back in, that discount amount get fully depreciated over the course of the loan. Kind of doesn't make sense in that, that particular figure is part of the sticker price and (I would think) should be spread out across the whole Vehicle (Leased portion and RV portion).

I'm also assuming that somewhere on the final sales contract I should see that $400 listed somewhere? OR will they just put in the overall discounts section?

The only thing the MSRP is used for, is to calculate the residual.

If they use a $400 higher MSRP, then you save $400 X the residual percentage. As your selling price would not change.

IOW, you shouldn't have an issue with this. It saves you money.

Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I agree 100%. The problem was/is they won't lower the payment. Yes, it's $6/month but still.
    edited April 20
    Sjfphoto said:

I agree 100%. The problem was/is they won't lower the payment. Yes, it's $6/month but still.

What is $6/mo.? They aren't removing the discount. They are just calculating a higher residual. $216 higher residual = $6/mo LESS that you have to pay.

Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator