Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Civic Exhaust Manifold / Converter question

ck361ck361 Member Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in Honda
Hello!

My 2002 Honda Civic LX has a crack in the "exhaust manifold," so says the dealer. I looked on-line and the part that has the crack is called the "catalytic converter." I believe in 2002 they make this part all as one unit. In any event, I have under 80k miles and should be covered under warranty but the dealer is adamant that it's the exhaust manifold not the converter. Does that sound accurate? The piece is all one unit. I was thinking of taking it to another dealer to get a second opinion, or should I go ahead and call up Honda Corp to discuss as well.

Help! Thanks in advance.

Comments

• talaltalal Member Posts: 1
    I just got back from the dealer with the exact same issue, although they told me its totally under warranty... you should go to another dealer.
  • ck361ck361 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I should have posted. I called another local dealer and they told me it was covered under warranty, so I got it replaced for FREE! Kind of stinks that the other place was trying to rip me off. :mad:

Thanks!
  • dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    I hope you write a letter to the owner of the other dealership letting him know how the service department tried to rip you off.
  • lemor13lemor13 Member Posts: 1
    my honda civic 2000 model's check engine light is on and off sometimes.so i went to a honda dealer where we bought the car to have it check and they performed a computer diagnostic test.according to them the EXHAUST MANIFOLD is cracked and we needed to replace it and also the 0-2 sensor.how do i know that they were telling telling the truth and not just to rip me off?what is the sign that i should look if i really needed to replace the E.M. and 0-2 sensor?they also said that its hazardous to my health because of the carbon monoxide that might go inside the car.the check engine light is off as of now because they said they shaved and cleaned it.and according to them it will come back again if we don't replace it.please help me.thank you very much
This discussion has been closed.