Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Hyundai Genesis Sedan 2009+

1188189190191192194»

Comments

• tjc78tjc78 South JerseyPosts: 8,542
    Start calling junkyards and check EBay for a used unit. Install yourself or ask an indie shop to do it for you.

2017 Buick Enclave / 2017 Hyundai Elantra

• i am sorry I bought Hyundai myself. poor service. sales pressure,
    I prefer a Honda, no problem, goos service.
    Genesis might paid other to say good things. It has poor ride, and get very poor after 5K.
    Gas for their cars is very low,,,hardly get 26MPG on Highway and 15-16mpg in the city.
    a Friend got Sonata,, averaged 28mpg in HWY not 35.
    and 20 in the city, not 24.
  • Seems to me that most of these haters have never owned or even ridden in a Genesis or above Hyundai. For the matter the new Azera has been rated neck and neck with the Lexus ES 350 by most of the mags. I've owned two Acuras and a Volkswagen Phaeton and have bought two Genesis for my mom and one for me. My wife is on her third Audi. They are a whisker away from Acura quality. My only complaints would be that the ride is a little too Buick instead of Audi and the leather on the drivers seat after only 27,000 miles is getting a bit shiny looking. That tells me the material quality is just a touch off. Otherwise this car has been stellar. So stellar in fact that I can't wait for the next iteration of the Genesis so I can own it. Keep hating all you status conscious dopes who want to waste your hard earned money on nothing more than a name. Me? I'm a fan. Hyundai has earned my loyalty.
  • I followed the launch of the Genesis back in 2009. I went to a ride along at Westover AFB before they even went on sale. I ended up purchasing a 2009 V6 premium with 32k on it in August 2010 . It's been the best car I've ever owned. I live in MA. and bought four snows the first winter. Drove that Genie right through two blizzards with no problem.

I now have 110K on that Genesis. Only thing I've had done to it is the front brakes beyond normal maintenance. I have had a couple recall things done. The most troubling was the well documented throttle sensing switch.

Only thing I can sense is the quietness of the cabin is going away. Road noise is creeping in but everything else is just fine. My twenty two year old son wants to buy it off me.

Got to give Hyundai credit....they have done a great job at building their brand. I'm a Hyundai loyalist.
  • miklomiklo Posts: 67
    edited April 2013
    WOW REALLY? I own a 2009 Genesis which I bought new and I get 20mpg in the city and 25 on the highway, BTW Genesis was car of the year in 2009 so it's not just shills that say good things about this car. I have been buying cars for over 40 years the last car I owned was a CTS Caddy, and before was a BMW so I have owned and driven a wide variety of cars and in my opinion Genesis is one of the best cars I have ever ridden in or owned, I cant speak for newer models but 2009 is a great car, I own the 6cyl and when it was new I had it on the freeway and after it got to 150 mph I let off cuz I'm a little to old to go faster lol. Look this argument has been around as long a I can remember so if you don't like a car don't buy it, on the other hand try useful comments other than just bad rapping a car. Some ppl hate the color gray but I like it so that's the colour I bought and cars are no different. It's hard to get a better car for the money and I get great service with lifetime free oil changes and all the rest. It's possible to get a "lemon" from any manufacturer and sometimes its the way the car is driven or should I say abused. That's how I see it.
    MIKLO

P.S. I will say the original dunlap tires SUX big time and I had to replace at 17,000 miles, although the dealer did give me a deal on the new ones which they didnt have to do.
  • LASHAWNLASHAWN Posts: 303
    I purchased my 2012 V6 Prem/Tech back in December and just love it. Mine is Titanium Silver in color and I get alot of compliments. My only real quibble is why would Hyundai only have the driver seat cooled and not passenger as well. To my knowledge, this is the only car with one cooled seat.
  • sheltonzzsheltonzz Posts: 15
    simple! upgrade to the Equus like I did and front seats are cooled and back seats are also heated as well. I have had Lexus, Infiniti and Genesis but the Equus is best.
  • miklomiklo Posts: 67
    YEP I test drove the Equus and it is really a very nice car and better than the Genesis,of course it should be cuz the price is way more,but ya get what ya pay for.I only have 30,000 miles on my 2009 Genesis which I got new so its not even broke in yet lol so I really dont need a new car and I am very happy with my Genesis but if I win the lottery I guess I will buy one,or maybe two lol.
    MIKLO
  • LASHAWNLASHAWN Posts: 303
    Only if I hit the lotto man.
  • buddycbuddyc Posts: 10
    I couldn't agree more as I have never had an issue with my 09 Genesis radio or ANYTHING for that matter ... I'm surely no shill, have owned Volvo's, Audi A6 most recently, BMW 535, etc and I'll take my Genesis over all of them for the total value package. Am now just laying in wait for one of the early Equus to come onto the resale market (low mileage) in a year or two, at which time I will segue from the Genesis ... but only MAYBE. That's how much I like this car ... IMO Hyundai hit a home run in 2009 right out of the chute with this car!
  • shagnatshagnat Posts: 78
    Help!! I just purchased a used 2010 Genesis 4.6L w/tech package. My navigation system is waay off. Is there a way to update it? The used car sales dude I bought it from doesn't know beans about the car, so he's no help.
    TIA,
    --Shagnat
  • tenpin288tenpin288 Posts: 804
    Go here: https://mapnsoft.com/us/hyundai/aboutus.asp

You can order map updates through them for your Genesis.
  • alonzo2alonzo2 Posts: 46
    I'm glad to know about this address. The dealer wanted over a thousand dollars for an update.
  • shagnatshagnat Posts: 78
    Cannot get the updates through MapnSoft if you have the Tech package. Only available through the Hyundai dealer. My dealer(s) want $345 for the update. This is ridiculous. Why Hyundai did that, I'll never know...... it's a BIG turn off more so than having customers update every 2 or 3 years at a more modest $100. Honda only gets $80 to update their Pilot (2012). So, does Hyundai really think their's is 4 x better than Honda? Nope, just stupid is all.
  • car109car109 Posts: 4
    it is poor service these days for the profit.
    Even the Genesis ride is poor compared to Park Avenue or Le sabre.
    That said, GM no longer produce cars with good ride such as the DTS,
    Lesabre or park Avenue.
    as for MPG with all the Techng. Hyundai and others could not get a good mpg of 45 mpg on any of their cars.
  • What have people paid for the Genesis Wing Emblems to be installed all around on the hood, rear deck, steering wheel and wheels?

Bonnie
  • I bought my emblems online and they were very easy to apply myself. I found a youtube video that showed how simple it was.

Here is a link to a bunch of videos. http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hyundai+genesis+badge+&oq=genesis+ba- d&gs_l=youtube.1.0.0i5.4259.13923.0.16412.11.9.0.2.2.0.77.576.9.9.0...0.0...1ac.- 1.11.youtube.yck71RvlzsY
  • I bought my Genesis right off the lot so equipped ... SO much better than the Hyundai "H" for sure ... can't tell you how often random people in parking lots and at gas stations say "Is that a Maybach?" Go for it!