Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Acura MDX Air Vent Clips

2»

Comments

• The reviews on this product even mention the MDX specifically

http://www.amazon.com/Auto-Expressions-VNT-27-VENT-STICKS/dp/B001CV30G2
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    edited September 2014
    I don't know what they put in it, but I prefer not to breathe that kind of stuff, especially in a closed in area like a car. Can't find a MSDS for this brand, but it looks like it's around at most auto parts stores, Walmart etc.

Ah, here we go (pfd file). Funny warning - "If inhaled, remove afected person from contaminated area." (rittco.com.au) Maybe you could clean the stuff out and just use the sticks.
  • I have an 04 mdx and have 2 broken vent clips. It doesn't look too bad if you put the clip back together and use a 4 inch electrical tie threaded through the middle of the fork in the back of the clip and around to the front. It works like new and won't break again. Takes about 15 minutes and works fine if you don't mind the small tab from the electrical tie on the front of the clip. I used a pair of hemostats to thread it through but tweezers would probably work.
    That the same thing as a zip tie?

• I FIXED THE LEFT AND RIGHT SIDE VENTS !....I do like the vent-type air freshener work around. But here's the right way. Get your parts: tube of super glue and 4 metallic 1-inch putty knives....1). Remove the vent assembly. Do this by sliding putty knife sides of the vents to push in the 1/2 metal tabs 2 holding the vent. Do this for both side of the vent and pull outward. 2) Break the 2 top tabs attaching the front part of the vent to the back part. Bend the front part so that you are able to slide out the small louver assembly. Now attach your broken tab with the left-behind remaining tab. Super glue the edges of the tab that do not touch a louver. Let dry for an hour. Slide louver assembly back to being between the front and back parts. Tie the front and back part with a rubber band, then glue the tabs together; let them all harden overnight. Then, slide them back into the vent hole. Wahlah ! You're back in service.....Hope this works you all ! God Bless.
  • Thanks cheeseburger72! The e-bay seller has his own website/webstore. I am ordering directly from them to fix my 2009 that has both outer vent's broken.
    Here is the website:https://www.venttabs.com/
    Looks like Cherokee's have crap components too.
    edited August 2015
    I don't know why anyone would trust buying something from an anonymous web site like that with no contact info, no street address, no phone number, private domain info, etc. Smells kind of spammy to me.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,482
    It's only $5.50. It would seem a whole lotta trouble to invent an "air vent tab" rip-off. That would be like counterfeiting nickels. :p

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

Share Your Vehicle Reviews Here

• coastie55coastie55 Posts: 1
    I have 2004 MDX with same problem. Tried regluing the tabs but didn't last long. Finally a simple fix. Take 4 small black paper clamps with chrome wire handles. Use them to clip the two halves of the tab together and then remove the wire handles. The clamps I used are about 3/4 in wide. It's been couple of years now and still working fine.