Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Crew - Events

Comments

• wrxsoon1wrxsoon1 Posts: 158
    Mike,
    I read a post over on NASIOC that made it sound like the SOA folks thought you guys actually worked for Edmunds and that's what got you so close to the STi. I think it's the last post in this thread...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31- 0930

-Ian

p.s. I guess being group moderators here has already provided some perks! LOL!
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    Bob and Juice were "creative" in how they presented us, and Hypov and I just went along with it :)

-mike
    Sounds like a great plan...let the marketing guy do the talking!! LOL!
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    That's what I thought, too, but Bob insisted that he didn't present us as being anyone special.

You think he noticed the Subaru logo on my shirt and both our Subaru hats, though? ;-)

They probably did think we were employees of some sort.

-juice
  • hypovhypov Posts: 3,068
    Disclaimer:
    At no point did we purport or claimed to work for Edmunds. The rep merely misunderstood.

For the record, we were well behaved. We didn't drool all over the engine or interior. ;-)

-Dave
    True, but I had to use a bib! :-)

-juice
    Juice,
    I thought I saw dribbles on that nice blue vest!
  • I loved that post over on NASIOC about you guys at the Baltimore show. Makes me wish I was on the east coast.
    Ron
    Technically, we are "Community Leaders" here on Edmunds.com. And we're Crew Chiefs of the Subaru Crew. Not that we're paid or anything.

Wait a sec - I gotta renegotiate the contract. :-)

-juice
  • toboggantoboggan Posts: 283
    Ah, my '98 OBW Limited has the AWP without the LSD <grin>. -15 again this morning. The heated leather driver's seat makes cold weather bearable on the drive to the ski area. -27 wind chill temp at the ski area.

MNSteve
    Brrr, use something to protect your face.

-juice
  • Karen_SKaren_S Posts: 5,095
    There were Edmunds reps at the show???!!!!

I'll never tell. ;-)

Edmunds Manager UGC Click on my screen name to send a personal message. Need help navigating? Check out Getting Started in Edmunds Forums.
    Need help picking out a make/model, finding inventory, or advice on pricing? Talk to an Edmunds Car Shopping Advisor

• rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,788
    It depends on how you define "rep." ;)

Bob
  • subearusubearu Posts: 3,613
    One ticket to autoshow: $10
    Food & Drink at autoshow: $10

Getting to see the STi up-close while the general public watches (irregardless of 'representation'): priceless

;-)

-Brian
    Yeah, it made our day.

It's funny, I go to both the Baltimore and Washington cars shows. Baltimore is often thought of as a blue-collar town, as well as Washington's sometimes forgotten step-child. However, when it comes to car shows, the Baltimore show is so much better than the Washington show.

It really is a matter of timing. The Washington show is right after Christmas, but before the Detroit or LA shows. It is the "last" of last year's shows, whereas the Baltimore show follows the Detroit and LA shows by a couple of weeks, thereby allowing some of he new vehicles that were announced at those shows to appear at Baltimore. That couldn't have been more true than in the case of this year's Baltimore show.

Bob
    DC gets last year's left-overs.

Baltimore at least gets a few of the new debuts from Detriot, just a few weeks later. They had lots of cars I had not seen before, and that's great considering I'd been to the NY Auto Show in April of last year.

Still, I was bummed that they did not show the new Quest or Sienna, but then again we did see the F150 and Titan.

-juice
    The only new car at the DC show (of any interest to me) was the Honda Element and 4Runner V6. There may have been a few other new models, but if there were, they were models dues shortly for release, as was the case with the Element and 4Runner V6.

Not so for Baltimore. Besides what you mentioned, there were the Subies, Chevy Malabu and cladding-free Avalanche, new Caddys, Maxima, GMC XUV, '04 Grand Cherokee, FX45 Infiniti, as well as a few others that currently escape my memory.

Bob
    Element had arrived in dealers by then, no? So DC had almost nothing new to offer.

Baltimore also had the Endeavor and the New Beetle Cabrio. That's a good dozen or more debuts for the Mid-Atlantic region.

Plus there were some models that were open for the first time, so you could crawl inside.

-juice
    Hey all there will be an installfest this saturday at my place in NYC. Anyone interested let me know.

-mike
    First auto-x @ Giant's Stadium this sunday. C'mon out!

-mike