Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the Edmunds forums! We are changing the way you sign into our forums. Click here to learn more.

Dodge Dakota Accessories and Modifications

1333435363739»

Comments

• Being that the Dakota is a mid-size pickup, and until recently, they were the only ones in that category, you most likely find one made for another make/model that fits the bed size of your Dakota.
  • Thanks for the reply and information. How can I find out what other makes might fit short of going around and measuring all different trucks. thank you Winnie
  • There was a word omitted from my previous post, and unfortunately it was an important one. You most likely will not find any other make/model will directly cross-fit to your Dakota.

Your best bet may be to inquire through a truck cap manufacturer, such as Leer, or a dealer of truck caps. They have all of the cross-reference charts, and should be able to tell you if there's anything out there that will fit. Once you have a list, you can then check the local ads for people selling the caps off of their other make trucks.
  • What is a good aftermarket exhaust system for a 2001 4.7L Dodge Dakota?
  • blk4x4blk4x4 Posts: 43
    Depends on what you want and how much you want to spend...You can go simple and get a flowmaster 40 series 2 1/2 in with off set inlet and opp. off set outlet and a piece of extension pipe and it will bolt right up to the factory tailpipe......Sounds good too
  • Really im just looking for something that sounds good on the truck. I am not to familiar with the Dakota, so I dont know what is a good system to go with. I know sometimes certain brands and mufflers, etc. sound better on certain cars though.
  • on my 97 dakota with a 318 i have the flowmasters performance series on it with 3 inch tips. depending on the size of the engine determines the size of the exhaust you want. the exhaust i have gives it a nice groaty sound and gives it a good muscle tone.
  • ryank1ryank1 Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 Dodge dakota SLT V8 2WD and I want to lift it 3inches. The question is that after i lift it will i be able to put 33in. tires on my truck and also somebody told me that i might need a shift extension if i lift it is that nonsense or do i need one?
  • I have a 2004 Dakota I installed remote start on. When using the remote start the engine will turnover but won't start. Does anyone know what might cause this?
  • Hey fellow D/D lovers! I am planning a motor swap project and would like it to go smoothly. I have a 1992 Dakota single cab with the 3.9 v6, I want to replace it with the inline 6 24 valve cummins diesel. Does anyone know what it takes and needs to be done?
This discussion has been closed.