Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Buick Rendezvous Transmission and AWD Problems

124»

Comments

• Is there a recall on the buik rendevous?  My 2003 has been in the shop for almost 2 months. When u put it in drive it hesitates and then will go. Then it completely stopped driving.. my mechanic put a new tranny in it and it's doing the same thing and now he can't find  a tranny for my car 
  • I got a 04 rendezvous that will shift into reverse and move but when I put it in drive will only move really slow any ideas on what may be going on
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,322
    Doesn't sound good. I'd suggest first checking the fluid levels, and if they are okay you may need to go to a shop for a pressure test and to drop the pan to see if there are any clues or if the filter is really gummed up.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

Share Your Vehicle Reviews Here

• candy46candy46 Posts: 2
    I have a 2003 buick rdv and it has a rubbing noise on the drivers side back wheel only when I turn the car to the left what could it be please help me no one can tell me what it is 
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,322
    Presuming tire interference has been ruled out (you can always examine the tire for rub-wear), you might have a bad wheel bearing. If you have an AWD model, you could have some driveshaft interference back there.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

Share Your Vehicle Reviews Here

• ray80ray80 Posts: 1,655
    edited July 2017
    candy46 said:

I have a 2003 buick rdv and it has a rubbing noise on the drivers side back wheel only when I turn the car to the left what could it be please help me no one can tell me what it is 

On my Pontiac version I believe it was a broken spring created running noise.
    Of course if the noise is more like moan/groan fluid driven AWD system if rear. Perhaps fluid leak or worse.
124»