Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Honda Civic: Problems & Solutions

1163164165166167169»

Comments

• rupnok1rupnok1 Posts: 29
    since you said coolant came out of the open radiator when the motor was revved sounds like the water pump works.

scale in a radiator can definitely impair heat transfer, I'd at least flush it if not take the radiator out and shake as much gunk out as possible.

also, are you running the correct ratio of antifreeze to water? straight coolant has a pretty poor heat carrying capacity and you can overheat (esp on highway driving) even with an intact, functioning cooling system.

my two cents, good luck.
  • vtivti Posts: 1
    Hi this is probably a bit late to help you but I have had the same problem with my 1993 Civic. I found the ‘squeak’ was being caused by a ‘dry’ ball joint and it got to the stage were even breaking would cause the ball joint to squeak. Usually it would only happen if I were turning the steering wheel or as you mentioned sitting on the front corner and bouncing on it a a little, as if I were testing the front shock.

Ultimately the best thing you can do, funds permitting and you know they are both old, change both ball joints it will save you time and money in the long run, especially if they are the sorts of ball joints that have to be ‘pressed’ in to the frame. I would also suggest you get the upper one’s checked as well. However if you don’t have the funds to change it at the moment, I have been told a way of reducing the noise at least for a while.

I have tried this myself and it worked for about 6 weeks, 1) Remove the wheel, jack the car, 2) locate the offending Ball joint. Now there is a retaining clip at the top of the ball joint rubber boot, remove carefully making sure not to puncture the rubber boot, peel back very carefully the rubber boot to expose the inside of the ball joint. Apply a liberal amount of grease and reverse the procedure. A few things to remember,1) Make sure once the vehicle has been jacked up, it is properly secure with axle stands etc, 2) I can’t stress enough how important it is not to split/damage the rubber boot, doing this will just defeat the whole object, 3) this is a messy job so be sure to wear some rubber gloves, 4) If you don't feel confident with attempting any of the above, don't do it.

Good Luck!
  • jikjik Posts: 144
    I have a 95 Honda civic with 105 K miles. Just got its timing belt chnaged. How do I know if the dealer actually changed it?

I dont see any difference and its still giving me same kind of sounds from engine when driving.

Spend more than $700 and dont have any percitible difference and dont know if anything was done at all.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    You've probably noticed new discussions appearing all over the forums. What's happening is that we are closing generic, everything-in-one pile discussions like this and creating smaller discussions that deal with specific areas of interest.

You'll find a number of discussions listed at the top level of this group: Honda Civic. When you are ready to post, please check the discussion list there for the appropriate discussion to post in. If there doesn't appear to be a discussion for the issue or problem you have, feel free to create one. We can deal with accidental duplication of topics as things progress.

While you are at the top-level, don't forget to click on Track This Group. You will then be tracking all of the Civic discussions that are here, as well as any new ones as they are created.

Using Read New Posts will mean you won't miss anything on the Civic board. If a discussion pops up which doesn't interest you (or is closed), all you have to do is click on Remove Track within the discussion.

Thanks for your understaning and help in making this group a great resource of information for Civic owners!
This discussion has been closed.