Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet TrailBlazer Electrical Problems

14567810»

Comments

• My Bro-in-Laws 2004 Trailblazer has started doing the same thing. After reading about all the causes, I'm going for the battery flip-switch which attached to the battery. Has anyone got a legal solution to this ?

• Hi! I have a 2005 Trailbazer that recently started having issues with the dash lights-I believe it is a sensor because they will not turn on when I start the car in the dark. Everything works, just no lights. They will however, go on when I start the car in the daylight hours. Anyone have this issue and what part do I need to fix this?
    Thanks in advance :)

• 5toofs5toofs Posts: 1
    I had a fire in the drivers side door panel of my 06 trailblazer. fortunately it was covered under the recall. I've had the vehicle back for 4 days now. Since I've had the car back I've been experiencing new issue's. First when coming to a stop just before the vehicle stops it lunges forward and second while at a stop the voltage meter drops so low its going to stall out and I have to rev the gas pedal to get it to bounce back up. The fire its self was only the switch that controls the heated seats, door locks, and windows. I have talked to one mechanic who thinks the new issue's could very well be related. When I asked the dealership the guy in service says it isn't possible. I'm wondering what other people think and why. please let me know what you think.
    Thank You
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,251
    Hello 5toofs,

I'm sorry to hear of your current experience with the Trailblazer. We would like to look into this concern further for you. Can you please send us a private message including your VIN, current mileage, contact information and the name of the dealership you visited? I look forward to your response and working with you.

Marlea W.
    GM Customer Care
  • jojo54454jojo54454 wisPosts: 1
    I have a 2004 Chevy trailblazer and a few days ago my 6 button power window control on drivers door stopped working, then the following day when I open my drivers door my dome light doesn't go on, and then when I turn my truck off the radio doesn't stay on for a little while like it use too. I checked the fuses and nothing, any help or suggestions would be great. Thinking about taking off the door panel and seeing if I have a broken wire somewhere...But wanted to ask on here first..
  • I have an 06 Trailblazer that I unfortunately purchased from JDBYRIDER in 2011. I am currently still leasing it and I owe about $1800. It has been giving me the weirdest issues since I got it. Overall it has been a good truck. I actually love the way Chevy's drive. Lately I just don't know what to think of it because now my issues are getting worse. It started with the headlights going out on me on the highway at night. They came back on a few seconds later. Then one day the fan in it wouldn't stop blowing once I had turned the car off. Some nice guys saw me looking under the hood and came over to show me what fuse to pull to get it to stop blowing.Then the radio used to make the weirdest noise when I would hit the accelerator. Next it was the headlights flickering and burning through the night. I took it to my neighbor who is a mechanic and he said that the battery and altenator were fine. He showed me which fuse to pull when I didn't need my lights. I ended up purchasing a new fuse to see if it would help and it did for a while but eventually it started doing it again. So now I just always pull the fuse out when I'm not going to need my headlights. I've noticed lately that when I pull the fuse it's very hot. So then the driver side door panel stops controlling everything. I haven't been able to get the window down for about a year now. The other night I left the fuse in on accident for about 3-4 hours and it had completely drained my battery. Then I noticed that the drivers side window was almost half way down...? When I jumped the car the next day the window wouldn't roll up and it only ran for about a minute and a half and cut off again. So we jumped it again and I drove it around the block. The next day I had the same problem. Jumped it again and let it run.. it cuts off again. Tried it later that evening and got the same thing. A month ago it cut off while driving twice in one week. For about the past 6 months now it does this weird thing when I hold the brake, it accelerates on its own as if I was tapping the gas. The ac/heat went out over the summer. However, when I'm going about 60 mph I can feel air lightly blowing out of the vents. So now I'm trying to decide, should I even bother getting it looked at or just try to find something new. It has close to 190,000 miles on it. I think I just answered my own question in that case. I never took it to a shop before because I had been reading many reviews and it seemed as if everyone was wasting their money and time.
14567810»