Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Have you recently gone to a dealership expecting to find/purchase a cheap new (not used) sedan and found it to be more expensive than expected? Or did you even end up purchasing a new SUV because it ended up being a similar price to a new sedan?
If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by Thursday, February 14 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.

2009 Acura TSX

Comments

• Thanks for the advice and yes I live in a south eastern state. I like the light interior but I just figured that the ebony would be easier to maintain. A question regarding that taupe color interior. In the brochure and on the web it looks like a light gray color, but I always considered taupe more in the brown family. Is it more light gray like in the Accord? I do think the light interior looks classier, but I just hate that gray leather in the new Accord.
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    Now that I've thought more about it, I think the taupe is like the color of putty, a bit darker than sand/beige. Unfortunately my dealer didn't have any taupe interior on display when I was down there.
  • bobgwtwbobgwtw Posts: 187
    Try Lexol to preserve & protect the leather. Easy to use, works great & very reasonable cost; and if you ever do need a cleaner use the Lexol cleaner.

I've used it for years & the leather always looks great. 126,000 miles on my 06 Avalon & not a crease, wrinkle or blemish on the drivers seat.
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    my tsx has ebony interior. I live on the southeast coast of North Carolina. Yes the shifter gets hot-it's metal on the top but I do not think the interior does. It still looks excellent after 2 years and 67,000 miles. I clean and condition the seats and the car is garage kept.
    It's pretty much a fact that a dark interior will retain heat moreso than a light interior. Maybe not by a lot, but it will to some degree (pardon the pun!).
    I agree but from personal experience it does not feel any hotter than the gray interior we have in another car. We have black interior in our white truck and that seems to stay the coolest in hot weather,
    Perhaps the white exterior of the truck over-compensated, so to speak, for the dark interior by reflecting the heat away.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,724
    Well with a black car is does take a lot of work to keep it looking great. I think I could do it! lol.

But, get this, I saw this beautiful black 07 Accord V6 EX-L at my work parking lot, for a while it looked amazing!! Wing Spoiler, tinted windows!! Clean, shiny. It is owned by a much older man. I came in to work one day, and saw it in the parking lot ( I always admired it), with swirl marks all over the cars finish, spider webbing shining brightly in the sun!!! I was WOW!! What happened to the car! I cringed, because it looked so clean and glossy, no swirl marks before! It literally has them all down the sides of the car, all over. See,lol, I had to just walk away. Dang, that was such a good finish too, and just to think I saw him buy the one right off the show room floor, and the finish is ruined. I wonder what happened, I bet he let is grandson or someone wash it with sandpaper, or buff it the wrong way! I was disappointed that the Honda looked so bad. I no longer admire it. I am not jealous of it anymore...lol With a black car you have to be very careful, The less contact with the actual finish, the better it will look! Oh well, not my car.
    A metallic black will minimize the swirl marks, but any black color is generally a maintenance pain in the a$$.
    I agree-owned a 1998 black eagle talon TSI-AWD-looked sharp when clean. Very hard keeping it that way.
    I know, it was just a bummer to see the car, that was so beautiful all marked up with swirls all over it! Seriously, I almost thought about going up to the guy, and asking what happened to your car? He would probably ask, what are you talking about..lol.

Anyway, not my car, but I think I could manage a black car. Carefully waxing it. You have to on a black car more so. I have seen people that have a new black car, and when they don't wax it, it looks more gray or looks as though there is a film on it. Its not as glossy. Silver or White is probably the best car to not show the swirl marks. I love silver, its everywhere, but I wouldn't be opposed to silver or white, I really like white.
  • Can you tell me if the tsx is ok for a middle aged person? I don't really care for the new accord styling and I can't afford the acura tl. I don't have any young children to drive around and I don't have a big family. My youngest is 13 . The accord seems a little more mature and larger than I like. I have driven the accord and I am not inlove with it. To me if you are going to pay for something, then you should at least be pleased with your purchase. Besides the accord is on every road in my town.
    I think the TSX is perfect for someone in your position. However, a couple of things to be mindful of before you purchase. First, there may be a V6 or a diesel option available in the next couple of years, in case you find those appealing. Secondly, the plastic screen covering the Nav screen gives off horrible reflection, to the point where it renders the nav un-readable. That, to me, is a deal-breaker.
  • Just looking for the base level. I am thinking about a portable GPS. I plan on making a purchase the first part of the year and getting rid of my old accord ex. Thought about a V6 and the added power but I am just not feeling the accord. I think the tsx will be my choice. The tsx will have more pep than I am used to anyway.
  • laptevlaptev Posts: 18
    I have a Garmin 265WT that I absolutely love... but it is a hassle to hook up and disconnect every time I get in and out and out of the car. My wife has a nav built in to her Jeep and it is great to have it available all of the time.

On the other hand $3,100 seems like a big jump for the built in nav... is it worth it? I'm kind of getting tortured by this decision...

Also, I'm not worried about the v6 any time soon as I think gas will be over $4/gal in 1-2 years. Although the diesel would be very compelling... how much more does this usually add to the cost?
    "The tsx will have more pep than I am used to anyway.'

From my brief test drive, the 4 cyl should be adequate power for most folks, unless you climb big hills with a full load on a regular basis, or you're a real speed freak.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 4,444
    "Can you tell me if the tsx is ok for a middle aged person?"

Unlike you, I'm not middle aged -- I seriously doubt that I'll live to see 120.

Either way, I've driven performance-oriented cars all my life & bought an '08 TSX back in March. I didn't want the nav (I'm very happy with my portables that I've used for years) & had to search hard to get one with a manual, but I was successful.

It's been a fine car so far, and I expect it to last a long time. I get ~27 mpg (a big jump up from my previous vehicle), and it has a number of useful features. I would have preferred a RWD car, and can tell the difference when I push it, but overall it's been a car I'm quite happy with.
    The nav system also comes with the backup camera, which, to me, may be more useful/desireable then the nav
  • The nav package (technology package) also includes the upgraded sound system. It seems that Acura is bundling more options with the technology package to entice more customers to upgrade.
  • Has anyone purchased the acura care? Is it worth the extra dollars.
    I am the proud owner of a 06 Milano red/ebony tsx w/nav 6MT tsx, bought new 11/17/06. It now has 67,000+problem free miles. I highly recommend it. My mom owns a 08 Honda accord v-6. I drove my tsx to my mom's house in NJ for Thanksgiving. I drove my mom back to NC in her accord. It is a nice car-see a lot of them on the roads. I prefer my tsx. I am above middle age.
    lol! Ya, it is perfect. I saw an older senior Citizen driving one, they had a Handicap sticker. She apparently thought it looked good.

Good for her, she didn't go and get some Buick, she got something to treat herself nice for the life she has lived. lol

I am 23, and I love the Accord, and I love the TSX. I would drive both. I am leaning towards the TSX because the base model lease is basically the same lease as an Accord these days.

Drive what you want, If you like it, if it works with your situation, then do it. Just because your older does not mean you go and get some car that is the size a street block. lol no offense. :) Treat yourself. I have leased 2 cars now, I don't need to, don't have to, but I do. I really don't treat myself to anything at the mall, or shop alot, mostly I'm busy, but when I get in my car, I then remember I treat myself to this.

We all should consider ourselves lucky.
  • Hello All,

Just got the Acura TSX 09, and now I am regretting that I did not purchase the all weather mats and the mud gaurds. I tried to look for these but found a lot of sites do not have the custom fit for this model yet.

Has anyone found custom accessories that won't be dealer cost?

Thanks
    You might be able to contact someone at Handa.com and see if they have any in stock, even though they are not on their website yet. I called them awhile back, they were quite nice.
  • Ended up ordering from acurapartssuperstore and ordered the all weather mats, trunk tray and the splash gaurds from them. I'll let you know how the order processed when I receive the goods. So far the cheapest and it looks like oem parts.
  • I BOUGHT A 2009 ACURA TSX FROM SPRINGFIELD ACURA I GOT A GREAT DEAL $-600 UNDER INVOICE "IT WAS EASY THE BEST PART IS ABOUT THE LOANER SERVICE THEY HAVE ... :)
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 4,444
    . . .THE BEST PART IS ABOUT THE LOANER SERVICE THEY HAVE. . .

I beg to differ. The best part is that you'll probably never need the loaner service they have.

I bought a TSX back in March, and all it's needed so far (~14,000 miles) is a couple of oil changes, which I did myself.

Enjoy your new car! Oh, and ALL CAPS isn't the best approach on the internet. It's interpreted as shouting, and most of us can hear just fine.
  • ggs2ggs2 Posts: 18
    I am about to purchase a new tsx and would like some ideas regarding the safest cleaning products to use when washing this car.The color of the car is crystal black pearl. Some ideas about leather and wheel cleaners would also be appreciated.
  • bobgwtwbobgwtw Posts: 187
    can't address the wheel & exterior products; but you can;t go wrong with Lexol cleaner & conditioner for the leather. It's been around for years, does a great job & is inexpensive. I buy mine in bulk at a local Tractor Supply Store.
    When washing a car, and especially a black car you will want to use minimal contact with the actual paint, as this increases your chances of swirls marks. I have never washed my cars by hand for that reason. I know some only do it this way. But, it takes time and care to not mark up the finish. Any little debri on the rag and you have a big swirl mark maker. I have always went to a high end touchless car wash, they are known around here for really good washes. They are very good. I get a wash, tire shine all in one run. I don't have any swirls either. The wheels really don't need any harsh chemicals if they are washed often. It also would not be bad to put a good coat of wax on them. It really repels the dirt, and washes off better.

I also use Lexol, it works so good! I can see why others like it. It really makes the leather feel new and plush. Its not all shiny and slick. It dries all soft. Put a couple coats on the seats, and you'll be good to go.
This discussion has been closed.