Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Check out the latest from the Edmunds Editorial Team
Have you recently used your tax refund (or are you planning on using your tax refund) toward the payment of a new or used vehicle? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by Tuesday, March 19 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.

High Mileage Suburbans

13»

Comments

• Also I did a free vin lookup online. I don't know if it was the full report but there were no accidents reported and in the pictures the body and interior appear to be in very nice shape
  • burbproudburbproud Birmingham, ALPosts: 1
    My 2006 Suburban LT 4x4 fully loaded has 156,000 miles and the ONLY thing I have EVER done is some sensor for the 4wd..... cost about $800. I did buy it used with about 80K on it so have no idea what was done before I owned it. I change the oil regularly and that's it. We drive it for family trips and not day-to-day. I adore this car and would own several more for my teens if I could afford the gas! It does use a lot of gas. Perfect car! Way better than my Jeep Rubicon for off-roading.
  • TomtoterrificTomtoterrific New YorkPosts: 2
    Gents. I just bought an 03 suburban with 130K and had the gauge cluster replaced.
    While I now enjoy fully functioning gauges I lost a portion of the menu.
    I only get odometer, trip odometer, and hours.
    I lost all the DIC display options. Trip, fuel, oil life, locking, lighting, seat position memory, curb view etc. I’m a little concerned the low coolant, engine hot, and other warnings may not work either. Any ideas?
    Also I can reset the clock but it switches from PM to AM after the reset.
    Anybody have experience with this? Thanks.
  • Shaw_bradleyShaw_bradley Central OregonPosts: 1
    I see a lot of people saying they got their guage clusters replaced? This summer my speedo was bouncing all over and I couldnt tell how fast I was going, so I called my local shop and they quoted me 200+ dollars, so I instead went to a pickpull and swapped all the stepper motors from the new guage cluster into my gauage cluster which I purchased for 50 bucks, and it worked like new! If you own anything older than 06 I suggest you just pull parts and use them rather than paying for new and labor. Just youtube the issue! 
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 63,844
    edited February 5
    The basic rule of negotiation is that if you cannot get up and walk away from the table, you cannot negotiate. If you walk and they don't contact you in a day or so, then your offer was too low. Walking away is your ace in the hole. Of course, you can't throw a ridiculous low-ball either. If you research a bit on line, looking at comparable cars for sale, averaging those out, and then taking 5-10% off the average asking price, you'll probably have a number you can live with.

The dealer is probably willing to bargain on that car, because of miles. That's a lot of miles.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

Share Your Vehicle Reviews Here

13»