-July 2024 Special Lease Deals-

2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

ignition coil on my 2002 rodeo

ebcrumplerebcrumpler Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Isuzu
I recently changed the spark plugs on my rodeo with very little problems. That is until I attempted to remove the coil around the number 6 spark plug. After removing the two screws I removed the header and the coil stayed lodged in the cylinder. I attempted to remove it with pliers but I was concerned that I would damage the coil.

Has anyone else come across this problem? Any suggestions?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    okmech1okmech1 Member Posts: 19
    If your talking about the one on the drivers side at the firewall, oh yeah, I actually broke that boot because of the same problem. You could try removing the coil pack from the boot (they separate with no problem) and spray some wd-40 down or something. If you twist it a bit, it might break it free. If you damage it, or completely break it like I did, it's a NAPA part # 727-74445
  • Options
    gully707gully707 Member Posts: 1
    2.6 4 cyl rodeo isuzu . changed ignition coil and crank sensor, and still it shuts off while driving. Any suggestions please.
  • Options
    wlbrown9wlbrown9 Member Posts: 867
    I did not see this post earlier, but to remove the stuck boot use a little compressed air down the center hole...it will break the seal and pop it right off.
This discussion has been closed.