Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rendezvous Noises and Sounds

2»

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 56,251
    edited May 6
    So the engine is revving higher than usual, you take your foot off the gas, and the tach needle then drops to a more normal RPM? Is it like a delayed upshift---takes longer to shift than usual?

You can still have codes stored in the TCM, or the TCM portion of the ECM. I'd certainly hook up a professional scan tool and look around.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• tinap78tinap78 Posts: 2
    I have a 03 Redenzvous. I replaced the bearings & brakes and every since it has been squeaking (which is driving me nuts) it was only doing it when I back up now its squeaking as I drive down the road. Does anyone have any idea of what it could be? 
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America I70 & I75 Posts: 20,935
    Did you do the replacement yourself or have it done at a garage?

Does the squeak go away if you press the brake pedal and hold it while slowing down from a higher speed?

It might be the pads themselves squeaking against the rotors, which I assume were machined or new ones put on.

It might be a backing plate that's behind the rotors to protect from splash and dirt somewhat that is rubbing against the wheel because the backing plate is bent or out-of-place.

If you're do it youself..., jack up each wheel and rotate to listen for the sound of something rubbing, whether it's the brake pads or a backing plate. If you can already tell from inside while driving that it's from a specific wheel, start with that one, of course.

If a garage did the work, go back and tell them you're getting a noise that they need to inspect. They should be happy to fix it.

2015 Cruze 2LT, 2014 Malibu 2LT, 2008 Cobalt 2LT

2»