Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the Edmunds forums! We are changing the way you sign into our forums. Click here to learn more.

engine serial numbers

2»

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 60,695
    I think you could buy a bearing insert back then that worked in the babbitt rod, if you modified it somewhat.

So okay, you have a 216 with modified bearing inserts and rods. I still think, if you are going to keep and restore this truck, that putting in a 235 would be a good idea.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

Share Your Vehicle Reviews Here

• dlwinndlwinn Posts: 7
    I would seriously consider a 235, and probably would have gone that route if I'd had know better, but we already invested in a complete rebuild of the 216 head. So for now I'll probably fix up the 216 (have a few other issues to deal with on it) and then look at swapping it out if it ever dies. The truck has been in my wife's family since purchased, so I was trying to keep it stock for senimental reasons. Thanks for all the input.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 60,695
    edited May 2010
    The 216 is fine as long as you don't try to run it on a freeway. It's perfectly suited to putting around town or on the farm.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

Share Your Vehicle Reviews Here

2»
This discussion has been closed.