Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Camry 2006 and earlier

1159160161162163165»

Comments

• ch1133ch1133 Member Posts: 43
    I have 2003 4 cylinder with 110K miles. Because of leaking power steering pump I need to replace p/s pump. At same time I will replace serpentine belt and water pump. By reading forums I determined that water pump used on 4 cyl. fails often.

Would it make sense to replace anything else at same time now that those accessories are off on that side of engine?
  • jackman7jackman7 Member Posts: 2
    You need to replace the timing belt also. $300.00. At the same time they can replace the water pump and add new coolant. All one job. Serpentine is good idea also. p/s pump has nothing to do with above job, but you are due for t belt repl. @ 90,000 on 4 cyl Camrys.
  • typesixtypesix Member Posts: 321
    If your engine is the 2.4L, there is a timing chain, not a timing belt. If you are not a leadfoot driver on acceleration, the chain may last for the car's lifetime.
  • msfishnmagicinmsfishnmagicin Member Posts: 2
    i turn heater on it makes a loud noise. light air blows..i turn it on low and no noise at all..just a little air blows. car was sitting for a while, maybe blocked with leaves? maybe the motor blower shot ? can i check it without taking it to the shop? where is it located at? off of a different car i use to have and it was under the glove box twards the back.might it be in the same place?
  • padgettjoannpadgettjoann Member Posts: 1
    Is there a solution for ignition lock I have a 2006 camry never have had a problem till now.
  • callmemrhobbscallmemrhobbs Member Posts: 1
    I HAVE A 94 CAMRY WITH 2.2 4 CYL MOTOR.AFTER CAR GETS WARM I STOP FOR A TRAFFIC LIGHT IT DIES AND WILL NOT START AGAIN.ALSO WHEN IDLING THE RPMS GO FROM 400 TO 1200 AND BACK.COULD THE PROBLEM BE THE FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR?