Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti I30/I35

Comments

• Options
    scarlett7scarlett7 Member Posts: 9
    I just bought a 2000 I30 and my dealer did me wrong on a tax mistake they made, but I looked through the paperwork and couldn't find any charges like you describe. If you want to hear a real nightmare story read Scarletts Nightmare. I had real jerks.....but I love the car and love the ride. I have taken everything off the car that had the dealers name on it whatso ever. Great car!
  • Options
    plinaplina Member Posts: 61
    Those are bogus fees and never paid for such a thing. Please give us the name of the dealership so we could warn all potential shoppers also call Infiniti but I do not believe that they could do anything. I would have refused to pay for that and if they did not agree I would have refused to buy the car I bet that they would have dropped those fees.
  • Options
    redskin24redskin24 Member Posts: 46
    My dad had no such fees either. If your looking for a good Infiniti dealer in the Buffalo, NY area, then check out Autoplace Infiniti in Clarence.
  • Options
    did taking the names off leave any damage, like holes or adhesive? or were they just license plate frames? If it left holes, and you win your battle, id make the dealer patch up those holes.
  • Options
    eds1300eds1300 Member Posts: 71
    Sorry about the spelling errors..
  • Options
    I truly am sold on the software package - Expert Lease Pro for windows. I think it cost me $80.00 but it allows you to do all your homework if you are trying to make a decision on to lease or buy a vehicle. If you are looking for a car, DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE SIGNING. Get the dealer to quote you a purchase price for the car, tax, title, license fee and if you are leasing get him to tell you the MRSP on what the residual is based on, the money factor they are using, and the residual amount as well as the percent. Plug it in and your numbers should come up exactly like there numbers do. I ended up purchasing the Infiniti because after running the numbers based on his information I was coming up about $20.00 different, and 51% residual versus 54% that he said he was giving me.

For more information regarding this software package see: www.autoleasingsoftware.com

By the way, it runs numbers all ways, lease, lease purchase, loan etc.

Hey, maybe I should do a commercial for them! Good luck.
    Scarlett7
  • Options
    mmcbride1mmcbride1 Member Posts: 861
    If anyone wants to send me $80 (heck, I'll take $40), I'll make you a spreadsheet that will do the same thing. All you'll have to do is drop in the numbers! Line starts at the left!
  • Options
    anonymous5anonymous5 Member Posts: 2
    After reading all your posts, I was confused about what exactly happened. At first your posts made seem that the dealer tried to add a "bogus" charge of extra sales tax. The more I read, the more it seemed that the dealer made a mistake in computing the amount of sales tax (especially your comment about jumping on the price because it was so good). Was the correct amount of sales tax the $749 or 1,749 figure?

If the dealer made a mistake and originally wrote the wrong amount of sales tax their offer to pick up half the mistake was a gesture of good will not an attempt to screw you. Remember you negotiated the price of the *car* and not the amount of sales tax--that amount is prescribed by state law and is non-negotiable.

If it was a bogus charge, I wish you well in putting the screws to them.
  • Options
    krishna__jkrishna__j Member Posts: 24
    I am considering buying a 2001 I30 or an 2001 Acura TL and am leaning toward the I30 as memory seats and interior size are important to me. However, I am a little concerned about the long term reliability of the I30. I intend to keep this car for 7-8 years and put perhaps 150,000 or more miles on it. I know of several people who have had Acuras (especially legends) last that long. I was wondering if anybody has any experiences with long term reliability of the Infiniti cars.

Thanks,

-Krishnaj
  • Options
    ssluderssluder Member Posts: 1
    I'm really curious. We've driven EVERYthing in the entry-level luxury sedan genre and I just cannot get over my feelings that the I30 is just a dressed up Maxima. I'm not slamming the I30...we really enjoyed the ride/drive and the features. But my next door neighbor has a brand new I30 AND a brand new Maxima and when I can see both of them at the same angle and the tail lights/nameplates are not visible, I SWEAR they look like exactly the same car. Can anyone clear this up for me? And if they ARE 2 separate body styles then WHY did Nissan make them look so similar?
  • Options
    they are almost exactly the same, the I30 has a few more options, a little different interior design and the I30 is slightly bigger.
  • Options
    sascuderisascuderi Member Posts: 73
    Basic mechanics are the same for the two cars except the I30 engine is tweaked to give a few more HP, the interior is nicer and more refined in the I30, I30 has a quieter ride, I30 has rear sunshade, and the front are rear of the body are different (I30 has a more upscale look). Of note, overseas the I30 is sold as a Maxima (see few posts back for this link)
  • Options
    mhammy84mhammy84 Member Posts: 167
    The I30 and Maxima have EXACTLY the same engine. In no way is the I30 engine "...tweaked to give a few more HP..." The Maxima engine can breathe 222hp, whilst the I30 engine is able to breathe 227hp ONLY because the I30 has a more "free-flowing" exhaust system, which is very similar to the Skyline's exhaust system. Therefore, Nissan/Infiniti had not done ANYTHING to "tweak" the engine in the I30, just merely added a more free flowing exhaust system (which for the 5 hp benefit really makes no difference at all). I hear that the Maxima and I30 will soon acquire (2002?) a 3.5L 260hp engine anyway, now thats a difference.
  • Options
    I have brought my 1997 Infiniti I30t to my dealer's service center 3 times to fix a rough idle/vibration problem that has been ocurring for a few months now. The dealer has adjusted the "base idle" to the MAXIMUM factory spec. value (of 700RPMs) in an attempt to resolve my issue and have me out of their faces. Since they have already reached MAXIMUM factory specs with respect to base idle, and the problem still exists, that gives logical reason that there is STILL a problem which extends beyond the possibility that the idle is set too low. They never offer me a loaner. Their service SUCKS to tell you the truth. I plan to bring my car in after doing some research on the internet, and collecting 9 pages worth of snippets which deal with other people experiencing similar problems. I also looked on the NHTSA website, and found a Technical Service Bulletine which briefly reports the similar problem I am experiencing. My car is very close to 22K miles (21,800) and is still under warranty, and the dealer refuses to look into the problem further. What actions would you recommend I take when I plan to confront the service department once again (for the 4th time) regarding the problems I need to be fixed? Should I consider involving an attorney, and warn them of that? I plan on printing out my 9 pages worth of snippets, which contain MANY suggestions for the problem, and showing that to them. I seriously need this problem to be fixed since I dont necessarily have all the time in the world to be after their service department's neglectful "service." Thanks in advance...
  • Options
    oren1oren1 Member Posts: 17
    Hello Roy,
    I own 1998 I30 which has 25000 miles on it and I also has been experiencing rough idle/vibration
    problem. When the car comes to the stop my idle drops to about 300 RPM and it feels like the car will stall, than idle jumps up to about 500 RPM. I also took my car back to the dealer three times. Here is the history:
    First time dealer told me the base idle was to low, It was adjusted to the specs and throttle body was cleaned. Car ran fine for about 2 days and problem returned. I took it back second time and dealer adjusted idle ones again. Same result car ran fine for few days. Third time around I took it back and went for the ride with technician, car ran fine so I told hem he needs to drive longer for the problem to occur. It seems to me that the car has to be driven for a while in order for this problem to occur. So I left the car at the dealer for hem to drive. At the end of the day I called to find out what happened, He told me that he drove the car for about 2 hours and did not feel any vibration or rough idle and nothing was done to the car. But when I piked the car up and drove it I told hem that the car feels deferent from what it was, he still insisted that nothing was done. Three days later the car seems to run fine. But I noticed new problem with it that when the transmition shift from 1st to 2nd it jerks. I am taking my car back to the dealer on Monday. See what happens next.
  • Options
    Hello Roy,
    One more thing could you provide the links to the reports of this problem from other sources like NHTSA.
    Thank you
  • Options
    dbrulanddbruland Member Posts: 21
    About 3 or 4 months ago there were several posts on the I30 board about the benefits of installing a K & N air filter to replace original air filter.
    Those benefits were better gas mileage and performance.

I did install the K & N air filter on my 2000 I30 Luxury about 3000 miles (2 months) ago, and have so far seen no change in either gas mileage or performance.

I have used Amoco Ultimate 93 octane fuel exclusively since original purchase. Most recent gas mileage 23.3---mainly city driving.

I am very pleased with the car overall, but am wondering if this K & N thing was just a bunch of hype. I suppose it will pay for itself down the road since it will not require replacement.

Any comments from others who have installed this product?
  • Options
    Got your questions and I can only offer one bit of advice, KEEP EVERYTHING DOCUMENTED. The only reason I called a lawyer was to find out the legality of signing that second purchase order and what would happen if I stopped payment on the check. I would normally try to resolve the issues with the dealer first, but I would also keep everything in one file so that if you aren't satisfied you have your file to go back to.

Honestly in my case I felt like these guys just thought I would zero in on a payment that sounded good and leave the rest to them. I don't make $28K purchases or leases like that. I also have found from my previous car that leases don't work for me. I drive 100+ miles per day and leases cost me to much money in the end.

It sounds like you are getting some advice on how to resolve the problem. Good luck, now I am off to ask the other Infiniti dealer in town to service my car in the future and establish a relationship with them, in the event that I start having trouble like you are having. These are fun cars and I am really glad I bought it. Good luck!
  • Options
    hsuehhwahsuehhwa Member Posts: 14
    Hi, all:

I got an offer from a local dealer
    2100 I30t(29704)+tour pack(887)+cd changer(218).
    I live in south cal. How does this deal look?

I also get a deal for ES300 + value pack. ($)31500.

Thanks for your feedback,
    andy
  • Options
    dont go for the es 300. its an outdated piece of crap that has no rear headroom or even front headroom. The current design of the ES 300 has been around since 1992, and isnt scheduled to change until 2003. the I30 rides and drives great and is a great car, just not as fun as a 4.0 Aurora. check out the auroras or the 3.2 TL too if you want performance for around the same price.
  • Options
    eds1300eds1300 Member Posts: 71
    Scarlett,
    You were taken advantage of.
    First, the sales price of $27,500 for
    new purchase was the advertised price
    that Crest has been running for several
    months with many vehicles to choose from.
    Second, the price of pin stripe and
    window tinting should have been added
    on the sticker window for buyers to view.
    The pin stripes on my 01 QX4 was free.
    Third, $1000 more on state sale taxe should
    never have applied, since you were trading
    in your car.
    Scarlett, were you purchasing or leasing your
    I30? Was Thomas Garlon your sales manager?
    Good luck.
  • Options
    mjvargomjvargo Member Posts: 11
    What happened is quite simple. No Infiniti dealer should be selling an I30 for $27,500 unless it is a no sunroof car. Invoice on the car is $27,763. No dealership will be in buisness long selling cars for $200 below invoice. (Yes I know about holdback, but trust me holdback doesn't cover the actual costs of keeping a dealership running.) The dealership was depending on using the finance reserve to make the deal profitable. Thats why they first tried to pressure you into financing through them rather than your own bank.

Shame on the dealership for resorting to such tactics. Their is no excuse for devalueing your own product to that extent. That sort of behavior is what gives auto dealerships a bad name and is especially inexcusable in an Infiniti dealership.

Also shame on the customer. I understand you got ripped off, but when you see something that is to good to be true, it probably is. Sometimes it is worth it to pay a little more at a dealership that is going to treat you with dignity and respect.
  • Options
    Scarlett: Thank you for the advice...I have visited my dealer and began to document things much more closely than ever now.

Oren: THANK YOU for responding with what you dealer had done to your I30! You said they had cleaned the throttle body, yet the problem returned, and then you took it back during the third time, and thats when they must have done something to fix it. Well, let me discuss my problem in closer detail now, and lets see if our problems are very similar:

With my headlights/foglights on, and the engine temperature at normal (slightly less than halfway between "H" and "C"), if I come to a stop at a stop sign or red light, the car begins to vibrate really badly. I can feel it in the seats and steering wheel. If I sit in my driveway with the headlights/foglights on, and if i move the steering wheel, the load makes the car vibrate A LOT. I think the problem is also much more noticeable when it is more humid outside. Anyhow, it is sometimes so bad that it makes things vibrate in my interior. The Service Manager claims he doesnt perceive a problem with my car. I went to the dealership yesterday, with my 9pages of information, and told him i didnt care about what he perceived, and that what matters is what the CUSTOMER perceives. I also told him that i am ready to involve my attorney, and that i wished to have the general manager's information. Turns out, the GM is the owner also. I showed him some cases from the 9 page packet i brought, and one case was about a person with a 1995 Maxima GXE who had the SAME rough idle problem that Oren and I have. The Service Manager STILL tried to lie, claiming that the 1995 Maxima did NOT have the same engine as my I30. Well, he thinks that I am a young person who does not know cars, but in fact, I LOVE cars and know what size engine and how many horsepower MOST cars have since I have done my homework, and I keep myself up-to-date with the auto industry. I told him I dont wish to argue with him about the 1995 maxima, yet that he will be involving someone who actually KNOWS about cars. I also mentioned that i do not wish to deal with him in the future, since he does not seem to be qualified to hold the position he does. Anyhow, he took my 9 page packet, and said he will relay that information to the service director, or any other higher officials who can solve my problem.

Now, about the NHSTA website...its www.nhtsa.org
    For some reason, I could not find the same Technical Service Bulletin information as the one I had found and printed before, so I will just post that here:
    Bulletin Number: ITB98006B
    VEHICLES MAY EXHIBIT A MIL "ON", A NO START ENGINE, OR A/C INOPERATIVE, A/C IDLE
    UP INOPERATIVE, ROUGHT IDLE, OIL PRESSURE LIGHT INOPERATIVE. *TT

The other ones can be found by clicking on the link below:
    http://www.nhtsa.org/cars/problems/tsb

After clicking on that link, just enter the information for your vehicle, and it should bring up the listing. Oren, if you want, i can forward you that 9 pages of cases and TSB's that I have compiled to your email address. Please keep me posted if you experience the problem again! Your dealer should have told you if they did anything to your car! Keep me updated...
  • Options
    EDS1300 - Maybe the $27500 price was to high, but the two dealerships I checked wouldn't match the price nor did they have the Milleum Jade, and that was the color I wanted. I looked at both options on a lease and purchase, but went with a purchase once I could not get the fleet director to stay on an agreed price. Also, the $1000 tax issue they discovered was because when trading a lease according to them you cannot apply a tax credit on the trade. No, to your last question.

mjvargo - Funny, according to the previous post I paid to much. Anyway, I think I got a fair deal. Yes, shame on me for not taking my business to the other dealership, but they didn't have the milleum jade in the 2000 model. But I have learned a lesson and the other dealership will get all my service business and I will never purchase a product from Crest Auto Group again.
  • Options
    im sure Crest wanted you to go through Infiniti's financing, because then you will have had the Infiniti Total Ownership Experience. with a credit union, its just not the same experience, you dont get the same feeling. Im sure that was their full intention....

....i wouldnt make a good comedian....
  • Options
    guy25guy25 Member Posts: 2
    Redskin24

You posting is the best I've seen yet!!!
    Certainly sums up Infiniti's " Total Ownership Experience".
  • Options
    Hey you know, what the HELL is this "Total Ownership Experience" BS anyway? I dont want to sound harsh, but seriously. Infiniti division plans to make a WHOLE BUCH of money off their "Total Ownership Experience" marketing scheme/package. The "Total Ownership Experience" was suposed to rule the auto industry in service (which is the BULK of the effort of that marketing campaign), boasting the best auto service in the business. All I get at my local Infiniti dealer (and unfortunately, the ONLY one for miles and miles) is horrible service akin to that I would expect to receive at "Jack's Chevy" dealership. As I explained before, nobody offers me a loaner, the service manager lies, and he tries to pull things over on me like the 1995 Maxima having a different engine, or that my car has an Adaptive Automatic Transmission (which I know only certain cars like Diamantes have). He tries to get me out of the dealership, and out of his face...and told me the adaptive transmission lie when I wanted to drive another '97 I30 they had on the lot to see if it had the same vibration problem as my car. As far as the "When you return to your car, you will find it washed and vaccuumed" promise (this is what it says on the corporate website), I find my car having been quickly rinsed with only the top-half wiped with a rag, leaving dirt still on the bottom half of the car. The rag they use also scratches my black paint like crazy, but what do they care. Oh, and I forgot to mention the frequent oil/grease stains they leave in my car, all over the steering wheel and my tan seatbelt now has black stains all over it (like the ones you find in old rental cars). They also left grease on the inside of my window, and since I never saw it BEFORE i opened it, now there is a permanent streak all the way up my window. Sure you may think these are "little" things, but they sure are not little when you have paid for an Infiniti and are still experiencing this (makes you wonder why you didnt just buy a 4 banger Camry saving yourself +$10K, which my local Toyota dealer just built a NEW dealer with a theater for waiting customers, and that 4 cylinder is SO smooth and quiet at idle you cant even tell its on! Actually, I DID end up buying a 2000 Camry, but thats beyond the point here). I am wondering if with all the financial trouble Nissan is in lately, if our "total ownership experience" will be shifting more towards a "totally horrible experience." I hope not! I still want to keep my car for another few years...
  • Options
    forgot to mention that it looks like Scarlett already ran into a "totally horrible experience" situation, and that was just the first day she bought the damn car! better avoid that dealership's service dept. like you planned on doing anyway...I had purchased an Acura this year, and had a BAD relationship with the dealer, and when I took delivery of the black Acura, it was all scratched up (swirly scratches, and deep scratch marks on a NEW car!) if the dealer hates you, the service people automatically do too! Well Scarlett, I am so glad to hear that you are teaching your Infiniti dealership a lesson they wont forget...and I am also glad that you are showing them that customers aren't stupid these days either!
  • Options
    guy25guy25 Member Posts: 2
    I feel your absolutely correct about the treatment dished out by Infiniti service departments. The relationship and total experience is great until there's a problem. They will get away with this as long as idiots like me with 30k allow them
    too. I bought into the TV hype and free radio!! and been paying for it since. Please add to your list, unreturned phone calls by the service department and Infiniti customer service. The bottom line seems to be once they have your money,
    your out of luck. Makes a good cocktail party conversation and hopefully will keep someone else from getting
    screwed!

Guy
  • Options
    boomooboomoo Member Posts: 12
    Hi, Scarlett
    Guess what? When I'm going through another forum, it is said that YOU NEED PAY TAX FOR THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TRADE IN AND PRICE. If so, the total $1000 is an absolute cheating. For more information, go check:
    Edmund/Town Hall/Fiannce Warranty and Insurance/Financing a New Car/post 132 through 136. For your reference, I copy the post 136 at below. Good luck.

Boomoo

Milaird, I am almost positive that in most states
    consumers only have to pay tax on the difference
    between the price of the car that they purchased
    and their trade-in. In order to be absolutely
    positive what the exact law is in your state, you
    may want to consider calling up your local DMV.
    They should know the answer to your question.

Your Host
  • Options
    jkdbombjkdbomb Member Posts: 5
    i am in market for an I30t. I will probably end up buying this thing....likely next weekend.

my question is...
    while negotiating the price, they brought up this charge called MA---"Marketing Assessment fee" in the amount of $300.

I don't know what this is....the dealer says that all the infiniti dealers in CA (i am in California) charges this thing $300.
    Is this true??? is this something that i can't get by?? i would like to have some information on this.

BTW, is the above statement(#88) true in california too?

thank you..all
  • Options
    Boomoo, thanks I will take a look at the post.
  • Options
    what did you trade in that they gave you $15k for? give details too, year, mileage, etc.
  • Options
    you're right about the phone calls situation. They also give me this card with my statement when i go to pick up the car that says that I will be receiving a survey in the mail, and that if for any reason the customer would "fail" them as opposed to "pass" them for ANY aspect of service, that the customers should immediately contact the service director to resolve the problem. However, for the three years my car has been to that service department, NEVER have I received a survey. Now I wish I can receive them, and fill them out with regards to what I think of my dealer's horrible service dept. I envy those of you who post messages that mention your Infiniti dealers treating your like "kings."
  • Options
    I just bought my 2001 I30t Saturday.
    Only a $40 something documentation fee.
    I bought it in tustin, South Cal.

Sometime dealer will also charge you destination fee or ad. fee.
  • Options
    Hello Roy,
    As I mentioned before, after third visit something was done to the car. But my service rep tells me nothing. My last visit was Tuesday. When I came to pickup my car service rep schedule new appointment for today Monday and he was going to take and drive my car home in order to see if he can feel the vibrations during traffic stops. I had to cancel my appointment because the problem went away after my last visit. As far as the service from the dealer I never was rejected a loner car or lift to my office. Keep me posted when your problem gets resolved. I think the reason dealers do not want admit to some problems with the cars because each problem reported and resolved,will be reported for reliability statistics and if there are too many than infiniti car will not be vary attractive when it comes to reliability.
  • Options
    pethelmanpethelman Member Posts: 20
    Roy,

I was very interested to see your post concerning the rough idle vibration. I've recently purchased a 96 5sp i30t. Fantanstic car. Handles great, loads of power, super quiet...just the best of all worlds. However, I have this nagging vibration at idle. The engine appears to be running perfectly, but it feels as if something is not balanced? I've done all the usual: fuel filter, air filter, cleaned the throttle body, new sparks (platinum), PCV valve, cleaned the fuel system-injectors, checked the idle throttle valve.

After this, there was much less visable movement of the engine while idling at 650-700, but still a significant vibration felt in your seat. In every other respect, the engine runs and performs flawlessly. The local dealer is saying that he's had to replace several engine mounts on the i30, while other dealers are saying they've never even sold a mount. Personally I doubt the mounts are the problem, but who knows?

Aside from replacing the fuel injectors (also reportedly a trouble spot) and checking the EGR valve, we're at the end of our troubleshooting rope. I'd be very grateful if you could forward your information and possible fixes to my email if this is similar to your problem.

Thanks!
  • Options
    maneesh1maneesh1 Member Posts: 39
    I want to trade in my 97 I30T for a 2K I30T. I think 28.5k - 16k trade-in + TTL is a good price. The 97 has only 35k miles on it.

I think the I30 is a good value and I hope dealers are discounting the 2Ks to make room for the 2001s.

Thanks
  • Options
    john60john60 Member Posts: 3
    I'm in the process of ordering a 2001 I30 Luxury. The options I want on the car consist of Xenon Headlights, Traction Control, and Mud Guards. Edmunds and Kelly Blue Book list these as options except that a Heated Seats option is required for the Traction Control. I hardly need heated seats in San Diego but had accepted this requirement even though the invoice price is $374. Now, my problem is that when I try to order this package, the dealers in the area that responded said that I cannot get these options together unless I also order the $2,166 (invoice) Navigation Package. This makes no sense to me. Apparently I can get Xenon Lights or Traction Control(with heated seats) alone but not together unless I also get the expensive Nav. Package. Can anyone help me on this?
  • Options
    With regards to the cause of the vibration problem, the general conclusion which I have drawn from my 9 page compilation is that it MUST have something to do with the fuel injectors. As Pethelman states (refer to post #95), he has been able to safely eliminate the other possiblities, since they did not completely alleviate the problem (changing spark plugs, air filter, throttle body, etc.) He says that the only other possibilites which seem likely to alleviate the problem are either the fuel injectors, or the EGR valve. Since many of the posts I have compiled refer to fuel injectors being the culprit, and according to what Pethelman says, it MUST be the fuel injectors! One of the posts I have read refer to a guy who owns a 1995 Maxima (same engine as the I30's) with the vibration problem. I think his post explains why a lot of people are experiencing this problem...here is a portion of his post:

"...I posted my dilemma on this newsgroup [not edmunds] and received comments that this was unusual for a Maxima. I found a shop nearby that specializes in foreign car repairs. Sure enough,
    fuel injector #2 was dead, they replaced it for $185 total. God only knows why the dealer would quote $450 for the same job. I figured, just a fluke thing, shouldn't have any more problems. I drove the car another 3,000 miles and the car started shaking again, engine light flashing. Maybe the new fuel injector was faulty? I took the car in to the same shop, only to find that fuel injector $6 was now dead, another $185 bill. The guy at the shop, who happens to be a Master Certified ASE tech, said Maxima's are notorious for fuel injector problems, so much in fact, they have the fuel injector part number memorized from ordering it so much."

Oren, I am wondering if your dealer had changed fuel injectors?? Could they possibly get away with doing that service, yet not document it? Also, all of you who have 2000 I30s (which I understand has exactly the same engine, yet has been "tweaked" to increase horsepower from the 190 hp version in the late 90's models), the next time you have a chance, allow your I30 to reach normal operating temperature, and then switch on the headlights AND fog lights, and drive to about 40 mph, and then come to a stop. When approaching a full stop, slow down very slowly (between 15mph and 0mph) and see if you notice a lot of vibration. Also, while at a complete stop and headlamps/foglamps ON, and foot on brake, TURN the steering wheel somewhat slowly from left to right to see if the car vibrates a lot (steering wheel mostly, and seats too). Please post what you find!

Oh, and Pethelman, I have read somewhere that somebody had a 99 maxima or something like that, and it was a Manual transmission, and he said that the manual transmissions dont have the automatic motor mounts that the auto's have, yet that person STILL did not experience vibrations. I wonder if that same situation is true with the I30s? Thanks to all...
  • Options
    Roy,
    As I mentioned before, I had appointment to take my car back to the dealer on Monday. I called to cancel and spoke to my adviser. I told hem again that since the last visit my problem with vibration is gone. The only thing is transmission has a jerk when it shifts from first to second. He still insist that nothing was done to the car. He also mentioned that sometimes when technician attaches computer to the car to run diagnostics resets the systems and resolves some of the problem. I think it's BS because during my first and second visit the same was done or not, may be dealer is lying. One more think when I had vibration problem with my car I also notice that if I turn AC on problem goes away.
  • Options
    Oren...thanks for the clarification. You and I had exactly the same problem...the vibration in my car disappears when I turn on the AC, and it drives like an Infiniti should be driving when the AC is on (smooth, VERY minimal vibration, just enough to signify normal operation). My dealer has not yet gotten back to me about what they wish to do to fix my car. They were supposed to call back. Anyhow, Pethelmen told me that in order to change the rear 3 injectors, it requires a lot of time and expense. Oren, how long did you say you left your car there when you returned to find the vibration problem was gone? If your transmission now jerks, could they have resolved the problem instead by tweaking something with the gear ratios? (I know nothing about gear ratios!) Thank you...
  • Options
    Roy,
    My car was at the dealer all day. When I called at about 3:00 PM I was told that my car is still being worked on. I picked it up at about 4:15 PM.
    I hope it helps. Keep me posted on your progress.
  • Options
    I just bought a 2001 I30t (with sports pack. and CD changer) from Tustin Infinity (80 mi from SD).

First I got a quote from their internet fleet manager Al Desko. He emailed me a very good offer (less than any internet dealer you can find). I tried to call 3 other south cal infiniti dealers and it's not even close.

I went in Sat. and met my sales Pat Carter (a very class guy). He took another $300 off the offer and we had a deal in 20 minutes. the best auto shopping experience I have ever had so far.

Hope you have a good one.

Andy Lee
  • Options
    dsheddshed Member Posts: 2
    If you mind I ask, what kind of deal did you get? I'm considering using the net for my purchase of the I30T, but I would like for it to be worth my while.

Thanks...
  • Options
    john60john60 Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone else encountered the problems with getting the options you want without having to get others in addition? Like the Nav. package as a prerequisite for Xenon and Traction Control? The bids I have been getting have been from $600 to $800 above invoice and I was told by one dealer that his bid included a $300 Marketing and Advertising fee. He also said there would be a $45 documentation fee plus tax and license. How do these numbers compare with any of your experiences?
  • Options
    Hello Roy,

I have some news for you. I did try to drive my car with lights on and off. You are right there is substantially more vibration when the car comes to the stop with the lights on. I also notice that idle drops lower which is the cause of the vibration. I also notice when you come to the stop and turn light on idle drops and returns back to normal with lights off. I am no expert but my understanding that idle have to adjust automaticly when the load changes and it does not happen which is the cause for vibration. I do not know which censer or device in the car responsible for idle control. Any ideas????
  • Options
    maneesh1maneesh1 Member Posts: 39
    I was recently quoated a price for an I30T. The salesperson stated that there is a $300 advetising fee. This is news to me. Also, their doc fee is $130.

Has anyone paid an advertising fee?

TIA
  • Options
    marpallmarpall Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone bought window wind deflectors for their 2000 I30? If so, where and what was the cost. I'm having a difficult time locating them. Thanks!
  • Options
    dziatkodziatko Member Posts: 1
    I just ordered a 2001 I30L with traction control,heated seats, and the nav system. I have never sat in a car that looks so good. The clock on the dash is a really nice touch. The nav system pops up from the dash with a touch of a button.(Almost like Star Wars). It has a very smooth but powerful ride. I would recommend this car to anyone. I got a fair deal, about $1,500 under sticker, but had to work for it. It was well worth it though. Can't wait until it comes in, about 4-6 weeks.