Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dbtdbt Member Posts: 298
    The MPG sounds great but other than that I prefer the 2011 Sienna in every way. Let's see what the production Ody ends up looking like.

Juice,
    There's one feature I will bet you will like more on the 2011 Ody than the 2011 Sienna: the 8th seat. According to Honda, the new Ody's second row should accommodate 3 child seats side-by-side-by-side. To me, that means that 8th seat will be a good bit wider on the Ody than it is now on the 2011 Sienna (though not necessarily than the 2007 Sienna). Just my guess.

As for the rest - design, it looks more cohesive to me than the Sienna. But that's just me.
  • ftakftak Member Posts: 3
    Looking at 2010 Sienna LE MSRP of $27,770 in NJ
    I've checked Edmunds invoice TMV , Invoice at $24,900 , people paying $25,543
    When I told him the invoice price that I saw on Edmunds and KBB, he tells me they do not account for their advertising costs, and they are not accurate, is this true?
    He quoted me a price of $25,900, residual of $13,802 Money factor .00152 15K 36mo.

They also have a $1000 off, but he tells me this is only off MSPR. Who's paying MSRP on a 2010 ?

I came up with lease price of $424, including tax. Costs up front are 1 month@ 424, bank fee of $650 and registration of $250.
    Any thoughts on this deal?
  • zoemnzoemn Member Posts: 6
    7 passengers FWD options: FE, AL, TO, RL, CF

OTD $26575, all incentives included. Chicago midwest region

Just picked it up. very excited.
  • husker92husker92 Member Posts: 44
    zoemn - just to be clear, when you say OTD, do you mean with TTL included? If so, what was the price for the vehicle alone? What incentives were included (cash back or APR)? Just trying to compare apples to apples.

Thanks!
    Yes. TTL is included. For the vehicle alone it shoud be 24475 which includes 1000 rebate plus 500 cash bonus.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    No, I'll probably drive the wheels off my 2007.

If it were stolen or totalled, something like that, I'd look at another one, sure.
    edited February 2010
    That 8th seat sounds nice, have there been any interior pics?

It was just a concept. Let's see how close the production model ends up being.

I will give Honda credit for taking risks with the design.
    zoemn - I see the 1000 rebate for the Chicago area, what is the 500 cash bonus? Was that just at your dealership?

We have 0%-60months in my area or 1000 rebate, but that 500 cash bonus would be nice to have as well ;) .

Thanks
    We don't have 0 APR here. the 500 cash bonus is definitely regional bonus from toyota and it is pretty new.
  • jaybhaijaybhai Member Posts: 6
    Good deals were hard to come by in my part of CA, so I worked with a few dealers until I got a consistent offer of about $2K below MSRP. That was the best I could get from anyone around here... and considering that there was only one black 2011 Sienna Limited FWD with just the CX package anywhere in the west coast, my wife and I decided to pull the trigger at Peircey Toyota in Milpitas yesterday.

Invoice+TDA: $37,226
    MSRP: $40,190
    My price: $38,190 + TTL + extras (see below)

We opted for the Toyota Auto Care plan because my wife is bad about taking the car in for service and having it prepaid would make it easier for her. It was $1,450 which seemed reasonable, considering that similar services at my personal mechanic would be about the same... so figured it would be easier to just have my wife go to the dealer for service and parts.

We also got the Xzilon auto protection inside and out for $475. That seemed a bit high, but after 4.5 hours at the dealer, I wasn't going to waste any more time. My wife wanted the piece of mind, so I went with it. I'm hoping it will be worth it, especially since the Sienna is black.

Overall, the internet sales guy at Piercey was very helpful and did all he could to get me the price I was expecting. The finance/sales guy (the closer) was a bit tougher, but we ended up being very happy with our buying experience. And coming in with a lot of knowledge about the 2011 Sienna and others' buying experiences helped me navigate the process with confidence. at also definitely helped to bring my 3 day late pregnant wife with me. :-)

We're still waiting for the baby to arrive, but at least we will be able to bring him or her home in a roomy Sienna rather than the cramped back seat of my VW Eos. :-)

I'm glad I found this forum and thank everyone that contributed to the great discussions here. It definitely made buying my first Toyota a whole lot easier...
  • psp3337psp3337 Member Posts: 2
    Don't know if I got a good deal or not but I am satisified with it. I traded my 07 EXL Odyssey with just over 36K for a 2011 Sienna LE with no extra options . I was tired of leather. Dealer did give a lifetime (not transferable) drive train warranty. My out the door price including tags, taxes, fees, etc was $8600 and my trade MSR on the vehicle was $29695.
  • wargoatwargoat Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2010
    Can you be more specific on the price you paid minus the trade.
    Did you get the car below msrp?
    Thanks
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    Congrats on your new Sienna LE.

Is the lifetime drivetrain warranty thru the dealer only or thru Toyota?
  • kellyb2kellyb2 Member Posts: 7
    We signed on a 2011 black/bisque XLE premium package for $36,500 (+ttl) yesterday. They gave us $1000 over excellent KBB on our trade as well. Our dealer also gave us the lifetime drivetrain warranty, which is good at any licensed repair shop. We are pretty excited about this because we were told at another dealer last week that they wouldn't go below MSRP on the 2011's! The dealer had to trade with another dealer, so we won't actually get it until later this week - I can't wait!
  • caliskywatchercaliskywatcher Member Posts: 5
    I am in San Diego county and have a refundable deposit on an XLE. We went to test drive it today and were quoted the following from our local dealer:

XLE with nav package - dealer states MSRP is $36559

The negotiation started off at $1000 below MSRP but I wasn't going to bite. After sitting in the sales office acting disinterested for a while they came down to what they say is $500 over invoice

I was told their "cost" on the vehicle is $33409 and they were willing to sell it for $500 over that price ($33909) + TTL

Is this a decent deal? How can I find out the true invoice price? I just want to be sure I don't get taken for more $$$ than I have to.

I told the salesperson I would probably be back tomorrow (after getting some help here! :shades: ) Any advice would be much appreciated.
  • psp3337psp3337 Member Posts: 2
    Here is the breakdown of my 2011 LE Purchase:
    MSR: 29693.68
    2007 EXL Odyssey Trade In: 22379.22
    Dealer Services: 599.95
    Florida Law Tire & Battery Waste 6.50
    Electronic Filing 24.00
    Total Taxable Amount 7944.91
    Sales Tax 501.69
    MV Warranty Enforcement Act 2.00
    Tags, Title, Fees 151.40
    Unpaid Balance Due 8600.00

The Lifetime powertrain warranty is thru the Dealer is from Fidelity Warranty Services Inc. They told me that it is good anywhere in the U.S. and especially at any Toyota Dealers. I have had several Odysseys and do like them but just wanted a change. I think the Sienna has a more comfortable and not as noisy ride although the Odyssey was good. I like the shift lever better in the Ody but so far am really satisfied with the Sienna.
    OK, I have been waiting and waiting for "a better deal", but I think it is time for me to buy that new Sienna. The tires on my MPV are bald and this winter keeps coming. Either buy new tires for my 111K Mazda and hope nothing goes out or buy that new Sienna with TC!

Here is my best deal: 2010 LE, EVP2, FE, AL, RL, CF for $25,500 + TTL at 0% for 60 months. I have been waiting and waiting for an "owner loyalty" rebate in my region, but it looks like 0%/60 is as good as it will get.

The best deal I found on 2011 LE V6 with mats was 27,800 + TTL. With interest on the financing figured in, this ends up being out of my price range. I also HATE that the mini-seat bracket does not come out. That is where the dog sits on the floor.

The selection is dwindling, so I think it is time I got off the fence. Wish me luck!
  • mbengembenge Member Posts: 18
    I tell you I think the idea of Toyota giving great deals due to the recalls was short lived at best; at least here in TN. Our dealership in Franklin seems to be selling them as fast as they can get them. We went to test drive an XLE and it had been sold before we got there the same day. Got to see the owners load up and drive away. They had sold at least one more that day. We did drive an LE. Of course this is the wealthiest counties in the state. I don't live there, but it is the dealership/service dept. I use.
    However, the salesman stated that all the new models on the lot that were in the recall were fixed and ready to roll. So them not being able to sell or having to delay delivery of vehicles doesn't seem to be an issue for them.
  • hitchens97hitchens97 Member Posts: 62
    Can anyone who's got one, let me know whether the nav package is worth it. Apparently on previous Toyotas it's been pretty weak in comparison to say a $250 garmin portable.
  • cbuscbus Member Posts: 1
    Getting a 2011 Sienna XLE with Entertainment Package, floor mats, and roof rack cross bars for $33,000 which was about $3000 under sticker. Was going to wait for the new Odyssey but figured Honda wouldn't sell those under sticker for awhile.
  • s2kmr2s2kmr2 Member Posts: 28
    That sounds like a pretty good deal. Which dealership? I am looking for an XLE FWD but without entertainment and without NAV. Based on your price it should be doable under 30,000.
  • stoyotastoyota Member Posts: 28
    If you are in FL, I can suggest a dealer name who can give as close as Invoice price.
  • s2kmr2s2kmr2 Member Posts: 28
    In the northeast. Give me the dealership anyway. Maybe I'll make a vacation out of it. Fly down and drive back.
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    Congrats on the new XLE. You know we are going to want a written review and MPG info asap. :shades:
  • caliskywatchercaliskywatcher Member Posts: 5
    In case anyone was wondering I tried to get the vehicle at invoice but they just wouldn't do it. I pulled the trigger on the deal I posted a couple days agod. The price ended up being $2650 below MSRP. I got financing from Toyota at 3.99% which matched the local credit union rates.

New car smell is pretty strong. Can't wait to fill it with my oderiferous children! I've got twins on the way.

The only thing that bothers me so far is the headrests seem to push my head too far forward and I can't seem to get them back. On my other Toyotas they were always adjustable. WTF? Hopefully this will be resolved with the new DVD headrests I have on order.

Good luck negotiating everyone!
    I'm sure they moved the headrests forward to improve the IIHS safety scores for rear-end crashes.
  • peter9999peter9999 Member Posts: 5
    hello all
    i would like to buy a 2011 XLE with the navigation package. I live in SF bay Area. Anyone has bought the same car? What would be a good deal? About $3300 below MSRP would be a good deal?

also, does anyone know if the GPS would work in Canada? How do you update this in the future? how much do you have to pay for potential upgrades? Is the nav pack worth the $2000 or so they ask for?

Thanks so much for your help.
    peter
    Interestingly enough if you do build your sienna on the toyota website it doesn't give that option for me - only the Ent package or the Premium package. Perhaps it's a regional thing - I live in the SF bay area too - let me know what prices you get.
    strange! you are right, last weekend i could add the nav pack option on-line, yesterday, it dod not offer it! not sure what is going on....
    Got this response from Toyota which doesn't really help much:>

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.,

We appreciate your interest in the Toyota Sienna.

The “Build Your Toyota” feature on our website, www.toyota.com, is designed to identify vehicles commonly available in your area. The information is not necessarily indicative of all the options or packages that are available. Additionally, not all options/packages are available in all regions of the country.

We recommend you speak directly with your local Toyota dealer in order to discuss the availability of the Sienna XLE with the XLE Navigation Package. To locate your nearest dealer, please click the following link www.toyota.com/dealers.

If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us www.toyota.com/help/contactus.html.

Sincerely,

Gilbert Dyer
    Toyota Customer Experience
    We are picking up out Sienna tomorrow morning (had to get the color I wanted from a different dealer). Here are the details:

2010 Sienna LE - Silver Shadow Pearl
    QF - dual power sliding doors, homelink, overhead display, power front seat
    CF - floor mats
    RL - daytime lights/wiper de-icer
    AL - 16" allows
    FE - emissions
    Had the dealer add a spoiler.

We paid $25,847 + TTL. We financed the whole amount at 0% for 60 months. No owner loyalty in our region :( .

We are very excited. Sad to get rid of the 2002 MPV, but it was time (can't wait for the power sliding doors)! :)
  • adiehl13adiehl13 Member Posts: 28
    Does anyone know if the same issues are present in the 2011 in regards to not being able to use the Navigation system or DVD while driving? This is a CONSTANT source of frustration to me and my husband. One of us has to lean back and manually work the DVD player; and what good is a Navigation system if you can't use it while driving?!

What other improvements do you see with the 2011? Not immediately apparent to me. Accept, it did look like the seats have a footresst now? Also, what is the "8th seat" option" is that a fold-down seat for the second row like the Honda Odyssey? Wonder what the 2011 Odessey will have.....
    Does that include the small backup cam? What about a power tailgate?

Price looks good, I'd have expected $27k.
    I think there is a way to hack it if you search around enough.

The 2011 has a 6 speed trans, backup cams on more models (even without Navi), available 16" entertainment screen, 2nd row foot rests available, etc.
  • momof5girlsmomof5girls Member Posts: 19
    Said Toyota would probably be coming out with some fairly large customer loyalty rebates.
  • thethingxthethingx Member Posts: 7
    the nav can't be used while moving, didn't test out the dvd but probably same thing
    Tough call - it may not apply to the brand new Sienna models. We'll see.
  • b747b747 Member Posts: 10
    I hope Toyota has some incentive for 2011 model. I just looked at the Ody 2010 EX and Sienna 11 LE. I have to tell you I like the Sienna 11 very much.
  • satishmsatishm Member Posts: 23
    stoyota, can you please let me know the dealer in FL where you got close to invoice price? I am in FL and looking for a Sienna XLE or LTD. Thank you
  • npk007npk007 Member Posts: 2
    This is what a dealer in Northern CA gave me.
    XLE FWD 7 PASS
    Year ............: 2010
    Interior Color ..: FD12 FD12
    Exterior Color ..: 01F9 SLATE Metallic
    Body ............: XLE FWD 7 PASSENGER
    Price: Vehicle Base Model ..........................:$ 29725.00 $ 29725.00
    17-In 7-Spoke Aluminum Alloy Wheels ........ 130.00
    Fog Lamp Package: .......................... 180.00
    Carpet Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector ...... 270.00
    Total Accessories ...........................: $ 580.00 $ 580.00
    Destination Charge ..........................: $ 800.00
    ---------
    Total .......................................: $ 31105.00

Dealer offered price: 27500 after rebate plus fees. I was going to ask 27500 + rebate

2011 LE:
    Total .......................................: $ 30209.00

Dealer price will be 28650 plus fees.

Please let me know if any of these are good prices or shoudl i bargain further.
    Anyone else been shopping in the SF Bay Area, and could let me know which dealers seem to be cheap and which won't deal.

npk007 - check out one toyota of oakland - they have fixed prices - the XLEs are about 2k off.
  • dbrandusadbrandusa Member Posts: 1
    I got a 2011 Sienna XLE for 31,900, I put 11k down and financed 24500 after tax, license and fees.

They took about 2k off the MSRP.
  • jaybhaijaybhai Member Posts: 6
    I bought a black with bisque leather 2011 Sienna Limited FWD with just the CX (Convenience) package for $38,200 + TTL (which was $2000 below MSRP) from Piercey Toyota in Milpitas. That was the best deal I could get after contacting about 15 dealers in the SF Bay Area. A few other dealers (Sunnyvale, Novato and Oakland) were willing to match the $2K below MSRP price, but didn't have the combination I wanted in terms of colors and options.

Good luck to those shopping for one. It's an awesome minivan. I never thought I would say that about a minivan, but it's true. :-)
  • shaloo99shaloo99 Member Posts: 6
    Hi

I got a quote for 2011 Sienna XLE with premium package for a base price of 36300+TTL. XLE The total will come to 40K.

Now I am in dilemma as 2010 XLE with premium package is coming for 33500OTD.

Which one is best deal.
  • dwong408dwong408 Member Posts: 7
    would you share which dealership the quote is from for the 2011 Sienna XLE with premium package for a base price of 36300+TTL ?

thanks
    bayarea
    Which do you like better?

$3000 is a lot, but you'll get some of it back in resale (a year newer, but also the newer model).

If you like the '11 better, get that.
    There is a difference of 6000 and 2010 is coming with 1.9%. Looks like 2010 XLEwas already depreciated alot.
    i got a 2011 XLE 8-pass (no options) for $31,600
    try getting lower, but do not pay more than this
  • teamvwteamvw Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2010
    Deal offered in Northern CA. We were in the market for a deal on a 2010 LE.

LE FWD 7 PASS
    SLATE
    MSRP: $27,630

Got it down to $24,688 (after $1000 rebate) + TTL at 3.9% financing. It was everything we wanted but couldn't pull the trigger. After doing research, a big difference between the 2010's and 2011's is a new brake override system on all 2011 models. The brake override system cuts engine power and allows braking even if the accelerator pedal is depressed. We're debating waiting til more 2011's come in and we liked the AWD feature on the 2011 LE (previously you had to get the XLE).

We were offered 2011 Sienna LE AWD for $32,500 OTD at 4.39% financing? There haven't been many purchases of the 2011s yet so we're not sure what's a good deal. I think we're going to hold out for the break override system though....for those of you debating a 2010 or 2011.