Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mfletou1mfletou1 Member Posts: 508
    as long as Toyota insists on including a rear entertainment option ONLY with the premium package--a lot of people are going to walk away. Nobody else does that. I think the climate may have changed enough where Toyota isn't about to get away with doing whatever it wants in terms of packaging. This is a deal breaker for me.
  • stoyotastoyota Member Posts: 28
    toyota of tampabay internet dept.

Good Luck and share your exp.
  • satishmsatishm Member Posts: 23
    Thank you stoyota, I certainly will share my experiences!
  • thethingxthethingx Member Posts: 7
    I'm in SoCal getting 2011 Sienna for invoice + 555
  • shaloo99shaloo99 Member Posts: 6
    Finally we got our 2011 Sienna (Black color) XLE w Premium Package for base 38500+55 (license)+540 (DMV)+3368(Tax)

Thanks
    Shaloo99
    Finally we got our 2011 Sienna (Black color) XLE w Premium Package for base 35800+55 (license)+540 (DMV)+3368(Tax)
  • momof5girlsmomof5girls Member Posts: 19
    That seems really high for the 2011 AWD..I just went to test drive the 2011 and was interested in the 2011 AWD LE and they said the Sticker was 30900...do you have that high of taxes?
    Our sales rep suggested just having one installed. Now I'm thinking about just getting the kids IPODs and skipping the DVD player...just can't decide.
  • dwong408dwong408 Member Posts: 7
    Can you share which dealership in the bayarea please?

I am thinking to getting an xle with prem pkg.

thanks
  • mfletou1mfletou1 Member Posts: 508
    Well, I've got just the portable ones in my Odyssey--honestly its a massive pain in the a**. They don't work very well, hard to use, hard to do anything with it while the van is moving, etc.

My parents have an 09 Chrysler Town and Country with integrated twin DVD systems. (In fact, their van has almost everything under the sun on it, and they paid $24k...NEW). The dual DVD system there is better than the Sienna because it provides one DVD for each row--like an airplane. After seeing how well the integrated system works, I'm kind of sold on it--aftermarket just can't match it, and when you have it installed you get into voiding warranties and all of that because you are messing with the electronics.

(BTW--for the record--we all agree, my dad included, that my Honda is a much better van than the Chrysler--its not even in the same ballpark--just that particular feature is nice).

Anyway, I'm not really in the market right now--but if I was, the way the Sienna is configured would be a dealbreaker. Before we did anything, i'd want to see the new Honda anyway.
  • pvk1pvk1 Member Posts: 1
    Its FairField toyota. 35800 base and 8.75 tax + DMV fee + Doc Fee. 0 Down + 3.64 for 5 years APR.

I took a 4 year maintenance for 1450 (very optional.. need not have to take it but I took. Should not influence the above price) which goes with the loan.

Will review the forums and will decide to keep the maintenance or cancel.

Hope this helps.
    Yes the dealer is Fairfield toyota. I have posted details with my husband's id. Hope this helps.

I appreciate everyone who provided inputs on this forum which helped me in the negotiation process.

Thank you all
  • teamvwteamvw Member Posts: 2
    Yeah, we thought it was high too. Our sticker MSRP was $32200 though. I'm not sure what it included though. At the time, we were more in the market for the 2010. My husband really wants the AWD though. It was actually the only 2011 LE AWD in the immediate area for us though so I'm sure when more come out, they're going to deal more.
  • 6sam66sam6 Member Posts: 8
    Hi,

I joined this forum today. This seems to be a great place with awesome information. I am looking to buy my first new vehicle (have a 99 camry). Looking for XLE 8 Passenger base model. Did not like the dual screen system, based on my test drive.
    In Missouri, I received a quote of 30429 (possibility of additional $500 discount). Excludes tax, ttl, doc etc. Includes vehicle+destination.
    Please comment on this price. What would be a best achievable price based on this quote.

Sam.
  • ncflyerncflyer Member Posts: 28
    OK explain this. The premium package is basically the same thing as buying DVD package and nav package separately, only difference is the Toyota connect or whatever they call the OnStar knockoff. Yet buying the premium, by hundreds of dollars, than buying the two a la carte. So much for volume discounting. . . . It wreaks of taking advantage of people because surely Toyota won't let you order each separately.

They are going to have to be a lot hungrier for business given what's been going on at Toyota. The Sienna '11 is nice, but it's not THAT nice.
    I was checking Toyota inventory in the S. Florida region and they do have quite a few of the LTD edition enroute to dealers with only the NAV package (ND) and without the Rear entertainment package. So at least in the LTD edition we can opt out of the pricey dvd package and still get the best of the "premium" package. What I don't get is their CX package (Xenon lights and rain sensing wipers) is not included in the base LTD edition but is an option. If you pay $40K for a car these days, you expect to get Xenon's thrown in...

Limited Edition Options
  • majapomajapo Member Posts: 6
    Guys, do not buy yet. As of March 2nd, Toyota will rollout 0% financing for '11 Sienna.
    edited February 2010
    That's great news! Any idea of if they will have a lease support program as well? I am thinking with all the bad news about toyota residuals are falling and the lease costs will be high unless the Mfr steps in to artificially support residuals or make the Money factors attractive...
    I was looking for the same thing and there were around 10 in the area. After talking with other's they said that the AWD didn't really do much better in the snow than the FWD. Our sales rep said that there aren't that many people because they really aren't that popular. I've read a couple posts on the internet with people aggreeing that they are not much better in the snow and just more to go wrong.
    Counting down the days till March and my new sienna!
  • hitchens97hitchens97 Member Posts: 62
    What's the source on the 0% on March 2nd? I can't even find rumors on the web
  • hitchens97hitchens97 Member Posts: 62
    I think that's pretty competitive. $2K off an XLE, and $3-4K off a Limited seem to be par. I'm sure you might be able to squeeze a few hundred more, but it certainly seems reasonable to me.
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    I'd much rather have a 100,000 mile warranty vs. the 0% financing. I'm not as confident of Toyota quality as I was a year or so ago.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    The built-in stuff is expensive.

You could get them both iTouches for less.

Or a couple of Nintentdo DS portable gaming systems, plus games.

Actually you could buy 2 of each and still come out ahead.

Or go aftermarket with the DVD player like I did.

The massive widescreen is sorta nice, though.
  • ohwhatafeelingohwhatafeeling Member Posts: 15
    Had a GREAT experience at Ardmore Toyota in PA. It's the third car we've gotten from them, and they've definitely earned our loyalty. Each time I've shopped around at other dealerships but find myself actually making the purchase at Ardmore. Just good people.

I liked the DVD system, but couldn't pull the trigger for $2400. For that money I can get the kids 10 iPods and they can just toss them over their shoulder when they're done.

Seriously, if I need an entertainment package, I'll just go aftermarket DVD, but I really don't think I need it since the kids have iPhones, and we can always bring a portable DVD player in the car for long trips.

What I really wanted was the Limited, but without the entertainment. But I didn't seem to be able to get that. In this area, all the Limiteds are with the Premium package, not just nav. You can't even select the non-entertainment nav package on the website. So I guess I could have ordered it and waited (and hoped that the order would actually go through), but I didn't want dual moonroofs THAT badly. Besides, now that the XLE AWD has the lounge seating and the Limited DOESN'T seem to have the power stow 3rd row, it came down to only a few features between the XLE AWD and the Limited, and that wasn't worth the $3100 extra.

I haven't picked up the car yet (it's due for a 2/28 delivery) but if this 0% is true, I hope I can take advantage of it. I have the cash, but hey, I'll just put the cash in something mildly interest bearing and make a few bucks. Why not?
  • linhtwulinhtwu Member Posts: 15
    I hear sales in general have plummeted for Toyota due to issues. They have to put out attractive incentives/lease programs to get sales back in line. Depending on Sienna sales this may or may not be included. You have to remember that this is an 2011 model release early to get a jump start on Honda. Sales expectations for Sienna will be very aggressive. If thee targets are not met, the incentives will be coming. Timing was not good for a new model release that's for sure.
  • dev_pdev_p Member Posts: 22
    Toyota came out with Sienna earlier as Honda Odyssey new model is slated to arrive this summer ( from other posts). With ongoing acceleration problem with Toyota Cars in general , a convincing assurance & I guess heavy discount must be given to attract buyers like me.

Although after seeing todays testimony doesnot convince me that Toyota knows where the issue really is. From what I understand Break override doesnot solve acceleration problem.
    Can you explain more about that "brake overide" does not correct the problem. After the hearings I am really having second thoughts, but the brake overide was more assuring. If it doesn't work though, I'm back where I started.

The Sienna's sure aren't flying out of the dealer showrooms here in Illinois. Our dealership received three about 3 weeks ago and they still have the same three sitting there. When I went to testdrive it a couple days ago - it only had 12 miles on it...and one of them is in the showroom so I know that is not getting testdrove. So maybe I was the 1st or second to even test drive it.

One minute I am so sure, because I did really like the car and my current sienna has 300k miles on it and is still going strong, and then I hear more from these hearings and I'm back to square one!
  • shieattshieatt Member Posts: 75
    The thing that really surprised me was finding a 2010 Limited AWD that I was interested in... I contacted the dealer to get "the internet price", and all they did was knock it down from $41K to $40K!! The guy called me to let me know that I could get 0% financing for 36 months in lieu of the $1000 rebate. Given the fact that the 2010 MY is already dated, you can deal on the 2011s, and that Toyota's reputation is taking a major hit right now, I was shocked that they were not bending over backwards to get rid of any remaining 2010 Siennas... but alas, neither Toyota (in the way of any meaningful incentives) or the dealer (in the way of substantial discounts) seems to be very interested in making the sale.

The only way I would buy a 2010 right now is to get a massive discount/rebate and 0% for 60 months. Otherwise, I will buy a 2011 later this year.
  • linhtwulinhtwu Member Posts: 15
    I would not be worried about the short term problems with Toyota turning into longer term problem. I think the new Sienna will be just as reliable (with exception of normal 1st year model issues) as your old one.

I think purchasing one at right time is main issue. IMO Toyota and its dealer network get so arrogant that it may take some time for them to realize that Sienna is not going to sell without incentives right now and in near future. So the question is when and how long can you wait?
    Try other dealers. That wasn't a good quote at all. You'll find much better.
    300k miles? Wow, we should all be so lucky! :shades:
    Yeah, the sales person asked me if I was going to trade it in...we said No Way! My husband is looking forward to driving it. We call it Travie and it's part of the family.
    edited February 2010
    At times I regret selling my 98 Forester ("Sandy"). The new owner has neglected it - I've seen it on the streets of DC, filthy. I wonder if it's been washed even once since I sold it. :cry:
  • sri1sri1 Member Posts: 23
    I am also in PA area some what 20 miles away from the dealership you have mentioned. Would you mind how much you paid for XLE7 pass AWD. I am also looking for exactly the same car.

Thanks.
  • ericd12ericd12 Member Posts: 7
    I would love to hear how aggressive other dealers have been on their lease deals - the showroom of dealer we went to in Bergen County NJ was very busy but I dont know how many people were buying or just kicking tires.
    After several iterations this is the lease deal we agreed to - can anyone comment on it?
    2011 XLE AWD w/DVD. 12k/yr, 36 mos. Taxes and fees paid up front, ~$3,600.00 out of pocket. Monthly payment 550.00. I know this to be 36,200 for the sales price, 21,000 residual, leased with TFS.
    Thank you.
  • critical1critical1 Member Posts: 4
    Here is what I got from a dealer close to my house. The sales person was firm on these prices. What do you think?

XLE, AWD : $34100
    XLE, AWD + Nav : $36600
    XLE, FWD: $31900
    XLE, FWD + NAV: $34600
  • 2011sienaguy2011sienaguy Member Posts: 6
    Year-2011Sienna
    Color- Pre Dawn Grey Mica
    Model- XLE 8 passenger FWD
    Option- Premium Pkg
    Price Paid - $35300.00
    Dealer Fee $ 599.00
    Tax 7% $2512.93
    Tag & Lemon Law $ 21.00
    Toyota Platinum $940.00 (7 Years or 100000.00 Miles)

Drive Out Price $40410.93
  • grippogrippo Member Posts: 4
    Just got back from the dealer. After dancing around for a while, the "final" offer we got on a 2011 XLE with DVD (but not Nav) was $33,770 and 3.39% financing for 60 mo. Figured we'd shop this deal around to a couple other locations and see what they can do, but also wanted to see if this is in the ballpark of what others here are seeing. We're in the Philly burbs, fyi.

Thanks!
  • suppandysuppandy Member Posts: 5
    I disagree with that statement. The staff is arrogant and pretend as if they sell 100 cars a day and also pretend as if they are busy. ARDMORE toyota is the most disguisting dealer I have ever seen in my life firstly the staff is very rude and they don't realize they need to sell vehicle and not interview people like the way do it for job. On an average their pricing is $1500 off competitors price.

My experience with them is very bad and I would never recommend them to anyone.
    Their prices are way high and therefore they don't discuss any pricing over internet or phone they just call you at their dealership and try to rip you off with high price quote.
    If you ever visit them know what the competitors pricing otherwise you will feel cheated later that is my frank opinion
  • suppandysuppandy Member Posts: 5
    Forget Ardmore Toyota you will get a better deal at Conicelli Toyota in Conshohocken,PA. Ardmore Toyota cannot sell vehicles their dealership prices are too high remember they have two floors to maintain too much of bills to pay and it takes forever to reach to their dealership with too many signals on the road its just waste of time and energy for you and waste of gas visiting Ardmore Toyota.
  • catmousecatmouse Member Posts: 3
    Anyone interested in a group buy in the SF bay area? I was thinking we get a better deal if we negotiate for 2 or more Sienna's with one dealer.

Found out TDA was $510 for the 2011 Sienna LE 8 passenger in the SF Bay.
    MSRP was $30,209 and invoice was $28,140 which the price includes TDA of $510(advertising), holdback of $578, Whsl financial Reserve of $289 and delivery of $800.
  • ohwhatafeelingohwhatafeeling Member Posts: 15
    I paid 37,000.

I honestly have no idea what the other posters are talking about. The dealership has been great, and I've never had a rude experience with any of them. Even the receptionist recognized me and even after a year of not having seen me, remembered me and asked about my kids. Calls are always returned promptly, and you can talk to the owner at any time. And during this whole recall, he emailed out his personal cell number to all the customers in case anybody had questions. I really can't point to any negative experiences. Oh wait....once I waited an extra 45 minutes for my car from service and was late picking up my daughter at school. That's the worst I can remember.

I've shopped the prices around, both at Conicelli and at Sloane, for all three purchases, and Ardmore was always lowest. In fact, Sloane wouldn't budge off MSRP despite indicating that MSRP wasn't the last word. But rather than commit to a number, they instead wanted ME to come back to them with a price to beat. Uh, I don't think so. It's not my job to make your sale. I don't think they owe me a good price, but I do think it's a little presumptuous to make me do legwork before they'll even tell me what they'll sell me the car for. They were perfectly nice, I hasten to add, but.....Ardmore got the sale.

I pick the car up hopefully Monday! Very excited. First minivan, but third kid. I think we'll all be very happy.
  • tscofieldtscofield Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2010
    2011Sienaguy, what state are you in? I cannot find a single XLE in texas with the XLE Premium package (nav and dvd). :( In fact, I cannot find any XLE's in texas with the factory dvd - only nav. :confuse: Please advise state you purchased in if you would sir - or the name of your dealer would be great! :)

Thanks,
    Treytexat
  • tyger87tyger87 Member Posts: 1
    Not sure about the AWD or the NAV because I was not shopping those models. The best price I got for the XLE FWD (with mats) was 30000 not including tax and title. Columbus OH
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    Could you share the dealer name in Columbus OH that has XLE for 30K? Thanks.
  • ebutashebutash Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2010
    Under the current incentives I able to get this vehicle for $27,200 which the dealer says they'll give me $500 below their costs ($27,700). After seeing 0% financing on this forum and getting an email from the dealer (by accident) stating 0% for 60 months...I may wait till 3/2 to purchase. (BOCH TOYOTA - MA/RI)

BTW - When I called the dealer about the 0% they said the emails went out in error...but what I found funny is the end date said April 1, 2010! April Fools joke or a DRAFT email that was sent out by accident?
  • grippogrippo Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2010
    I find the Ardmore bashing suspicious. The first time we stepped out of the house to look at Siennas was to Ardmore, and the salesman was gracious, helpful, and didn't push a single bit during the hour we spent with him. The subject of price didn't even come up--all we wanted to do was test drive, talk about models, get some information, etc. We then went to Carousel yesterday, negotiated price (after an hour got to $31,770 for XLE), then for the hell of it, requested an online price for the same car at Ardmore last night, which came in at $500 less without even having to haggle. Unless they try to tack on other stuff when we actually get on site, this is pretty good. We'll probably go in this week and make our purchase.

Wonder if the Ardmore bashers are shills from other area dealers...
  • catmousecatmouse Member Posts: 3
    ebutash,

Is that for the 2011 LE at 30,209 MSRP? What incentive are you seeing because I don't see any?
  • 2011sienaguy2011sienaguy Member Posts: 6
    tccofield: I am in Georgia and I purchased it from Nalley Toyota.