Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Bonneville

Comments

• mlm4mlm4 Member Posts: 401
    Usually I fly to New England or New York in October to get my annual foliage fix, but this year my girlfriend suggested the Smokies, which I've never visited. I think Asheville or Gatlinburg might make good meeting places. Maybe by then I'll have my new GXP! (Keep dreaming... :)

I'd even volunteer my insignificant web site for posting meeting information and photos.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    The Town Hall is always interested in hearing about meets that grow out of relationships here. When possible, we are very pleased to contribute gifts (such as tee shirts). If you are interested, keep me posted and I'll see what I can arrange.

Feel free to use this discussion to work out the details.

:-)
    When I first started reading your post I thought, "oh no, another Town Hall taboo has been committed." In a world of ever-increasing rules, I was pleasantly surprised to see that this sort of thing is actually encouraged. It can only be a good thing!
    Earlier today I was driving a GMC Jimmy (from the company fleet) that's probably about 9 or 10 years old (it's two generations old, pre-1995, that much I know). It's seen better days, but what got me chuckling to myself was the vacuum-florescent digital instrument panel. Remember those? In the late '80s and early '90s GM went a little nuts with the all digital dashes. Now here we are back with the analog gauges again (thank goodness). It makes me appreciate the HUD on my SSEi even more, since I get the best of both the analog and digital instruments. I still am surprised that more manufacturers have not offered HUDs on their vehicles, although I think I read Mercedes-Benz is finally coming out with one on their S-class sedans. The HUD is one of my favorite features on the Bonnie, and I think the "stealth mode" on the '04 Grand Prix with HUD is too cool. (It's what's left of the adolescent kid/gadget geek in me!)
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    You might consider Pigeon Forge or Sevierville for a meet rather than in Gatlinburg itself. There are a lot more activities on the strip just outside the Smokey Park than in Gatlinburg. When my lovely spouse and I were first married we visited Gatlinburg often; now we visit Pigeon Forge/Sevierville 3 times a year or so and drive through Gatlinburg.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have not been to Pigeon Forge, but my girlfriend was there just a couple of weeks ago. From her description, it sounds a lot like Myrtle Beach, without the beach. A heavily commercial strip of dinner theatres, souvenier shops and fast-food joints. My preference was more along the lines of meeting in a nice park or other place of natural interest, especially because there is so much of that around that area. I'd be interested in hearing what others think.

I work with a gentleman who helped arrange a meet last year for his fellow Florida Pantera owners in a nice park just north of Atlanta. Although the Pantera following is much larger (and I would venture to say "different") than the Bonneville crowd, this is the type of meet I think would be a good model to follow. Of course, I doubt we could get nearly the level of participation or interest, but who knows what it could become. Take a look at what they did, and see what you think:
    http://www.panteraplace.com/page150.htm
  • xavier64xavier64 Member Posts: 76
    Pat,
    Thank you for your input and interest in this.

Keith and Mike, Pigeon Forge sounds like a nice place. The area looked like a local park where the Pantera club got together. I have vacation to use and I would be interested in going. Would you know how long it would take to drive from Philadelphia, PA to Pigeon Forge? Also, is there any type of permit needed?

Perhaps different locations could be talked for future meets so that members in other locations would be able to attend.

Would an October date sound possible?

Steve
    Why not check with local chambers of commerce about Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg about park areas. Pigeon Forge has lots of shopping outlet malls, which the ladies should enjoy. Chain restaurants liek O'Charley's, Chophouse, Damons, and others are there along with DollyWood (Dolly partons amusement park). Most important it has camping as well a lots of major motel chains, and is still close to the Smokey National Park areas to easily visit them. The City of PF has a park near middle.

Perhaps the Smokey Mountain National Park office would be able to help you locate a meeting site in the park itself... Check their website for numbers to call.

I don't recall seeing much public park area in
    Gatlinburg, since it's nestled into a valley. WE visit the area often, so I'd offer my two-cents worth.

I'll look into Pigeon Forge. Another suggestion is Asheville. Anyone have any comments about meeting in Asheville?
  • ezraponezrapon Member Posts: 348
    Well, I decided to go without a warranty until the gxp issue is resolved, however, 6 weeks out of warranty that nasty clunk in my steering has resurfaced. While under warranty the dealer performed some kind of lubrication to the shaft and corrected the problem.Evidently it was a temporary fix. I wonder if they will stand behind their repair? I believe there are issues with the steering racks on the 2000 bonevilles. Any thoughts or similar situations.
  • theicemantheiceman Member Posts: 736
    No probs here. No vibration problems either - except for the first couple of miles when the tires are stone cold (esp. winter mornings). I attribute that to the low(ish) profile tires. Who knows?

2 1/2 and 40k miles years with my '00 SLE and I'm still a fan. No rattles, the car still looks new inside and out and the balance of utility (i.e. size) and performance (speed & agility) still fits my needs rather nicely.

I recently performed a test that I've done with a number of my cars over the years: accelerating flat-out from a stop at my corner to determine the speed when I pass the next intersection. On my old '92 Mazda 929, that speed was 105 kph. On my wife's '92 Camry, it was 95 (it was a 4 banger w/auto). The other day, I hit 125 kph on the Bonnie. The speed limit on that road is somewhat less...

Not scientific but an indicator of my happiness with the Bonnie's performance - perhaps my standards were low.
  • montanafanmontanafan Member Posts: 945
    If the clunk is the same as the one they previously fixed by lubing, it takes a little more then an hour and the lube kit is only around $12. Many extended warranties wouldn't cover lube or adjustment issues, so the fact you don't have one probably doesn't matter. Ask a sales person about the GXP and have him/her walk you out to service while you talk and then bring up the fact that the clunk has returned.
  • mfahey1mfahey1 Member Posts: 419
    For those with SSEis, there was a fascinating discussion on ClubGP about knock retard and when it really shows up.
    I have noticed that if I'm going anywhere from say 20-40mph and I floor it, the car simply doesn't perform the same in that speed range as when I go WOT from a start. Turns out that when you floor it at speed, the increased fuel delivery requirements can't match the increased air delivery and therefore the A/F ratio starts to go lean, causing the potential for knocking. The computer and the knock sensors see this and substantially retard the timing to protect the engine, causing loss of power.
    I've had my car a little over 3 years and could never understand this difference in performance.
  • evandroevandro Member Posts: 1,108
    And what would be the remedy, a higher pressure fuel pump?
  • bunky36bunky36 Member Posts: 94
    I have been driving this 2003 SSEi for about 3 months now (5,000 miles) after 28 years of driving 6 Trans Ams, and I have to say I really love this car. It is about as fun to drive as any sedan I have driven. It is obviously not as fast as the TA’s and won’t slalom like the TA’s would, but that’s about all it won’t do that the TA’s would. Oh, and it doesn’t have that V8 rumble that I used to love so much and that I would intensify with aftermarket exhaust systems. I’ve surprised myself by not missing the V8 sound. I really like the V6 supercharger “whine” and the V6 “growl” on hard acceleration. While not as ‘torquey” as the TA’s, this SSEi is surprisingly no slouch in city and highway driving which is all I do anymore. I had my fill of speeding tickets over the years from street racing with the TA’s. My mother would be pleased that I have apparently grown up. And I really like the gas mileage – 21 in town and 27 on the highway. And how smooth, comfortable, roomy, and quiet this car is compared to the TA, all the electronic gadgetry, the HUD, the Aurora-style leather seats, and I really love XM radio and the Monsoon sound system. I’m also very ready for a front wheel drive car in the winter time. The TA’s just stayed in the garage at the slightest hint of bad weather which we have a fair amount of in Kansas.

While I was still driving my last TA, the GXP show car appeared followed by the subsequent production announcement. The V8 was what got my juices flowing—not the styling changes—I actually like the aggressive looks of the current SSEi, body cladding and all, better than the GXP look—personal preference. But I didn’t want to wait for another year for the GXP, the Pontiac dealers were making some pretty attractive deals on the SSEi (still are, especially now since it is going away), and a guy I know was breathing hard to get his hands on my TA, so I popped for this SSEi. So now I am asking myself what more I would be getting if this car was a GXP beyond the V8, 18 inch wheels, an inch and a half lower, etc. For one thing, I’d be adding another 300 pounds for the engine and tranny, and that extra weight and the two extra cylinders would surely knock off a few of the miles per gallon which I have come to like a lot. It would be a tad faster 0-60, and would have better highway passing and top speeds, etc., but that’s not what trips my trigger anymore. I like pulling up to a stop light now with a kid next to me in a Mustang or Camaro. I used to feel like I was obligated to try to blow his doors off on green, but now I just let him blast off. In fact most just look over and see a big Bonneville sled next to them and figure it would be no contest anyway so they just ease off. Suits me fine.

So I’m thinking I don’t need or want a V8 anymore which in my mind is the only really significant difference between the GXP and SSEi. That said, I still want to drive one when they start showing up. But at this point I just can’t imagine that the GXP would be so much more car as to want to make me give up the SSEi.
    I feel pretty much the same way. I have a 79 T/A with a 400 4-speed, while probably more agile and faster than the ssei, it beats you up after a while. When the 2002 T/A bowed, I looked seriously at a loaded Ram Air convertible, but too many things that I was used to were not there: HUD, DIC, heated seats, moon roof, back seat, and loads of room. I'll not miss the T/A's (easy to say with one in the garage). Also, with a smaller pulley, intake help, and an exhaust system, I'll bet the ssei will be much faster than the GXP.
    As Tom Hnatiw (the co-host of Dream Car Garage) likes to say, "Do I need this car? No. Do I WANT this car? Heck, YES!"
  • rjs200240rjs200240 Member Posts: 1,277
    Just a thought, but have you checked out the Aurora? It has a smooth V8, an incredible note with a Corsa exhaust, and only weighs 32 pounds more than an SSEi. Plus, you could buy one for about the same price as a loaded SSEi and get a longer warranty and more lux. However, expect your 21/27 mpg to drop to around 20/25. Still not bad, though. ;)
    There is no "fix" in the conventional sense that assumes there is something wrong. The knock retard is there to protect the innards from detonation damage.
    What the GPers do is go with cold air intakes, revised PCMs and major redos of the exhaust system. Depends on what you want out of the car but I'm not sure I'm willing to do all that. Plus, our cars can't use a conventional CAI since there isn't anywhere up front to poke it through to the outside.
    Slightly sideways, could this situation (lean mixture with WOT) be a case for using 93 gas in an engine requiring 87 gas, avoiding pre-detonations and thus the ignition being retarded?
    As I read the article, the condition only applies to the supercharged engine although it is possible that the N/A version has the same condition.
    I think that using lower than 93 octane in the L67 triggers KR by the sensors which is why you get the reduced power.
    The next time I have to make a WOT lane change on that particular interchange, I'm going to manually move to 2nd gear and see if the higher rpms reduce the problem.
  • bunky36bunky36 Member Posts: 94
    Actually I did drive an Aurora before I bought the SSEi. I believe you had posted your Aurora Corsa exhaust video/sound clips earlier. That Corsa exhaust sounds great. Basically I went for the SSEi primarily for its exterior styling. I just liked the more aggressive look. The Aurora is more refined looking. Guess we all have different tastes. I found the interior room to be almost identical, and I liked the Aurora leather seats, so I was glad to see the new SSEi with the same seats. While I liked the feel of the Aurora V8, I was a little more impressed with the SSEi torque figures (280@3600 vs. 260@4400 for the Aurora). I'm no engineer so I don't know how they get that kind of performance out of a V6 (supercharger?), but it sure has a lot of low end "squat and get."
    Just returned from Florida in my wife's brand new Yukon SLT. Took delivery on a Monday and left late Monday night... GM confidence. Wow, what a road warrior. The SSEi has seen its last road trip. I had no idea these suv's were so comfortable... I had a loaded Envoy for 2 days while they installed my DVD system... it rode much harder, handled poorly on the highway and was clearly not even close to being on the same level as the big GM suvs... except for the whopping 14 mpg the Yukon belted out(6 people and a cargo carrier).
    Congrats Ezrapon on the new family member! 14 mpg!!! Keep in mind that low mileage has long been the price of highway cruising comfort.

On the subject of mileage...

I just returned from a short (i.e. 6 hrs in each direction) family trip where I experienced something odd with the fuel range on the DIC - that is, I learned that it is limited to 3 digits. IOW, it'll stop at 999 - presumably, whether you're measuring in miles or kilometres.

Well, I measure in kilometres and I tanked up after cruising for several hours at about 75 mph (~125 kph). Just after I tanked up, I was on secondary roads where my speed was more like 60 mph (~100 kph). And my fuel range shot up and stuck at 999 kms. When I it first reached that plateau, I hit the E/M button to confirm that translated into 621 miles. Hit the button again, the number stuck at 999 - just couldn't click over. OTOH, the "English" measurement kept climbing and reached 651 miles before I hit a town and a few traffic lights.

651 miles?? Now that's fuel economy. Over the whole trip, I averaged 31.5 mpg - not bad for a two ton car!
    You're correct, the DIC can only display up to '999' for fuel range. Obviously, it wasn't optimized for the metric system. Either that, or GM never thought you could do so well! Good job! (And another reason I love these H-Bodies!)
    As a two-time owner of a '92 Chevy K-Blazer (né Tahoe) and '99 Tahoe, I am a firm believer that GM's best products all-around are their full-size trucks. I wish the same were true with their cars but I still think that the bigger the vehicle, the better the quality, engineering, comfort, etc. The Cadillac Deville may be a boat, but their owners love 'em. And complaints are pouring in about the new Grand Prix. It will be a disappointment if Pontiac discontinues the Bonneville and has no full-size vehicle to offer.
    Really weird... I did notice in a couple of long trips that the partial odometer wraps around at 1000mls.
    The Yukon DIC is much more efficent than the old ssei. It has an hour meter for the engine, timer for the trip, average speed and mileage. A personal setting for each of these and a business setting to keep each seperate. It also has 3 setings for the heated seats, back and butt settings too, plus a killer stereo with xm radio (which din't do anything for me). I may be forced to trade into one of these myself. I've already tried to do the math with the poor mileage vs the 20 cent cheaper gas. Any ideas how to remove about an inch thick coating of Alabama bugs? There were about 80% large suv's at the condo complex in Florida... most of them the big GM's, the remainder were large Fords which I think are ugly as well as unsafe at any speed! I drove the SSEi this morning; I forgot what burning rubber sounded like.
    I saw a Chevy commercial for the new SS. It bragged about the supercharged v-6. This will certainly draw people away from the ssei and gp. I wonder if it will be the 260 gtp engine. I'll just keep finding excuses to "borrow" the wife's Yukon instead of the old steering klunking bonneville.
    Ezrapon, it is so. Just last night, in fact, I met a guy in a parking lot who drives a current Monte Carlo SS. I asked him how he liked it - he does. A lot. But he opined that a car with a performance heritage like the Monte should have at the very least have the blower in it. I told him that the '04 SS would & I've rarely seen a man so excited.

Honestly, it's the way it should be. I'm glad the Bonnie is moving into multi-valve, OHC V8 territory and the GP and Monte SS are getting extra power out of the old Buick 6 (the latter, BTW, will get 240hp according to reports I've read). I'm not exactly racing any of these with my SLE now anyway, so it makes little difference to me.

I have to say that I think the current proliferation of high-hp family sedans is a tad silly but GM has to keep up with what the specs that the competition are posting. Without some serious improvements to the Impala though, I cannot imagine paying a premium price - and then higher insurance & premium gas - for a fast Impala. The Monte SS I understand - and the GP GTP as well. And of course the Bonnie. But an Impala?

We'll have to see what they do to the car.

ice
    We just returned from Germany where I had a business trip and my wife tagged along to keep me out of trouble.
    We had an Audi A3 1.9L turbo diesel for a rental car and did that thing scoot. I "accidentally" laid rubber a few times with it and anything above 2000rpm in any gear(remember manual transmissions?) and it would get up and go with the turbo. I took it up to 200kph a few times which sounds so much more impressive than 125mph but generally cruised at 115mph on the Autobahn.
    There are a lot of diesels over there and if US automakers would introduce ones here similar to the ones in service over there, you might see a lot more of them here. Inside the car, you would never know the difference, even when cold.
    However, it sure was nice to slide back into the Bonneville this morning. With the 7 hour time difference, I was awake at 1:30 this morning so wound up getting to work at 4:00 am. Needless to say, there wasn't any traffic and so the Bonneville got over 30mpg coming in.
    We did see a few Caravans, a Yukon and an Accura MDX over there and they looked completely out of place because of their size. At around $5 a gallon, I wouldn't want to be feeding one of them for very long.
    I agree that the diesels over in Europe are quite impressive. Smooth, peppy and quiet. I had a new Citroen as a rental in France and all the locals were drooling over it. I saw a story recently that the US automakers are thinking about moving to these diesels if only they can get Americans over their pre-conceived notion that they are noisy and dirty. Having said that, I think ripping up the roads in France would have been fun in a Bonneville!
    It's much more common in Europe because the emissions regulations there are more lenient for the use of Diesel in cars than here.

And Diesel IS dirty and noisy. Dirty because even though it emits less CO, it emits more NOx and PM than a gas engine. Noisy because one can undisputably hear it approaching before a gas-power car, even modern ones.

CO matters only to those who believe that it can catastrophically warm the climate. On the other hand, NOx causes smog that can be a severe irritant of the respiratory ways and PM are carcinogenic.

Europe chose watery eyes and cancer, America chose to ignore unscientific theories. :-D
  • mem300mmem300m Member Posts: 12
    have a 94 B'vile w/114,000 miles. Last night the a/c fan went out. Regardless of mode (a/c, vent, defrost, heat), the fan will not blow at any speed or any switch position. Is this likely the fan motor itself dying or is there a circuit breaker or fan relay that might be at fault and if so how could I easily diagnose to see if it's fan motor or something else?

please email me with ideas at mikemore@rocketmail.com

Thanks,

Mike
    4 months out of factory warranty, Pontiac replaced my intermediate steering shaft free of charge! They lubed it at 20,000, probably a temporary fix at best. Either way, I'm happy again without the steering clunk. They are taking orders on the GTO for December delivery... they will have 6, 2 are sold. GXP will hit the streets the following month with many more available...hmmmm. The new Grand Prix looks nice on the show room floor... unfortunately there is speculation of a 300 HP GXP version of it coming in 2004.
  • timfarntimfarn Member Posts: 289
    Just bought an '02 SLE that is missing both key fobs. For those of you with an '02, does it look and function the same as older model Bonnevilles? We have a '96 w/4 button. I'm looking to pick up a couple on Ebay...
    Congratulations! I have a '00 SLE. 40k miles and still love it.

Yeah, the fobs are 4 button. But they come in synchronized pairs - depending on which one you use to open the car, certain features will automatically adjust to that fob on an SLE (if you take the trouble to program it). I'm not sure if picking up just any two will allow you to restore that particular feature.

Wouldn't you be better off ordering a pair through the dealership?
    The '02 will be my wife's (I take over the 225,000 mile '96 to rest my Avalanche), so the driver settings may not be so critical. My contact at a local dealer is gone - new fobs are in the $75 range each - programmed.
    Just replaced fob for 03 LeSabre. Price??? $35, which included programming by service writer. (Due to quirk in program steps, the
    fobs ended up backwards, Fob#1, gave settings #2; Fob#2, settings #1 driver.

Don't lose the key however if it's got the internal transmitter, it was over $50, including the programming so the car would recognize it...

I'd ask about key fobs at a caring dealer... The programming used the
    ScanTool.

The rules have changed on the remotes; it does take the Tech 2 tool to reprogram. Anyone who says programming is a DIY and only takes a couple of minutes hasn't had the personalized settings. $35 for replacement is reasonable, especially with programming included.

Do the 2002 fobs have the triangular trunk button with panic below?
    link to GM's media info: media.gm.com - GXP

Not too long now...

:-)

ice
  • rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,191
    Thanks for that link.

This is interesting. It appears that the GPX powertrain will be some sort of mix and match between the current Caddy SLS and STS. The motor appears to have the same specs as the Northstar as used in the SLS, but the final drive – at 3.71 – is what the STS has used. The trans. is the 4T80E, of course.

I see nothing referring to a version of the TapShift that was introduced on the ’04 GP GTP. I had hoped . . .

With a quoted weight 200+ lbs less than an SLS, and that 3.71, I expect acceleration to be – umm – brisk. If the traction is there. With 61% on the front wheels (18”) this will be a possible issue. But probably not much better than 15.0 sec. in the quarter. Not class leading, at this point – and likely very similar to the ’04 GP GTP. And the ’97 GP GTP. Though clearly the Bonne is a bit larger than the GP.

With less weight than a STS/SLS, perhaps they will be able to improve the fuel mileage compared to the S_S's? Though EPA 18 / 27 for the ’04 SLS is certainly not bad for a 4000 lb vehicle.

One thing that I do not understand is the stated requirement for 92 octane fuel. The 2 Caddy S_S's have been running the Northstar at these HP / TQ level with 87 octane. Strange.

Anyone have any insight here?

The 14 inch front / 13 rear brake disk diameters are an interesting touch.

I wonder what the performance-tuned exhaust system will sound like. A V6 can be tricky to tune for a decent note – but a V8 ought to provide opportunity for something nice. But I doubt they will actually provide a true dual exhaust. “Pleasing rumble” does sound promising. We'll see.

And I wonder exactly what interior changes will have made it into production. I have not seen official pictures, and obviously have no password to access those ob this site. It sounds like mostly minor trim changes.

Thanks,
    - Ray
    Now awaiting a test drive with renewed interest . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
    Ice,
    Thanks for the link to the GXP. Hope this will continue the Bonneville's future with GM.

I wonder if the Northstar engine would have the intake manifold gasket issue that occurs with the 3800 engine. Would it be possible to place a Northstar engine in Bonnevilles from 2000 on? just a thought...

x64
  • nilesriver1956nilesriver1956 Member Posts: 2
    Bought a factory owned car with 34000 miles on it. twice now the brake light comes on and the traction control disengages. first time under warranty dealer said ok. did it again. both times it reset itself after restarting car. anyone else with this problem or ideas as to what to do about it. thanks in advance for any info.
    The brake warning lamp (or MIL) will turn on when there is a problem with the brake system (ABS has a separate MIL), when the parking brake is depressed or during the lamp test when the ignition is turned on. When the parking brake is set the traction control is disengaged, I believe (this is the way it is on most GM cars), so my first guess is that the position switch on the parking brake is bad or maladjusted. Maybe an intermittent short in the signal. Just a thought... Also make sure that when the parking brake is released that the pedal is coming all the way up.
  • idntnvuidntnvu Member Posts: 254
    the "ABS" and "traction off" light are permanently illuminated on my parent's '93 SSEi, I think due to a problem with an ABS sensor up front or it could be any range of other more serious issues. Any time that you lose the use of your ABS, you will lose the traction control, because that's how your traction control functions, by using the ABS. Is it the "BRAKE" light or the "ABS" light that comes on? If it's "BRAKE," then mlm4 has the right opinion. If it is anything dealing with the ABS, then on a car that new with that mileage, my guess is a bad sensor. It used to be a pretty common problem with the previous generation Bonnies, but I'm not sure about 2000 and newer models.
    Hope all are doing well. Back on post 180, there was some discussion on trying to set up a Bonneville meet. One location was Pigon orge,TN.

I was wondering if this sounds like a possible place and perhaps sometime in the fall (late Sept/October). If anyone has other suggestions please drop a line.

Steve
  • nilesriver1956nilesriver1956 Member Posts: 2
    thanks mlm4 and idntnvu for the response to the brake light. idntvu asked if it was the abs or the brake light. it was the brake light, not the abs. thanks to you both. will be checking into it.
  • idntnvuidntnvu Member Posts: 254
    Hi all, "the user formerly known as 1badsidekick" here...the parent's '93 SSEi is having a fit again. My mom took it to Gatlinburg TN this past weekend, and on the way up into the mountains, it overheated, and wouldn't start again for a while. She finally got it restarted, and didn't drive it the rest of the time they were up there. She and her sister got in it to come home yesterday, and the thing was heating all the way home (about 4 hours, 230 miles). She kept the climate control on 90 the whole way, and considering the temperature outside was 87, they were a little warm. Now, the question is, what is causing this? The fans at the radiator seemed to work intermittantly, but they did work. I know the engine has to reach a certain temp before they kick in. What else could this be? Thermostat? Water pump? Any help is appreciated. I'm going to try to get it to the garage today for them, but I'd like to get it in there and halfway know what to expect, rather than going in there with a blindfold on. (Even though the mechanics at our garage are good, they tend to "throw parts" at the problem, rather than knowing immediately what it is.) Any advice??
    Not that I ascribe too much importance to this result: NHTSA
This discussion has been closed.