Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• momof5girlsmomof5girls Member Posts: 19
    Got an email from our sales rep that said they found out all they are offering for March is free maintenance for 2 years. I love the Sienna..but that is disappointing..have decided to go buy the Kia and save myself $6000.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    The person complaining probably had bad timing - they may have walked in and asked for a price the same day the very first 2011 arrived.

That's when the price is the highest. First on the block always pays more.

Could have been a simple case of bad timing.

Price settle quickly as people have already reported.
  • wargoatwargoat Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2010
    Went to toyota dealership here in dallas this morning looking at sienna le.
    Salesman told me tommorow that Toyota is going to have big incentives and rebates for 2011. Stay tuned. Hopefully i can get sienna le at 27500 + TTL
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    If all Toytoa is giving in March is free maintenence for two years, that is disappointing. :mad:
  • shamrockshawnshamrockshawn Member Posts: 2
    Yesterday(Feb 28, 2011) I received and email from American Express,,,for their no haggle deals on new cars,,,it gave me 3 car dealers in my area,,the y gave me prices for 2011 AWD with DVD ENT pkg.,,,excluding taxes and title,,,,$35,307,,,that is a savings of $2,800, other dealers are fighting with me about this price,, except the three AMEX told me to go thru.,,,I'm waiting until tomorrow and purchase this vehicle,,,want to see what Toyota going to do,,,can wait!!! SO, IF YOU HAVE AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD,,,MAKE SURE YOU GET A PRICE THROUGH THEM,,,,,OTHER DEALERS WILL NOT COME AS LOW AS THE ONES AMEX ARE IN WITH!!!
    that's what my rep is saying, she just sent me a quote for the LE MSRP 30,464..I can get it for 28,800. I still think that's too high, I'm seeing people with 27,500.
  • hitchens97hitchens97 Member Posts: 62
    I test drove each one (sienna xle with pemium, ody touring). So here are my pros for each one. I'm not really emotionally invested in either brand, so I feel like I am reasonably impartial.

Both felt really pretty good; my overall feeling was that there's not much between them, but given that the Oddy version is a lot older I found that surprising, I'm feeling like I should wait and see the new Oddy.

Pros Oddy: Handles better, stiffer suspension (may be a matter of preference, but I prefer), fit and finish better than the Sienna, seat configuration better; I like the way you can put both captains chairs next to each other and create room to get in the 3rd row,

Pros Sienna: Travel on 2nd row seats is nice; felt less cramped in 2nd/3rd rows, some nicer electronics on similar priced models (bluetooth streaming, keyless ignition, rear tailgate (only on touring), better acceleration, marginally better brakes.

As I said, I'd probably be fine with either, but given my wife got motion sickness driving the sienna and not the ody, that would mean the Ody. And then the question becomes do we pull the trigger now, or do we wait for new version.
    First two years there's hardly any maintenance anyway. A few oil changes and maybe a tire rotation or two.
  • chriscicchriscic Member Posts: 6
    "Year-2011Sienna
    Color- Pre Dawn Grey Mica
    Model- XLE 8 passenger FWD
    Option- Premium Pkg
    Price Paid - $35300.00
    Dealer Fee $ 599.00
    Tax 7% $2512.93
    Tag & Lemon Law $ 21.00
    Toyota Platinum $940.00 (7 Years or 100000.00 Miles) "

Funny... that's the exact Sienna I just purchased (same color even) on Saturday, at the identical price (ok I paid $1 more).

Only difference is I got the floormats and not the extended warranty. Oh, I guess I also paid a stupid $130 doc fee which maybe you avoided.

Bought at St Charles Toyota, in St Charles IL. I liked them pretty well, especially the salesguy. The finance manager was a tool though.
  • nickelnickel Member Posts: 147
    edited March 2010
    3.5 years ago, I bought a Sienna LE, 8 passengers, $24,300, including roof rack.
    Ok, this one maybe a better vehicle (just maybe), even if interior plastics are better with old model, and never had a delicate recall.
    But, 12% more, under the circumstances, look preposterous (at $27,200).
    Just wanted to let everyone know our final offer was 28,000 for a 2011 LE with security system and towing system floormats cargo net MSRP 30,469. We were just about to say yes and then asked that last question about the brake override system. The sales rep said that the one's already build do not have the brake override yet, but the future one's should be getting it. Don't know if he knew what he was talking about (he even said he would research it and called us back to tell us they didn't) because another rep told me it did, but not willing to take a chance! We are sadly moving on from toyota.
  • espace3espace3 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market for a XLE FWD w/ premium pkg. AMEX auto buying service gave me 3 dealers as well. However, their "COST" on this vehicle is $35,766 inclusive of destination. Edmunds is coming up with $35,141. So roughly $600 in holdback? I'm in northern NJ. Thanks.
  • gosaintsgosaints Member Posts: 18
    So am I reading this right, the only incentive applicable to the 2011 Sienna is a special lease offer?? What happened to all the "aggressive" incentives that were touted for this month? It would have been a much better deal last month on the 2011 Sienna because they at least offered a $500 owner loyalty credit. Noe that appears to be gone. What a gip! Well, goodbye Sienna, hello Odyssey...
    the Dealer I've been working with says that all 2011 sienna's that have been made have this feature..Does anyone know for sure?? Has anyone seen this feature working?
  • edoedwardedoedward Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2010
    Try to contact Tania Peralta at DCH Brunswich Toyota . She gave me a very good quote for 2011 LE.

MSRP was $29,189+Dest, she quoted me for $27,102+Dest.
  • 2011sienaguy2011sienaguy Member Posts: 6
    Chriscic: Congrats! I checked with a lot of dealers and no one has OEM Toyota Sienna Rubber Floor Mats. Are you sure it is OEM.
  • catmousecatmouse Member Posts: 3
    http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2010/02/toyota-to-add-brake-override-system-o- n-all-new-cars.html

According to the article all 2011 Toyota's have the override! whew....
  • ericd12ericd12 Member Posts: 7
    How did you find out about the American Express offer? I called them and the rep did not know anything about a program with Toyota. I also asked a local Toyota dealership and they claimed not to know anything either. Your price is about 1,000 lower than the price I was quoted for the same configuration. Thank you.
  • shamrockshawnshamrockshawn Member Posts: 2
    http://amexnetwork.zag.com/main.html?referrer_id=ZAMX000213&om_rid=AVtr0i&om_mid=_BLigECB77$xic$&om_lid=axp3

copy and paste if u cant get it when u click on the link.....this is the email they sent me,,,,,hope this helps!!
    Cool.

The Feds want to mandate it. That's a good idea because any manufacturers reluctant to add it (people may see it as as admission of guilt if they make a change) now have an excuse - they have to do it.
  • chriscicchriscic Member Posts: 6
    Floormats are on backorder. Seems kinda crazy that they wouldn't have the floormats ready with the vehicles. Anyway, dealer promised to drop them off at my house when they come in.

On brake over-ride, good to hear it's confirmed. My salesperson said it did have brake over-ride. Not that I really care all that much... even without chances of a problem are miniscule.
    Good news. Another government mandate. Another reason to add price to vehicles with more nanny controls. :(
    They could let people override it, such as when VSC is switched off.
  • bitthebulletbitthebullet Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    I bought an XLE last night and wanted to contribute to this forum on which I have been lurking for so long.

Bottom line is that I bought for $30,677 plus $389 for dealer processing plus ~$950 for VA sales tax/title/registration/plates, etc. = $32,084 out the door. No financing, no trade in. I hope this helps someone out there get what they need or get comfortable with a price they now have.

Unfortunately my negotiating leverage was reduced by two factors so maybe you all can do better. First, my wife was 9mos pregnant with our third when we were shopping, and our other car could not possibly hold three car seats. So we had to move fast. Second, we wanted no DVD, no NAV--we'll take care of those aftermarket--and only three colors (Red, Green, or Dark Blue), which made the already low inventory that much harder to work with. Most XLEs have DVD or NAV, or both, which makes perfect sense.

I used the USAA car buying program (aka Zag, I think) and the best quote I got was $30,450 in Baltimore, MD (including freight but not processing, taxes, title, registration, etc.). The next best quote I got was $30,677 in Tysons Corner, VA (same conditions). After that the dealers were coming in in the $33k range. No one moved a penny below the USAA number they gave, and some even refused to give any number. The Tysons Corner dealer, Koons, was much closer to my home and the salesman was incredibly helpful. So we went with him. They would not budge on the price, probably because they found the car specifically for me wandering the highways on some truck that left Princeton, IN; it was not as if they were trying to sell one off the lot that they had already sunk their money into. So not that helpful on the price but on the other hand not at all pushy with the add-ons at the end of the deal (all of which we declined). My impression is that they are a super-high volume place so no time for bulls***t and just focus on being nice.

It took about two weeks for the van to arrive and about 10 minutes for us to commit to the purchase. The van is outstanding inside and out but the one defect I've noticed already is the latch connections that are really difficult to access between the back and butt seat cushions. Really unforgivable that the latch connections would be so difficult in a MINIVAN designed to haul kids around; our not-kid-friendly BMW has much easier connections as do the other cars in which I've had to install seats (VW and Volvo).

One last thought, admittedly off-topic. If you are selling a car PLEASE do yourself a favor and at least try a private sale before you bother with a trade-in. If you are on this forum it obviously means you are savvy about your purchase so make sure you are equally vigilant about your sale. Go to carmax and get a free appraisal in 30 minutes. I know from visiting and talking to three dealers and carmax that whatever carmax offers you is the same, plus or minus $500, that you will get from a dealer, because they all use the same exact pricing tool. So get a carmax appraisal and then go to autotrader.com and find cars comparable to the one you're selling. Spend the $50 or whatever on the autotrader classified, and price your car at a substantial discount to the dealer listings (which are hideously inflated) but comfortably above the carmax number to give you some negotiating room. The spread between the carmax number and the dealers' "comparable" autotrader listings will be large enough for this to work. Using autotrader I found a buyer at $17.7k within two weeks; carmax wanted to give me $13k, and the "comparables" listed on autotrader were about $20k! I can't even take credit for this approach since it was a dealer that recommended it to me--he saw my heart sink with his low ball offer and wanted me to sell the darn car myself and come back after. Downside to autotrader is all the scammers that start calling your house the next day offering to sell your car for you.

Good luck everyone. Pull the trigger if you get a reasonable deal; otherwise wait for the 11 Odyssey and take it from there.
    Congrats on your new Sienna XLE!

Great info on the purchase of your new van. Now, could we have a on the road review in a few days? MPG, road noise or lack of it, and any other thoughts you may have.
  • 2011sienaguy2011sienaguy Member Posts: 6
    bitthebullet: Congrats !!! Enjoy your New Sienna.
  • tylerwkutylerwku Member Posts: 13
    To purchase now or wait until the summer or fall that is what I am struggling with at this time?? Now could be a good time since Toyota's sales are hurting or perhaps if I wait until later in the year they will have better incentives to compete with the 2011 Odyssey or to get more off the lot?? What do you guys think?!?!
    If you get good financing it may be worth buying now, but usually you're better off waiting.
  • pacinpelopacinpelo Member Posts: 142
    edited March 2010
    I recieved some real good quotes on the '11 Sienna !
    Dealers are working hard .......
    However, the lease money factors from Toyota are not good at all almost 2 times that of the Odyssey leases and Honda was throwing $1250 in too at the end of February.
    Oooh, $500 loyalty cash, wow.
    I said it before, Toyota has to begin to compete on Honda's scale of lease factors to make this van a 100% HIT !
    Do not get me wrong, we love the '11 Sienna as we did the previous generation but Honda continues to cater into the family pocket book with aggressiveness.
    Well, the Ody is old, to put it bluntly.

It came out in 2005, so it's ancient by automotive standards.

The new Ody will not have $1250 in incentives. That's what the Sienna will compete with for 95% of its run.
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,592
    Yep.

The current Ody is at the end of its run, so the deals there are as good as they are going to get. Same thing happened when I bought my 08 Pilot; end of year before a new generation/body style is introduced. Honda put out aggressive lease deals to clear inventory and when the 09 Pilot released, incentives were cut to nil. Same will happen when the 2011 Ody debuts...especially if they hit their MPG claims.

If you like the 10 Ody, buy/lease it and get a great deal, but don't expect Toyota to match when they have the new-gen '11 Sienna out now.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• robooroboo Member Posts: 8
    Did homework from amex got 2600 off msrp 36900 without tax Im in northern NJ so need add 7% for tax ..Car coming in next week
    mrsp was 39500
  • mlocamloca Member Posts: 15
    I bought an AWD XLE with everything in it today (nav, DVD, etc).
    MSRP $41,900
    OTD for $38,500
    I ended up buying the platinum warranty package for $1750 which they say is $1000 off. I thought a 7 year 100K warranty bumper to bumper with no deductable was a good call on a car that just came out.

When the guy was showing the car to my wife he got the rear seat stuck, the floor mat wasn't seated properly and one of the armrests in the back was broken so there are definately some fit and finish issues. In fact they have to order a new one and it will take 3 weeks to come in.

They said they don't move on price when I walked in and I saved a few thousand. They key is to find one and execute. I would bet they will be giving them away by summer but my wife's lease is expiring and I needed the van.
    Bought it north of Boston.
    You all ready getting 5yrs 100k when u buy the car..after 5 yrs you really dont need warranty think waste of money. for 2 extra years....
  • nitcnitc Member Posts: 13
    This will be my first car in the States. As I've been reading, negotiation skills are extremely important in buying a car. I really like the Sienna LE FWD. Dealers have been quoting around 28,800 for the LE here in Minneapolis. Would that be a fair price? Should I be negotiating The invoice price is around 27,200 as per edmunds. I am going to lose out in financing any way as I dont have credit history in the states, so want to keep the car price as low as possible.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated
  • t_mt_m Member Posts: 9
    Isn't $1750 a bit too expensive for 7-yr/100k? This forum lists prices that are about half that: http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f1541e2?displayRecent.

Check with the dealer that a lot of people dealer name in the forum (Midwest Toyota). I recall someone getting a quote for <$900 for the same extended manufacturer warranty. You won't lose much by checking and you may save a lot if it works.

Report back if you do indeed find a cheaper warranty.
    when we were looking we could get the 2011 Sienna with same options $800 lower than what the honda would do on a 2010.
    I had two dealerships offer me 28000 even and that included destination charges.
  • nitcnitc Member Posts: 13
    Wow... this helps!
    Was 28000 their first quote or was this after negotiation. I am just thinking how far I can negotiate. The Ody is being offered at 26900. I am wondering if I should try and get as close as possible to the Ody's price
  • 2000sienna12000sienna1 Member Posts: 5
    Are you aware of any good financing available on the Sienna, or are you talking in general terms ?
    We negotiated between two dealerships. the first quote i was given was 29something. The MSRP on the car was 30,469 and then they dealer traded that and were going to give me one that MSRP for 30,650. We just bought the KIA last night, with the acceleration problems, no matter how slight, my husband wouldn't risk it. They couldn't actually demonstrate the brake overide system working to us or show us a video of it in action.
  • hitchens97hitchens97 Member Posts: 62
    I imagine it should be easy to test a brake over-ride. Car in neutral. push the accelerator to half. Keep foot on gas, and press brake with other foot; engine should go to idle, right?
  • clubberclubber Member Posts: 8
    we are also looking at the three vehicles you mentioned,could you share some more details. I am from WI-northern illinois my prices so far are Sienna LE #2 package- 28,300 ODY--EX-25,800 waiting for price on Kia,anxious to hear more on the KIA. hope to hear from you soon,thanx
    Was this good Deal 36900 includes everything except tax .... XLE With premiun package dvd and nav.....2600 off msrp......
  • thethingxthethingx Member Posts: 7
    Just got my 2011 Sienna Limited in Predawn Mica with Premium package for $40200
    Dealt with Derrick Bates at Puente Hills Toyota, good guy pretty straight forward.
    Took forever installing the floor mats cause no one knew how to do it. They actually slides under the seat and then needs to be tucked in. We had 3 guys around the van trying to figure it out.
    He said he's willing to do $500 over invoice for all 2011 siennas if anyone else is interested.

On a side note don't get the extended warranty from puente hills, i think they are aftermarket.
    I got mine extended warranty from Jerry at Midwest 8 year 75k for $709.
  • t_mt_m Member Posts: 9
    Does anyone know if the announced free 2-year autocare service plan for returning Toyota customers (part of the March incentives) is applicable for the 2011 Sienna?
  • siennabuyer24siennabuyer24 Member Posts: 2
    I am checking a price. I have a dealer at 27900 for an LE FWD 6 cyl. with floor mats included in the 27900. Is this a good price? MSRP is 29999.

Help! I need to get the best price. I am in Central NJ. The price does not include tax, tags, documentation, etc..

Thanks
  • grippogrippo Member Posts: 4
    Got an '11 XLE in the Philly burbs today for $30,500 (no Nav/DVD & doesn't include tax/title/reg/etc.) and 3.39% for 60 months. After two solid weeks of negotiations with a number of dealers, it seemed pretty clear that we weren't gonna do much better than that.
  • sri1sri1 Member Posts: 23
    Congrats. Pl share the dealer info. I am in Philly burbs and looking for the same vehicle. Is the APR is from dealer/bank or Toyota. I appreciate if you could post the break down of the prices. Thanks.