Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tminivantminivan Member Posts: 3
    I'm hoping to take advantage of toyotas low financing rates for the 2010 sienna model. Im looking for the 8 seater LE model with power doors and liftgate. What do you think is the fair price for this car? I've been quoted 26,000
  • endorulesendorules Member Posts: 6
    is that all wheel drive? What was the sticker on the car?
  • thethingxthethingx Member Posts: 7
    it's fwd
    the sticker is 43700 limited with premium package and floor mats
  • rwenrwen Member Posts: 6
    Congratulations on your new car, and looks like you got a great deal !!

What was the MSRP of your car? Any additional options besides the Premium package, like storage bins for the well area (behind the 3rd row seat), and door sill cover with Sienna logo?

Also, did you get the free 2 yr maintenance for the Sienna?
  • ebutashebutash Member Posts: 7
    $27,200 the best I got in RI/MA.
  • siennabuyer24siennabuyer24 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. What was the MSRP? Did the price include floor mats or any other options?
  • vc23vc23 Member Posts: 1
    After about 3 weeks of haggling, finally signed the dotted line today. Picked up a 2011 LE AWD with tow package and floor mats in VA. Here are the cost details;

Price; 29,588
    Processing: 389
    VA Tax: 899.35
    Tags (2 year): 111.00
    Misc Fees: 60.32

This made the out the door price $31048.50

We had 4.35% financing and they were trying hard to sell us the 8 year 125K platinum warranty ($2080.75), ended up driving toyota financing down to 2.99% for 60 months and went with the warranty. Not a huge fan of the extended warranties, but with the cost savings, it made it a better deal.

Good luck out there!
  • grippogrippo Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2010
    Thanks. This was through Ardmore, and the financing is through Toyota. Carousel originally quoted us that rate but were not competitive when it came to price. We also checked out Conicelli in Conshohocken which agreed to match any price we got elsewhere, but we got a real sleazy vibe from the guy we talked to and decided not to deal with them anymore. Ardmore didn't try to deal us any extras and were easy to deal with. In fact all of our interactions with them throughout the process were very pleasant and I'd go back there again in a second. As to be expected, they initially tried to go high on the financing and low on the trade-in, but in the end we got what we wanted. Maybe we could have gotten a slightly better deal, but at that point we didn't feel it was worth the additional effort.

If this is what you mean by "breakdown of prices":

MSRP (incl destination): $32,975
    Invoice (incl holdback): $30,078
    Paid: $30,500 (not incl taxes, tags, etc.)

Everyone we tried getting invoice from basically laughed, citing the re-design and popularity, but we didn't do to bad in the end.
  • ma005ma005 Member Posts: 1
    Can you please share the name of the dealership? We want to buy a 2011 XLE w/ Premium pkg (dvd, nav, parking sensors). So far, we got $1,800 over invoice for Costco members. But your deal is better :).
  • momof5girlsmomof5girls Member Posts: 19
    we got the KIA for 25,500 and that was for the top model..I pick it up today so I will let you know, we didn't get lux or dvd because I don't like leather seats.
  • waltripwaltrip Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market for a Sienna LE, and appreciate the buying experiences listed here.

However, I often see a post with a clear "price paid", but then a mention of a "trade-in" or "financing". I don't understand how one can compare a straight up purchase (no trade-in or financing) with one that contains either of those, since dealers are notorious, for example, for giving a better deal on the purchase price, then giving a poor price for the trade-in to make up for the "good deal" on the purchase. I don't know if they play the same game with financing or not.

My (former) brother-in-law was infamous for that, he would tell me the really great deal he got on a new car purchase, but then my sister would tell me in private that he accepted a really low-ball price for their trade-in, so she felt it was not a good deal at all (but if husband was happy then she was happy). The point is, if you did not have a trade-in, or were unwilling to take a low-ball offer for your trade-in, you could never get the deals he was getting.

If people are happy with both the purchase price and the price for their trade-in, then that's great, just seems like there is a potential for someone to post a price that is not really apples-to-apples with other posted prices.
  • b747b747 Member Posts: 10
    "we are also looking at the three vehicles you mentioned,could you share some more details. I am from WI-northern illinois my prices so far are Sienna LE #2 package- 28,300 ODY--EX-25,800 waiting for price on Kia,anxious to hear more on the KIA. hope to hear from you soon,thanx "

I would pick the EX. the Sienna is way too expensive.
  • momof5girlsmomof5girls Member Posts: 19
    You would think so, but they wouldn't do it..I wonder if it damages the car somehow.
  • robooroboo Member Posts: 8
    36900 for xle premiun package 2900 off msrp bought it last friday waiting for it to come in this week does not include 7% tax for NJ
    no trade in 2.9% fin 60 months
  • kiki8kiki8 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    We just purchased the XLE with the DVD package (8 passenger) for $33,168 (including destination). TTL were extra. We were set to buy an Odyssey but were not happy with what they offered on our trade in. Purely out of spite we went next door to the toyota dealership and loved the Sienna. We are pleased with our purchase.

Oh and we are in Northern CA, near San Francisco and bought the Sienna at Milpitas Toyota (Piercey)
    27,200? is this with 8th seat and power doors? If so can you give me the name of that dealership?
  • sricansrican Member Posts: 12
    We are looking to buy the 2011 XLE base with no addl package. MSRP on toyota website is 32K. Has anyone bought it and if so what price did you pay.

Also, we are exploring the costco auto buying program, but the price offered for an Odyssey EX by one of the dealers was 300 over invoice which was higher than the quote I got from another dealer without using the program.

Inputs appreciated.

Thanks

SR.
  • s2kmr2s2kmr2 Member Posts: 28
    www.fitzmall.com has this particular XLE listed from 30,829 to 30,997 depending on locattion. The 30,829 is in Chambersburg, PA and 30,997 is in Gaithersburg, MD.
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    IIRC a poster on here got a base 2011 XLE for $30,500.

I looked into the Costco program last year. Using the Costco program, prices were higher than I could do with my own negotiations. I think all the buying programs like Costco, AMEX, AAA, etc. are good for folks that do not want to take the time to negotiate. But the service comes with an add on price. Those buying companies get a referral fee from the dealer, which is added to what the vehicle is going to cost the consumer.
    Because of the negative reviews I've been hearing about the 2011 sienna 8th seat vis a vi car seats or boosters I've decided to stick with the older model. I recently found a dealer that is willing to let go of a demo model 2010 LE with power doors and 8th seat with ~5000 miles. He wants 24,000 for it which seems fair but then again it is used so no1500 rebate or low APR can be offered on this. Should I pull the trigger?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    How much was the invoice when it was new?

I'd be looking to do at least a grand or two better than you could have bought it for when it was new.

If not keep looking for unused 2010s.
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    I agree. Sounds like that 2010 should be bought for less than what dealer is asking. His price is real close to what a new van with no miles should cost.
  • dream5dream5 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

Was this APR for 2011 Sienna. If so which model and was this offer from Toyota or the dealer?

Thanks,
    Kumar
  • delthekingdeltheking Member Posts: 1,152
    24k for a used LE is just nuts..Might as well buy a new 2010 at that price..But the inventory will shrink for 2010Used LE Siennas with less than 15k miles go for $20k or less..Look around -much better deals out there.. :shades:
    was for 2011 xle fwrd drive pre pack dvd nav and mats 39500 was msrp got it for 36900 with out tax
    apr 2011 was2.9% 60 months got sienna in Northern NJ
    Thank you for sharing this information.

Kumar.
    Did you get the 2.9% for 60Months from the dealer or Toyota finance?

Thanks,
    Kumar.
  • ajseagles3ajseagles3 Member Posts: 6
    Got a bunch of quotes on the 2011's today. Deals are pretty weak at this point - no cash incentives right now. I will either pull the trigger on a 2010 Ody soon or wait it out a few more months.
  • 2011buyer2011buyer Member Posts: 5
    Hi

I am getting a quote from a dealer in Oregon for 2011 XLE w/ premium package + floormats.

MSRP: $39.524
    Invoice: $35,874

Dealer offer: $36,274 + DMV fees

no trade in, no financing offers.

Is it a good enough price to go ahead with the purchase? I looked at the fitzmall.com and a similar car is selling for $36,100 or so. Is fitzmall pretty much the bottom price you can get?

Let me know what you all think. :confuse:
  • tylerwkutylerwku Member Posts: 13
    I just bought a 2011 XLE with the DVD entertainment system and the carpet mats/door guard protectors for 32, 384 plus TTL and documentation fee. I was able to get 3.95% financing for 60 months. I tried to go below invoice with the dealer and wholesale holdback that Toyota pays to the dealer once sold, but was unsuccessessful. I keep thinking I could of done better, but overall I am satisfied with the purchase. Did anyone else have to pay a "TDA advertising fee"??? I saw it on the invoice and have never heard of it.
  • wasabeewasabee Member Posts: 31
    Can you tell us what was the MSRP price? So we know how much discount you were given by the dealer. It will help a lot when I go negotiate with the dealer to know how much toyota is willing to give up. Thanks.
    The MSRP of my Sienna was $35,794... They took a total of $3,410 off the MSRP, which came to a total of $32,384. I highly recommend purchasing the Consumer Reports New Car Report for $14.00. I think it saved me money! I still second guess myself though about the price, but I was tired of negotiating.
  • sricansrican Member Posts: 12
    Anyone bought the LE 8 seater recently. I compared it with the 7 seater and lot of cool features are in it:

* Bluetooth Audio
    * Dual Power Sliding Doors
    * Overhead rack
    * 8th seat - of course
    * Rear backup camera
    * Compass

Fitz is offering the 8 seater at 28K (includes Freight) but taxes additional.

Has anyone got this lower than that price point.

Thanks

SR.
    According to truecar.com that price of 32,384 is a great price. I priced it on truecar.com and selected the 2011 XLE FWD and the only option I selected was the entertainment system. Was the TDA advertising fee included in the 32,384 price? I am shopping for this XLE but minus the entertainment package.
  • nitcnitc Member Posts: 13
    I am in MN and the best price I am getting is 28804, but this does include the tow prep package, mats and anti theft package. The MSRP on this is 30464. All dealers are in and around this amount, and here in minneapolis, the LEs are only available with these options at the moment.
    Yes the advertising fee was included in the price of 32,384, but it was not 847 as it says at truecar.com. I think mine was closer to 565. Where they got me was a 598.00 special benefit package and a 99.00 documentation fee that everyone is charged that buys a car there and those was not included in the price. The special benefit package is suppose to include extra protection and discount services for the owner in the event of minor service and repairs. I am sure it is a joke, but I had no way to argue the charges or negotiate because supposively everyone pays those that buys at this dealership. I hope this helps out!
    edited March 2010
    Just purchased a 2011 FWD Sienna LE (MSRP $30,024) for $27,000 even - MA dealership.

Best deal I could get (two other dealerships let me walk...wouldnt even come close). I worked the deal through the Internet Sales deptartment. Thats where the discounts are. To get the best pricing I did the financing through the dealership. I can always refinance later!

:)
    E
  • sastoolssastools Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    Bought 2011 FWD Sienna XLE 8-seater w. Navi & DVD/entertainment options & floormats for $35230 ($200 below invoice), MSRP $ 39054 from Elgin Toyota (IL).

Worked the deal through the Internet Sales Dept - just emailed few dealers in area and let them compete against each other. Did the financing thru the dealer - they matched best rates I could find elsewhere (3.5% APR, 60 mo).
  • aprajithaaprajitha Member Posts: 19
    Congratulations. Do you mind sharing the OTD price? We live in westerns suburbs of chicagoland and are in the market for a similarly configured van.
    ebutash, which dealership in MA ?
  • raketa1raketa1 Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2010
    I am in Minneapolis area and ordered above with Navigation package only. The Nav package includes floor mats, backup camera, other tech stuff. NOT a DVD entertainment system. MSRP was $36,594 and my final price was $33,933 plus customary tax, title, license. No inflated fees or other costs. Advertising, etc, if any, was included in the price I paid. Cash deal, no financing. According to truecar.com this came out about $342 above factory invoice. I got a price on my trade I was happy with and I felt the deal was a few hundred less than the next best offer I had. Amazingly all 3 local dealers I went to here were very close, within a few hundred of each other and I felt I couldn't do better here. Trade price made the difference. I'm surprised by other post that you can get a 2011 at less than invoice when they still have 2010's on the lot (albeit with $1,500 factory rebate).
  • b747b747 Member Posts: 10
    I am in MA too. Can you share your info about that dealer? Do you have trade in? I think 27K is great price for 2011LE. Thanks.
    Boch Toyota South - North Attleboro

Absolutely great purchase experience!!!!
  • hvysnow2hvysnow2 Member Posts: 3
    I'm in the marker for 2011 Sienna XLE and just for kicks I tried the USAA car buying service. It takes about 5 minutes to complete and I just received offers from a couple of dealerships with one coming in at over 1K under invoice (35K for XLE w/premium package). I haven't contacted these dealers yet, but everything so far seem very legit. Just thought if your in the market give USAA a try. (and no, I don't work for them)
  • raghu_vsraghu_vs Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2010
  • raketa1raketa1 Member Posts: 8
    Seems like you can do $400-$600 better. Try looking at www.truecar.com (I am not affiliated with them!!!) Plug in your specific specs and will show pricing in your area, including best deals made. Great website and very up-to-date and accurate.
  • raghu_vsraghu_vs Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for the info
    They would not go below 28600. Tried two dealerships. Inventory is low and I was looking for Salsa Red Pearl color.

Here is the analysis from TrueCar. It says 29K is a fair deal

http://www.truecar.com/Toyota/Sienna/2011/best-price-report-E5EF1878.html?colorI- nfo=Salsa%20Red%20Pearl,Bisque,ImageUnavailable-Van.png&optionInfo=6666955,66669- 52,6666948,6666943,6599138&incentiveIds=0&trimId=322645&modelId=20138&zipcode=98- 055
  • dwong408dwong408 Member Posts: 7
    I just picked up a predawn gray mica xle 8pass with premium package and carpet mats/door guard protectors for 36k before taxes n license from the bayarea in cali. I thought I got a decent deal. Should have worked the warranty for 10yrs since this is a 1st year design. It was hard to find this color with these options. Its alot easier to find sky silver and super whites. Also got 3.64% financing for 60months.