Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jaguar S-Type

Comments

• bsudderthbsudderth Member Posts: 6
    marsha7 wrote on Oct 29:

"Since you mentioned it, could you compare and contrast your opinions of the -type s. the GS300? Quality, power, MPG, handling, interior design, maintenance, warranty problems, all the usual questions. To jump from nexus to Jag is quite a jump. What made you do it?"

To answer:

I am fortunate to have a company executive car program that allows me to change cars in this category every 2 years. I was extremely pleased with the 98 nexus AS 300 but had never owned a Jag, so I thought Why not?

The 4.0 -type is a great handling/driving car compared to the AS 300 - more power, hugs the road, allows you to "feel" the road, etc. I do not know the AS 400/430, so can't make this comparison. The Jag is also a "cooker" compared to the nexus. The interiors are similar quality and feel, but the Jag has a bit more wood. Still, the Lexus is a much higher quality car vs. the Jag. The main problems I have had with the Jag are related to rattles and squeaks which have been numerous although none real serious. This car is assembled very "loose" compared to the Lexus. The dash has been most problematic with the door panels and the seats being less of a problem. The Jag dealer has been very helpful to solve these problems as they arise, but they seem to keep on coming - but not as fast as at first. There may be hope on this front. I also had a "shimmy" at 75-80 which many owners have reported. A good high speed balance at the local Pirelli dealer (at my own expense) finally fixed this problem. I experienced none of these problems with the Lexus, which my wife still owns and loves (and so do I).

As for mileage, the GS 300 got about 17 in town and 24 on the highway. The Jag gets 2 mpg less on both counts.

I would say my relationship with the Jag S-type 4.0 has been "love-hate". I love the way it drives and the way it looks and feels. And it is a Jag after all. I hate the poor assembly quality although it is improving with age and dealer fixes of the rattles. I will wait and see how the 2002 model is rated in these categories before getting another Jag S-type. I also know what to look for concerning "fit" and quality of the interior components, so it will be quite a bit easier to learn if Jag quality is still improving - which it has done under Ford management up to now.

If I am not absolutely certain of improvements, I will most likely get another GS, perhaps the 430. I do not like the BMW 540, Audi A-6, or the Mercedes 320/430 as well as I do the Jag S or the GS cars, although these are very fine cars indeed.

Hope this helps you guys to make a decision.

Brant
  • mfrank1mfrank1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 4.0 type that posts "Engine in Fail Safe Mode" on the message board on the dash when it is started in cold weather (below 25 degrees). After car has warmed up, message no longer appears upon re-starting.
    Also, the amber engine icon on the dash is continually lit. I have had the problem checked by two dealers, but they can find no problem.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    MF
  • mpyles1mpyles1 Member Posts: 91
    I'm the guy who had to replace his first 2000 S-Type 4.0 after 22 days because it was delivered with a broken engine mount, transmission leak, and switched wheels. The replacement car is on its second transmission, second audio head unit, and third engine control module . . . all replaced within the first 10,000 miles.

It's now got 23,000 miles on it, and here's a longer-term quality update. The ball joints had to be changed because of a recall. The original ones had not been properly heat-treated. Ever since their replacement, the car makes an odd thunking noise going over even minor bumps. When turning on the headlights, the dashboard lights now sometimes fail to come on. Usually switching the headlights on and off a few times will bring the dashboard lights up, but not always. The slide-out drawer that holds the phone no longer raises on its springs. I have to lift it upright by hand and hold it steady with one hand while I punch in numbers with another. The leather on the center console armrest is wearing out around the stitching. And the transmission is again experiencing very long delays (over 5 seconds) in engaging reverse.

By contrast, my 1999 Lexus RX300 remains flawless, and my 1996 Miata has had only one very minor repair (a loose door locking arm). Jaguar/Ford quality is an insult to their customers. I'm on the waiting list for a new Lexus SC430 and will NEVER drive another Jaguar.
  • lisat4lisat4 Member Posts: 8
    I`ve had my 3.0 S-Type for 9-months and 8500 miles. Only problems I1ve had so far is a slight vibration in the steering wheel when cruising at 65-70 mph and a problem with the Cassette Player Ejection. I`am very satisfied with the quality so far and very satisfied with my dealers service dept. I tend to beleive Mercedes, BMW, Lexus or even Audi do not build perfect cars. In the mid-size luxury sedan segment the Jaguar S-Type more than holds its own!
  • mvargo1mvargo1 Member Posts: 298
    plus it better looking than anything Lexus has ever put on the road
    You're right about the looks. I'd just rather not spend so much time looking at it in a service bay.
    Just returned from the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. After studying dozens of luxury cars, Jaguar wins hands down! The winners are in Mid-size luxury sedan the S-Type, in Full-size luxury sedan the XJ-8 and in Luxury sportscar the XK-8 Convertible. These three not only win based on Styling, Quality of Materials, Construction and Structurial Integrity, but they represent the best overall value within they`re respective segments! Lexus thumbs down! Infiniti thumbs down! Acura TL super value within Compact Luxury segemt! Mercedes Benz E320 nearest runnerup to the S-Type, but $6-7,000.00 higher than the S-Type sticker price. Audi A6 2.7 Turbo and Cadillac Seville also decent runnerups to the S-Type. Mercedes Benz SL convertible close runnerup to Jaguar XK-8 convertible! Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition close runnerup to Jaguar XJ-8 sedan. Lincoln LS super value in entry level luxury car! By far and away BEST!-Compact luxury sedan the Mercedes Benz C-Class! Jaguars on one heck of a roll, I just hope they don`t mess it up! This summer they`re coming out with they`re brand new Jaguar X-Type which give BMW-3 series and the Mercedes Benz C-Class a real good run for the money! Keep it up Jag! You seem to really be getting your act together!
    How do you make comparative judgements on "construction and structural integrity" at an auto show other than by accepting the manufacturers' hype at face value?
  • marsha7marsha7 Member Posts: 3,703
    I was driving on the interstate behind both a Ford Taurus and a Jag S-type...please don't shoot me, but the rear end view of the Jag looks too much like the rear of the Taurus...I know that Ford owns Jag, and that some parts are similar to the LS, but why does the S-type look like the taurus?
    Does the side or the front of the S-Type look like a Taurus? Does the S-Type ride like a Taurus? Does the S-Types interior look like that of a Taurus I`ll answer NO! for you, because you and I both know you`ll never see the inside of an S-Type! HA! HA! HA! HA! Eat your heart out Marsha! HA! HA! HA!
    I don't understand the thrust of your post...all I said was that the two cars, from the rear, looked amazingly similar to me...in no way did I imply that they were the same in all aspects, just that the rear view can easily mistake one for the other...once you get closer, you can certainly see the S-Type 3.0 or 4.0, but, from a distance, they look very much alike...please explain why I should eat my heart out, or just explain why your comments were so childish and immature. Thanks for your efforts.
  • jvillejville Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at purchasing the 2001 S type 3.0. What type of price negotiation experience have you had? How much of a discount off MSRP or what % over dealer invoice have you paid?

Plus, has anyone purchased from Matheny Jag in Jacksonville, FL? If so, your experience?

Thanks.
    You should NOT! pay more than $1,000-$1,500 over invoice no matter what! The dealer enjoys holdback of $900-$1,000 on an S-Type 3.0 if you pay more your just giving your money away. Best Jaguar dealership in terms of sales and service is over in I beleive Sarasota. Can`t remember their name off hand.
  • giowagiowa Member Posts: 599
    See you're spending some time here on the S-type site after also hanging out for a while at the Lincoln LS site. Which do you prefer?

Don't worry about lisat4's comment about not seeing the inside of the S-type (#62). You're much smarter than that and would prefer to own an LS8. You'll save $10-20 thousand against the S-type. Sure, you won't have Jeeves the Butler at the dealership, but for what you saved you can fly to England (or buy a piece of it).

And keep in mind that America won the War of Independence, tied the War of 1812 (really a victory), saved England in WWI and WW2, and Ford bought a broke & dispirted Jaguar and since has turned it around. Those once unique Brits are now hard to discern when standing next to their European Union masters.

Just kidding... :)

lisat4 (#58): You are dead right when you state as fact that the LS is a "super value". S-type is a great car but not sure it is worth the money when you compare a loaded S-type 4.0 vs a loaded LS8 Sport or loaded LS6 Sport 5-speed manual. If you are ever in Omaha, Nebraska, or Des Moines, Iowa, area, let me know and we can compare cars. I've got a loaded '00 LS8 Sport. Even with sunroof, 6-disc CD, audiophile sound, heated seats, & Sport Pkg (giving full-size spare w/alloy wheel), she only stickered at $39,400. I paid a lot less.
    I enjoy both sites, as well as about 13 others...like always, some posters impart valuable questions and information, others obviously just couldn't find a date on and haven't had a date in months, so they act like idiots on these boards...altho the LS site has been rather interesting, lately, if you catch my drift
    I'm married with two young kids. I don't have a life. That's why I spend too much time here at Edmunds and ended up here this afternoon.

In defense of the S-type, my wife absolutely swoons over it. We were at grocery store today and pulled into the loading area. There was a light blue S-type 3.0 next to our green LS8. She immediately noticed it and said how beautiful it was. She also loved the Jags at the recent Omaha Auto Show we attended. She loved 'em so much she says her next car has to be the upcoming X-type (4WD based on Ford Europe FWD midsize chassis, which we used to get in USA as Contour & Mystique). I had to pry her away from the Jag stand. She was caressing the wood interior of the S-type 4.0 so much that I thought someone would arrest her for committing an indecent act with an inanimate object.
    Taurus does not detract from the absolute beauty of the S-type from the sides and the front, which are quite unique and very distinctive...I would not mind owning one, nor would I mind owning one of the many cars in whose topics I post!!! :):):)

I, too, am married, so I can "date" any night I want to, sort of...:):):)
  • icdchessicdchess Member Posts: 83
    We have a S-Type message board with about 700 members.

All sorts of new S-Type discussion is ongoing. Come join to

just read or actively participate. It is totally free!

http://www.markofwestminster.com/signup.html

Steve
  • acecertacecert Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone looked at the pieces (okay, this is going to be hard to describe) that are the thick black strips between both side windows (on the exterior). If you look at them with the right lighting (not direct sunlight usually), there are tons of surface scratches. I asked the dealer about them, and they said those strips are a different material than the car (he suggested fiberglass) and that when the car is detailed to remove the white film that protects the paint when the car is delivered to the dealer, it is at that time those pieces are scratched (while buffing out that white protective film). He said replacing the strips would be of little value, because they would just get scratched again when they are buffed out. Take a look at your S-type exterior black strips (I believe all colors have the the color black on the strips) on both sides of the car and let me know...be certain to look at it from all angles and in different lighting. Sometimes it looks like there isn't a scratch on it, but when I turned my car around, I could see many scratches. I see them best in the morning with the garage door open. Any thoughts?

By the way...it's nice reading other's comments about their satisfaction or dissatisfaction with their cars. I love mine! I have the black 4.0 with Almond interior. Once I got over the initial small things that were wrong (my seatbelt buckle was backward, the black trim on my side-view mirrors had a white film that appeared to be left from detailing and was difficult to get off, and my chrome was spotty on 3 of my 4 rims which were all replaced - this was not Jaguar's fault, but the chrome dealer they deal with) everything has since gone smoothly.

Out here in California, I bought my car from a dealer in Santa Monica, but have it serviced locally because the dealer I purchased my car from is kinda sloppy. Penske Jaguar in West Covina, CA is top notch! They truly know the meaning of service. They hosted a catered dinner for new owners, have a large, clean service lobby with a television, newspapers, magazines, electrical outlets for laptops, gourmet coffees, pastries and cookies (which I try to stay away from), fresh fruit - all for their customers while waiting. In addition, they have ammenities that are offered such as free foot reflexology, chair message, taco tuesdays, breakfast with a chef who creates omelets to order, females can have their nail polish removed and applied, tickets to a local movie theatre (while waiting for service), pick-up service of your vehicle for service - that's most of the amenitites. It's quite impressive. At the new owner dinner, they gave away Jaguar door prizes, told the history of Jaguar, had a question-answer session and exploded an air bag so that we could see how that all happens. At any rate, it's a first-class dealer. Check it out at http://www.penskejaguar.com.

Any help on my scratch question would be appreciated. Either my dealer is off base on this one or the cat has a serious problem with sharp claws.

• ezaircon4jcezaircon4jc Member Posts: 793
    My '00 LS has the same thing. It is the "B" pillar on the rear of the front door and the front of the rear door, nest pa? It is rather annouing that a car of this caliber has a piece that will always look scratched. I haven't yet, but I've been toying with the idea of using "clay magic" on it to see if I can make it look better. Mine also looks a little "cloudy" under certain lighting.
  • rm74rm74 Member Posts: 1
    My parents have a 2000 s-type 4.0 and recently experienced an alarming problem with the car's brakes.

Last week, my mother was approaching a yellow light at about 40mph (good weather, dry pavement). She had plenty of room to stop so she depressed the brake, but then the entire car began to jerk violently - repeatedly surging then slowing. She kept the brake firmly to the floor and finally came to a stop well into the intersection. This same problem occurred again about 40 minutes later as she was exiting the highway; as she came toward the light at the end of the offramp (this time at about 45-50mph, again dry pavement), the car failed to slow when she depressed the brake, and it resumed the same violent jerking motion. She again kept her foot to the floor, ended up running the red light, and thankfully managed to swerve through the oncoming traffic before coming to a stop at the opposite side of the busy intersection.

The car was towed immediately to the nearest dealership, but the dealer claims they can find nothing wrong with the car and that no similar problems have been reported by other drivers. Anyone had/heard of similar experiences? Thanks!
    RM
    No, I've never heard of this problem. I would suggest trying a few other dealers to see if they have heard of such a thing. It sounds like an isolated problem because these cars couldn't get away with that behavior if it was widespread. You may also consider how long your Mother has had the car...you mentioned it was a year 2000. If it just started acting up, it would further seem like an isolated problem. Good luck...I would try to call other dealers and see if they have heard of this and also get another dealer to check it out for another opinion.
  • neekerneeker Member Posts: 10
    I'm sure everyone has heard the horror stories on repair and maintenance costs for Jags - not specifically the -type, but alder cars. Does anyone 1) know what the projected maintenance costs are and 2) if they have been in line with your experiences?
  • pathdocpathdoc Member Posts: 126
    After owning Mercedes for a number of years and experiencing decreasing reliabilty and quality I switched to a 98 Jag. XK8 convertible nearly 3 years ago and have found it very reliable needing only routine servicing for the last two years. I am now looking at the 2001 models. I believe ther has been a marked improvement in reliabilty.
  • vhirsch1vhirsch1 Member Posts: 2
    FYI - I live in Dallas, Texas and the dealership I talked to here practically laughed at me when I attempted to get a sales price around the True Market Value. They would basically only come off about $1700 off MSRP (S Type 3.0 w/Power/Memory & Prem Sound Pkg - Discounted Price = $46K). Anyone else get a better offer?
    Also, Re: Jaguar Lease Financing - They supposedly have these great tax credits to bring the overall cost down, but when I run the numbers they give me, they DON'T ADD UP! (What a surprise, given they are owned by Ford!) The monthly payment is off by a good $65/mo on a 48 month lease. They say it is for the Property Tax and that Jaguar says mandatory that they include. All other leases I've done in this area have never mandated it's inclusion. It's one of those "you can include it in the lease, or take your chances with the city and maybe not ever get a bill". In fact, they are actually doing away with having to pay it at all. Anyone had any similar experience with the lease numbers not jiving? Maybe it's the dealership I'm working with?
  • mary00mary00 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2000 S-type with the same scratches described in post #71. My dealer ,Moore Jag. in St. Louts, has ordered new moldings for me which will be installed this week. These scratches are more like stress cracks on my door posts. Both sides of the car have the cracks, but the driver's side is worse, from more use no doubt.
    I have about 5000 miles on this car. LOVE IT!!!!!
    Back in May we formed a discussion forum which specializes in the new S-Type. We now have over 700 members and 80,000 hits, and we have become quite a family. http://www.markofwestminster.com/signup.html

If you own or are thinking of owning an S-Type, you are welcome to join. It is absolutely free. You may choose to just read or, perhaps, participate more actively, but you will find it quite active and interesting. Nobody will try to sell you anything.

Some of us love our cars, others hate them. Some have no problems; other have problems. Some come to see what they should pay for an S-Type. Some come to discuss the beauty of the car (no one disagrees with this). Some come to talk about what options are worth while. There is no aspect that has not been touched upon.

The forum is set up so that people can more easily follow threads and converse with each other. Come join us at http://www.markofwestminster.com/signup.html

Steve
    Post #78 - After you get your new strips put on your car, please e-mail me to let me know if they have surface scratches on them after installation. Again, be careful to look at it in non-direct sunlight. I'd be interested to know...however, I have also noticed not many have commented about this problem. I've been told it's an issue with all the S-type jags. I would also think these surface scratches would be annoying to most jag owners...anyone else notice them on their car? (See my post above for details)
  • rea98drea98d Member Posts: 982
    Acecert, your dealer may just be BSing you to get out of paying to fix it. (I don't know if it's on every car, never owned a Jag :-(
    Take your car to another dealer, and see what they say.
    And next time I see an S-Type parked somewhere, I'll look and see if it doesn't have the scratches.
  • ndlawndlaw Member Posts: 1
    Vhirsch1;

If you are still interested, my local Jag dealer (Bob Williams Jaguar) knocked $2K off the sticker for me right after Christmas.

My lease price ($660/mo.)seems high when compared to the lease of my 1999 Lexus RX300 for similar duration and mileage. However, I think that this is due to the low residual assigned to the car - $21K. According to Jaguar Credit, the car will lose almost 60% of its value in 4 years. If you believe it will only lose 1/2 of its value, you could make $4K on the back end by selling it.
    The most active discussion board for the new S-Type Jaguar, with over 750 members, has a new, easy to remember address: Jagtalk.com. Come visit us and participate or just read. It's free and nothing is sold there.
    You may sign up at http://www.jagtalk.com/
    Steve
  • jaglover01jaglover01 Member Posts: 1
    Message # 54, posted by Mark stated that his S-Type developed an "odd thanking noise going over even minor bumps", after his ball joints we're recalled and replaced. Though my S-Type was taken in for the recall, nothing was replaced. However I have been noticing a similar "odd thanking noise going over big or minor bumps that the dealer claims they can not hear. At first I thought the noise was coming from the front of the car, then later thought it might be coming from the rear .... even the trunk area. I even tried to tighten the screw that hold the spare tire in place, as the noise sounds like something very heavy (i.. the spare tire or battery) teetering back and forth. The more I listen for the noise, the more it sounds like it's coming from the front right side of the car. Have others experienced this? Have others been successful in having this corrected?
  • mjkeen5mjkeen5 Member Posts: 3
    When I purchased my 2000 3.0, I opted to get my own CD player installed (Jag wanted 1200. for a 400. Alpine CD changer!). However, to put your own in, you need a Jag harness adaptor that was supposed to come out about a year ago. It still hasn't come out (apparently made by a company called Peripheral?). Anyone have any success installing a CD in the glove box?

Our car now has 14K miles. No problems other than vibration in front wheels when the brakes are applied at highway speeds.
  • harriettharriett Member Posts: 3
    Whenever our 2000 S-Type sits for 10 days I have to call AAA for a jump. The last time I called the local service manager who suggested we have it brought in for a battery drain check. The check was done & everything was "normal" except for a much needed battery charge. As to the "why" this always happens, here's their explanation. "You are not driving the car enough.. You can't expect any car with this much electronics to sit for even 10 days without running the battery down...We are suggesting you purchase (from us) a battery maintainer that plugs into your cigarette lighter from an outlet in your garage. We are out of them right now but you will have to install another cigarette lighter that is wired in differently for this to work (at customer expense)." I'm not kidding, this is the answer I got. He added that all the cars they sell like Porche & Audi do the same thing and he thought even the Mercedes did the same. This was not the sales manager but one of his agents. I left a message for the sales manager to look into this personally but it's been two days and I've yet to hear back. I talked to my neighbor who owns a new Porche and he travels all the time. Not ever a battery problem. My Mercedes friends have yet to experience anything like this. We've owned two Lexus', two recent Volvo's etc. with no problems. My engineer friend says this is "poor engineering". We are not only perplexed but angry enough to trade cars. Apparently a Jaguar factory engineer is due at our dealer next week to explore these difficulties. I've heard of one local lady who sells real estate and drives her S-Type only two miles at a time. Her battery is always down. I really think this should be a Jaguar expense call back.

B&B
  • braughnbraughn Member Posts: 1
    I purchased the 3.0 SType eight months ago and I really love it. One problem has developed. The wood trim on the doors has faded---completely faded out on three of them; the fourth has lost half its color. The main wood panel on the dash is fine and it is exposed to much more direct sun light. Has anyone else experienced this problem. I thought I would check in here before I take it to the dealer. It would seem to me this is a warranty problem and should be corrected by the dealer. Any advice? Thanks.
    I've never seen the wood fade even on cars sitting on the lot for a few months. However, it should be covered by the warrenty.
  • steve257steve257 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone give me some info on routine maintenance costs on the s-type, also when compared to lexus, bmw, benz, lincoln and caddy, thanks for the input.
  • dl7265dl7265 Member Posts: 1,381
    I can't say Am not surprised I visited a Dallas area dealer to get X- type info, saleswomen said they did not have any even though a salesmen had one all folded out for a customer 2 feet away, when I pointed this out she smiled and said they had none and walked away, I guess arriving there in a BMW did not set well with the BRits , too bad just lost a sale,,,

I know there was a vote on the personal property tax on vehicles i did not hear the outcome, thats how come the've always used ballon notes in the area in lieu of leasing,

good luck
    DL
    the only info available for the x-type is a packet of pictures. If you want one send me an e-mail we have plenty.
  • arcoatesarcoates Member Posts: 221
    That wood fade is a mystery to me. We have a 1995 XJ6, and the wood is still in perfect condition. The car has mostly spent it's life in Florida, where the sun is hot and bright, and it looks like new. The only thing I have noticed is a few cracks on the drivers side door- possibly due to the excessive opening and closing of that door. I would take it to your dealer and demand replacement wood, and maybe even a free CD changer or something. That should not happen.~ A.R.
  • mary00mary00 Member Posts: 3
    #78 and 80. Got my new black door post mouldings a couple of weeks ago. They are flawless. If I were you, I would insist they be replaced. I have looked at the new ones in all types of light and sun and from a lot of angles and they are perfect.
    I am planning to purchase wire wheels for this car-- does anyone have suggestions?
  • rea98drea98d Member Posts: 982
    Never tried wire wheels, but I've heard Dayton 70 spoke wheels (no affiliation) are the best. FWIW, I think they look gorgeous on an otherwise already beautiful car. Other people may say it's hoonish, but if you like 'em, go for it!
    If you have access, check out the 2/01 issue of BBC Top Gear, an English car publication. I leafed thru it at the local Borders Bookstore, which has a great selection of British car magazines. Has a review of the European-spec Jag S-type 4.0L Sport. Even with the J-gate auto shifter, went 0-100 kph in 6.6 secs. Costs about 38,400 pounds in England. Rides on huge 18 inch tyres.
    hello, again, giowa, I just finished posting in the Marauder section to you...nice to see you here...
  • cerocceroc Member Posts: 2
    I have finally decided to buy a Jaguar S-Type over a BMW 530. You just can't beat that gorgeous front end! I was planning on around April, but can easily wait until June/July if the 2002's come out then. Has anyone heard what sort of changes are planned for the 2002, especially rear-end. Is the 2002 worth waiting for?...Tom
    The most active discussion board for the new S-Type Jaguar and now the X-Type as well, with over 840 members, has a new, easy to remember address: Jagtalk.com. Come visit us and participate or just read. It's free and nothing is sold there.

You may sign up at http://www.jagtalk.com/

Steve
  • murrietamurrieta Member Posts: 10
    Can anyone shed some light on the dealer pricing policy of the "S" class using the Ford "X" plan pricing promotion? "X" plan on a Ford is 1.5% below invoice on any new Ford, but I am sure that Jaguar has its own policy for this plan. Suppliers to Ford companies, employees, and members of certain clubs and organizations have access to the "X" plan. The plan as it applies to Ford is a set price under invoice. I used the plan to get a new Mazda and with one call to the dealer and about one day qualifying by joining EAA I had a 2001 vehicle below dealer cost. Ford gives a incentive to the dealer who sells a vehicle under the "X" plan which allows for the reduced pricing. Appreciate any help as we will be buying a 3.0 within the next month.
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    murrieta - 1.5% below invoice is NOT below actual dealer cost. The dealer gets 3% of MSRP back from Ford after the vehicle is sold, so actual dealer cost is invoice minus (MSRP * .03). It is possible that Ford gives the dealer an additional reimbursement to cover the discount. Just didn't want you to think that dealer invoice was the same as actual dealer cost. Buying any vehicle at or below invoice is a very good deal.
    Any Jaguar dealer should be able to take care of you. The plan is very simple just read over the paper work and make sure you are eligable to buy a Jaguar using the plan. Some of Ford's plans only allow for the purchase of Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, or Mazda; not Jahguar, Volvo, Land Rover, or Aston Martin. But as lond as you are eligable any Jag dealer should be more than happy to help you out.

Oh and as a side note the average cost in this buisness to sell a car is $1200 over invoice. Once you account for overhead, floorplan, advertising, and everything else.