Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac DeVille

Comments

• lunar2lunar2 Member Posts: 4
    Greetings All,
    I'm a recent Cadillac owner/2000 Deville DTS/Bronze Mist/39K miles. And I'm thouroughly enjoying owenership! I've made several trips to Cadillac Service for oil changes (every 3K miles) and that's about it. I researched my car purchase for about 2 years, focusing on Volvos, Infinitis and Audis... a sales rep from Lindsay Cadillac in Alexandria, Va suggested I test the Deville DTS...and I was hooked from the first push on the gas. I didn't even bother to test drive the other vehicles. But here's my question... how do you all feel about Cadillac Dealers providing their Service Consultants (the folks we deal with when taking our car in for service)with a company car to drive? It makes sense that these individuals should drive Cadillacs to get an increased understanding and appreciation for the cars and some of the driving/maintenance characteristics and requirements. I look forward to your responses! Thanks!! I WAS SHOCKED WHEN MY SERVICE CONSULTANT TOLD ME HE DRIVES A VOLVO!!
  • hydra2hydra2 Member Posts: 114
    I would guess the dealers are cutting back on offering higer priced cars for employees to drive except for maybe a few of their best performing salesmen. I saw a lot more cadillac loaner cars for customers before cadillacs started selling so well. The dealers don't need to take the hit of selling so many expensive cars as demos when the high demand allows them to sell them as new. Company and loaner cars, when available, often seem to be anything but cadillacs.

Many mechanics and other car service employees are indifferent about the kind of car they drive and would probably prefer bigger paychecks to a company car if they can't have both.

I would be tempted to apply for a job at a caddy dealer if I knew that the dealer made cts, ctsv and the new models coming on line readily available to employees as company cars. A great perk, but I don't know how many dealers would choose to extend it since all of these cars are both pricey and figure to be in high demand.
  • lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    ...has the coolest car - a pristine green 1967 Coupe DeVille! I don't know what the dealer lets him drive.
  • 456ttt456ttt Member Posts: 13
    So after a ton of calls to Cadillac and then to the Presidents office, they gave me (N/C) 3 years or 36,000 miles of free service. I figure that's work maybe $300.00. Still not happy, but at least they did something. I asked for the extended warranty, but they said no to that. End of story for now.
  • davantdavant Member Posts: 294
    I'm one of those folks that defend this country and owned a '96 Deville until a drunk decided to customize/total it for grandma, so we helped her buy a new '03 Deville DHS. She loved the previous one and enjoys this one even more, it's a fine luxury automobile.

The GM site says that military folks get an extra $750 rebate on any GM vehicle car or truck purchase, period. It even says it applies when other rebate programs are in effect.

Cadillac offers a $5,000 rebate to current Cadi owners. We got that without a problem.

Apparently mother GM doesn't make Cadillac's and I'm sure they don't talk to each other. It's an advertising scam folks! The $750 rebate doesn't apply because they're two separate companies both pointing to each other. The dealer agrees I should be entitled to both but it's out of their hands and up to Cadi/GM.

The Cadi customer whine-line line says, yeah, we know, but that's just to get you excited and even admits it is deceiving. They offered no compensation nor apology. I'm not trying to get something for nothing but feel I've earned both rebates fair and square. Anyone have ideas how to fix with/without a judge?
  • 456ttt456ttt Member Posts: 13
    Don't stop !! Call the GM President's office and complainlike the dickens !! I started with the Cadillac Customer Service People and they were worthless. When I went to the GM President's office I didn't get what I wanted but I did get some satisfaction !! Be persistant !!
  • captkevcaptkev Member Posts: 14
    Hi Cadillac People,
                        As you know from previous messages I have a 2000 DTS Deville, which I really like, great car. Except for one persistent problem. The Feature Programing system wont stay on after being programmed each time. My big problem is that every time I stop the car, doors wont unlock; in park,or key off position. I always have to use the manual unlock on door to open. Its in now at the dealer for the third time to be repaired. I know how to reset the system and turn the features that I want to use to the on position, but they always revert back to off. Any suggestions (sensible ones now) from someone out there who has had similar problems. Thanks all. By the way, this site has been very quite lately. Must be summer holidays I guess.
  • sonjaabsonjaab Member Posts: 1,057
    Hey All.........After hearing the "BOSS" complaining about how HOT the blue seats were in "her" 02 Deville. She picked out the 02 BTW! I figured what the heck !
    Went shopping Sat. for a different Deville.

Well, got another base 03 Crimson Pearl ( the 02 was white), light colored int., Bose, roof chromies, XM radio etc.

Looked at the DTS, but she don't like the bucket seats.

Got a great trade in price on the 02, a bit less than what I paid with the GM employee deal.
    So what the heck ! ...............geo
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    What doesn't the "boss" like about the DTS buckets? They're actually the same shape and contour seat as the DTS, but the DTS has perforated leather and the console instead of the leather pull-down spacer between the front seats. Is it the center console she doesn't like? Any way, good luck with your new wheels.

BTW, the Crimson Pearl is my favorite color and is easy to keep clean, relatively speaking.
    She can't have her little hairbag doggie sitting next to her thats why! LOL.............

We checked out a new V-8 SRX. Man what a SCREAMER ! That Northstar ROCKS! She was beating and screaming at me for whomping on it. Man did that baby go!
    That big glass roof/sunroof deal is neat.....$52 Large tho.....
    Heck I wanted a 'Lade ! She liked neither !
    So another Deville....
    The blue interior was TOO hot for her baby on the 02! Heck, only had it 10 months.
    SHE picked out the 02 ! Whatever!
    Peace and quiet has returned almost...Now if I could gag and bind my 2 teenagers!...LOL.....geo
    Hey all- got my DTS back on line.The Dealer found that there was a module in the drivers door that controlled seat and memory settings. Was defective and somehow tied into the feature programing, causing it to crash each time it was reset. System now works great again. Service guy told me the amount of electronics and systems all tied together is really time consumeing to fix. While my car was in the shop the dealer gave me a service car to use, a 2003 Deville. I drove this for two days, highway and city. Now I am not knocking anyone out there with a Deville, but my 2000 DTS seems to be twice the car all the way around. Fuel mileage seemed no different than my DTS,I thought it may be better with the smaller engine. The biggest difference I found was in ride and handling, DTS is a 10 and Deville a 5. Was great to get back behind wheel of my own car afterwards. For the first time in many years its a pleasure to get behind the wheel in a car and enjoy driving it again. Cheers all.
  • pugger1pugger1 Member Posts: 42
    I recently purchased a 2000 DeVille that is in great shape. The odometer reads 65,000 and the Dash top or topper as Cad calls it is coming apart. The only thing that I noticed when I bought it was a small piece on the side that was turned up toward the windshield. I spent some time cleaning the car this week-end and found the dash problem to be larger than I expected. I removed the dash topper and found that the bulk of the top was lose from the base plastic. The site of this caused me near heart failure. I decided to call Cadillac and get some input. The customer service guy was of no help. He said to take the car to a dealer. The dealer that I have in town said sorry but the car is out of warrantee. The part is almost $500 so I would like to have some ideas as to how I might get Cadillac to step up to the plate. Seems like a car of this price and age should not have this problem warrentee or not. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Good to see that prob. fixed !

PUG: BUMMER.....Do you live out West?
    Do you think its from sun warp or defect?

Call the Caddy 800 # and complain nicely !
    Maybe they will step up to the plate and do
    a "goodwill adjustment". Its worth a shot!
    Good luck and keep us posted............geo
    I live in the midwest in the winter and the mountains in the summer. I do not know where the car has been. Sun damage or Defect? I would think that the manufacturing process would take into consideration that most cars are designed to be driven and parked, some times in the sun. It appears to be a poor product that was prone to sun damage. I was really surprised to see how the cap was made once I removed it from the car.

I plan to use the Cadillac web site to get info on the car history. The web site has tons of useful information. I will keep the board up to date. Goodwill from Cadillac would be great. Any ideas as to how one should approach this matter would be helpful. If anyone has a really helpful person at Cadillac that they might suggest one might contact I would be grateful . I would also like to hear from anyone that had or has this same problem.
    I talked to Cadillac several times concerning my de-laminating Dash, over the last several days and the results were fruitless. Goodwill from Cadillac and my local dealer does not exist. I am really disappointed in the GM line as I recently sold a one year old GMC pickup that I was really unhappy with because of cheap interior parts and materials and lack of support from GM, now I find that the cheap materials are extended into the best of the line and GM has no concern. The customer service guy I spoke to gave me the same flat bull as the dealer gave me. Thanks GM for the wake up call. My next vehicle will be out of the GM family and perhaps out of the country.
    Sorry to hear that........
    Suprises me tho...Try calling them back..ask them to speak with the supervisor. Did you buy it from a dealer? If so shouldn't you have a 30-60 day used car warranty from the dealer ?

Well if thats the only problem you have had.......
    Keep bugging them !............geo
  • elkman1elkman1 Member Posts: 1
    i was wondering how i can make my 00 dts run even better,i read some earlier posts on k+n and different exhausts,what is the best way to go? thanks
  • abc246abc246 Member Posts: 305
    I have a 97 DeVille that cranks excessively when the engine is cold, even more so when it is damp it seems. Sometime I can hear backfire during the cranking. The engine seems to start as if it was flooded during “the old days”.

I replaced the wires and plugs and with no improvement. I was suspecting the coils, but don’t think that all of them would go bad. Once the car is started it runs excellent with 0 to 60 times of 6.4 seconds! If the car is warm it seems to start normally. Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

By the way, I have a 91 DeVille that is doing the same thing!
  • badgmbadgm Member Posts: 5
    Sounds like a cracked/clogged fuel injector nozzle (pintle) or gasket. Check one of the other Caddy sites.
    They have a simple check to find out if the injectors have a leak down or bad seal.

If your handy its easy to do................geo
    Hey Guys,
             Anyone have advice to pass on re new tires. My 2000DTS has Goodyear Eagles on now, that I run at 32psi cold with good ride and fair handling. Have to replace soon, and was wondering about Michelins. Have no complaints about the Eagle LS, but one never knows if there is something better out there.
    This site seems pretty slow lately,with not much being posted. Anyone else notice, or is this a common thing every now and then ? Anyhow, cheers to all.
                   capt
    Check Tire Rack ratings. Determine whether you want ultra high performance tires, good wet and or snow handling or just decent tires at low prices.

I have the Michilin MXV4 Plus on my 02. They are ok, but don't have the greatest wet or snow traction. They wear well, however as Michilins often do. They rate higher than the Good Year Eagle LS in everything except snow traction where they are tied with a mediocre score.

I would recommend the Michilin Pilot Sport A/S with a WR speed ratings. Its a bit pricey, but worth it for its superior rating in dry, wet, snow, noise, comfort and wear. Good wear is a bit unusual in an ultra high performance A/s tire.

The Dunlop SP Sport A2 (speed rating HR)is almost as good for significantly less money. It is considered a high performance a/s tire. Its biggest drawback is its wear rating (less than the pilot and the MXV4 Plus, but better than the Good Year Eagle LS.) Its an all around better tire than all but the pilot, but cheaper than all of them.
    Thanks for the info on the tires Hydra. Have not heard of the Michilin Pilot Sport before, but will check it out for price. Made a printout to take around with me when getting prices. (This is my first car with 17" tires) Every where you go, tire dealers all have special deals running for most every size except 17". Going to have to do some price checking around the circuit. Thanks
    Don't mention it, glad to help.

Let us know what tire you choose. Stuff like why you chose it and how it compares to your previous experience (the Goodyear LS)and your specific and overall judgment of the tire is what keeps these boards going.

Besides, the DeVille board has been rather inactive and could use a few posts of interest.

Btw, welcome to the real world of Quality tires. They tend to cost a bit more than the run of the mill off brands that might wear or perform well but usually not both and sometimes neither. Its easy to pay a lot and still not get the best tire for the money (depending on your needs) such as with Goodyear. If you think the 17" size is pricey, check out what people are paying for the 18"-24" editions.
    Xm radio in wife's 2004 Honda Accord has me thinking seriously about getting it in my '02 dts. I now regret not springing for it as a factory installed option.

Does anyone know if the integrated unit offered by the factory with the bose radio (cass and cd)can be retrofitted and at what cost?

Has anyone had this done? Are the fm modulated units that work off cass adapters like the delphi skyfi or roady worth the time effort and money?

Any comments will be appreciated.
  • abc246abc246 Member Posts: 305
    Problem turned out to be the Fuel Pressure Regulator. Thanks "badgm" for pointing in the right direction. I replaced it myself in about 10 minutes! The part cost me $49 aftermarket.
  • heidi275heidi275 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 DeVille and never had more recalls on it than any other car -- in the past 2 months alone, they replaced 4 windshields because of leaks - still couldn't find it - no bulletins on it - back in again twice for a week & a half - they THINK they got it by caulking everything they can think of - waiting for another rain.
    Drove around in a little ol' Chevy each time - altogether they had my my car for about 3 1/2 weeks out of 3 months
    never again - I had 12 Caddys - no more a Lincoln is next - see how many recalls that will have.
  • barry45rpmbarry45rpm Member Posts: 98
    I had a 2000 Deville & had no windshield leak problems. Have had none on my '02 DHS either. Haven't seen any mention about a chronic windshield leak in any of the bulletin boards either. Maybe the guy doing the windshield install at/for your dealer is inept... BTW Lincoln is a Ford product... if you think you've got recall problems go check out any Ford owners forum!
  • marsha7marsha7 Member Posts: 3,703
    the ads, new and used, and have realized that a DTS vs Plain Deville has quite a price differential...new, DTS almost $10K more, used, around $5K more...just what does a DTS have besides bucket seats and floor shifter (I really like floor shifters over column shifters, but I can't believe Caddy gets $10K extra for a new one) over a regular Deville???...or, put another way, just how "stripped" is a base Deville compared to a DTS???...the used car ads have a ratio of about 10:1 Devilles for sale over DTS, so most people have a base DeVille, but, still, what gives???...thanks
    The regular DeVille is referred to as the base trim line the DHS and DTS are the mid and high trim lines. Both have extra gadgets standard and high lux options like night vision and navi and maybe xm radio that are unavailable on the base. The DHS has a few more lux gadgets like window shades, rear seat lighted visor vanity mirrors. It shares its engine and column mounted shifter with the base. The DTS has the floor shifter, a more powerful engine, bucket seats,a nice console, a firmer suspension, different leather, a better stereo and analogue gauges (the base has ugly digital gauges). The DTS is also likely to be equipped with options unlikely to be found on the base like parking assist, memory seats, steering wheel and mirrors, sun roof and chrome wheels. DTS also comes standard with stabiltrak or its a typical option, not sure but I don't think its available on the base.

So its the old story about supply and demand. New or used DeVille shoppers discover that the DTS starts out with a higher price (due to more standard eqpt.) and with desirable options the price goes even higher (like bmw or mb). Even after steep discounts, dealers can still easily charge 5k-10k more for the DTS due to its higher content, demand and scarcity. Base DeVilles are everywhere, if you want the DTS, you have to dig a little deeper.
  • barry45rpmbarry45rpm Member Posts: 98
    Get 1 of the the uplevel cars. The digital instr. cluster is an abomination. The base DeVille's radio is not as good as the Bose in the uplevels. Most base Devilles were rental/lease cars & have very little in the way of extras. The base Deville shouldn't even be sold becausae of its meager equipment level. They all look the same, but wouldnt you want memory seats/mirrors, stabillitrack, a great informative cluster & switches where all the blank switchplate covers on the base deville are. All they do is remind you of what was left off the car.
  • jocko711jocko711 Member Posts: 1
    Cadillac De Ville 2003 with 4000 mi. Trunk leaked,back to dealer 4 times for repair. Leak stopped, now care smells like dirty sock that has been in locker room 6 mos. strong smell of mold and mildew, wife says it makes her nauseous.
    General Motors will take no further action!
  • kadmankadman Member Posts: 1
    just purchased 96 deville with 30,000 miles...noticed a receipt that the previous owner had showing all 4 brakes and rotors redone for $300. dollars...seems odd to me with 30k on the odometer....has anyone else seen a premature wearing of brakes like this???????
    I wonder if you could consult with your local health dept. and/or have fungal cultures taken on your car to see if there is a health hazard besides the putrid odor. It would get GM's attention and could be important to know.
  • martin41martin41 Member Posts: 2
    Hi dasher323,

Used to own a 91 Fleetwood sedan, and the trunk pull down broked, the Cadillac. garage wanted 400,00$ to replace it. So a friend said to me, try a scrap yard. I went, and got one for 45,00$. I replaced-it myself no problems. Regards martin 41
    Hi All,
            Been away on the road for awhile, so thought I would add a little to our forum. As most know I have a 2000 DTS which has as of now 36,000 mi on it. I am really happy with the ride, handling on twisting back roads is wonderful, the Stabiltrac system works well. I enjoy the style and look, interior and sound systems. Couldn't ask for more to suit my needs, and oh yes, gas mileage is really good for this size vehicle. Puts my friends 2003 MB to shame on highway runs. I average 26/27mpg (highway only), running in Goodyear Eagles LS 17" @ 33psi. After all of this I only have one fly in the ointment so to speak, ELECTRONICS! Just as I think they (dealer)have one problem cleared up and everything is running well, bingo, some other glitch turns up. From my previous e-mails I have reported the "Feature Programming" not holding memory or settings, then drivers memory not holding settings next. All these problems were fixed up at no charge to me and a very obliging dealer. Couldn't have been treated better. The only downside of all this service was dropping the car off and being without it for a day or in some cases 2 or 3. Always had a car supplied until my own was done,BUT, this really takes up a lot of time and effort, and you don't know when the car is dropped off when the heck it will be ready. Any way my latest little glitch is as follows; I would be driving along and the TC warning light would come on, meaning that you had no traction control or anti skid brakes working. The entire systems are all tied together so I am told. OK, I would go to the dealer and before I would get there the darn light would go out, and I also found out that the computer does not keep a record in memory of any TC related problems. The service rep told me the only way we would get to the bottom of this problem was to bring in the car when the TC light was on. Finally weeks later I was close to the dealer, light was on and I drove right into the service bay. They linked up a reader with the engine still running, the readout diagnosed a faulty intermittent stoplight switch. Made a appointment, left the car again, they replaced the switch, which did not fix the problem. Finally one smart service rep checked out the rear trunktop stoplight, and found it full of water? No one knows how the heck it entered, but apparently the sloshing water would intermittently short out the led lights array, and consequently the whole system it was tied into. They replaced the trunktop stoplight with a new unit which corrected the system. This was such a weird problem, thought I would share it out there. Meantime I motor very happily along in my DTS,(color Bronze mist),hoping all stays well.
    My previous posts indicated I had a very similar experience with my (former) 2000 DTS. When the car was running without incident(s), the car was sweet (in Crimson red). The problem was that the car had a different glitch and was brought in for service every six weeks on average, without exception. The "coup de cras" was the last time I had it in for service, I found the car three days later in a stranger's driveway on the other side of town, when it was supposed to be at the dealer's. All factors being considered, enough was enough.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,146
    How did you handle the "stranger's driveway" experience with the dealer??? Just wondering...

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Interestingly, when the car was noted by me in a stranger's driveway when it was supposed to be at the dealer service dept., I called my service manager and reported it, that very Sunday. He had given me his card with his cellular phone no. He first had the "that's impossible, it couldn't be" attitude and insisted I made a mistake. When I told him I KNEW it was my car, because I also checked the license no., he investigated it and was half-way apologetic and irritated. He gave me the lame excuse that the serviceman working on the car (yeh right on a Sunday) had just run home "to get a software program for it". Oh puhhleeez, like I really believed that.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,146
    "serviceman working on the car (yeh right on a Sunday) had just run home "

The serviceman didn't have his _own_ car to
    run home? I think I would have made even more of
    stink over that one -- misuse of my automobile.
    If he were to have been in an accident involving serious damage or bodily injury, whom would they sue?

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Believe me I made more of a "stink" than the current post suggests and they lost a customer (permanently) at this particular dealer. I agree with you. The whole incident was outrageous and inexcusable.
  • bozie1bozie1 Member Posts: 1
    My new Deville heater does not heat up the car as my older Deville DHS did. They say the redid the heat vents due to the added feature of airducts in the seats. It is unsatisfactory in cold weather...the steering wheel is hot but NOT the heat coming down on the floor. Has anyone else had this problem?
  • scott1256scott1256 Member Posts: 531
    I saw an article today in the Wall Street Journal stating that Cadillac sales would surpass 200,000 units this year - a 10 year high. This news surprised me: I must not have been paying attention this year.
    There was no model breakdown in the article - is it the new Cadillac models that account for all the increase? I am sure somebody here has access to the particulars.
  • buddhabmanbuddhabman Member Posts: 252
    Can you say Escalade or CTS! Also learn SRX.

I have seen a ton of new Escalades and CTS's and three new SRX's on my commute (101 Ventura)
  • scott1256scott1256 Member Posts: 531
    It does seem these new Cadillacs are stirring up interest. My son is in 3rd year of engineering and he and his buddies talk about the CTS-V, DTS and SRX with real interest.
    The highest sales level in 10 years - this seems to signal a real revival. Only a year or two ago many of us were predicting a continuing decline for the Cadillac brand due to the myopia of management.
    I for one am glad that GM has responded so well and look forward to more exciting models from the wreath and crest marque.
  • tomcat630tomcat630 Member Posts: 854
    "Only a year or two ago many of us were predicting a continuing decline for the Cadillac brand due to the myopia of management."

If they kept making the same cars, yeah, but not now.
  • newcaddyguynewcaddyguy Member Posts: 1
    I am 31 years old and I just purchased a 93 Caddy Sedan Deville with 108k + for mileage. I bought it from a dealer as is with no warranties. I had to move quick as my last car was just totaled. I also don't know cars or anyone in this area who does. My concern is how to find out about trans. fluid history before my acquisition. Carfax shows history, but I need numbers to speak to someone as to verification. No garage wants to touch it, since I don't have records to show when it was last done. Please help!

Shawn Tripp
    Dallas, TX 75287
  • fsmmcsifsmmcsi Member Posts: 792
    Simply change the fluid. Based on my experience with the 4L60E transmision, do not expect more than 50,000 miles from it. If your transmission is original, I would plan on spending $2,000 very soon. You may be lucky, and changing the fluid regularily does help. An old wives tale suggests that replacing old fluid with new will cause leaks. Changing the fluid requires removing the pan, and is a good opportunity to check the grit in the bottom of the pan. The transmission will last longer if you install an aftermarket deep pan, or the deep pan GM uses on the trucks.
  • lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    Does the 1994 DeVille have the 4L60E transmission?
    If so, I did extremely well for the car had no transmission issues for the 96K miles I put on it since I purchased it in November 1993. I changed the fluid and filter every 30K.
  • elvisdtselvisdts Member Posts: 6
    I am the proud owner of a 2000 DTS,nicely optioned and am very satisified with the car.This is the second Cadillac we have purchased, my wifes car is a 94 Eldorado ETC that we bought back in 1996. We like to buy them approximtely 2 years old with 2X,XXX miles on them with the factory certification. Our dealer has provided excellent service on all the problems although we had to push a little on wifes car right before the 6yr/70 mile warrenty ran out , but they put in a brand new long block Northstar (the oil control ring on the #8 cylinder never fully seated). Taking care of us like that has kept me very satisifed with Cadillac. The Eldorado now has over 120,000 miles and we've done a starter under warrenty, a ac compressor and an alternator with only the last two out of pocket.Cadillac may not be a car for everyone, and everyone may not get excellent service but we get our monies worth. We love the smooth, yet powerful 300 hp that passes young punks with authority and the smooth ride and good handling.We get alot of complements on the car (silver with chrome wheels) and it has been well worth the price we paid for it. In both purchases i could have gotten a slightly older, somewhat higher mileage Lexus LS400 for about the same money but i have no regrets. The Lexus is totally DEVOID of any sole or fun and when you review the 15,000, 30,000 60,000 & 90,000 mile maintance cost, you can damn well pay for a few repairs out that. Plus if you were to do the somewhat excessive maintainance on your Caddy if would last alot longer as well. You give me 150,000 -200,000 fairly trouble free miles and i am ready to get a newer one anyway.DTS, it "rides like a Cadillac" Elvis
  • elvisdtselvisdts Member Posts: 6
    I just went back and read some of the older messages. I bought the Dunlop SP Sport A2 for my DTS and i would NEVER recommend them to anyone. My local dealer had to order them and they barely look like they have tread on them when they are brand new and the wear up to this point has been TERRIBLE.I will go back to Michelin and even the original equipment Goodyears were far superior !!! I bought them based on comments i read on line and i wish i hadnt ! Elvis