Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 03qx03qx Member Posts: 91
    We just picked up a 2011 Sienna Limited. Msrp was $ 43,649. Sellling Price was $ 39,900 plus tax. Kids really like the Widescreen DVD and the Leg Rests in the Captain's Chairs.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I'm copying what I posted in another thread a while ago...

The local dealer has 109 Siennas in stock and the median price is just $27,632.
    Just checked and you can't spend more than $39,846. None in the $40s out of 109 in stock.

The dealer is Fitzgerald Toyota, site is fitzmall.com.
  • cracoviancracovian Member Posts: 337
    edited May 2010
    I was happy with Geico for over a decade (not a single claim ever) but they got too expensive and I had to switch. They're sending me a bunch of junk mail now telling me to switch back (for what reason?) Airing all of those commercials must not be cheap... I'm paying $287/six months for our '08 in GA with Progressive (their commercials must be cheaper to make...)
  • katil69katil69 Member Posts: 3
    Try Toyota of Hackensack. I got my quote from Jay Rim and they were ready to work the quote i got over the phone. Also try ZAG.com and they will get you the best price in this area.
  • katil69katil69 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you all for all the information i received in this post. Just purchase Toyota Sienna XLE with Premium package. I paid 36100 + Tax Title and Registration from Toyota of Hackensack, NJ. The dealership was very friendly and they were able to give me the quote over the phone. I configured the CAR on zag.com and then showed that to the dealership. They were able to beat the price zag.com gave me. You can also check truecar.com. The quote truecar has for actual price is their guesstimate. I actually went to all the dealers around my area and no one came close to true cost price from truecar.com. fitzmall.com had the car listed for $300 below the invoice price but it was 3hr drive for me.

Finally i can say i am happy with my swagger wagon..
    Congrats.

The swagger wagon rap ad got 1.8 million hits last week, it's totally gone viral.
  • mcifanmcifan Member Posts: 2
    No such luck with the XLE arriving with Blizzard Pearl. I made a comment to our salesman when he first told me that the interior color didn't get changed per our request, that we'll probably not want to take delivery of it, but that we'd think it over while we considered a different color combination. I went back to the dealership a couple of days later to ask what other similar packaged XLEs the had or were expecting in around the same time. He told me they had a Predawn Gray Mica XLE on the way that was the same packaging. I asked if we could wait till they were both in so that we could check them both out and then decide which one we wanted. He told me that since I "said I didn't want the Blizzard Pearl with gray interior" that he had re-directed it to the Fairbanks Dealership. I asked if he could re-direct it back to the Anchorage Dealership, and he said he couldn't.

At this point I've not received a strait answer from the dealer or their sales people. Their inventory for the 2 Alaska dealerships is on the same website, and I check it nearly every day. There has been no Blizzard Pearl 2011 Sienna arrive into Alaska at all, let alone the XLE that was supposedly sent to Fairbanks. We took delivery of a 2011 Predawn Gray Mica XLE with Light Gray interior. Like I mentioned before, if I had another option for Toyota dealers here in Alaska, I would have taken it. We love the van, just not hip on the colors and definately won't recommend or due business with this dealership again.
  • jacobsmomma1jacobsmomma1 Member Posts: 32
    Hi - What is the MSRP? Is this AWD or FWD? Thanks!
  • jcrawford999jcrawford999 Member Posts: 17
    Thanks for sharing your experience.

We just talked to a Chicagoland dealership yesterday to see if it's possible to order an XLE in Blizzard Pearl. Their "inventory" person doesn't work on the weekend but will check on Monday to see if it's possible to special order it.

I'm not sure if you ever leafed through their paper brochure but on one of the pages there is an SE shown in Blizzard Pearl. It's funny that they have it pictured on the SE even though the footnotes all say that it's a Limited color.

I'll let you know what they say.
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    I also noticed that the SE was shown in Blizzard Pearl but only offered on the Limited for 2011. We were really disappointed that Toyota decided that only those that had deep pockets could get the Blizzard Pearl color.
  • dev_pdev_p Member Posts: 22
    edited May 2010
    I would like to share my experience , Yesterday I went to dealership in NJ to find abt pricing.
    To my surprise they had few customers and many sales guys were waiting.
    But for the price they din't want to come down at all. I was told there are no offers with Sienna.

I usally start with starting price of 2010 odyssey EX which I am getting for 28000 otd.
    They were offering close to sticker price.

Is there anyone who got otd less than 30k?
  • jacobsmomma1jacobsmomma1 Member Posts: 32
    Check in truecar.com. It will give you the 3 lowest price in your area and the dealers that have to honor those prices. You can then leverage those offers to other dealers to see if they will match or go lower.
  • fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    I have checked 2 dealers locally and each one had only about 5 Siennas on the lot. With stock like that, its no wonder they are not dealing. Not sure if there is a shortage from the factory or if these dealers just screwed up on ordering stock.
  • inspectoringinspectoring Member Posts: 102
    Try Rt. 22 autoland. I am currenlty in the process of buying the XLE AWD with no options and they have really worked very well with me so far. Looking forward to picking up the car most likely tomorrow. Their prices were competitive with what I was getting at AMEX. So far they have worked with us very patiently. I will post full report once we take delivery.
  • aprajithaaprajitha Member Posts: 19
    Hi,
    Congratulations on the van. Hope you are enjoying it. When you did the special order, did you have to give some sort of a non refundable deposit. I am trying to special order XLE FWD with a special color and PM package. Dealer wants a $500 as deposit and I am trying to find if this is normal.

Thanks,
  • raketa1raketa1 Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2010
    I special ordered a XLE in mid-March (it just came in and I am picking it up tomorrow). Dealer required a $500 deposit at the time I ordered, which they said is fully refundable if I chose not to take delivery of the vehicle for any reason. I think it is a normal practice.
  • s2kmr2s2kmr2 Member Posts: 28
    Not sure what part of NJ you are shopping but east coast toyota on route 17 in wood ridge (not woodbridge) has tons of LE in every color. You should get all the negotiating done via email before going to the dealership.
  • tscofieldtscofield Member Posts: 2
    I was initially told I would need to leave a refundable deposit, but alas, Toyota dealer never did follow up. So I did not have to put down a deposit on a special order 2011 Sienna here in Houston.

Treytexag
    A friend here at work just got a new 2011 LE model for 26,000 even. MSRP was $29.9k.

She got silver/gray, loves it so far.
    Dealer is DARCARS in Silver Spring, MD.

MSRP was $29,920.

First e-quote was $26,970. She got them down to $26k even. They added a $250 processing fee, plus 6% MD tax, and tags. No trade.

She put $11k down and financed the rest at 3.99%.
    Thank you. I am planning to place an order today. I am being told 4 - 8 weeks. Considering you got it only now, I am expecting 8 weeks.
  • savorasavora Member Posts: 25
    Has anyone bought one yet?
    How much below MSRP?

Thanks. From truecar.com, seeing prices about $700 above invoice.
  • dann80dann80 Member Posts: 18
    Wow, $26k seems to be an unbelievable price. Isn't that even below invoice? For a MSRP of $29,920, I'm assuming your friend got the 8-passenger V6 LE FWD with the towing option. According to truecar.com, the factory invoice in your area (zip code 20904) is $28,012 (which includes $800 destination charge and $592 regional ad fees) and the dealer cost is $27,434 (which basically just subtracts $578 holdback from the factory invoice). So if the dealer sold for only $26k, they would be losing quite a bit of money. Is my analysis here somehow incorrect?
    Hi,
    I'm looking to buy a 2011 8-passenger V6 LE FWD in the SF Bay Area. According to truecar.com, the factory invoice is $27,780 (which includes a $536 regional ad fee) and the dealer cost is $27,202 (which subtracts $578 holdback from the invoice).

Wondering what others in the area have been paying for this trim. According to truecar.com, there's a dealer around here willing to sell for $28,128. Has anyone paid lower? Thanks in advance for any data points you can provide.
  • joefar75joefar75 Member Posts: 46
    After reading hundreds and hundreds of posts on this thread and the Honda Odyssey post, I'm wondering if emailed quotes are the best way to go. Seems like everyone on here loves them. I mean, I think they're definitely part of the overall homework that has to be done, but I dont think it should lead to the final price.
    I emailed a dealer for a price on a minivan; it went on for a few days; back and forth. Price I got was 29500, I asked for $29, and they said NO.
    BUT when I went to the same dealer and put the "DOOR THEORY" into effect; that's when I walk out the door; I got my price of $29k.
  • raketa1raketa1 Member Posts: 8
    I believe your numbers are accurate. No dealer sells a car that's out for 2 months at over a $1,300 loss. Just doesn't make any sense...they've been selling anywhere around a 4-7% discount off MSRP, depending on where your live.
  • joefar75joefar75 Member Posts: 46
    I got 16.5% off of list on my 2010 odyssey.

Beat that Mr. Toyoda!
    edited May 2010
    She forwarded me the original e-quote from the dealer. Let me copy/paste...

She got them down to $26k even but then the fees went up to $250, which in reality brings the price back up. With 6% tax she was out the door for under $28k.

Hi [name removed],

Thank you for your interest in a 2011 Toyota Sienna. Below are the vehicle details. If your request is received outside of our normal business hours, we will contact you promptly the next business day.

Stock# 151030
    MSRP: $29,920
    Special Internet E-Price: $26,970

If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 866-369-4455 or reply to this email. Our Internet prices cannot be combined with any other offer, and include freight and all applicable rebates and incentives, including dealership discounts. Our Internet price excludes tax, tags, and $100 processing charge. The Internet price is based on dealer and factory incentives and is therefore subject to change at any time.

Thank you,

[name removed]
    Internet Sales Manager
    DARCARS Toyota of Silver Spring

12210 Cherry Hill Road | Silver Spring, Maryland 20904 | 866-369-4455

2011 Toyota Sienna LE ePrice: $26,970.00
    Bodystyle: Van Regular Int. Color: Light Gray
    Engine: V-6cyl Mileage: 0
    Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic Stock #: 151030
    Ext. Color: Silver Sky Vin: [removed]C1BS006561

CLICK FOR DETAILS

Note that even their very first e-quote was $464 below what you calculated to be their cost, so their must be some hidden incentives that we don't know about.

She was offered the extended warranty but did not buy yet - she actually may do that, but the deal was not contingent on it.

I'm surprised, too. Like I said there must be some dealer incentives, perhaps in the Mid Atlantic region, I'm not sure.

EDIT: removed all but the last 10 of the VIN for privacy purposes.
    Is Safety Connection option really worth it? We are looking for a xle with premium package (PM) on a specific color. Dealer has the dvd/nav package on this color but the premium package has to be special ordered.

Looks like the only difference between PM and DVD/NAV package is the Safety Connect.
    The catch will be that it requires a monthly subscription.

A lot of people who have OnStar do not renew once the free subscription is done.

At least find out what it will cost you to decide if it's worth it.
    Looks like its $140 for every year.
    Your call, then.

I'd rather have a system that linked to a SmartPhone and used an existing service that's already paid for (or even a work-provided phone that's FREE).
    Guys - just got this ordered. 36300 OTD in NJ - how did I do? I might have to wait for 4-6 weeks but we are getting the color we wanted.
    Any suggestions - is this a good deal?
    What are the recommendations for all season floormats?
    Thanks..
    Congratulations. Did you have to put some sort of deposit when you ordered it? What kind of documentation you got that indicates the price you agreed to buy? We are trying to place an order today and your experience/response would be of great help.
    36300 OTD means the 7% NJ is included in this price? So if my math is correct the selling price was around 34,000 ? This is a XLE AWD with no other options like NAV or DVD entertainment?
  • cjtoyota10cjtoyota10 Member Posts: 2
    I ordered a similar vehicle in central NJ: XLE w/ AWD and no other options other than regular floormats - and paid the invoice price ($32,916). After TT&L, I was OTD at $35,950. But here is the important info: I ordered my car on 3/25/10 and still don't have it! I have the vin #, but my dealer says it is "at the port" and there is some type of delay now. I was also originally told it would be in my hands in 4-6 weeks. Is anyone else who "special ordered" a car having a similar delay in receiving their vehicle?
    Thanks mate...I have heard stories like these. The problem is what some dealers don't tell you is that there usually is a vehicle within your area - its just that they don't do business with that particular dealer or don't want to swap out a vehicle. This is something I have learned as I just spoke with someone today who had the color and vehicle that I wanted for 200 $ cheaper than what I was quoted.

As a side note - anyone curious why the Sienna was never tested by IHSS for roof integrity test? Makes me feel good about not going with limited but why would they specifically leave out one test and then perform every other test?
    I don't think they've tested any minivan yet.

Here are their crash test results for the class:

http://www.iihs.org/ratings/summary.aspx?class=80
    I just read this little footnote -
    "This rating is assigned by the Institute based on a test conducted by the manufacturer as part of frontal crash test verification."

So Toyota conducted the test and passed on the results to the IIHS?
    I have never owned a black color but I keep hearing from people that it is very difficult to clean and that it will fade sooner than metallic colors? Any insight?
    Thanks
  • hutieuhutieu Member Posts: 2
    it seems to be good price if you got 2011 LE 8-Pass 2WD under $27,856. I live in Huntington Beach CA, I just purchased LE-8Pass-2WD for $30.5 OTD(including tax, DMV, doc. fees..) If anyone here wants to purchase Sienna, just have to wait for a while (during Xmas time) the price will drop like crazy.... I can't wait, I need it for my vacation trips during this summer.
    No documentation. I got the invoice price and was about the pay while we noticed the automatic door was an issue. Turns out it was because of a sticker blocking the sensor - but my wife thinks otherwise and therefore we are waiting for another van. Almost went with black - but with black and predawn side by side - predawn wins hands down.
    Correct. Is that a bad price?
    I paid 30,200 for my plain XLE FWD. I was never in the market for a AWD so I don't know their prices. I thought AWDs generally go for 2-3000 more than a FWD - maybe I am mistaken ?
  • hokiehighhokiehigh Member Posts: 16
    I got the same deal another poster reported earlier:

2011 Sienna XLE with carpet floormats, roof crossbar and door sill protector for $30,197; $99 processing fee plus TTL
    color: white/beige

I wanted all season floormats but dealer said they were recalled by toyota, I don't know where else to get them. I also want to buy splash guards, anyone know where I can buy them?

The insurance premium is higher on Sienna comparing with Odyssey, this is the third car on my policy, the premium increase is $544 (Sienna) vs. $407 (similar equipped Odyssey). I suspect this is due to IIHS hasn't officially tested Sienna yet, the insurance rate will go down once tested, hopefully.

Hope this helps.
    Help me understand here. A sticker was blocking a sensor for the automatic door, and your wife wants a different van????
  • jsan202jsan202 Member Posts: 1
    Where did you buy your Sienna at(Dealership/State/City)? I need to get a good deal on an XLE with Navigation and DVD entertainment package, can you help?

Thanks,

jsan202@yahoo.com
    well - let me tell you the whole story.
    She was at home and we went to pick up the van - and when we took delivery - and papers were being signed by my father inside, me and my brother were out checking out the van - and we noticed the door was not functioning when we tried to open it using the button on the head console and the keys.

Then I remembered that this was the same van we test drove couple of days ago and the van had the same problem at the time but we did not care as we were just exploring our options.
    So the dealer told us to come back after the weekend and promised us to fix the door. On the way back I spoke with the wify and she said it was just a bad sign so I called the dealer and cancelled that van and asked them to look into getting us another with the same color.
    Meanwhile I read the post here on the forum that details the exact same problem - which strengthened my suspicion. The dealer called us yesterday and told us that it was the sticker blocking the sensor but I can't really see how that can be the case as we all looked at the van very carefully at the time we were about take delivery and could not find anything at all. Also - when the door was fully open, we could not close it using anything other than the manual push. The door would just stutter but not move. So door not opening and closing - one with very little knowledge about mechanics but who is spending his hard earned cash would be nothing less than hesitant to take delivery. And someone like me, would just outright deny the delivery.
    what was your price before tax, title and fees?
    Ah, now I understand. I would have done the same.

I have made the mistake in the past of taking a new vehicle and getting a "will fix" in writing for later. Fixes did not suit, but then stuck with the vehicle.