Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• valerievvaleriev Member Posts: 47
    thanks,
    I looked thru several pages of forum, and could not find the contact for kansas dealer for the 100K/8yr $0 deductible wty.
    Can someone pls IM me the contact info (or does edmund not hv IM features?).

Best quote so far for XLE AWD is a couple hundred above inv in chicagoland. (only tried 3 dealer so far). But $400 extended seemed to be "it".
    thanks t_m...
    the dealer said its $400 per year, total $800 for the extra 2 year. Is that right?
  • t_mt_m Member Posts: 9
    The contacts and full pricesheet for the kansas city dealership are in this forum: http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f1541e2?displayRecent.

The autocare agreement is NOT per year. I paid $360 for both extra years. The dealer is ripping you off.
    aprajitha,
    can u tell me which dealer? I think 500 below inv for XLE premium is great. Best on zag is 300 below inv for chicagoland.
    Did u also get the extnd wty from same dealer?

U can just provide dealer name (no need salesman- since that is not allowed). tks.
  • sanjay_ssanjay_s Member Posts: 2
    We bought today Sienna V6 XLE FWD in Chicagoland with options: Entertainment (EY), Navigation (NV) & Carpet Floor Mats W/Door Sill Protectors for $34,700/-. (plus 2 year free pre-paid maintenance from Toyota)
    My Trade-in value $3k which CarMax estimated for $2k. So total cost $31,700 + tax, title & doc.
    Dealer arranged financing for 3.19% for $0 down.
    We were looking for Predawn Gray Mica color & very few dealers had options we were looking for. Many dealers said they will order this color or exchange with other dealers but no one could guarantee van will come by this month end.

Hopefully made a good deal….
    edited June 2010
    "We bought today Sienna V6 XLE FWD in Chicagoland with options: Entertainment (EY), Navigation (NV) & Carpet Floor Mats W/Door Sill Protectors for $34,700/-. (plus 2 year free pre-paid maintenance from Toyota)
    My Trade-in value $3k which CarMax estimated for $2k. So total cost $31,700 + tax, title & doc.
    Dealer arranged financing for 3.19% for $0 down. "

thats unlikely.....that's 4K BELOW invoice....i would like to know the dealer too. :)
  • sanjay_ssanjay_s Member Posts: 2
    I bought it from Northbrook Toyota. BTW Elgin Toyota gave $34,500/- + 2.5k trade-in offer but didn’t have the color in stock so said they need to order it. Also CarMax have listed it for $34,998.

So i started negotiation with Northbrook on Saturday from $34,000 & closed it for $34,700/- today.
    edited June 2010
    sorry. I think I was pricing the AWD.
    I think u got a gd price. :)
    I usually use zag . com as a start/guide.

I might just go for the FWD. Had my mind set for the AWD before. But I hv tried a few dealers and none will budge since demand is greater than supply.

I did ask Elgin for AWD before - non in stock either.
  • rke1rke1 Member Posts: 3
    Hello - Any suggestions on dealers offering XLE FWD in the NY / NJ at or below invoice. The best quote is $350 below invoice(From True Car) but they are taking on about $500 for Doc Fee and Etching Fee. Is it better to wait for the July 4th sale or close the deal by this month end. Thanks.
  • namariasnamarias Member Posts: 11
    Hello all
    I recently purchased a Sienna with financing from Toyota.
    I would like to share the details of the buying process and some of the learnings.
    FYI
    I bought the base version 3.5LV6 7 seater (not LE). I got extended warranty, additional 2 year (in addition to the first 2 year free maintenance) from dealer and GAP insurance all with 0% down at 4.4% interest rate for 60 months financing.

I would love to share the details and help fellow users here.
    Edmunds greatly helped in getting a favorable negotiating price for my car.

Cheers...
    Sai
    Hi Sanjay,

can u pls email me the name of your salesperson? thank u v/much.

sydney2102@aol.com
  • mozartmanmozartman Member Posts: 19
    jay164,

Did you really buy 2011 Sienna LE V6 for $26,289?
    The best "internet price quote" I got here in metro Detroit is $27,250.
  • lonnie4lonnie4 Member Posts: 11
    Okay, I shopped arouind for 5 months and finally decided on a 2011 Sienna. I LOVE IT! Don't know if I paid too much...maybe I didn't need extended warrenty... but I bought it all by myself and I tried my best! One dealer wouldn't budge on price and kept saying this is a one time deal. So I walked out. Next day went to another dealer and asked if they could make me a better offer. They did. And face it.. the 2011 just came out right? And they aren't gonna deal too much? I paid 25,000 with trade in. I traded in my Avalon. I probably could have gotten more... but I don't negotiate well. A man at work was kind... he said that I only negotiate every 6 years.. the sales man negotiates 3 times a day. It made me feel better. But all in all my monthly payment only went up 20 dollars. I haven't bought a new car since 1995. I wanted to do this before I retired.

Thanks for listening and all the advice I asked for prior to buying.

Lonnie
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Congrats Lonnie. Glad you're happy with it, enjoy!
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    Congratulations on your new Sienna. Enjoy your new ride.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter for a major daily newspaper is looking for someone in the market currently for a minivan or soon to be in the market. Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by July 7, 2010.
  • mastergunnera8mastergunnera8 Member Posts: 23
    edited July 2010
    Thanks to everyone here!!!!

Thanks to this thread (and this post) Got my deal on a 2011 Sienna LE 8 passenger from DARCARS Toyota Scion in Silver Spring MD. What a great buying experience and price!!

My sticker was 30244 and we walked out the door driving for less than 27500. BTW my state has 3% sales tax. That killed everyone else around..my salesperson was BT (PM me for info) and it was exactly what we were looking for. My wife didn't know which interior color to pick, so BT had 2 cleaned up and sitting there side by side for her to choose...she went with the bisque (white exterior) .

This is a replacement for a 2004 Sienna that had 90K on it, so no trade...We listed localy on Craigslist and it was sold in a week!!

Thanks again!!!!
    Posted by mastergunnera8:
    "My sticker was 30244 and we walked out the door driving for less than 27500"
    ==========================
    mastergunnera8,

Just curious, but why the sticker price was $30,244? According to Yahoo and Edmunds
    LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
    MSRP price is $28,900
    Invoice price is $26,444

http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/sienna/2011/index.html
    http://autos.yahoo.com/2011_toyota_sienna/

I am thinking of buying LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A) and the best price quote I got is $27,250 in metro Detroit.

Thanks.
    You have to add the $800 freight, then floor mat package and towing prep...
    mastergunnera8

Do you mean that $27,500 included $800 delivery charge, floor mat package and towing prep? If that the case then it is great price.

I understand $800 delivery charge is mandatory, but do I have to buy mats and towing prep?

Also, I am thinking of trading my 1996 Avalon with 122,000 miles on it. Do I have any chance to do that?

Thanks.
  • vudude101vudude101 Member Posts: 2
    Can someone tell me what price they bought at out the door and where? Pls provide detail on the based model sienna, just a v4 engine and that's it... I got quoted:

Base 2011 Sienna 4 cylinder model without any options, $23,680 + tax license.
    edited July 2010
    That was the driving out the door price; Car+Freight+Tax+tags/title+$100 process fee.

Around here (No. VA / MD) most all of the LE's have those 2 options already on it...

I sold my car on craigslist...sifted through the lowballers, but got a buyer within a week..it's all in the price you put on it compared to the other listers, and the condition etc and how fast you want to move it...I put mine at 200 under kelly blue book private party price, and all of the vans comparable to mine were at least 700 more, and with more miles...but I wanted to get it done quickly...my credit union also lowered their auto loan interest rate 1 whole point to 2.99 the day that I went to purchase...bonus!!!

PM me if you want the name and contact info of my salesperson, he was the best I have ever dealt with, NO BS...price quoted by email was honored...

Good Luck
    edited July 2010
    How do I PM on this forum? I can't figure this out. Can someone help me, please?
    click on my profile and use the email there...I'm not sure how to PM...maybe you need a certain amount of posts...
    mastergunnera8,

I was clicking on your profile but I didn't see email. Now this time it was available.
    PM sent.
  • apprehensiveapprehensive Member Posts: 14
    Wondering if this is complete bollocks or something legit. We wanted to check out the new sienna as we had to pick up a part from Toyota dealership. The salesperson told us that we can turn in our TMC lease up to 6 months early with no penalty or cost if we buy or lease a new Toyota. I wasn't able to dig for info as our kids were getting a bit crazy but he counted the months we had left (6 payments) and said the ~$1500 in remaining payments would not be included in any new deal. I have an EXTREMELY difficult time swallowing this! I asked him if it was a lease turn in or trade in and he said turn in. We are on pace with miles but I'm confused about that too, what if we rolled previous payments into the lease, what if we prepaid for extra miles. This seems impossible to be real.

Has anyone (especially Toyota employees) heard of anything like this?

Thanks
  • rlmiller9rlmiller9 Member Posts: 48
    I have heard of this in the past with GM and did it once 3 months early. The beauty for me was I was a bit over on the miles. Not positive I got a great deal or not.
    The question to me would be can you make your best deal on a new car then spring the get out of the old one on them? Or would you be required to tell them up front about the 6 months remaining and then they would take that out of the price negotiations on the new car?
  • boomerrang16boomerrang16 Member Posts: 3
    Also got it from Darcars for $26,400 + $100 (processing fee) + tax/tag/registration. I emailed and asked for the bottomline price. Their initial offer was $26,900. All thanks to the people who posted on this forum.
    Posted by boomerrang16:

"Also got it from Darcars for $26,400 + $100 (processing fee) + tax/tag/registration. I emailed and asked for the bottomline price. Their initial offer was $26,900. All thanks to the people who posted on this forum."
    --------------------------------
    Hi boomerrang16,

Some questions for you,

1. Was $800 delivery fee included in that $26,400 price?
    2. Do you live in MD or another state? If you live in another state, where did you page sales tax, MD or your home state?

Thanks.
  • boomerrang16boomerrang16 Member Posts: 3
    It was $26,400 including the $800 destination. Russel Toyota tried to add $800 at the end (which is a pure BS). I think bigger dealers (like Darcars) at the end of the month have more room to play compared to smaller ones who are trying to deceive and nickel and dime you at each step of the purchasing process. Darcars charged me the sales tax of my residence. You have to provide your driver's license to prove your residence and they charge you accordingly.
  • toyota2011toyota2011 Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2010
    Midwest Ford-Lincoln-Mercury
    1100 East 30th
    Hutchinson, KS 67502

Is this the Midwest Superstore that everyone is writing about? Please let me know. Thank you !!!! I want to make sure I get the right place.. and what is extended maintenance? Someone wrote about having the extended warranty and getting money back for the unused portion but had had oil change that deducted from it.. Is that not what extended maintenance is? What does extended maintenace cover? thanks.....a bit confused
  • kingofnothinkingofnothin Member Posts: 14
    It is the same place I used to get the best price I could find on the extended warranty I bought for our Sienna. Midwest Superstore actually has the Ford Lincoln Mercury division and the Toyota division. I looked at my paperwork and it states Toyota Midwest Superstore with this same address. Contact J**** J****** the special finance manager for assistance. Our deal was sealed signed and delivered a few weeks ago and we got the legitimate paperwork with our extended warranty certificate straight from Toyota just a few days after that. Good luck!
  • toyota2011toyota2011 Member Posts: 5
    Thank you Thank you Thank you! :blush:
  • rightpricerightprice Member Posts: 2
    OTD 27,200. tax rate 3.0, dealer in MD, thanks a lot to people on this forum.

Good work.
  • nlproductionsnlproductions Member Posts: 25
    What was the MSRP and what if any additional options did it have?
  • rightpricerightprice Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2010
    Sticker is a little over 30k, msrp is 28K+, no other option(matt, door sill protector counted?)
  • gwrace1gwrace1 Member Posts: 24
    edited July 2010
    I used truecar.com to search dealer prices all over the country when I could not get the option packages that I wanted in the Gulf States region. I ended up purchasing our Sienna SE in Georgia even though we live in Texas. It should be delivered in a week or so. We optioned it out in Predawn mica with SE, MR, TO, CF, IPOD adapter, Window Tint, for about $578 below dealer cost. (not invoice) Even with the $500 to ship the van to Texas it turned out to be what I feel is a great deal and saved us about $2000 over Texas prices. MSRP was $35357 final selling price was $31338 +TTLShipping. With the 2 years free maintenance as a bonus I think I did alright. Van was manufactured on 6/22/2010 and has 3 miles on the odometer. It took a lot of searching and I hope all the work paid off. We will only know for sure once the van is delivered to our home.
    can someone pls tell me why is the xls premium package more that a nav and res package add together for an XLE?

ENTERTAINMENT PKG (EY) $2,495
    XLE NAVIGATION PKG (NV) $3,295
    PREMIUM PKG (PM) $6,225

you would think PM should be cheaper than EY+NV ?
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    PM includes EY + NV + extra goodies.
  • aprajithaaprajitha Member Posts: 19
    think the only difference between "PM" and "EY+NV" is the safety connect.... I do not see any other difference based on the package description....
    I did compare and don't see much difff. If thats that case, why is the price so diff.
    The strange thing is the dealer around only has PM in stock.
    none with EY+NV....

Just want to justify the extra $500.
  • jeb3779jeb3779 Member Posts: 16
    2011 xle 8 passenger 2wd with carpet mats and 1499 DVD (not the dual screen) for 31,893 plus tax Is this a good deal? We r leasing at 384 per month plus tax no money down
  • pjt4pjt4 Member Posts: 7
    anyone bought 2011 LE in bay area?
  • key4871key4871 Member Posts: 13
    Anyone that got the Nav regret getting that option??? I've ready a lot about how to make an override disk, but seems a lot easier to just buy a garmin.
  • aprajithaaprajitha Member Posts: 19
    If the nav package was just the GPS, sure would have gone for the GARMIN... Garmin touch is way above the sienna.... bu the nav package not only comes with the gps but also with a set of other options...not sure if there is a way to get them without the package... (Panorama camera including integrated backup camera with regular and wide angle views and on-screen backup guides; JBL AM/FM/MP3 4-disc CD changer with 10 speakers; XM Radio with XM NavTraffic and 90-day trial subscription; Auxiliary audio jack; USB port with iPod connectivity; Hands-free phone capability and music streaming via Bluetooth wireless technology; Smart key system on all doors with push button start and remote illuminated entry; Chrome accented outside door handles; Rear parking sonar NOT AVAILABLE with PM.)
  • jacobsmomma1jacobsmomma1 Member Posts: 32
    I do not regret getting it but I only had a Tom-Tom before. I also think it's worth it because of all the features that came with the Nav package.
  • jcrawford999jcrawford999 Member Posts: 17
    We initially had a tough time deciding on the Nav package as well. It actually wasn't the Nav itself but it was all the other options bundled with the package. We did decide to get the Nav on our XLE and have so far been happy with it.

At invoice price, the whole Nav package on the XLE is about $2,700. We figured the built-in Nav with voice control and integrated backup camera is worth around $1,200. So the question is whether the 3 other major bundled options were worth $1,500 (JBL, SMART Key, backup sonar). The JBL system sounds much better than the Bose system in my Acura. I had my doubts about the SMART key system but it has started to grow on me. My wife loves it as she no longer has to dig the key out of her purse. The backup sonar on the other hand is just redundant, as the backup camera on the Nav can guide me to within an inch of the rear bumper. I really wish they had moved the rear sonar to the front.

By override disk, I assume you mean the inability to program the Nav while the car is moving. Well, you can actually program the Nav using voice control, it just takes practice. If you use your Nav ALL the time, you will probably be happier with a Garmin. The Toyota interface is clunky and is probably akin with a previous generation GPS, but the positives are you have a 7-inch screen, you have voice control, you have a full-size backup camera screen, and you don't need to take down your GPS every time you park.
  • iluvabargainiluvabargain Member Posts: 1
    Just wanted to thank you all who posted before me! I came home last night with my new LE for an amazing price. It took going to 4 other dealers but Ourisman Toyota in Fairfax, VA blew everyone else in NoVA away. They had an internet price I saw yesterday morning of $25,667 (MSRP $29,920). I called an asked if they would give me that price, but also include floor mats and roof cross bars. They agreed :)) When we got there he already had the paperwork drawn up with the correct numbers; no games were played. We drove off having paid $25,667 + $800 freight + TTL = just under $27,500. They also beat our credit union rate with 2.99% and that also made us eligible for the $500 military rebate. Score! Also paid for the 7 yr/100k ext. warranty for $1200. All in all I am thrilled. Thanks again everyone!!
  • cro372cro372 Member Posts: 11
    We received a price (not including TTL) of $31,649 for an XLE with rear entertainment. This is $1450 below invoice and think it's a decent deal.

We want a black exterior, and think we want the light grey leather interior, but have not been able to see it in person, as the dealer only has beige leather in stock. Can anyone comment on the looks of the grey leather?

Thanks!
  • 12bdriving12bdriving Member Posts: 24
    We are buying a XLE in silver with the light grey interior. Having driven both, the big differences are that the overall color scheme matches the top panel of the dashboard better. The drawback is that versus a charcoal carpet, the light grey actually has a lighter grey carpet. That surprised me the most.

The steering wheel is also very light colored on the light grey, not sure how that is going to hold up over time? Sweaty palms?