Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• shiboskishiboski Member Posts: 7
    I was just offered the XLE FWD w/ DVD for $32,400 OTD. This sounds like a really good deal, but I just want to make sure. Also, is there anything I should ask that they throw in? Extended warranty? What else do most dealerships throw in with very little nudging?

Thanks for the help all!
  • madipacmadipac Member Posts: 21
    Can you please email me the address where you bought it from madipac @ yahoo.com? That is a very good deal. Thanks
  • cro372cro372 Member Posts: 11
    Sounds like a great deal!

We're working on purchasing a similar vehicle. Can you break down the pricing for us? Specifically, was was the cost of the vehicle, as the OTD price varies by dealer fees, taxes, etc.

Thanks!
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    How much of that $32,400 was tax, title, fees, etc?
  • cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Please accept my condolences on your loss.

To find the best possible price on any Toyota, just visit the Fitzgerald webiste - fitzmall.com. You may not want to travel there to buy but it will give you a clear understanding of rock-bottom pricing.

So far as I know, Toyota does not offer any type of maintenance agreement for their vehicles.

You will pay the sales tax rate for the state where the vehicle will be registered, not the state in which the sale transaction occurs. In your case, that would be 7 percent.
    Price: $29,660
    Doc: $599
    Taxes (Dekalb County GA @ 7%): $2,118
    Title: $23
    Total: $32,400

Is there anything else I should be asking for? Is this deal even possible? I'm planning on buying it Friday morning, so wish me luck!
  • beethoven1beethoven1 Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2010
    Hi guys,

We had been looking for two Sienna's in the past a few days and got a lot help and info from here. We just made our purchase of two Vans yesterday. We got a decent deal in MI and I would be happy to share with you guys. I think it is a good news for Midwest guys.
    I will provide as much as possible info. for your guys to get an idea.
    Note that for LE models seem like that the roof rack is included.

Van1: 2011 Sienna LE V6 8Pass + floor mats + roof rack cross bar.
    MSRP:$30,184
    Van2: 2011 Sienna LE V6 8Pass + floor mats + Towing prep + Antitheft
    MSRP: $30,439

Offer:
    Price: $26,900
    CVR Fee: $24
    Doc Fee: $190
    Tax: $1,626.84
    Title transfer: $15 (if you want a new plate you will need to pay $175 here)
    OTD: $28,763
    This is the offer I obtained for BOTH cars. I let my buddy took the anti-theft one since he lives at a bad place, lol

The dealership is Draper Toyota at Signaw, MI.
    I directly negotiated with their manager Darrel and settled down the deals (model, opts and OTDs) over the phone. I suggest you do that too if you are not at their local area. When we went there, a sales man called Bob worked with us and we finished the purchase. Bob is a nice guy. He has good manners.

I mentioned that I will recommend their dealership to other people, but they said they are not really excited about it unless and I add $1,000 before I tell you guys. Good joke, haha. Tell them that you want Alex's deal and both Bob and Darrel will recall, since I did quite a bit negotiation with them.

I'd also like to be straightforward with you guys. If you make the purchase with them and mentioned my name Alex, I will contact them and try to get a scratch card and get from $50 to $250 (with different odds, of course). Tell you what. I will be happy to share the reward with you after I get their check. Actually I do not really care. As soon as you get a good deal, I am happy. I just want to help back here.

Here are the take home messages:
    1: A decent deal is definitely OBTAINABLE in the Midwest area. People like madipac, mozartman and others, please just keep looking. before you get a good deal, do not settle. Most dealerships here are bad asses but there will be some reasonable ones.

2: Be straightforward in your negotiations and it will save you much time. What I do is having my offer and asking them, deal or no deal? And that's it. I spend a total of 4 days (2 days for research, and 2 days for deal hunting).

3: To do #2 you need to do some research about price. Since I am a researcher at a University, I make mathematical models. By collecting buying price data and the MSRPs of many deals and building a regression model, my conclusion is that:
    Your price before TTL should be 86% to 90% of your MSRP (in our case it is 88.3%). This is VERY IMPORTANT since different models with different options have different prices. This tells what you should looking for regardless of the model.
    Do not let the dealers confuse you.

4: do NOT do business with Spartan Toyota. They are pure as*holes. They told me that they will beat my offer by $200, and ask me to come. We went there and after 1 hour, the come with a $2000 more offer and ask us to accept it. They tried to confuse me between Invoice price and MSRP, played the tricks of Dest Fee, Doc fee and many other things. Give me a break. This is not yet the end of story. After I left, they contacted Toyota and complained about my offer from other dealerships.
    They try to break your offer. Keep up the altitude Spartan Toyota!

5: In case you wonder: I think my price is obtainable even if you buy just one Van.

6: Our deals are not yet as good as Darcar's deals, but Maryland is just too far.

Hope it helps and Good luck to all you guys.
    If you have questions, please replay this message and I get it.
  • 018030018030 Member Posts: 2
    I am in the boston area too. Just got my 2011 LE AWD @ ira in danver for 27500 want me to prefer you there ?
    Thanks for all the info. I will contact them and see what they say. Also, I had bad experience with Spartan and they did not call me back. Left two messages as I had bought my last vehicle from them. I also had a very bad experience from Victory Toyota on Michigan Ave in Canton. They wanted me to pay full price just 750 discount from MSRP on a 45K Ltd car.....I made an appt before I went their as I did not want to deal with all the BS....

Once again thanks for all the info...
  • floridain33543floridain33543 Member Posts: 2
    Visited several different dealerships looking for XLE.

Here is the best I was able to get in my area. The worst is the PM (Nav and DVD) package as many have MSRP of 40K and most dealer were not having good deal on that. The best deals were on the LE model as all the dealer ask me to get an LE.

Now there is not too many XLE in the area and I was only able to get about 3K or 4K under MSRP on the XLE.

I believe prices has been moving up since car sales is trending upwards since mid 2008 (one of the worst years of 9 million car sold)

Base XLE (with MSRP of 338xx)
    30500 + TTL

XLE with DVD (@ Toyota of Tampa Bay)
    32400 + TTL (under 35K OTD)

XLE with PM
    37500 + TTL
  • peteryguopeteryguo Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for your information. $27500 is the OTD price? how did you do finance? what APR you were offered? Thanks again.
  • cro372cro372 Member Posts: 11
    Sounds like a great deal!

Which dealership did you receive such an offer?

The best offers I've received in the Atlanta area are 32,338 for an XLE with Entertainment Package (EY), Window Tint and Floor Mats. Alabama dealers (where I live) couldn't come close to this number. As far as I can tell, the price that I received is $1200 below invoice.
  • key4871key4871 Member Posts: 13
    Just came home with our new van from Performance Toyota in Fairfield, OH. They even matched the ext warranty from Midwest Toyota!

MSRP: $45,119
    $40,044+TTL

Thanks for everyone's help with info!
  • omktidomktid Member Posts: 2
    Just signed up for a base XLE AWD with no other options + roof rack, floor mats and door sill protector and 2 year free maintenance for $31197 (out the door 32557). Did I get a good price?
    If you got 5K off MSRP, you got a good price.
    Ok...so I just bought the XLE. Here's what I got:

- Base XLE
    - DVD installed by Toyota (i.e., not the Entertainment Package)
    - Toyoguard Protection
    - Mats

$32,400 out the door ($29,660 + $599 doc + $23 title + $2,118 tax)

Is that a good deal??? Thanks!
  • monkeyshiftmonkeyshift Member Posts: 87
    Congrats, seems good. How much was the dealer installed DVD? What was included in the 599 doc fee?
  • bigdaddysiennabigdaddysienna Member Posts: 3
    JUST GOT MY SIENNA 2011 XLE, FWD, $2495 ENT. PACKAGE, MATS, CROSS BARS FOR $31,588 +++. I LIVE IN NC, MY COLOR IS GRAY MICA W/ BISQUE !! I KNOW $31,588 +++, THATS NOT A TYPO I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT. I CONTACTED EVERY DEALER IN NC & VA, TO GET THIS DEAL. I ORDERED IT AND AM VERY HAPPY. HAD 2 WAIT 8 WEEKS FOR THAT COLOR COMBO, BUT VERY GLAD, I DID!! DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY MOST DEALERS ONLY HAVE GRAY INTERIOR SIENNA"S?
  • shamlishamli Member Posts: 2
    bigdaddysienna ,
    can you please tell me the name and address of the dealer. I am looking to buy the same model with same options.

Thanks,
    I like to thank Alex and Ksan1 for their help in letting us buy an XLE with Entertainment package in MI for a very decent price. I was comparing with Performance Toyota and in the end I am picking up the car from Draper Toyota in Saginaw...Closer to home and easier. I would higly recommend both Mike Welsh from Performance Toyota and Bob Church from Draper Toyota, Saginaw, MI for their pricing and NO BS. Picking up the van on Monday. Here are the details.

XLE +Enetretainment Package+Mats+Roof rack+ Cargo Net in Salsa Red and Tan interior is $32500 + 190(doc fee)+24 (reg fee)+tax= 34699.84(OTD)

Thanks a lot for members of this forum who helped me for getting this deal...

Thanks a lot...
    I got it from Team Toyota in Lithia Springs. Email me at Yoisele @ gmail.com and I'll give you the salesperson.
  • peteryguopeteryguo Member Posts: 4
    Man, I am still waiting for you response. Hope you can log in back soon. Of couse, if that is a good deal, you definitely can introduce me there. Thanks for your sharing.
  • meetme25meetme25 Member Posts: 13
    I live in the Bay Area and here's the quote I've got so far

2011 Sienna XLE PM package:

MSRP: $39,524
    Dealer Invoice: $35,922
    I can sell this vehicle to you $100 under my invoice.

Any comments?
  • lsouterlsouter Member Posts: 13
    From the help of those on this forum, I have been getting good quotes on an 2011 XLE+NAV and XLE+PM (we are still deciding which one to choose).

So now I am trying to figure out how to get a good price on an extended warranty. The quote I got so far was 6 yr/100K $1200 and 7 yr/100K for $1300. I think this is too high. Anybody else have some better quotes? What's a good price for a 6yr warranty? Any negotiating tips would be greatly appreciated.
  • monkeyshiftmonkeyshift Member Posts: 87
    What's that lease at, with a cap of 35,822 for 36 months/ 12k miles/ with only OTD fees on tier one credit? Also, need black on grey.
  • grego123grego123 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2010
    Anyone know if there are any dealers coming close to the Truecar certified price of $32,300 before tax, title etc. in the New York (Westchester county) area for this vehicle? This is $500 above invoice. Many thanks.
  • grego123grego123 Member Posts: 2
    Great price. I am looking for the exact same configuration. Was this in stock?
    just bought mine for $890 7yr/100k. Guy at Performance Toyota said that was $50 above cost. Midwest Toyota seems to have the best price, i was able to get a price match.
  • pax2upax2u Member Posts: 12
    Just bought the following: New 2011 Sienna XLE FWD with Navigation Package, floor mats with door sill protectors, wheel locks, and cross bars on roof rack. MSRP: $36,850ish. OTD: $34,400. Selling price was $32,400 + TTL & fees. (county tax: 5.1%) It had 2 miles on it before we test drove it. It arrived on Thursday (a wonderful fluke that the exact model/options we wanted appeared on their lot...very close to our home)/bought in on Friday.

We searched coast to coast for over a month, getting quotes from over 50 dealers (both those who had our exact options/color combination on their lots and those who 'could get it within a week'). All but two said there was no way they could offer the vehicle for $32,400, much less OTD of $34,400. The two that offered the same OTD of $34,400 were Jack Safro Toyota (http://www.safrotoyota.com/) and Heiser Toyota (http://heisertoyota.com/) - both in the Milwaukee area (Milwaukee, WI). I won't say which one we went with because both were amazing! AMAZING!!

I cannot express enough how pleased we were with both of the salespeople (from Jack Safro and Heiser). Laid back, not pushy, great with email communication, etc. Respecting the rule that we cannot reveal names of salespeople directly in this forum, I will disclose this: Check for the last/bottom name on the list of salespeople on http://www.safrotoyota.com/MeetOurDepartments. As for the salesperson at Heiser, initials RL (as for the 'R' in RL...the salesperson may have something in common with President Nixon...). :)

If you are interested in travelling for the absolute best deal (like we were), contact Jack Safro and Heiser before you sign with anyone else. I will follow this forum, so if you have any questions, please feel free to reply with your inquiries.

God bless and good luck to y'all!!
  • omktidomktid Member Posts: 2
    They had one in blue on the lot but I opted to wait for the silver or gray with an ETA of Aug 3rd.
  • ltn369ltn369 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    Hi all,
    I received a quote from Darcars and would appreciate your thoughts whether I can do better.

2011 XLE, NAV, DVD entertainment package. MSRP=$39,500. Their offer is $35,000 +++

Thanks for your feedback.
    Jack
    PS. Invoice for our Sienna is approx. $33,117, so we purchased for $717 under invoice, thanks to the two Milwaukee area dealerships (again Heiser & Jack Safro), who were both willing to sell to us for the same OTD price.
  • pats_fanpats_fan Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2010
    Hello, We are looking to make the same purchase. You appear to have bought the minivan at a very good price. May I ask what the MSRP and invoice price was and did you trade-in a vehicle?

Thanks
    edited July 2010
    I want to be clear on your pricing, you got the sienna for under invoice? The invoice on this vehicle is around 32K.
    pats_fan, take the OP with a grain of salt. Some posts have been removed, prolly by the mods. The OP had a dream.
    Waht are you talking about? PLease be more clear
    LET me explain, invoice means absolutely nothing. You can get any deal you wish on a vehicle if you stick to guns, and place an offer on a table and don't budge. I purchased my sienna under invoice, and way behind holdback. If you find a dealer who is having a tough month, they will sell a vehicle and lose money. Every dealership has a quota to meet. My dealer lost over $2k to sell me the car. Why because, I was not in a rush, knew what I wanted to pay and no more. My MSRP was over $36k, I believe it was $36,3xx(ball park I don't have window sticker in front of me i am at work). There will be people who say that I did not get the deal that I did and I feel sorry for them because they do not know how to negotiate. You only have to find 1 dealer to say yes, as I did. This is the key to buying the Sienna or anycar. TRUST ME...
    Nobo, I will teach you how to negotiate. Read my last post, you could learn a thing or two or three or four. Keep dreaming lil guy....
    Bigdaddysienna,

Thank you for taking the time to respond and explain your position.
  • MajestykMajestyk Member Posts: 4
    Is there any place to search all the Toyota dealers inventory? We are looking for either a black or red XLE with premium, racks, mats w/floor sills. So far I have been quoted $36,500 plus TTL. Too bad they have neither car in stock. Will purchase up 150 miles from Las Vegas.

Thanks!
    Check Autotrader (http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/index.jsp?bkms=1280229570128). Within the last week to 10 days, I saw exactly what you are looking for at a selling price of $34,995 (MSRP was about $39,000). Shocked at this price, I contacted the dealer to verify (I think it had been on their lot for a while, thus the reduced price). Pretty sure it was Libertyville Toyota (http://www.libertyville-toyota.com/) in IL (we checked so many it is hard to keep track). I know...not the ideal location for you, but use that information when you negotiatiate with local dealers.

Keep looking until you find someone who will agree to your OTD. We contacted over 50 dealers coast to coast until we found two that continued to say, "We'll beat any offer by $100." Keep going back and forth (getting everything in writing), until you get the absolute lowest OTD. Don't worry too much about actual selling cost. Even if a dealer says that they'll sell to you for X amount under invoice, they may add on crazy fees. Get the OTD (out the door amount: selling price, tax, title, license and any fees).

Good luck!
    Correction: It was St. Charles Toyota in IL, not Libertyville where I saw the XLE w/ Premium package for $34,995. Just looked on St. Charles web site, and that Sienna appears to be sold. Contact them anyway to see if you can get the price in writing (again, to take to local dealers for negotiations). St. Charles' web site is: http://www.toyota.net/.
    Beware. Just because you get a good price in writing does not mean they will honor it when you show up at the dealership.
    Simply put...then don't do business with that person/dealership if they don't honor the writen offer. I dealt with extremely honest salespeople at both Jack Safro Toyota and Heiser Toyota in Wisconsin (indeed, honest car salespeople do exist). I highly recommend both dealerships (at least the salespeople we talked to).

For everyone else looking for a Sienna: Stay positive - you will find a good deal out there...just keep looking. Of the 50+ dealerships we talked to (got 'bids' from), we only needed one to honestly honor the lowest number. Found that dealership/salesperson without strings.
    Peace.
  • alf11alf11 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a new sienna last week for my wife and kids.
    Its an xle fwd with navigation and included floor mats , etc...
    Final price 33,333 + TTL

Got this nice deal from capitoltoyota.com in San jose , ca.

And today i went back and bought another car from them for myself,
    A 2011 camry LE, with leather seats upgrade for a total of 20,600 minus 750 rebate = 19,850 !!!!

See QT he's a good guy. Recommended..
    alf11,

I'm in Sacramento, willing to drive to San Jose. Can you be more specific on your purchase. Which package did you get, any options?

Thanks,
    J
    Can anyone recommend a good third party all season floor mats for 2011 Sienna? I know their was a recall on the Toyota made floor mats and they are not planning to sell any right now.

Thanks
    Anyone with 2011 and ent or prem package get a DVD disc as part of their manuals?

On page 199 of the navigation system manual it says to refer to the manual th at comes with the DVD video disc provided separately.....my dealer has no clue what this is referring to.
  • jacobsmomma1jacobsmomma1 Member Posts: 32
    You should have received a seperate manual just for the navigation system.
  • raghu_vsraghu_vs Member Posts: 5
    I have consistently noticed that the odometer reports speed atleast 10% lower than actual. Confirmed this with GPS.

Has anybody run into this?