Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,591
    Finally another SE report. :)

This with Preferred package, moonroof, tow pack, I assume?

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• golassogolasso Member Posts: 4
    No moonroof or tow pack -- had dealer installed options like tint, cargo organizer, etc.
  • hydsienna1234hydsienna1234 Member Posts: 10
    Got a Sienna XLE with Carmats and Remote Starter for 30,705 in Chicago Suburbs.
    Didn't take the DVD and Nav System.
    Total OTD Cost = 33,612
    What do you guys think about this deal ? Good or OK ...
  • yeszyesz Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2010
    8-passenger V6
    $27,999 + 1,300 aftermarket leather + TTL

Thanks for the information from Edmunds forums.
  • delthekingdeltheking Member Posts: 1,152
    You got the van already , already paid for it.So,no point in knowing if it`s a good deal or not.Enjoy the van. Probably should have asked before buying the van. But I think that`s a good price.So go enjoy the van !! :shades:
  • barnyardbarnyard Member Posts: 2
    We're in the market for our first mini-van in NoVA area. As many others, we went back and forth between the Sienna and Odyssey and finally decided on the Sienna based on reliability ratings. Anyway, we decided on an XLE with Nav we got an OTD price today for $34,514.11. We think it's a good deal. Opinions?

Here's the list price and the price they're giving us

Model MSRP - $32,175
    XLE NAV Package - $3,295
    Delivery & Processing - $800
    Total MSRP - $36,270

Price - $33,365
    minus incentive - $1200
    total price - $32,165
    plus....
    tax - $1,095.36
    tag - $64.75
    freight - $800.00
    processing fee - $389.00

Total OTD price - $34,514.11

What do you think?

Any suggestions, opinion, ideas would be appreciated.
  • hoknbokhoknbok Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    I want to buy a 2011 Sienna XLE with Nav. Package. Edmunds says that the invoice for this in my area is 29,460, and invoice nav is 2,681. Destination is 810, reg. adjustment is 237 and color adjustment is 72. Total is $32,951. I live in the Mpls. area and I can’t seem to find any dealers willing to quote me anywhere close to what Edmunds says is invoice, let alone under it. TMV with all of this on Edmunds is 34,149. All dealers are offering about 600 over TMV instead. So, could someone please tell me what I should shoot for (price wise) for this car? Are holdbacks part of the invoice price-or, are they added on somehow somewhere else? Should I try to stick with a certain price and keep looking forever, or, should I accept their offers of 34-35k and try to get them to toss in warranty or cross bars or hitch or whatever? I need to get a car NOW, and I am frustrated. Please help! Are my numbers wrong? Am I off track here? I offered 33k-this is over invoice price but less than TMV, and they all say no way! Am I off???
  • danhoustondanhouston Member Posts: 20
    edited September 2010
    Here's the list price and the price they're giving us

Model MSRP - $32,175
    XLE NAV Package - $3,295
    Delivery & Processing - $800
    Total MSRP - $36,270

Price - $33,365
    minus incentive - $1200

how do you get an incentive of $1200? is this a customer cash or dealer cash incentive? i don't think any customer incentive is published or exists for 2011 sienna...
  • delthekingdeltheking Member Posts: 1,152
    Yup,There are no rebates or incentives on the Sienna. Maybe it is the trade in value of their car. :confuse:
  • dotphdotph Member Posts: 1
    Can you send me the details of the dealer, im also looking for a Limited with Premium and Convenience Package which is not available in nearby dealerships... Thanks!
  • heffneilheffneil Member Posts: 16
    I had a dealer call me to offer me a Limited Sienna for $200 below invoice. This is pretty much a full boat Sienna with everything including the HID headlights which I find hard to come by!

Anyway I told her I had seen the car for $400 below invoice from another poster here but I didn't say it was far away it was my target. Problem is the dealer has $595 dealer fee. I have noticed that dealers have started adding this "non-negotiable" fee to their deals. This really is a huge game changer. As people have learned invoice pricing from the internet dealers add this fee and "say" it's non-negotiable but it is a big markup... What are other people seeing on dealer fees? I have seen $400 from the ford dealer to $600 at the cadillac dealer. All in SWFL vicinity.

Thanks!
  • barnyardbarnyard Member Posts: 2
    $1200, is not the trade in value of my car. We would never trade in a car, bc they never give a fair price. We sold my other car through private sale and made $4k over what dealers were offering for trade in value.

the $1200 is a dealer cash incentive.
  • muldoonmuldoon Member Posts: 1
    It's slightly better than the deal I'm sitting on today in NOVA, which was (including everything through tax, tags, processing, etc.):

XLE with Nav: 34,909
    XLE with premium package (nav, dvd, etc): 36,409.
  • firstminivanncfirstminivannc Member Posts: 1
    Anyone with a good buying experience near Charlotte, NC? Looking for a good deal on an 8 passenger. Can't decide on which model. Need a good price. Today Scott Clark said they could do $500 over invoice. Any better deals? Not looking for any packages to add on.
  • rain3rain3 Member Posts: 14
    Anyone with a good buying experience near Columbus Ohio? We haven't decided on model, but am leaning toward XLE w/ nav system.
    Also I have a question: is 4WD necessary to handle the snow in central Ohio? (We just moved to this area not long ago :) ). Thanks!
  • nk2164nk2164 Member Posts: 4
    I was quoted $36,215 before Tax, Title & license on a XLE with XLE premium package. What price should i be targeting 'on the road' ? Thanks for any inputs you can provide.
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    Glad you found what you wanted in a 2011 Sienna.

We bought from Tansky Toyota a few years ago. Was the absolute worst buying experience I have ever had. Maybe they have changed, but will personally not be buying anything from them.
  • ajkimajkim Member Posts: 7
    Am I too crazy to pay $22,900 before taxes for a used 2009 Sienna LE with 17,500 miles on it? It's a Certified Pre-Owned from a dealer. How much is a good price? Please help!
  • mastergunnera8mastergunnera8 Member Posts: 23
    I also was looking around at pre-owned...decided that for the difference between 23,000 and 26,300 it was worth it for me to get the 2011 LE, warranty, etc for the 26K...the pre-owned were really expensive for some reason...and the new really discounted...with the low interest rates too, I went new...good luck!!
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    Yes, you would be certified crazy to pay that much for a 2 year old van. But that is how dealers make their money, on the used vehicles.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I bought that model new in 2007 for about $25,500.

Back then a CPO used one was closer to $20,900 or so.

I think prices went up because the 2011 Sienna (V6) prices are much higher now.
  • bradythfbradythf Member Posts: 2
    2011 sienna xle with premium pkg(nav,dvd, keyless), roof cross bars, wheel locks, cargo net, floor mats, sill protectors. (MSRP 39,986)

37,000 otd (includes TTL and located from another dealer...total price no other charges) on 9/13/2010 at Tasky Toyota in Columbus, OH.
  • ckc527ckc527 Member Posts: 1
    2011 Sienna LTD in Blizzard Pearl with Premium pkg, lower door molding, mats/door sill protector and special color. (MSRP $44,288)

Got the van for $39,754 (before tax & lic)

I used AMEX / Zag program which turned out to be a very pleasant car buying experience. I was in & out of the dealer within 2 hours.
  • party0f5party0f5 Member Posts: 1
    Purchased on 9/18/2010: 2011 Toyota Sienna Limited with Premium Package, floor mats, blizzard pearl premium color

MSRP: $44,079.00

Purchase price: $40,269 + TTL

Where: Los Angeles, CA. Toyota of Hollywood. I filed internet requests with 8 different dealerships. Would not discuss the pricing of other dealerships when on the phone, only told each internet manager that I am buying the car and would like to hear their best deal. If they were not lowest, I told them and thanked them for their time. Some dealerships will price-match, but they do not want to be played against each other, so don't do that. Ask for their quoted "best deal" to be sent to you in an email so it does not change when you arrive. In the face of today's market uncertainty, many dealerships will come down and truly give you a best price, which is what happened for me. Good luck.
  • nguy1thonguy1tho Member Posts: 1
    Hello 12bdriving,

Which dealer in Minneapolis that you get it from. I am living in MN too and looking at the same model that you got. Please let me know the saleperson too. Thanks for the help.
  • zleizlei Member Posts: 6
    Is $31,700 + Tax and License a good deal for the 2011 Sienna XLE with no additional options? in the San Francisco, CA area? Thanks.
  • lev280lev280 Member Posts: 27
    The invoice on XLE (FWD) is $29,460 + $810 destination. Total = $30,270.

TMV is $31,281.
    Thank you. I will look a little harder.
  • copper_headcopper_head Member Posts: 5
    Anyone had deal around pheonix area, AZ? I am trying to get around 30k but it is really hard.

On the other hand, I know ppl bought it in MD area for 29300+TAX+TLL

Any recommendations? thanks
  • wantseorxlewantseorxle Member Posts: 3
    33,300 + TTL in sf bay area, ca

Also got 8yr 100k warranty from Toyota in KC and got the great deal as toy_fan1 mentioned.
    Hi,

Seems like a pretty good deal...When did you purchase and would you share with me which dealership you got it from here? Did you go directly to the dealership or get internet/phone quotes first? Thanks, much appreciated.
  • freeman5freeman5 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for sharing, Bradythf. Can you please tell me what's the sell person's name? Thanks.
  • 12bdriving12bdriving Member Posts: 24
    Carlson Toyota in [non-permissible content removed] Rapids.

If you have a way I can get it to you, I'll give you the salesperson's name, but can't post it on the board per guidelines.

Good luck on finding one, the "standard XLE" here almost always includes NAV.
    A local dealership has found me the 2011 Sienna XLE with Entertainment Package and Carpet Floor Mats from another regional dealership. They said they can get it for me, but it will add about 400 miles to the car because it has to be driven here. Does this sound reasonable? I don't have much choice since I've been told that I can no longer order this from the factory with this configuration! Thanks!
  • wantseorxlewantseorxle Member Posts: 3
    bought about 10 days ago, at Hayward, Got quotes (+ several e-mail exchange) via internet.
    good luck.
  • rabbitflrabbitfl Member Posts: 1
    could you show up your offer? thanks
  • driver127driver127 Member Posts: 2
    Would you mind telling the OTD price and the break down? Been looking for an XLE + Ent, but so far could not find a good deal. Thanks.
    edited September 2010
    I am also looking at either LE+ Ent or XLE + Ent. What quotes have you gotten so far?
  • driver127driver127 Member Posts: 2
    XLE FWD 8-passenger + Ent: $33349 + tax & lic

I don't think there is Ent option for LE.
    The lowest quote I got was $33,144 + tax and license...and this is to special order the car because noone has a XLE with just Ent and CF around here. All other dealers told me that price was impossible and some dude tried to tell me I was getting the deal of the century when I told him I was ordering for that.

Remains to be seen if this order actually goes through and I get the car, but all other dealerships just basically told me I couldn't get that configuration and tried to sell me the premium package instead.
  • randomeonerandomeone Member Posts: 20
    If you're looking for LE + Ent, you should consider the after-market options. You don't need to step up to another trim level just for Ent. I got the XLE, and added after market Nav+Ent for under $2k. The factory stuff is crazy expensive!
    And that was for a professional install, you can do it for even less if you're willing and able.
    I haven't fully researched all the differences between LE & XLE, but agree that with LE, I will be going with the after-market route for the ENT system. I am not too keen on the NAV system, since I have a few portable GPS units.
  • fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    edited September 2010
    I bought this van late last month. I started by looking at what others were paying over here. I was determined to get the lowest price possible. I went to Fitzmall.com to see what their price was for an base XLE V6 with absolutely no packages or options added. It was around $29400. I added my local tax rate to that as well as the pure profit " processing fee" that dealers charge and right there and then, i decided that i would not be paying more than that. If Fitz can sell that low, other dealers should be comparable! Next i went to Google maps and typed in "toyota dealer" in my area. The maps result listed about 16 dealers. The good thing was that i could click right there from Google maps and get taken directly to the dealers website where i could email them. I prepared a standard email which stated how much i was paying OUT THE DOOR. I copied and pasted it and sent it to all 16 dealers. Took 20 minutes to complete the entire thing. I left a phone number but asked that dealers email me only. Of course those [non-permissible content removed] don't read their emails and my phone started ringing within 5 minutes of completing the mass emails :mad: . I refused to pick up the phone and proceeded to block dealers that could not follow simple instructions. Others did email back but were also clearly equally stupid. The emails i sent said exactly what i wanted (BASE XLE V6) and what minor options i was adding (mudguards, wheel locks etc) but i still received emails asking me what trim level, packages and options i needed. I immediately sent those idiots to the spam folder never to be heard from again. Only about 4 dealers actually followed my instructions to the tee. Those were the only ones i decided to deal with. Two of them provided quotes that were several thousand higher than my out the door price. They were immediately ruled out. Of the other two dealers, one agreed to my price while the other was a few hundred dollars off. I of course went with the lowest dealer. Transaction went relatively smoothly. Couple of things to look out for at the dealership: (1) Bring your own financing with you and NEVER reveal to the dealer what rate you have been offered. If you want to take a chance on their financing, tell them what rate you need them to beat or else you will not use them. For example, say you were offered 4% by your bank prior to arriving at the dealer. Tell the dealer you need his rate to be 3.75% or lower. If he cant beat that, you may want to consider going with your own bank if you have a great relationship with them. Remember, on a $30K car, the difference between 4% and 3.75% is roughly about $3 a month. I guess what i am trying to say is if you tell the dealer what rate you have received, they will do their best to slightly best it and the difference may be less than $1 a month in payments. Consider going with your own financing if you have a good relationship with your bank / credit union. (2) If getting accessories, make sure it is clearly spelled out that you expect GENUINE Toyota accessories. Crooked dealers have been known to pick up parts at Autozone and them sell it to you. Though they will work, they are not genuine TOYOTA parts. All in all, the van is serving its purpose. It is good to look at and drives okay for a van. Lots of room too.
    Congrats on the deal, but can I ask you to use the Enter key once in a while? It's easier to read posts with some white space.

My eyes thank you. :shades:
  • joenyc111joenyc111 Member Posts: 28
    Basic XLE with Floor Mats and Roof Racks:

MSRP: $33,694
    OTD = $30,600 plus tags and sales tax and nothing else
    Good deal?
  • randomeonerandomeone Member Posts: 20
    Pretty good, but $4-500 higher than Fitzmall. Try going back with a printout from fitzmall.com and see if you can get them lower. Are you in/near NYC? I am, and I just drove down to fitzmall after I got annoyed by the constant bait-and-switch from local dealers. On quoted me the same price, but surprisingly wasn't able to actually procure a vehicle...
    This is actually $123 cheaper than FitzMall altogether, for example their Stock #: 073382

Yes, I am in NYC. Agreed, dealers in NY and NJ are so shady. Bait and switch is their only game. It is so annoying.
    Beating Fitzmall is good, just remember Fitz has a $99 processing fee, so if they come back with a $399 processing fee the deal just soured.
    Thanks for sharing this process/method. in the past I have used similar strategy, but didn't cast the 'net' as wide. I think I only contacted 6 or 7 dealers. I see the value that by asking more dealers, you can quickly weed out those who don't pay attention to the requirements in your email; ask you for redundant information or information already provided in your email; call you rather then communicate through email, etc.
    I think one should get a google voice account for this purpose only. It's free and they give you a phone number. For it's greeting it should say thank you for calling but I very busy and would appreciate it if you only communicated with me via email. Just a thought. You tell these guys over and over and over, you prefer email, but they keep calling anyway. WTF!