Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tc333tc333 Member Posts: 4
    This is a great price. Can you share which dealer you purchased from?
  • user54321user54321 Member Posts: 2
    Hi joenyc111,

Can you share the name of the dealer I am interested in the same vehicle.
    Thanks
  • mcsjmcsj Member Posts: 7
    $33,500 OTD for a 2011 XLE without NAV/DVD is a great price.

Has anyone in the SF bay area gotten close to this price? I am looking to buy this exact package.

I've gotten confirmation from hayward toyota that there will be a big sale on black friday, so I'm waiting to find out.
  • manigopimanigopi Member Posts: 17
    Grateful if any of you can respond with the best quotes you have been getting for XLE with RES and NAV in NJ/NY/PA area. Also any good quotes on the Limited?
  • manigopimanigopi Member Posts: 17
    I am coming from the Honda world. Is Limited worth it (like Touring Vs EX L RES NAV in Odyssey)?
  • jabcjabc Member Posts: 20
    Bought an SE today from Carson Toyota in SoCal.

With SE Preferred Package, Moonroof, Towing, Roofrack Crossbars, Carpet & Door Sill Protection

MSRP @ $34,684
    Invoice @ $31,729
    Sale Price @ $31,156
    Out-Of-Door @ $34,700

This is the best deal I found so far.

The car's handling is similar to that of my 2002 Odyssey.
    For an Sienna, this is pretty good.
    The acceleration is better.
  • minnu2minnu2 Member Posts: 10
    Hello Master, What engine size is your V6, I believe they have a smaller engine with V6 option. I have a quote in Atlanta for 30+++ ( that includes leather+DVD)
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    The 2GR V6 is 3.5l in displacement.

The 2.7l engine is actually a large 4 cylinder. They're far less common (less than 10% of production I think) and only come on basic models.
    Hey Buddy,
    what deal are you talking for thanksgiving? is It local or from Toyota?
    Do you mind sharing the info. Thanks
    I agree about the I4 and V6 but if I look at his price at 26.3 ++ (good price) and 27.3K O.T.D price its just 1K more with shipping included($800), is surprizing to me.
  • rezzorrezzor Member Posts: 1
    Looked at a clean 2008 CE with 28K miles at a local dealership ( not Toyota so not certifed). One local (Seattle) owner. Has tow package and roof rack - also needs tires soon. Offered at $17.8 which is about $19.8 O.T.D. Is this a reasonably good price?
  • lakerlunaticlakerlunatic Member Posts: 1
    jabc, congrats on your new SE and that seems to be a really good price for the area. What color is your SE btw? The lowest selling price I'm able to find around my area is 30,995 with the same options as yours except without RRCBs. It's a silver but wouldn't be in until around mid Nov. Wondering if I should commit and just wait for the car to come in...
  • cad13cad13 Member Posts: 5
    This site was really helpful for me.
    I just bought my Sienna today.
    Price: 32,500 + tax/title (XLE with Nav package+ carpet+RoofrackCrossbars).

I bought it from Vacaville Toyota (California). The entire buying process was smooth. We exchanged several mails on Friday and agreed on this price. I went there this morning and bought it without any hassle. I found the vacaville internet person very professional because he didn't try to play any game with me (I had very bad experience with some other dealers); it takes several mails to agree on a price but that's normal everywhere. I didn't expect one mail for below invoice price.
  • mcsjmcsj Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2010
    congrats on the van! I'm also near vacaville. do you mind to give me the name and email addres of the internet person you used? If so, could you please email me the info to my email: qa_engnr at yahoo.com

Thanks in advance!
  • loucapriloucapri Member Posts: 214
    I have been doing some search myself in the area as well (seattle).
    $17.8 is not a high price but seems to me you can get a LE for under $20 anyway. I think LE at least give you power sliding doors and tinted glass.
    even it's not a toyota certified, it still under the 3 yr/36k warranty.
    Hi, lakerlunatic. Thanks for the reply.
    I think your price is very good as well.

My SE is in Pre-Dawn Gray.
    Since the interior is in Black. It does not look good with light exterior color (IMO).
    Since most of the SE in SoCal are in either White or Silver.
    It took me 3 months to find one.
    I think my SE could be the only one (or two) in SoCal. :-)

I used the Zag.com’s price as base and gave several dealers my offer.
    Some wants $1000 more, but Carson Toyota accepted it.
    I don’t like to pay extra for some useless items like Sunroof, Towing, RRCB, etc.
    But I don’t have choices, Toyota’s strategy won with the help from Honda. (read on)

I got a 2002 Odyssey with 120K miles.
    We have 5 families (friends) owned 2002 Odyssey.
    Four of the 5 (except ours) had transmission problem in last year.
    They either rebuilt it @ $3,500 or just trade-in for another Honda.
    We are lucky that ours holds up for one more year,
    But I don’t want to take the chance and spend $3,500.
    My first and the last Honda for sure.
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    Let me understand you. You have a 2002 Honda Odyssey with 120K miles on it. You are not getting another Honda because you know of someone else that had problems with their Honda and buying a Toyota? What guarantee do you have the Toyota will go 120K+ without a major malfunction?
  • kingzookingzoo Member Posts: 8
    Stockton Toyota town. You can mention you are Qing's friend and ask for a deal.
  • apowellapowell Member Posts: 8
    I paid 25,200 for a 2011 Base V-6 Toyota Sienna which includes floor mats and window tint. The out the door price with tax, title, license is: 27,752. Our sales tax rate is .825% here in McKinney, TX.

The invoice for the base V-6 is: 23,500
    Added 810. destination fee
    Added 324 (mats and door sill protectors) option CF
    Added 300 (window tint) option WT
    Totals: 24,934
    I paid: 25,200 (266 over the price of invoice with full price added options)

I did NOT pay for advertising, etc. unless of course the dealer wants to use that 266 to pay for it. This price is cash or financing, no trade. Option codes are found on Internet Auto Guide.

The MSRP on the Sienna was 26,575 for what that is worth.
    At least I know the most important parts (Engine and 6-Speed Transmission) have been utilized for many Toyota vehicles for a few years without any problem across the board.

RX350, ES350, Venza V6, Camry V6, Avalon, RAV4 V6 and Highlander all use the same parts.

2002 Odyssey was the first time Honda used the 5-Speed transmission for minivan. It has the flawed design. Even Honda recalled the tranny, they still could not fix the problem.
    Honda did extend the warranty to 100K miles, but all my friends’ Odyssey broken down right after 100K miles. So it’s not good enough.

My cousin has 2 Toyota Previa, one with 500K miles on it and the other has 300k miles.
    He laughs at Odyssey’s transmission big time ……….
  • vbugvbug Member Posts: 4
    I live in the Bay Area and am thinking about buying this trim. Anyone has purchased one please share information about sale price and how it drives (power). Thanks.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    For model year 2004 they upgraded the design and reliability scores improved a lot.

I just used this image in another thread:

imageSee more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com

You see the improvement for 2004, and from 2005 and later the scores have remained high.
  • tc333tc333 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks!
  • noobtechnoobtech Member Posts: 2
    is it possible to share this price with me? who did you contact? Thanks.
    I know about the improvement, but I still stuck with my 2002 Odyssey which has the potential of tranny breakdown ..........

Besides that, my 2002 Odyssey is noisy (from day one) and with some small probelms like engine shaking a little at idle and driver side window can not fully closed.

My 2000 Camry has no problem what so ever since day one.

I think Toyota is a better choice. (IMO)
    I am glad that my SE can match Odyssey's handling !

Thanks for taking your time.
    I am not allowed to post any sales person name according to this site policy. All I can tell you I requested quote through Internet and one of the internet sales manager contacted me and then we went through several mails to agree on this price. I already had some good quotes from other Toyota dealers in the past and I used those as reference. I also saw post on this forum (may be a month back) that somebody bought this same configuration at 32,500. So I knew it's possible.
  • cbad14cbad14 Member Posts: 6
    I am looking for the same configuration that you purchased. I think 32,500 is a great price. Nice job on negotiating. Can you tell me what their first email offer was? I want to get an idea of how much they negotiated down from their first offer. Thanks!!
    Their First offer was 33,540. I think I requested for price quote from 10 different dealers. Half of them were in the range from 32,700 to 33,700. One dealer was as high as 35,500. End of the month usually is the best time to contact dealers. I found Vacaville toyota salesperson really nice; he was not like oversmart idiots I faced in other dealerships. Two months back I tried to buy the same car and had some really bad experience where the manager didn't sell me the car for just $100 price difference. $100 doesn't matter to me but I didn't like their attitude. I took two months break after that and searched for the same vehicle and found the same deal.
  • cbad14cbad14 Member Posts: 6
    Do your numbers include doc fees? I am getting offers from my local dealers in the southeast for 33,800 + doc fees (399 to 599). So total is about 34,200 to 34,400 before tax, tag & title.
  • apowellapowell Member Posts: 8
    I put down the wrong number for sales tax in McKinney, TX. It is 6.25%

The car loan rate I got from Toyota was 3.5% with excellent credit. Capital One is offering 3.1%
    It's before doc fee. But doc fee is only $55 here. In CA we pay 9% Tax which is the killer. My 32,500 is corresponding to your 33,800.
  • babyboygebabyboyge Member Posts: 1
    We just got our superwhite V6 LE with MF CF P2 options. OTD is 30700. Highly recommend Alfred at Charles Maund. Thanks for all posts on this forum. Good luck!
  • lev280lev280 Member Posts: 27
    Can you please post the cost breakdown? Thanks
  • dev_pdev_p Member Posts: 22
    I recently got Gray V6 LE 8 passenger for OTD 30100 with remote start. My criteria was to get at price near to what fitzmall was offering me - If they can sell other dealers should be able to sell.

Thx for all those who posted on this forum. Its was great help in my search.

Next for me is to search for all weather floor mats. Any good suggestitons. I read that the some doesnot fit properly in 2nd row seats beacuse you cannot move the seats after putting mats.
  • mastergunnera8mastergunnera8 Member Posts: 23
    The $800 was included in the 26,3xx price...the added 1K was for tax, tags, etc...
  • bullfrog34bullfrog34 Member Posts: 20
    Includes floor mats and roof rack bars, Premium Package. Any thoughts? It's basically the Zag price - $100 over invoice + crazy Toyota marketing fee that Zag alleges is part of the invoice price.

Any thoughts?
  • jcsiennajcsienna Member Posts: 7
    I paid around $35200 for XLE AWD with Nav about a month ago (also through Zag) pre tax and documentation fees so your number seems to be in the same ball park. Mine also came with floor mate and roof bar. Zag showed that my price was $750 under invoice. I'm in NJ btw.
  • omen62omen62 Member Posts: 9
    I got all that less the cross bars for 35,500 at Parkway Toyota in NJ. They were very helpful and nice to work with. I would recommend them to others. I also utlized Carwoo.com which worked out nicely, but I did have to stay on top of them and suggest a couple of dealers for them to reach out to. Good luck.
  • montyamontya Member Posts: 14
    Folks anybody have any experience of recently buy the Sienna in the Phoenix area.

I have just these prices OTD from 1 dealer -

2011 Sienna 2WD XLE/RES = $36,004
    2011 Sienna 2WD LE = $32,747

Cheers !
  • mikescmikesc Member Posts: 21
    edited November 2010
    Was the difference between Out of door price and sale price only taxes and destination? I am coming from a 2001 Odyssey and ready to make the switch. Latest Motor Trend gave the edge to the SE over the Honda EX-L. Thanks.
    Guys anybody buy 2011 LE/XLEs in the Phoenix, AZ area ? The prices seem to be way to high. Any recommendations on dealers/prices in this area ?

Thanks in advance...for sharing your thoughts...
  • hp2009hp2009 Member Posts: 65
    we got two 2011 le with back up camera pakage ....v6...invoice around 29800 which got for 27750 plus ttl.....good experience with big two fleet department...
    earnhart toyota...was willing for 27500 but cannot find out colour so we went with big two.,....i always goes to fleet department....

xle base ...offered was 30599..$100 over invoice....

always get close to http://www.fitzmall.com/

in az dealers are hard to negotiation

i preffer 2011 honda exl over sienna since....cheap plastic/cheap stuffs...bucket seats...in sienna(i like captain seats which honda has)

thanks
    hp
    Would it be Ok for you to share the out of the door prices on the Siennas ? It is easier to compare and I know how much really goes out of my pocket.

I did find 2011 Honda's seats & interior better, however, with Sienna I liked the way it handled and the engine was much more powerful than the Honda.
    i donot have all otd price...but we had two 2011 le 8 pessegn for my family ....

one at earnhard toyota.....fleet department... 27800 plus ttl...no surprises...

big two toyota gave us 27750 plus ttl....no surprises

all below options includes in this prices....

Roof Rack Cross Bars 185.00
    Towing Prep Option: Includes Engine Oil Cooler, Larger
    Anti-Theft System with Engine Immobilizer $220.00
    50 State Emissions $0.00
    Carpet Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector $324.00
    mud guard $100.00

both deal close with fleet department

thanks
    hp
    hp - when did you buy the Sienna's. Currently I am getting $27,428 +TTL for an LE from the fleet department from Power Toyota, Tempe. Also, did you get an after market rear entertainment system on your mini-vans or you did not have it at all.

Cheers
    1st week of oct 2010....with all those options in price....no rear entertainment system from dealer ..or outside.....

apr 4.25 for 36 months from toyota

thanks
    hp
    Hello All, Just wanted to share with the group here :
    2011 Sienna 6Cyl LE 8 Pass with Leather and DVD (10.2 in single screen Audiovox) at 31K O.T.D in Atlanta suburbs. No other dealer in the area matched this deal and all said it was great deal. Btw, how long does it take to get Toyota care maintenance. My dealer said not to worry and it should be in the system and you donot need coupons. Please let me know.
    Anyway, I wanted to thank you all for the input here.
    Have fun
    This is a WOW price... minnu2...you are really lucky ! Here in Phx area...$33K is the lowest that I have been able to get for a similar config. Enjoy your new minivan !!!
  • alex46015alex46015 Member Posts: 12
    I need make final decision for 2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A). The price is $30,800 before TTL.
    Any comment about the deal?
  • loucapriloucapri Member Posts: 214
    edited November 2010
    it is a good price, seriously how low do you want to go? more back and forth for another $100? Or do you just want to get it done
    if they have the car you like, go for it :)