Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ldkronosldkronos Member Posts: 35
    edited December 2010
    "what I'm looking for though is something with a hard top"

The lids that come with the organizers are pretty sturdy. I wouldn't stand on them, and I don't know that I'd stack 40 pound bags of concrete on them or anything, but they are really sturdy. We put all kinds of bags, packages, and our baby stroller on top of it.

Not sure what you mean by 2 stories of grocery bags. If you are thinking of something like a shelf, so that the top bags are not sitting directly on the bottom bags, then the cargo organizers can do this to a certain degree. The limitation is that they are only about 10 or 12 inches deep (not sure offhand, and my sienna's at the body shop right now, so I can't measure). This means you can put delicate items in the containers (eggs, fruit, etc) and then stack the rest of your stuff on the lids without crushing the delicate items. But you can't stand up cereal boxes inside there or anything (though you could probably stand them up on their side.

As far as the bag hooks, I don't think they're really good for hanging, but rather for keeping the bags from sliding around (especially if you've only got a few bags). So think of them more as anchors rather than hangers.

Edit: another good use for them that I've seen suggested elsewhere is, since the bottoms/sides are waterproof, you could put ice in there to use it as a makeshift cooler.

Edit: Checked online and it looks like they are 8 inches deep. Guess I overestimated.
    I think they are worth it. I was really doubtful about spending $144 (the invoice/zag price) on them at first, but the more I thought about it, it started to seem like a good idea. Now that I have them, I definitely think it was a great idea and have absolutely no regret.
  • indianriderindianrider Member Posts: 30
    Thanks. Finally checked out the Sienna yesterday, the XLE and SE version. The cargo organizer is definitely worth it.

I think I might go for the base XLE with the cargo organizer, floor mats and roof rack cross bars. Zag's best price on an XLE is 30594. I am hoping the Toyota close by home matches the price.

Thanks for all the help.
  • davidk12davidk12 Member Posts: 28
    I have just run out of time trying to select my new van (odyssey or sienna) and wont be able to make the decision today. Will the prices be that much different tomorrow? Is there a way I can lock in a price this year if I plan to make a decision next week?

Thanks for the help.
    Well, I'm pretty sure the MSRP doesn't ever change for a given model year, so that should be the same. If you are planning to buy a Sienna from a dealer in Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, or Minnesota, then there is a $1000 rebate that ends on Jan 3 (so you still have monday to buy). As far as I know, there is no rebate on the Sienna anywhere else in the country. Also, if you already have the shareathon $500 certificate (and if you don't, it's too late to get one), then you have to buy by Jan 3 to use that, too. Other than that, I'm not aware of any other promotions that could affect price, so I think you'd just be up to the whim of individual dealers to offer deals.
    Thanks, so if I had a price in mind from zag, which is a reasonable price from a local dealer, I should still be able to get it next week?

I was a little concerned that those special prices are all because of this whole 'year end' hype (or not hype)
    I suspect you'll still be able to get it (though no guarantees). I was looking at some of the zag offers for Michigan/Ohio back in late october or early november, and most of them are the same offer now as they were back then One of the dealers did drop their zag price by about $400 in mid December, but I'm not sure why. There were no rebates to explain the drop.

In general, I don't think dealers are so motivated by end of the year sales. If anything, I think they tend to be more motivated by end of month sales to meet monthly quotas.
    Believe me, Toyota Dealers were highly motivated by end of the year sales since Toyotathon is getting over. I was getting XLE from a dealer for 30,594 (with cargo organizer, floor mats + roof rail cross bars) which is a great price. I have a trade in and was offered 300$ more on trade in to close the sale before the end of the year BUT only issue was there was no gray Mica color available. Only red and white which I did not want.

Anywayz, I put a deposit of 500$ and hopefully I can get the gray mica xle soon. Thanks to ldkronos for tips and the dealership (Libertyville Toyota). The dealership was great to deal with. I know I could have probably gotten a better deal on the trade in but didn't want to waste time and money haggling with other dealers when this dealership was honest to begin with.
  • tmanitmani Member Posts: 3
    Yes 36909 OTD. Nothing other than the premium pkg and mats, cargo organizer and mud flaps.

I got the van from Mechanicsville Toyota in Richmond, VA.
  • pricewpricew Member Posts: 18
    I am in the market for 2011 LE or XLE 8 Pass FWD in the dallas / plano area. It would help if you post the cost breakdown and which dealer you used and any other experiences you may consider relevant to share.

I see that LE driver seat is all manual while the XLE has manual 8 way adjustment but power lumbar adjustment. What does power lumbar mean on XLE.

Thanks
    S
  • jakkleejakklee Member Posts: 1
    $35,100 + NY tax + title/plates
  • jcsiennajcsienna Member Posts: 7
    That's about the same price I paid 4 months back in NJ. Lowest I could find because apparently AWD with Navi only is very hard to come by.
  • cosiennacosienna Member Posts: 2
    I am about to buy a Sienna XLE AWD and want to make sure my price is stellar/the best to be had! I wanted a base model but base I guess has more than what is listed on Toyota's website and in the catalog (confusing!) Supposedly all in our area come built with more.

In addition to regular "base" inclusions, mine would include:
    tow prep package
    back up cam w/ 3/5" display
    blue tooth
    floor mats
    roof rack
    door sill protectors

$33,900 out the door. Good price?
  • cosiennacosienna Member Posts: 2
    I am deciding whether to have dealer install lower door moldings on a new 2011 Sienna. Do they really protect from door dings? Seem so low on the door to do any good. Also, not sure I like the chrome look!!

Are mud guards worth it?

Any other extras we should consider?
    First of all, tow prep, 3.5" backup, bluetooth, and roof rack are all standard features for an XLE (unless you mean the additional roof rack cross bars that run side to side between the rails). So your only additions there are mats & sill protectors.

Where do you live and what is the tax rate? Have you checked zag prices for a handful of zipcodes within the distance you are willing to go to get it? A quick check on zag shows about $32,866+TTL in Chicago.
    Several people have said the moldings don't do much to protect the door. I don't think I've seen anyone say they are good for anything but appearance.

Mud guards: Don't care for them myself, but I've seen a someone suggest they are good for keeping rocks from flinging up and chipping the paint (especially if you drive on gravel roads a lot). No idea if that's really true.

Others: I really like the cargo organizers. I've posted about them a few times in the last month, so go back and read my previous posts.
  • busmaster44busmaster44 Member Posts: 20
    nice. thanks for the detailed description - I think I'll go for them...

Question...

I've had my vehicle for a month. What are my options for an extended warranty from Toyota and what is a good price for it?
    As long as you are still under the factory warranty, you can add the extended warranty at any time without paying a penalty rate (once you are out of warranty, the rates go up considerably). There are a few dealers out there that will give you the warranty's for a bit more than half off. I think I've seen a few mentioned here, and there is a dealer on the siennachat forums (he has his own subforum there).
  • closadaclosada Member Posts: 2
    Hello.
    I'm trying to find the best deal for my new car. The Sienna SE 2011 with preferred package. But I'm new at this, so I need a little help. The last deal I received from a dealer is:

SE 8 Pass
    Model Year: 2011
    Exterior: Predawn Gray - Super White
    Total Out of the door w/7% tax and $120 tag charge
    Preferred package included. No more options. Everything included. No hidden fees.

$34,000 out of the door.

Is this the best I can get or expect?

Please. A little help...
    Regards
    Francisco
  • dadof2plusdogdadof2plusdog Member Posts: 10
    I bought my Predawn Gray SE in August:

Details:

SE Preferred Package
    Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof with Sunshade
    Towing Prep Option:
    Carpet Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector

MSRP was $34,299, I paid $31,142 ($32,532.83 OTD). I registered it in Delaware so no tax, but 3.5% title fee:

Good Luck
  • closadaclosada Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much.
    Can you give me the name of the dealer so I can asked them for a quote? Do you think is going to be a different price here in Florida. If yes, I don't have a problem paying to bring the Sienna here.
    Regards.
    Francisco
    Yeah, that seems a bit much to me. For pricing, I always look at the Zag program to get a baseline standard for whats a really good deal. You said Florida, but you didn't say where, so I picked a jacksonville zip code just as a search base. For an SE with preferred package, Here is what I found:
    Lake City, FL
    MSRP: $33,100
    Invoice: $31,144
    Your Price: $29,894 + $500 documentation fee

Add 7% sales tax and a rough estimate of $200 for plates and title, that comes to about $32,700 out the door. It may be possible to find it even cheaper by plugging in various other zip codes in your area, but at the very least that's a MUCH better price than you got.
  • keniferkenifer Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2011
    Hello,

I’m also looking for the same vehicle and the best price I got was from USAA Bank.

Dealer: I-95 Toyota in Georgia
    zip code:31315
    2011Toyota Sienna 5dr 8-Pass Van V6 SE FWD
    Exterior: Silver Sky Metallic
    Interior: Dark Charcoal
    Options: • PREFERRED PKG (SP)• TOWING PKG (TO)
    MSRP as configured: $33,320
    Invoice as configured: $31,320
    USAA Price: $30,320 ( tax not inclu)
    Anyone know when the next big toyota event will be. I am in no rush now to buy my sienna, but will as soon as all the stars (deals) line up and I can get a good price.

(Allthough the toyotathon didn't seem to have anything in it)
  • oarsoars Member Posts: 11
    Anybody has any idea if there's any disadvantage with getting one of the recalled Siennas once they've been fixed by the dealer vs. getting one which does not have the problem in the first place? Thanks to the recall its tough to find any available for sale at a good price.
  • cukhiemcukhiem Member Posts: 4
    Save Reply
    #11064 of 11119 2011 Sienna SE Purchased by cukhiem
    Dec 22, 2010 (5:46 pm)

I bought the SE last night at Bernadi Toyoto in Frammingham Mass for 30,500.

Preferred package, moon roof, towing, roof rack, lower molding, carpet and door sill, cargo net, wheel locks.

Paid - 30500
    Tax 6.25 - 1906.25
    Reg fee - 125
    Title pre - 5
    Doc pre. - 294.75

Total. 32,831

Thanks
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is interested in talking with a recent purchaser of a minivan, who is a male. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, January 21, 2011 and include your city and state of residence, the model year of your vehicle.

Thanks for your consideration,
    Jeannine

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• tsummtsumm Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    I just had a nice experience with a salesperson in Athens, Ohio with Don Wood Toyota. This salesperson was very willing to go the extra mile to make a deal happen. Please call them, I believe they have a nice 2011 Sienna Limited AWD for sale.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    You didn't mention which specific recall, but...

I'd presume they put the new parts in the recalled model, so it's probably the same one way or the other.
    I'm talking about the latest recall:
    http://www.toyota.com/recall/2011-sienna.html
    Dealers have vans which have been recalled and are waiting for parts from Toyota. They cannot sell them until the repairs have been done.
    I am noticing a price increase in the invoice price quoted by websites such as zag.com today. There is an increase in the base price ($29,460 to $29,875 for the FWD XLE) as well as some post-production options such as the Nav Package. Anybody heard anything about a price increase?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    OK, so a replacement bracket, and I'm sure the new ones will come from the factory that way.

Should be fine either way. It should not be overly complicated to fix.
    I have noticed the same thing. The XLE went up in price and the Entertainment system went up too. About $500 or $600 in total. MSRP seems to work out about the same. Also the zag quote was about $1k more than a 3 weeks ago.
  • nbodynbody Member Posts: 5
    SE
    -- SE Package
    -- Moonroof
    -- Crossbars
    -- Carpet
    -- Towing package
    XLE
    - Crossbars
    -- Carpet

I can get both for ~$31,300 (includes invoice, but not tax, title, etc)

Thoughts on SE vs XLE?
    edited January 2011
    At that point with those options, they are virtually identical except for features that are going to be personal preference. Looks (smoked trim, wheels, woodgrain interior, etc), handling (steering/suspension/wheel size....nobody can tell you what will feel better to you), leather vs the SE combo leather/fabric. Other than that type of stuff, the only differences I see are:
    1) no anti-theft on the SE (so you'd have to add the VIP alarm or an aftermarket)
    2) no power 3rd row windows on SE
    3) mirror is different (looks like SE is just a plain mirror?)

other than that, I think it's really just a matter of what you prefer.
  • nbodynbody Member Posts: 5
    @ldkronos

Thanks! Any thoughts on the pricing? I see some have gotten this set up for around $30,500 but didn't know how hard they worked to get it.

-nb
    I don't think the XLE has power 3rd Row. Is that not only on the Ltd?
    With that options, it is better to go with the XLE which has full leather seats.
    Darn it. I saw that price increase also today. Currently, I have an agreed upon price of 30600 for an XLE with cargo organizer, floor mats and roof rack cross bars. I was going to buy it on Dec 31 2010 but the dealer did not have the gray mica in stock. So, I told them I will wait for the next new one to come in. My XLE is supposedly being manufactured on the 24th of this month and I should have it Feb 1st week. I hope the price does not affect mine since I had an agreed price plus I paid the down payment of 500$. If they jack up the price, I will cancel out and go with the Odyssey by paying little more. The pricing was the big reason I went with the Sienna XLE. The comparable odyssey was close to 1500$ more.
  • cukhiemcukhiem Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2011
    took me 15 minutes on the price. I told the sell manager up front that I want to buy the car for $30,500 and that's it. He said no, he wanted $30,600. Then I walked out to my car and about the leave the parking. The sell man ran out to stop my car and we had a deal.

I just added Viper 5901 alarm and starter for $550 and LED dome lights. It's awsome, much better than the factory starter. I also bought HD conversion kit for $175 and waiting on the delivery.
    My dealer confirmed by email the price of 30594 for the XLE with cargo organizer, floor mats and roof rack cross bars. Waiting for the Sienna to get here during the first week of feb.
  • keniferkenifer Member Posts: 6
    Finally bought mine today at Savannah Toyota :) , great customer service and straight forward.. unlike I-95 Toyota :mad:

2011Toyota Sienna 5dr 8-Pass Van V6 SE FWD
    Exterior: Silver Sky Metallic
    Interior: Dark Charcoal
    Options: • PREFERRED PKG (SP), TOWING PKG (TO) , POWERTILT/SLIDE Moonroof W/ SUNSHADE, TOYOGUARD PROTECTION GROUP

MSRP as configured: $34,989 (Include $699.00 destination fee)
    Invoice as configured: $32,000
    USAA Price: $31,450
    neg equity on trade-in: $ 2,000
    Doc fee/title/…. :$ 519.00
    OTD: $33,719.01
    Hi! Am considering an XLE which comes with a "Preferred Accessory Package Plus" option with code Z3. I believe it includes the following - First Aid Kit, Door Sill Appliques, Floor Mats and Cargo Nets. The cost is listed as $560 MSRP and $343 invoice. The confusion I have is that there is another "Preferred Premium Accessory Package" with code Z1 which is listed on sites like zag.com which seems to have the same contents but with the following pricing: $404 MSRP and $254 invoice.
    Whats the difference between the two?
    BTW, the sum of the contents individually seems to be match the zag pricing ie., if you add up the prices for the first aid kit, floor mats + sill appliques and cargo nets it matches the zag pricing.
    You misread my post. I said power 3rd row WINDOWS.
  • ekordaekorda Member Posts: 2
    I am a USAA member and I am also getting internet quotes from local area dealers. I have been quoted $35,678 for the XLE w/premium package. It seems in line with what the USAA car buying service quotes. Please give me your feedback as to whether you think this is a fair deal...Thanks!
    I just die a couple of really quick zag searches and the best I found was a tad over 36k, so that seems good.
  • dgc110dgc110 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    Bought a white 2011 Sienna XLE (8-pass, FWD) w/ mats and roof-rail cross bars for $30,785 + tax&tags, about $3000 under MSRP. Used TrueCar.com best local price (Ardmore Toyota). Not sure if I could have done much better but I'm happy with the deal.
    Beyond adding up the invoice prices what else needs to be added to figure out the cost to the dealer ? Specifically which of the following need to be included:
    + TDA ($570)
    + Destination Charge ($810)
    + Gasoline (10.08)
    + Dealer Holdback ($647)
    + Wholesale Financial Reserve ($323)
    (The amounts mentioned are for a Sienna XLE I'm considering)

Thanks in advance for your responses!
    For starters, it isn't a plus for the holdback and reserve, those are a minus. The dealer pays whatever it is they pay, then after selling they get the holdback refunded to them, and if they sell it quickly enough they get the reserve refunded too.

Aside from that, It's one of those mystery questions that I don't know how many people even know the answer to. I tried to figure it out for my purcahse. I got my LE for $1700 under invoice (and all options/accessories price at invoice). $1000 of that was a rebate, so the dealer had to cover $700 under invoice. That eats up most of the holdback and reserve. They got $150 doc fee, and they also got to keep $30 of the sales tax when they filed the sales tax form with the state. Then they have to pay the salesman his commission, pay for the guy who cleaned up the vehicle, the F&I guys time and all the other people that spent time on the deal. They had to pay the guy who installed the remote start. They had to pay to overnight fedex me some paperwork a few weeks later. They were originally going to pay to fedex me the cargo organizers, but they managed to get those in time.

Just based on what I know, I'm not sure how they did any better than break even on my deal. There has got to be a lot more money coming from somewhere than we typically know. Or maybe the did just break even. Perhaps they count on you to buy extra warranties and service contracts to make their profit, and if you don't bite they don't actually make anything. But my gut tells me there's got to be more money in it somewhere.

They probably get their accessories below invoice pricing too. I've seen a number of accessories being sold online by toyota dealers at prices below what zag lists as the invoice (ex: first aid kit was $21 invoice but it sells on ebay from a dealer for $14 shipped. wheel locks are $40 invoice but I saw them for $33+shipping). I'm assuming these dealers aren't selling these items at a loss (plus eating ebay/credit card fees) so there's got to be something there. But who knows.
    Thanks for your informative reply. One additional question. You mention a $1000 rebate you got. Just curious as to when and where was that available? Also, did you purchase the van in California?