Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• naughtycanaughtyca Member Posts: 22
    can you please check on zag for zip code 33543 and sienna 2011 le v6 8 passenger fwd thank you
  • venamoruvanvenamoruvan Member Posts: 4
    Hi I got a OTD price for 2011 Toyota Sienna LE with floor mat for the zip 22192

Can you please let me know if this is a good price ?
  • ericsoonericsoon Member Posts: 1
    I'd love to hear if you've found what you're looking for. I'm looking for the same thing. In Utah (Denver Region) the AWD Limited is only available with BOTH navigation and dual entertainment system. This adds more than $4000 in "options" that, frankly, I don't want in the vehicle.

If I go a few hundred miles north, Idaho (Portland Region) has the same vehicle supposedly available on the "build your Toyota" site, but I can't find a dealer who actually has it.

Any success stories out there? Has anyone ever found one of these vehicles? Apparently Toyota's market research says that EVERYONE who buys a Limited AWD Sienna demands these options.
  • ldkronosldkronos Member Posts: 35
    You can check your own zag prices. Goto zag.com, click the "Buy A Car" button, and choose the American Express option. There you can do pricing for yourself even if you don't have an amex card (it doesn't require you to login).
  • coolasicecoolasice Member Posts: 2
    what do i get a brand new 2011 LE V6 under 27k?
  • dansue1dansue1 Member Posts: 2
    I got quote of $32,496 as OTD price on LE AWD w/
    -roof rack cross bar
    -towing package
    -lifetime warranty

Should I take the deal? It's Maryland.
    standard LE
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    Not enough information.
  • minivan_fanminivan_fan Member Posts: 2
    Dealer is quoting 36K OTD as his best. Is this a good price? :confuse:
  • sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241
    OTD means nothing here as tax/registration is not consistent from one consumer to another. Need to know the price before tax/registration.
  • minivan_fanminivan_fan Member Posts: 2
    33,700 without Tax and registration - is this is agood price for XLE with Entertainment package.
    Looks to be $1,000 over invoice. Doesn't seem to be hard to get one for around invoice.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    If you recently purchased a car and got a better loan than you expected, please email pr@edmunds.com to talk with a reporter about it. Please respond with your daytime contact information no later than Tuesday, March 8, 2011.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• user54321user54321 Member Posts: 2
    First I would like to say thank you to everyone that has taken the time to share.

It would be nice if everyone can please posts all the information associated with their deal :-)
    This would be of great benefit to everyone else who is in the market for a similar vehicle.

For example
    Trim:
    List of Accessories:
    Price including all fees before taxes:
    City and State
    The Dealers name

Please do not post names of salesperson, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.
    This way we do not have to send numerous private messages and ask all the repetitive questions over and over.

Thank you Thank you Thank you for understanding it's greatly appreciated
  • carguykencarguyken Member Posts: 1
    Here are some prices I recently got.

Sienna XLE with Roof Rack / Cross Bars and carpeted floor mats:
    MSRP: $33794
    Selling Price: $32009
    Sienna XLE with Roof Rack / Cross Bars , Dual View Rear Entertainment Center and carpeted floor mats:
    MSRP: $36356
    Selling Price: $34139

Those were their first prices, they would move more.

Another price.

Sienna LTD with Roof Rack / Cross Bars , Dual View Rear Entertainment Center/Navigation Pkg, Remote Engine Start and carpeted floor mats:
    MSRP: $44740
    Selling Price: $41065

Is this a good price on this Limited? Is there any more room on the price? Is the AWD a good idea, thats the only thing missing in this car?

Dealer was in Southern NJ
    I'm more familiar with the Ltd pricing and without the accessories you should be around $40k for that model. Not sure what the remote start and cross bars run...I've heard $600 installed for the remote start alone so you may not be far off on that deal. I'm wondering if there won't be some incentives coming shortly as it's getting late in the model year for the Sienna. They had an extra $500 incentive for one week last month.

The AWD has some drawbacks. IMHO it's not a very sophisticated system so while it will be an improvement over FWD...it won't be a Subaru or a real 4x4 by any stretch. It also comes with runflats which seem to be a controversy in themselves as they tend to wear-out very quickly and are expensive. You can switch them out to normal tires...but then you don't have a spare tire. The AWD parts take up the space where the spare normally resides. From a cost standpoint, the AWD really isn't much more expensive because it also deletes the power 3rd row which is a big plus in my book. I have no desire to stand there and wait for the seat to fold up on it's own and there's no manual override. We're stuck as to whether we really want the Sienna or not. Too many compromises at $40k in my book.
    LE SIENNA BASE

roofrack, blue tooth

26, 957

2yr oil change
  • shoppingforcarshoppingforcar Member Posts: 10
    Hi, may I ask where you got the deal? The best local price I got here is 28k. I am in NY. Thanks.
  • blackexv6blackexv6 Member Posts: 503
    Is that the 4-cyl model or V6?
  • rockbottomsrockbottoms Member Posts: 1
    Yeh i'm very certain that guy got the inline 4 version. I hope it's OTD price. Zag shows 24,424 as a baseline price for this model. We just got a 8 Pass V6 LE with backup cam, bluetooth, privacy glass, roof rack, carpets, power sliding doors. (Zag is 27,454)
    $27,950 Plus tax and license, so roughly $30k OTD. LONGO Toyota, #1 in Cali, Internet Manager Young Ji.
    Last advice to all those looking at the 7 passenger siennas, get the 8 seater! The middle row is no longer a bench, it's two captains plus 1 removable that stows in the back!!
    It's not necessarily the 4 cyl model. Actually, it seems most likely it's the 6 cyl. I bought my Sienna back in December and got it 17268. If I subtract off my options (towing, alarm, remote start, cargo organizers) and add on his accessories (roof rack), then my comparable price would have been 26544. I had a $1000 rebate which is no longer available, but recently I saw there was a $500 rebate on the Sienna, so that would have made it 27044. That's less than $100 from his price, so it seems definitely possible.
  • odysseyhuntodysseyhunt Member Posts: 5
    Finally purchased our first minivan. 2011 Sienna XLE W/Premium Package -FWD on friday.
    $34,753 (Price on the van), tax+ transfer of plates+ doc fees = $37,500 OTD.
    Libertyville Toyota in Chicago. Good service.
  • texsteelertexsteeler Member Posts: 9
    Another shopping piece of advice that worked very well for us is an after-market DVD player in conjunction with the dealership. As we're aware the premium package and/or entertainment is pretty expensive. Alternatively, I wasn't crazy about handing over my $32K minivan to some stranger so he could cut it up and install a DVD player.
    If you ask the dealership, chances are they have a partnership with a top-notch professional company that can install a player for around $1000, which can be rolled in to your financing. Although $1,000 is a bit over-priced for an after-market DVD player, it was worth the extra expense to me to have the support of the dealership on this. It's not something they like to advertise, because they prefer you buy the $2500 Toyota system, but if you ask about it it may work out well for you.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    some stranger so he could cut it up and install a DVD player

It's not as bad as it sounds. Most places let you watch as they install, and they use templates to cut out the headliner, which is basically cardboard anyway.

The installed told me Toyota pre-wires the headliner for power there, so he didn't even have to splice the wiring.

I paid around $900 installed, but got a 12" screen that dwarfed the factory 7" (at the time) screen which cost double.
  • texsteelertexsteeler Member Posts: 9
    Yes, you are correct in that the work shouldn't be that difficult and 90% of the installers will do a great job. I found that working it through the dealership, however, was a very positive experience. It also guarantees that there can be no negative impact on the factory warranty (very unlikely, I know, but I'm a worrier).
    No matter who installs it, however, I love having the DVD player there. Yes, there are Nintendo DS's and portable DVD players in this world but nothing beats the convenience of the built-in entertainment.
  • shoppingforcarshoppingforcar Member Posts: 10
    When I search on Truecar.com, I was given the best local price, however it's still much higher than the price shown in the "recent sales". Can somebody tell me how much room I can go from the best local price given by truecar.com? Thanks in advance.
  • loucapriloucapri Member Posts: 214
    I noticed the same thing as well. It seems to me a few buyers from this forum got their van for $500-$1500 less then the truecar.com price (depends on trim/option)

wonder how did they do that. Dealer in my area even asked more then what truecar.com shows, way too much :(
  • egardner1970egardner1970 Member Posts: 2
    Where do I start? Beaman Toyota is the epitome of the stereotypical "bait and switch" car dealer! We spent hours working a deal on a 2009 Prius. They let us wait in the little cubicle while they just sat on the situation to wear us down. We took the car home since it was late the first evening. The next evening, we spent hours again haggling over the interest rate. We were given 2.9% from the beginning. Then, in the last hour, we were told we had to go to 6.9%. We slid the keys across the desk and began to walk out. We made it half-way across the showroom when the finance manager, Scott, stopped us, brought us back to his office under the assumption that he could do something. He told us that he'd give us the 2.9% (that I had said was a deal-breaker from the beginning) if we just took the car another day. We conceded, signed the papers and left. We had the car for nearly a week when Beaman called and said that they couldn't do the deal as written. A week!!!! If a dealerships FINANCE MANAGER says something, he needs to be absolutely sure that he has the backing for what he commits to. Furthermore, you don't wait a week to tell the customer about the issue. I let a great deal on a 2007 Prius go because of all of this run-around, carrot dangling BS. They are directly connected to their creditors, they can review the credit reports in detail, on the spot. Scott simply rolled the dice assuming that if it got kicked back (and probably knew it would anyway), I would accept the change since we had grown accustomed to the car. That's why he pushed us to take the car overnight the second night and let the news go for a week, hoping we'd fall in love with it and just accept the deal. Needless to say, they got the car back and will never see me on their lot again. Furthermore, I will advise NO ONE to take their car business to them! Unless you are bringing cash to the table, go somewhere else!
  • raerae123raerae123 Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2011
    What was the MSRP on your van? Was there any rebates you used or did you negotiate down to that number. I am also shopping for a 2011 Sienna XLE with premium package and carpet mats with a MSRP of $39834. The best price I found was $35762, which they said was $500 below invoice. I checked the invoice price $36971 that one dealership that's closest to me gave me to Edmunds TMV invoice price, $36132, and it was about $839 difference. Needless to say I will be calling the salesman to ask why the difference.
    That's crazy. So you returned the car?

How did they even quote a rate without your credit report in the first place?
  • egardner1970egardner1970 Member Posts: 2
    Latest update: In response to my complaints, here and elsewhere, Beaman stepped up to the plate, reduced the price on the car commensurate with the increase in interest rate which they could not avoid and offered a number of other benefits in good will to regain our trust. The finance manager made every effort to make amends. For this, I will give him big stars. I will evaluate their service department over the next year and will be fair to offer a positive review as our experience continues to improve.
    Not sure if this is fair to post....but we just bought a very slightly used (1,400 mile) 2011 Limited FWD with Ltd Premium Pkg (dvd & nav) and Convenience pkg, remote start, floor mats/door sill guards, & roof cross bars for $37,500. Everything checked out, not a single mark on it and as close to brand new as you can get. Headphones and DVD remote were still in sealed packages. Guy decided he didn't want it and traded for 4Runner. Had to drive a couple hours to get it....but well worth it. If nothing else it's a lesson....be sure you know what you want because somebody took a bath on that deal.
  • raerae123raerae123 Member Posts: 5
    Just came home with my new 2011 Toyota Sienna XLE with FWD. It is the 8 passenger with the premium package. The MSRP was 40142 and I got it for $34747 that included a $1000 military rebate. I used ZAG.com and Truecar.com to get the best price. The dealer was Germain Toyota in Columbus, OH.

Trim: 2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 8 passenger FWD
    List of Accessories: carpet mats, door sill protects, mudguard, and lower side body moldings
    Price including all fees before taxes: 34747 plus tax, title and $250 document fee
    City and State: Columbus OH
    The Dealers name : Germain Toyota
  • sharlo1sharlo1 Member Posts: 1
    My 2006 XLE with DVD was totaled in February. (no fault of my own). I just got the check from insurance and was ready to buy the new Sienna XLE with premium package. On March 4, I was able to buy it for 34,8. Today I was quoted 37,017! Holy cow what is up with this huge price increase? Honestly now I don't know what to buy! I have 3 kids and plan on driving this car into the ground...(like I planned on my last one) HELP! Should I rent a car and wait until April to see what incentives they may have? OR has the earthquake ruined any possibility of that?
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    I would shop other dealers. The Sienna is made in the USA.

Prices on the Honda Odyssey have not increased that much. Sooo, as I wrote, shop other dealers. There is one out there that will be glad to get your insurance check.
    Find another dealer, one who is not gouging on prices.

While there may be a few parts still supplied from Japan, the vast majority are made right here, and the plants are running at full steam building Siennas.

Supply is not affected, at least not yet.
  • sienna57sienna57 Member Posts: 1
    came home last night with 2011 Sienna AWD Limited with Ltd Premium and Convenience pkgs

Trim: 2011 Toyota Sienna 2011 Sienna AWD Limited

List of Accessories: carpet mats, door sill protects, cross bars
    Price including all fees before taxes: 41400 plus tax, title and $100 document fee
    City and State: Baltimore, MD
  • jacobsmomma1jacobsmomma1 Member Posts: 32
    Congratulations! :) We love ours so much. We didn't renew our Sirius subscription after the free trial period.

We paid 41195 10 months ago but it didn't convenience package with it. Details is on post #10429!
    I just read that Toyota has told all of their North American plants to prepare for the possibility of a shutdown.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/23/autos/toyota_us_plant_shutdown/index.htm?hpt=T2
    Yeah, I'm afraid this will have a domino effect on the whole industry.

Even Chevy has to suspend Colorado pickup production because of a controller from the auto trans that comes from Japan, even though that model is built here.
  • seahawk5150seahawk5150 Member Posts: 1
    2011 Sienna XLE FWD with Nav Package, preferred equipment package, and Toyota remote start. Cypress Pearl/Bisque. $34,470 (price with destination), $36,681 OTD. Corey at Milham Toyota in Easton, PA was wonderful to work with. Got a slightly better price elsewhere, but chose the dealership/salesperson that treated me better.
  • brianlrippergebrianlripperge Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone run into a problem with dealers in your area not being allocated certain option combinations for the various Sienna trim levels? I've been told by multiple dealers in Southern California that "Toyota" does not allocate Sienna XLE's without the Nav, RES or Premium options. I'm shopping for an XLE without these 3 options and I'm being told I won't find it in SoCal. I know it's available in NoCal, AZ, TX, FL,... Anyone else with a similar experience? Also, I've written Toyota a couple of times on this without a response.
    Yep happens all the time. Toyota has been doing this all the way back to 1992 when I bought my first...I don't think I've ever gotten one exactly how I wanted. Just bought a Ltd with a lot of crap I don't want.... :confuse:
  • alf_masteralf_master Member Posts: 5
    I managed to get yesterday an XLE FWD 8 pass for $30675 plus +200 fees + tax and title. The "best" truecar price in NE Ohio was $31,152 + fees and such. I had another dealer at $31k flat as well.
  • offset_98offset_98 Member Posts: 31
    2011 XLE
    Black outside, Gray inside
    Mats and Sill Protectors
    Cross Bars for Roof Rack

$30,700 + TTL
  • dhander1969dhander1969 Member Posts: 1
    2011 XLE FWD 8 pass

Mats and sill protector
    Crossbars
    Mud guards
    Wheel locks

$30,000 + TTL
  • lyagushkalyagushka Member Posts: 1
    After going over a few truecar.com leads I finally purchased a 2011 Sienna XLE AWD for 37357.60 + $55 doc fee + registration and sales tax (Sandy Beach, Nav, Premium, Mats and Sill Protector).

If you live in SF Bay Area I would certainly recommend Fairfield Toyota Internet Sales Director (good price, easy to work with)
  • bobby85225bobby85225 Member Posts: 6
    Where did you pick this up?
    What is final OTD?
  • samsam5samsam5 Member Posts: 2
    What have you paid for a 2011 Sienna XLE with Nav package in Texas? I am in Houston and trying to find a good deal.

Thanks
  • jattsinghjattsingh Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2011
    I am trying to find a XLE with premium package, anyone have any buying experiences? So far I have been finding prices in the high $30's. Would $35k + TTL be realistic or is that too far fetched?