Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gocubsgo1gocubsgo1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello All,

Thought it would be great to share what I paid for my Sienna XLE, AWD, with the Premium Package, Nav, Entertainment, etc. I paid, OTD, $41,500 in a north Chicago suburb. Used the info other posters had paid, and it worked out great with my negotiating.

Car drives great, and my wife loves it. Good luck to all future purchasers!
  • az2011az2011 Member Posts: 3
    went to a local dealer and the best price that i can get is $36750 + TTL + $500 doc fee. don't know if this is a good deal or i should wait till Dec. see if TOYOTA will offer any cash rebate.
  • houston77498houston77498 Member Posts: 11
    Hi lxowner2,

Thank you for your post. Could you please forward contact information or name of dealership in MO. or I can choose any one of them. Please reply ASAP.
  • lxowner2lxowner2 Member Posts: 51
    No problem Houston, glad to help.

Try Molle Toyota. 8yr/75K for under $700, 8yr/100K for under $1,000.
    :shades: lxowner2....U R Rocking.......

Save thousands!...Defiantly Everyone consider Molle Toyota for your Extended Warranty.

I much appreciate your post and guideline. God Bless you. :blush:
  • urglieurglie Member Posts: 20
    Any comment?
    Houston, you are very welcome! Glad to help, and thanks for the well wishes!

About to close a deal on a 2012 Sienna Limited AWD with Premium and Covenience (headlight) packages, and will be going to Molle Toyota too for my extended warranty.

What did you end up getting and paying? Did you also get the extended maintenance plan from them too?
  • meteorwishmeteorwish Member Posts: 1
    i am looking at the sienna lt 2012. i would like to make as a group. i believed the reasonable OTD price is 10% OFF the MSRP.
  • scottcarascottcara Member Posts: 12
    Don't know if it has been asked before, but, with everyone buying the Sienna from Toyota, does it ever make sense to do a bulk buy from a dealer i.e. pool multiple purchases together to get a greater discount?

I am in NC and I am sure that the dealers do that when they buy (SouthEast Toyota Consortium)...Why can't consumers do the same?

Thanks!
    lxowner2,

For 8yrs/100K for $990.

They advice me not to go for extended maintenance plan any more, the guy is really customer oriented not only selling there product.
    Houston, I was thinking of the same thing on the maintenance plan. Oil changes and other scheduled maintenance is not all that expensive to justify prepaying for it now.

I was going to go with the 8 year/100K mile option too. At 990, it makes sense for the extra year and miles.

How are you liking your Sienna Limited?
    Lowner2,
    Stunning, fall in love..kids like a lot with their DVD and plug outlets plus easy to get in get out compare to other 8 passenger seat option, Toyota has to think seriously about middle seat, they have better arrangement in old Model like from 2004 to 2009, but after 2011 it’s piece of junk (Base of that Middle Seat you can’t take it out :cry::cry: ) and Blizzard Pearl color is only in Limited, so you have to go with Limited to get this things… :mad: What a Business policy…. :confuse:
  • jjjohn64jjjohn64 Member Posts: 6
    Looks like you got a super deal "gocubsgo1". I checked on ZAG for your configuration 2012 Sienna XLE AWD, Entertainment Pkg, Premium Pkg and XLE Navigation Pkg.

The price that I am getting for it from a north Libertyville toyota is $43,871 + $3400 in taxes + $155 doc fee= $47,426. This price is $4,499 price off the MSRP.

Are you 100% certain that you paid 41,500 OTD (including taxes)?
    jjjohn64, you may be keying in too many options on zag. The Premium Package includes both the Navigation package and the Entertainment package. You need only click the Premium Package for those options. Otherwise, the items are duplicated in your cost run when you choose them separately. The most equipped XLE AWD has a sticker of $44K or so, and the next version up is the XLE Limited AWD and the most equipped Limited is a $47K sticker or so.
  • goldenpiggygoldenpiggy Member Posts: 2
    Seems like a fair deal, but what's up with that $500 doc fee? Sounds like the regional ad fee, which you CAN negotiate regardless what they say.

Right now there's $1500 dealer cash back for 2011's, and they must be moving them since I could hardly find 2011 XLE's.

BTW 2012 XLE's add auto-on headlamps, powered passenger seat, telematics, and that extra 1mpg for HWY. In my test drive, the 2012 electric power steering feels better than then the 2011 that I've rented for 3 weeks.

I ended up getting a certified used 2011 XLE with NAV and DVD for $31250. No regrets. Interior sucks compared to Odyssey, but it is like an A380 with rockets strapped on. Big and fast.
  • pkb7pkb7 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    I have negotiated for a 2012 Sienna LE with Anti-Theft System with Engine Immobilizer, Towing Prep Package, Roof Rack Cross Bars, Carpet Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector. The price is $27,859 plus 6% tax, plus tag transfer and doc fees, for a total OTD of $29,813. Sounds like a really good price, right?

I am buying in MD but live in PA. The dealer (Fitzgerald) says they will take care of the paperwork. I am buying in MD but registering in PA, and I wonder if I am missing a loophole and I'll get stuck with an unexpected sales tax bill in PA. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
  • reesarooterreesarooter Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I just got a 2011 Toyota Sienna conversion van. I'm in NJ and I worked with the state vocational rehabilitation department. They paid not only for the evaluations necessary to be sure I got the correct equipment -- they also paid for the entire conversion. So I paid only for the vehicle.

I recommend anyone who needs a handicap vehicle contact their state vocational rehab dept. It will take longer but you'll be sure you get the right vehicle, and you'll also get knowledgeable advice and/or financial help.

Your best advice will come from the conversion dealer, not :) the vehicle dealer.

Good luck!
    I just purchased a new 2012 Sienna Limited AWD with Premium Package, Convenience Package and Carpeted Floor Mats/Door Sill Protectors.

Sticker $46,620
    Invoice $43,468
    Sales price $42,200 plus tax and tags

Not a lot of 2012 Limited purchases recently here, so I think I did well getting over a thousand below invoice. Took the 1.9% Toyota financing too.

Finance guy was slime so did not even bother negotiating any additions with him. I plan on getting an 8 year/100,000 mile extended warranty ($990) from Molle Toyota in MO, but passing on the prepaid maintenance since the car requires oil changes every 10,000 miles.

Is the run-flat tire hazard protection worth it? Somewhere around $600 for 4 years (includes rims and tires).
  • vpadvpad Member Posts: 1
    I live in Dunwoody, GA. I got the below vehicle for $39,000 USD out the door (All Inclusive)

2012 Toyota Sienna XLE
    XLE Premium Package
    Carpet Mats
    Toyo Guard
    Tint for 4 Windows
    Bumper Protector
    Interior Care (I don't know the exact name. It was $700 as per the dealership)
    Taxes + DMV Fees

Does anybody have an Idea if this is a good deal ? Am I missing something here ? This is aleast $2000 - $3000 less than other dealers in the area.
  • will4roewill4roe Member Posts: 1
    xle standard with no options selected
    msrp 34015 dealer price 31500
    Is this a good deal? Can I take away the car with a $31,000 offer?
    Thanks.
    So I discovered an excellent source for discounted genuine Toyota accessories, Ballweg Midwest Toyota. Their parts department is great.

I recently purchased a 2012 Sienna Limited AWD, and just ordered:
    -mud guards
    -door edge protectors
    -cross bars (for the roof rails)
    -iPod interface kit
    -all-weather floor mats
    -wheel locks

I saved about $170 off of MSRP (shipping was $20), and did not pay local tax. The only item I need installed at a dealer's service center is the iPod kit, since you have to take apart the dash. But that is one hour labor ($115), which you would have to pay anyway.

Anyway, thought I would share for those interested in items you previously did not consider at the point of purchase!
    Yes. In my area (Chicago) XLE Base 2012 FWD is $30,952. Note that this is without carpet mats
  • carchic1carchic1 Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2011
    Looking for out the door quotes of what people in the NY metro area have been paying for the Sienna base XLE model with AWD, with no packages. Grateful in advance for any guidance and what dealerships have been offering prices quoted.
  • moscik81moscik81 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    WHAT THE BEST DEAL I CAN GET FOR THAT CAR ???

Looking to own one or lease ... What the best OTD price i can get . I living in NJ/NY area and willing to travel 100 m to gerat best price.

Thanks to all off You for help !!!
  • uxouriousuxourious Member Posts: 1
    Would like to know following ?

1. I live in Atlanta and new to USA. Should I look for the car in same metro area or should I look for rural areas of GA?
    2. How can I get the quote over the email ?
    3. What are the things I have to be aware off before I buy the car from the dealer ?

Thank in advance !! Any guidance would help.
    Lowest prices in the NYC Metro area I have seen have been via the internet departments at Westchester Toyota (selling +/- invoice) and Queensboro Toyota (selling at invoice).
    Just bought my extended warranty from Molle Toyota, 8 year/100,000 miles with zero deductible for $990 with no tax. Molle has the best price around, and it is an easy transaction over the phone. Go Molle!
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I'm looking for a similar van. Would you mind posting dealer info?
    Westchester Toyota and Queensboro Toyota. Both internet departments give fair deals, one a little better than the other. Know that there is still room to negotiate no matter what price they give you. There was a dealership in NJ with aggressive pricing too, but they hosed me on valuing my trade, telling me one value on email (after inspecting my trade prior visit) but then another value when I got there to close the deal. So, not recommending them at all.
  • jsrhinojsrhino Member Posts: 1
    Will4roe,
    Can you provide details of this location? I am getting quotes that are +1K more than your quote.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Thanks. I'll be up there for the Jets game, so I might be able to use them.
  • timbowjtimbowj Member Posts: 1
    I got the very basic 3.5L V6 model, without the LE package. I got mats and tinted windows but nothing else. I paid $26.8K OTD.
    The Jets? Eww.

Use their internet departments to first get quotes.
  • badcompany2011badcompany2011 Member Posts: 2
    I am in the San Francisco Bay Area and am looking for a 2012 Sienna XLE with NAV package. What is the best price I can get and at which dealer. I also want the 8 year/100K warranty--what's a good price on that?
    Haven't bought a new car in a long time so any tips on how to deal with the negotiations will be appreciated.
    Thanks for your help.
  • badcompany2011badcompany2011 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for sienna XLE also and can join you in buying collectively
  • ralphwiggum1ralphwiggum1 Member Posts: 31
    I'm also in if we find a great group deal. My preference would be the XLE with Entertainment, which I know is rare. Standard XLE would be fine also.
    In Nov I purchased brand new 2012 Toyota Sienna Limited FWD-7-passenger with Limited Premium Package in TX For $43,650. This web site helps me a lot in research.

The selling price was $40,720 + tax ($2649.67), title/license transfer & doc fees ($263.50) = $43650.00 - OTD

MSRP for this van was: $45,527
    this includes:
    a) 50 State Emissions
    b) Carpet Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector
    c) Special Color
    d) Limited Upgrade
    e) Ltd Premium Package
    f) Window Tint
    g) Cross Bars
    h) Vehicle Shield Package

Try Molle Toyota, MO. 8yr/75K for under $700, 8yr/100K for under $1,000 for extended warranty, I learned from this site that you can buy an extended warranty from any Toyota dealership (even out of state) and every Toyota service center accepts it for covered repairs. The best deal around is from a dealership in MO. You can buy it over the phone, and save over 50% from the MSRP. For example, I got a quote on the 8 year/75,000 mile plan for under $700. Plus, you won't pay tax on it either.

If you need more info simply reply.
  • trainftrainf Member Posts: 2
    Can you please dealership info I am interested in purchasing same.
  • trainftrainf Member Posts: 2
    I was offered this for 31298 OTD by a dealer here in Dallas Fort Worth, but I bargained it and settled for 30500 OTD paid a deposit with credit card. They did not have the color I was looking for they said they would secure one and cal me. After about 5 days they said they could not secure the car and if I am still interested will sell for 31600 OTD.

Do you think this is common my first time buying new.
  • isodyokisodyok Member Posts: 17
    Truecar shows 28,085.00 (including destination & regional ad) for LE V6 8-pass FWD, no extras. Does anybody getting a better price in NY/CT/MA area ?
  • naughtycanaughtyca Member Posts: 22
    worst thing you can do is price a car that is not in their lot, never put any money down
    I bought a 2012 Toyota Sienna LE V6, 8 Passenger, FWD for 27465 + 500 for remote starter (up to 2000 feet with confirmation) + 160 for mud guards + 1600 for 8 yr/100k Platinum warranty + 0 for Tow package + 0 for Carpet mats + 0 for engine immobilizer + 0 for 50 state emissions = 29725.

I am planning to return the Warranty within 30 days and get full refund. And then buy the warranty from the MO dealer for under ~1000. So my price will be 29725 - 1600 + 1000= 29125. For those who bought the 8 yr/100k warranty from the MO dealer, can you tell me if it is a Platinum or Gold warranty? I am thinking it is the Gold one as there is a big difference to what I paid (1600) for the platinum warranty.

Taxes were additional 8% for the area I live in. I also took the 1.9% for 60 months financing.
    I purchased the extended warranty from Molle, 8 year/100K miles. It is the Platinum, not Gold.
    edited December 2011
    got a quote on LE with Leather $28,361 dealer fee 699, tag 304 amount to be financed 31,166, i might calle Molle for insurance. most likley ill be taking the deal

v6 8 pass fwd
  • xinxinrenxinxinren Member Posts: 9
    Hi, isodyok

Congratulations on your new Sienna! Can you please share your dealership info? My email address is: xinxinren456@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot.
  • stock786stock786 Member Posts: 7
    hi Can you give me the deallers name and address i want to buy one before dec ends
    jjjohn64,

I think 27,465.00 for 2012 V6 8-Pass FWD is an excellent price considering that you got Tow package, Carpet mats, engine immobilizer (which is standard on this trim, but you may have got Anti-theft alarm w/engine immobilizer which is an option) included in this price. :)

Could you please share the dealership name ? Thank you.
    JJJohn64, if you have bought you Sienna on or after Dec 12th you may get a $1000.00 worth of debit card from Toyota, try this http://www.toyota.com/shareathon/ :D
    Has anybody used this inexpensive warranty? sorry just being skeptical
  • xinxinrenxinxinren Member Posts: 9
    Hi, jjjohn64

Can you share the dealership information with me? I am buying before year end. Many thanks. You can email me: xinxinren456@yahoo.com