Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2000-2011 Chevrolet Malibu

Comments

• spratt1spratt1 Member Posts: 53
    Thanks for everyone's information. Sounds like the only particular problem is with the brakes/rotors. I will watch them carefully and go to the semi-metalic when necessary. Other than that sounds like a very good car.

We purchased a 2003 LS, but not the leather option. Anyone know where to get custom (accounts for the steering wheel spoke and in the right color) leather wrap for the steering wheel. Not the one size fits all type at the auto parts store.

Thanks,
    spratt1
  • polymerasepolymerase Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys,

I hear someone wants to know about brake problems. Hears one. I have (had) a 2000 Malibu. Recently the brakes started locking up on me. I'm not a car expert, but the way I descibe it is that the pads would make soft contact with the rotor. Just enough to make a skipping noise (just like if you were to run your finger along a plastic bowl that has just been washed) the front of the car would vibrate a lot and there would be sub-par braking power. I took it to the dealership twice and they said they couldn't find anything. There was a lull so I thought it was a kink that had worked itself out, then it started up again. I told the dealership (again) and it was scheduled to go in this Tuesday. The car must have heard me on the phone because of course, it didn't give me any trouble at all. Well, until Sunday that is. The brakes lock and this time virtually zero braking power. I went out into an intersection and got hit in the rear. Here is the funny part. The car got hauled away and later that day another wreck was put beside mine (well, the damage to my car wasn't bad enough to call it a wreck, yet). The other car apparently exploded and the flames spread to mine. I haven't seen it yet, but according to the police one side is black and the inside is melted. What can you do but laugh? Anyway, any ideas as to what the brake problem might be? Not that it really matter anymore, just curious.
  • deminindeminin Member Posts: 214
    You can find a real leather steering wheel cover at www.comfysheep.com. They charge $50, plus shipping. Once in awhile, one shows up on EBAY, but size and color may not be right.
  • dindakdindak Member Posts: 6,632
    Most car manuals tell you to take it easy on the brakes for the first 700 miles or whatever so they can break in and will last longer. Many people don't do this and I'm sure it leads to problems regardless of which car you drive. Brake problems are not unique to the Malibu, lots of cars have them and I think it's partly because people go hard on them, especially in the beginning.
  • buguybuguy Member Posts: 16
    Those of us in the frigid NorthEast have to watch the level in the power steering resevoir. Every year about this time my 99 Bu looses about an ounce to the ground and the steering growls when making moderately sharp turns either way. If too much is lost the steering wheel will shake like a bad CV joint in sharp turns. It is common to chevy and Grand Am with the same system. During the very cold mornings the seals do not expand enough on initial start up to prevent a slight fluid drip. There is no fix, it is easy to just add up to the line with fresh fluid and a very cheap remedy. The dealer will find nothing if the car is taken in for service. They will also deny the problem. At 0 degrees or below it is a 100% failure rate on these cars. Just a little FYI. Thankfully Spring is just around the corner.
  • robby8robby8 Member Posts: 17
    I too have had my share of rotor problems. My 2000 Malibu with 50 000 km(31 250 miles)has had three sets of rotors and they have been machined twice. My question is however, can I take my car for its regular maintenance to a mechanic that I trust instead of the dealer and not void the warranty? I am pretty sure you can, but I just want to get some confirmation of this. After just spending $870 for a 50 000 km check which included new brake pads and machining the rotors again, I have lost confidence in the dealer. Any thoughts would be appreciated
  • bcmalibu99lsbcmalibu99ls Member Posts: 625
    Robby, it appears you have turned into a cash cow for your dealer. Since the profit margins on sales of new cars are so low, dealers get their revenge when you go back for service. You may want to check your manual and warranty brochure for warranty info, but my guess would be if an independent mechanic helps you with rotors, it wouldn't void the warranty for the rest of the vehicle. You are not in BC, by the way, are you? If yes, I'd like to know the name of your dealer, please
  • aneiheiselaneiheisel Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 LS when I engage cruise it works fine. My question is on my 1998 LS I have a little cruise dash light come on . On the 2003 no light, bulb problem or removed to save 10 cents.
  • toonzeetoonzee Member Posts: 19
    Malibu LS, with Preferred Equipment Package.
    List 22060.00. 3000 chevy rebate, 750 Phila area auto show rebate. Dealer takes 1870 off sticker. This brings me down to 16440. $5620 total off sticker. Than for some unknow reason GM sends me an email saying they are giving me a total of 2060 in rebate money to be used by Jan 31, 2003. (don't know why or how I got that incentive, I have a GM card, only 400 bucks in earnings previous to the GM gift). So needless to say, if I jump on this deal, the price will be down to 14380. I have a 1995 GMC Jimmy, Kelly blue book, and edmunds says I should get 4690 or so on a trade. Bottom line, does this sound like a good deal. And yes the dealer will give me 4700 for the Jimmy. So essentially, after all is said and done, I am paying about 9700 bucks total, counting the trade. Any input greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Toonzee, even without the rebates the malibu is an excellent car for the money. With what is being offered to you in the way of trade, rebates and incentives, it is spectacular. I am considered a "gearhead" and wont part with my 99' 4 cylinder. The 2002 and 3's are even better and being an LS adds to the option package. Only concern is the intake maniford on the 6 at about 60,000 miles but I would be surprised if GM has not addressed the problem on new engines. I did a comparison to the camry when looking in early 99 and feel I made the correct decision with the chevy. First American car for me in 30 yrs. I will get another if this ever wears out. You will use brakes like potato chips but it depends on your driving style, hilly areas where you drive and how much highway use it gets. No worse than others of the same weight. The cruise control is #1 in the industry. Airconditioning while not ice cold will take very little away from the engine or fuel mileage. Parts are quite cheap and available. Good luck. I hope you take advantage of the bargain.
    Really sounds like a great deal. I'll mention our deal which was similar to yours and is why we jumped at it.

Sticker on LS w/options = 21,600
    less factory rebate = -3000
    less our GM points = -3000
    less dealer discount = -2500
    ------------------------------------------------
    Total = $13100

They then gave me $16,600 for my trade

Result: They wrote us a check for $3500!

You are in that same ball park of a deal. Couldn't do much better.
  • dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    Get a new car and walk away with $3500. Not a bad deal.

toonzee: If you like the way it looks and rides, BUY IT!!!!! that's a great deal. The Malibu has gotten better since the late 2000 model year.

Good luck.
  • toonzeetoonzee Member Posts: 19
    the car for this price. Just picked it up, can't beat the deal, or the value for the money. What most surprised me was the fact that the dealer didn't try to rape me on the trade in to make up for the discounted car price. Thanks again guys, got the metallic red, with the spoiler, aluminum wheels, etc. Sweet looking.
  • robertp4robertp4 Member Posts: 22
    I have a 99 Malibu with a 4 cylinder engine and 35,000 miles. I noticed the other day wet a spot size of half dollar on the driveway 6 inches in from the right front tire. Took it to my local mechanic and was told the water pump was leaking by the weep hole. TSB 01-06-02-012 tells you to "install a coolant collector which traps and absorbs normal weepage of the pump".
    Has anybody had this problem, and how was it fixed. My way is to replace the pump, but parts and labor cost $800, and the TSB says weepage is normal.
    Robertp4....I am enjoying the same car, engine, year and think you need to replace the w/pump. Honestly, it should not be coming out the weep hole. It means a seal is bad. Also, $800 might be the dealer cost of replacement but a garage will do it for 1/2 that. The reason for the unreasonably high price is the pump being run by the timing chain rather than the serp belt. Good idea until it fails. 77,000 on my 99 with the 2.4L and no drips at all. From past notes on this site it is mentioned that the high cost of the water pump is one of the reasons for the demise of the 2.4. Now going to be a 2.2. Sad to see this great 4 leave the scene.
  • robertp4robertp4 Member Posts: 22
    Buguy
    Thanks for the info. Both my mechanic and the dealer state it is about 6-7 hours work shop manual book. However I called Chevy direct to see if they will pick up some of the cost. They will call me back in 2 days. Will keep you posted
  • tamu2002tamu2002 Member Posts: 758
    I know everybody already knew the Malibu won the best initial quality award in 2002, but I still feel compelled to make a comment on this. Last night just for fun I got on the JD power's website and checked out their ratings on Malibu, Accord, Camry and some others. Surprisingly they gave the Accord and Camry only 3 stars (out of 5) in the Mechanical quality catagory, and gave the Malibu 5 stars! Actually the Malibu got a 5 star in interior quality as well.
    I just thought that was very interesting.
    Tamu, yeah, it's been discussed before that 2002 Bu beats them Japanese silly. Too bad for those of us with earlier year models :-)
    Tamu. Yup..Malibu is beating several of the cars costing thousands more. Now if Chevy would only use that info in an advertising campaign, they might make more sales. Also, I would like to see Consumer Reports do a fair analysis of the Malibu..course knowing that bunch-if its not foreign made, its no good.
  • 0patience0patience Member Posts: 1,712
    Man, someone is making money off you folks.
    The water pump kit is about $150, that is a new water pump too.
    Water pump R&R is about 6 hours.
    So figuring a high $85/hour, that brings it to $580,plus incidentals of about another $60
    Which brings it to $640.

Now, the part that YOU should pay close attention to is the parts in the TSB I have made bold.

Water Pump Weep (Install Coolant Collector) #01-06-02-012 - (11/30/2001)
    Water Pump Weep (Install Coolant Collector)
    1996-1998 Buick Skylark
    1996-2002 Chevrolet Cavalier
    1997-1999 Chevrolet Malibu
    1996-1998 Oldsmobile Achieva
    1999-2001 Oldsmobile Alero
    1996-2001 Pontiac Grand Am
    1996-2002 Pontiac Sunfire
    with 2.4L Engine (VIN T - RPO LD9)
    Condition
    Some owners may comment on leakage of a few drops of coolant after parking their vehicle. A technician may notice that the water pump may show a staining around the weep hole.
    Cause
    The occasional drop of coolant and the staining may be the evidence of normal coolant weepage. The weep hole prevents normal coolant weepage from accumulating around the bearing seal. For more information on this normal condition, refer to Corporate Bulletin Number 00-06-02-009.
    Correction
    Replacing the water pump for this normal weepage is likely to result in a repeat of the customer concern. To address customer concerns and promote customer satisfaction, a coolant collector has been developed to trap and absorb normal weepage of the pump. The coolant collector is a hinged, two-part collar that easily snaps around the neck of the water pump. Installing this new part is quick and effective and reduces unnecessary water pump replacement.
    The coolant collector has a limited capacity to absorb coolant. If diagnosis with a pressure test of the coolant system indicates a failed pump seal, or if the customer concern is for coolant consumption, installing the coolant collector will not correct the condition.
    Coolant Collector Installation
    Raise and suitably support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in the General Information subsection of the applicable Service Manual.
    Place the open hinged coolant collector around the narrow neck area of the water pump. Position the hinged portion towards the front of the vehicle. Close the coolant collector, ensuring the tongue enter the latch. Exert pressure to lock the coolant collector in place until an audible click is heard, which ensure retention.
    Lower the vehicle.
    Parts Information
    The coolant collector is available as part of an updated water pump kit and is also available separately.

Part Number Description Qty
    12573729 Coolant Collector 1

Parts are currently available from GMSPO.
    Warranty Information
    For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation
     Description Labor Time J3701
     Water Pump, Coolant Collector - Install 0.3 hr
    Opatience....great information. I have been fortunate. no leaks or noise from mine in almost 75,000 miles. Hoping it doesn't start leaking. I can't remember ever hearing of another engine/waterpump combination that is more difficult to replace. This coolant collector seems like more of an appeasement than a waterpump fix. In the past when the pump leaks out the weep hole it means replacement is advised in short order. GM thinks if you keep from seeing the antifreeze under the car all is well! I think it is more likely a way to keep the EPA from yelling about contaminations in the ground under our cars. And I though Ford had all the "better ideas!"
  • djoller1djoller1 Member Posts: 3
    1998 Malibu - 55800 miles.
    Intake manifold gasket leaking coolant.
    $690 repair plus additional cost of oil and coolant change.
    I don't know about the specific problems related to the 2.4L engine, but a few years ago I had an Olds Firenza with a 4-banger, and about one week after it went out of warranty, I started getting a minor leak at the water pump. It looked like a major project to replace the pump, so I added a can of "Bars Leak" to the radiator. The leak stopped within a couple of hundred miles, and the next time I flushed the radiator, I put in another can. I think the Firenza had about 90K miles when I traded it, and never added another drop of anti-freeze after the Bars Leak treatment. I would certainly try that before I spent hundreds on a water pump..just a thought.
  • chevymalibu19chevymalibu19 Member Posts: 49
    Tamu, could you be so kind and post the link to that page about the malibu quility, that will be wonderful. Thanks alot.
    djoller1, sorry to hear about your coolant leak! Could you please tell us if you've ever replaced your coolant prior to leakage? If yes, how many miles you had when you changed it? Thanks!
    Hi Malibu19, here it is: http://www.jdpower.com/auto/pvs/auto.jsp#

And use the "I know what I want".
  • chevymalibu19chevymalibu19 Member Posts: 49
    Thanks alot Tamu, that is pretty interesting. I'm glad to see. I really wish chevy would use that info in the advertising.

Also, i had a coolant leak also. It was a long time ago though. I still had under 36000 miles, cause it was fixed under factory warranty. Not only did i have a coolant leak, but from the same spot, they said i also had a oil leak. They replaced something, and tightened something else, and fixed. Haven't come up again since. Now i have 120,000 miles.

Also, some very sad news. I have detected my first rattle in my car the other day. It's soft almost faint, but I can still hear it.
    I've seen a Malibu ad several times on TV in the last month where they mention they beat Accord and Camry in initial quality. Problem is, it will take time to convince a lot of people that it's not just a fluke and that American based car makers do make good cars now.

I know it, but like the girl who sits next to me in the office says, "Honda or Toyota or nothing". Can't change her mind no matter what.
    Before we start parading the down Main Street touting that Malibu beats the Accord an dCamry in Initial Quality, take a closer look at the report again. The Malibu is not even in the same category as the Accord or Camry. The Malibu won the award for Mid-size entry. The Accord and Camry are in the premium midsize category although Buick Century did win that category.

http://www.jdpa.com/presspass/pr/pressrelease.asp?ID=2002040

It's still nice to see that Malibu has improved.
  • regfootballregfootball Member Posts: 2,166
    calling the Century 'premium' is a HUUUUUUGGGGEEEE strectch. Premium, my butt.
    Could say the same for Camry and Accord.
    I am wondering what makes a car "premium" anyway. The horsepower? The upholstery? The number of airbags? Traction control, DSC, brake assist? What?
    My guess premumm has to do with the average price of the car. Malibu tops out in the low $20's. Century and Accord are inthe mid $20's.

Who knows? Either way it is a nice award for Malibu. It appears GM is starting to get their act together. But only time will tell. Of course their sales were down 2% ths past January.
    We got a fantastic deal on our Malibu. But even if we had paid only $2,000 less that MSRP, it still would have been a great deal compared to the cost of an Accord or a Camry. I once owned an Accord (and a Civic, for what its worth), and have rented Camrys. While they are certainly very fine cars, they are in NO WAY worth $4,000 to $8,000 more than a comparably equipped Malibu. It is insanity, or close mindedness to think otherwise. We have had ours for three weeks, but I have reviewed all postings on potential problems. The potential problems are very few. Every car, even the best, have a number of particular problems. Our other car is a 99 Volvo V70 wagon (a $38,000 car), and if you were to see the sites on that car you'd run away as fast as you could. Yet the our V70 has been excellent. And the Malibu appears MUCH MORE reliable than the V70 from the postings. This Malibu is a tremendous car for the $. Don't believe anything else. As one of the reviews said, a car is really good when it impresses its owner, not just an observer. Now, if only GM would make all there cars like the Malibu, instead of like the Cavalier (a real piece of garbage)!!!

In reference to dtownfb, you are right. The Malibu is NOT in the same category as the Camry of Accord. It needs its own category, as it costs sooo much less, but is possibly better!
    Turn your blinker on (either left or right, doesn't matter) and drive without turning and with the blinker blinking for about 3/4 of a mile. See what happens!

Oh, and make sure you are not somewhere where other drivers would shoot you for having your blinker on for that long without actually turning!
  • abrareyabrarey Member Posts: 1
    Hi I'm very happy with my Malibu, is a great car, I have this car for about 1 year and I never had a problem with it. I recommend this car to everyone.
    Just want to add to my post #1431.

We just returned from a 300 mile round trip to Tyler, Texas (from Dallas). I have recently rented a Camry for a similar round trip to College Station for work. The Malibu was just as quiet on highway and around town (except engine when floored for passing - big deal). Power was better with Malibu. Malibu ride was just as compliant, but better in that it was tighter and not as "floaty" as the Camry. Much better road feel with the Malibu. Overall, Malibu was definetly better. Accord ride (I test drove one before getting the Malibu) was rougher, though slightly better handling. I NEVER thought I would say this about a GM car. No comparison when $ is factored in.
    Great to see all the good posts about reliability and value for price paid. Absolutely correct about our chevys. Not too far from 80,000 on my 99 and it runs as well as or better than the day I drove it off the dealers lot in late 98.' My son lives at the dealership with his camry. A very nice quiet car but way too many little problems. Reading other posts I see we have fewer than most for consistent complaints. We know what are the problem areas and I think GM might just be starting to address them as well. When gas prices go to $2 per, our 25 to 30 mpg in a good size family sedan with a huge trunk, will look even better. Thanks chevy. We knew you could do it....
  • malownmalown Member Posts: 5
    Hi, everyone! I've been reading this forum for some time and enjoyed what all you guys to input for Malibu. I have a '00 Malibu LS with 45K miles (I'm the first owner, and hopefully, the last), and my comment on it is a basic and solid car, with lots of functions and spacious trunk. I've serviced (oil changes) the car regularly, and at 33K had changed the disk brake pads (the mechanic said it was usual wear, though it seemed a little more than usual). Today I'd like to ask for your suggestions and answers for some of my questions before I take it to the dealers for some problems my Bu experienced recently:

1)During the last 2K miles I found the gas mileage has decreased from about 25~26 mpg to 22~24 mpg (highway/local drives about 50/50, and I've made a 400 mile trip during the Christmas, and only got 25~27 mpg for pure highway drive, which is way lower than the 29~30 mpg I got in similar situations before). It could not be because of the weather, since I've seen no similar such things in the previous winters (I live in Michigan). Several days ago the Check Engine signal came out, but the next day it disappeared totally. I am wondering whether this is a problem and whether it causes the mpg decrease. Also is it possible that some service job, like engine tune-up can possible solve the problem (mpg decrease). If anyone of you have had a similar experience or know what is going on please give me a suggestion.

2)I want your suggestions on whether to take the car to the Chevy dealers or other shops. My impression with the Chevy dealers is that they have very rigid schedules (not open on Saturdays) and usually charges more, but maybe they can give more authentic service and genuine parts.

Thanks in advance for your kind suggestions and reply.
    1) if yu are experiencing record cold waether like we are here in PA, the weather is the most likely culprit for you decrease in MPG. Even if you are doign 50/50 driving, those short tris in this cold weather will kill your gas mileage. I've seen the same thin gin our Malibu this winter. Been averaging about 22-23 when this summer and fall was around 26 mpg.

2) Malibus are not difficult to maintain. I would go to a private mechanic after the warranty is up. Cheaper and just as good.
    There are two things you mentioned that could be a good clue. First, a decrease in gas mileage, and 2nd, the Service Engine light coming on. With 44K on the car, you could be having trouble with either the O 2 sensor, or the EGR valve. I think the O 2 sensor checks for unburned fuel in the exhaust, and adjusts the injectors accordingly. The EGR valve recirculates part of the exhaust gas back to the intake manifold to aid in engine warmup. The O 2 sensor is a fairly common failure since it sits in the path of the hot exhaust gases, and the EGR valve, which is also located at the exhaust manifold can start sticking due to the heat. Both can cause a loss of gas mileage. If your "check engine" light came on, it should have posted a code in the engine control module (computer), and the dealer, or good mechanic with a code tool, can read out the code, and tell you what the trouble is. O 2 sensors are not expensive, and easy to replace (on most cars). The EGR valve can be a bit of fun depending upon engine, and whether or not the bolts have corroded/rusted. However, neither is major surgery, and it would probably be wise to get it checked at your first opportunity, as both of these problems can cause further (expensive) troubles if ignored.
    Both of your responses are very helpful. Thanks a lot, dtownfb and deminin! The thing with my car is that the Check Engine signal was on only several times, on one afternoon and night, and off since then. I learnt from the net that you can retrieve information from the OBD II computer only within three driving rounds, and after that the info is gone. Unfortunate I could not do the reading within 3 rounds, so I cannot get anything from the OBD II reading now. About the O2 sensor and EGR valve, I'll definitely check them soon. Since I have an extended warranty (75K/60m), can any of you tell me whether O2 or EGR can usually be covered by warranty? Thanks again for your help. It's a pleasure talking to you guys.
    Without any knowledge of the warranty you have, my guess is it probably is not covered. O2 sensors fail on all types of vehicles. Nothing major. I had one replaced on m Explorer. Cost about $150 total. I waited about 10k miles between when the check engine light came on unitl I had the work performed. Some warranties may consider that a wear and tear item but I could be wrong.

I did have the EGR valve replaced on my 1989 Tempo. the only signal I received was the car stopping at a traffic light in the middle of a busy highway in Jersey. Drove for 2 and half hours and the car decides to fail then. Shut the car off then re-started it with our any trouble. Later found out that the EGR valve failed and all the gunk built up and block the fuel from getting to the engine. Who knows? Most of that cost was cleaning not replacing the valve.

I would ask your mechanic to take a look at it the next time you get it serviced. NO harm in getting it diagnosed.
  • dan517dan517 Member Posts: 8
    I bought a 2000 Malibu LS, fully loaded. To make a long story short: calipers replaced, 2 full front brake jobs, ignition cylinder replaced, blower resistors replaced twice, strut mounts replaced, as well as AC evaporator and seals replaced and not to mention coutless rattles and sqeaks (particularly from the brake pedal linkage, sound inside). Also, all the above works was done by two different dealerships, and they still couldn't get rid of some things that kept happenning over and over again. The car had 55,000 kms and only 5,000 left on the warranty. I had not YET been hit with the 3.1 coolant leak/gasket problem, but I know it was right around the corner for this car. And not to mention the low resale value too!

So, I got rid of it and bought a 2002 Nissan Altima 3.5SE 5-speed. I have now rediscovered the joy of driving, with the VQ 3.5 engine, one of Ward's Top 10 engines in the world. :)

ps: In the same week, my wife traded her 2000 Sunfire for a 2001 Nissan Sentra!
  • radrluv1radrluv1 Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know if the 2001-2003 Malibu can seat 3 children in the back seat, including 2 children in car seats.

Thanks for your help.
  • bryancosbryancos Member Posts: 282
    Hi everyone... normally I'm perusing the GMC Envoy forum, but this past weekend we traded in my gf's dying minivan and picked up a used 2002 Malibu w/ 30Kmi for just under $10K after trade. According to the CarFax report we pulled, it is a former rental fleet vehicle, so despite the relatively high mileage being such a new vehicle, I'm hopeful that it was very well maintained on a regular basis as most rentals are. Question for the 2002 owners: Have any of you needed to take the vehicle in for many of the TSB's that I've found listed? With only 6K mi remaining on the factory warranty, I plan to have as many issues resolved while I can. Based on your ownership experiences w/ this car, would any of you give a thumbs up to a third party extended warranty such as that offered by Warranty Gold here on Edmunds?
    Thanks for your information and suggestion!
    Sorry to hear about the many problems you had with your Malibu and congrats on the Altima. It's a sweet car especially with the 5-speed! I really hope y'al will have better luck with the Nissans. You know every auto maker makes lemons but it still sickens to know somebody that actually ends up with one.
  • dan517dan517 Member Posts: 8
    You are very correct. My dad bought a 1988 Cavalier in 1991 and sold it in 1998. These were lemon cars, but his gave him no problems!
    With regard to the O2 sensor and EGR valve, and many other parts, check your warranty info closely. Most of these new fancy gizmos are installed because of the EPA and Federal Emissions guidelines. As such, many of these parts carry extended warranties as mandated by the Federal and some State governments. Some of these parts go as high as 8 years or 80K miles. If you can catch the car in a failing mode, and get a good code readout, you may get lucky and be covered by the original warranty. As to the extended warranty, you will have to read the fine print. Most of those policies only cover the items that are very unlikely to break.
This discussion has been closed.