Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jwhwmwjwhwmw Member Posts: 1
    For those looking for the V6 base (non-Lexus :-) ) version of the Sienna: Fitzmall in Pa; $24953+$129 Fee+Tax/Tags. Great value. Did the deal in a few emails and 20 minutes of signing paperwork on-site.
  • pennycali1pennycali1 Member Posts: 1
    I just got a Silver XLE with Entune for $32.5K and 0% APR in the SF Bay Area as a mother's day surprise for my wife.

The MSRP was $36K.
  • luis1985luis1985 Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys I’m Luis and I own a jeep as well as a truck. I will start my journey in this new forum by giving you hot news first. Don’t miss! Read next----- I found where to buy parts for 4 wheels at relatively win-win offer, really, I got a coupon number that gave me 25% off on any of my purchases. But, you will have to order through the phone. Call this number 877-624-4004 so you can enjoy the same benefits. Let me know if this really in deed helped you to get best offers that I got
  • solaris72solaris72 Member Posts: 15
    I'm in look for a second car, i currently own Camry 2000 which is a 12 years old. I basically started with 1. MDX 2. Highlander (hybrid). I saw both of them. Since its my first SUV type, i feel like i didn't see much space on MDX as expected. so i went to a Toyota dealer for highlander. He didn't recommended cost that i'm paying for hybrid, and the dealer recommends Sienna as i have 2 kids (no more kids).. less than 6 years. I see Sienna as well and its better space etc... But only thing i concerned with that Interior wise i feel like its Camry (cheap)? compare to the rich MDX (Tech+Ent) interior. Price wise MDX is about 4k higher than Sienna XLE (Tech+Ent).

What do you guys recommend for me..I can go with Sienna or MDX...im so confused...
  • coupedncalcoupedncal Member Posts: 252
    I highly recommend you check out Honda Odyssey. It is much closer to quality of MDX and will be about same price as a Sienna. MDX is ok as long as you don't need to use the third row whereas a minivan will have much more room and provide better fuel economy.
  • thechig2thechig2 Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys. Looking for some input. Last year I bought a 2011 Rav4 for my growing family. I thought it would be enough room, but with the double stroller in the back, large car seats, and other miscellaneous junk, it feels very small.

I am thinking of trading in the Rav and getting a Sienna AWD. I know I will take a hit as I just ate all the depreciation but think if I am going to do it, now is the time due to the 0% offer for Siennas.

So, I went through CR car buying service (powered by truecar) and got costs for the AWD LE of 2,600 off MSRP, which is about 30K. After looking at recent posts in this forum, I am seeing prices of about 33K for XLE AWD. When I ran the XLE through CR, it was coming back like 1,200 off MSRP, which is more like $35k. Is it worth it to go for the XLE and deal with the negotiation for days, and deal with the back and forth on the awful offer they will give me on the RAV, or stick with the LE and just use the no negotiation price?

Thanks in advance for any advice
  • indydriverindydriver Member Posts: 620
    Because there are significant design compromises. I studied this in great detail and cameo the conclusion that I am much better served by a FWD van with a second set of wheels with Blizzaks for half the price Toy charges for AWD.

As far as getting a good deal, you've got to do your homework and take your time. Send an email solicitation to 3-4 dealer's telling them exactly what you're looking for and that the successful bidder will be below invoice. Go see them one at a time starting with the worst price. Walk if they don't meet your target for the difference. Check several websites for the value of your trade because that is what will make the deal. You will find the dealers close on the new car but with wide latitude on your trade. You have all the time in the world. As long as you hold the money, you are in charge. And when someone gets to your target, pull the trigger. I love our new XLE FWD.
  • gordonh7gordonh7 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for sharing your experience. Was that for a AWD model? Thx.
  • thechig2thechig2 Member Posts: 2
    My wife drives 80 miles round trip daily and is very scared driving in the snow, which is why we have a Prius and a 4wd vehicle. I agree with not getting the AWD, as it seems to be a lot more money, I don't like the replacement cost of the run flat tires and have heard its not as nice of a driving experience.

I would love to convince her to get the FWD with snow tires, but think that may be a tough sell. I will lay it on her, but most of the time, its not worth the argument.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,695
    My wife drove a RWD sedan, then a RWD convertible for 5 years, total.. with winter tires put on each November.. 42 mile round trip..

Never had an issue (and, she doesn't know front- from rear-wheel drive).

She was adamant that her next car be an SUV (mostly for the up-high seating and cargo convenience). The first time we got snow? "How come my SUV slides so much coming to a stop? Don't I have four wheel drive? My car didn't do that."

It's all about the tires... AWD won't help you stop or turn any better. Granted, in heavy, heavy snow, you will have an advantage with traction from a dead stop. But, for all the safety reasons, you are better off with winter tires and 2WD..

My wife would still rather have an SUV, but even she figured it out (lol).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• inguy23inguy23 Member Posts: 2
    I made an offer on this vehicle and they countered with an offer of $37,200. The list is at a little over $40k. Is this a good deal? This is below the fair offer value on kbb but above their invoice. Thanks for your input in advance.
    http://www.rohrmantoyota.com/new/Toyota/2012-Toyota-Sienna-f517ec6d0a0d048d0100c- - 8586d8f2276.htm
  • hatebuyingcarshatebuyingcars Member Posts: 6
    Try Burien Toyota and use www.truecar.com to start. I used TrueCar and USAA buying program to get offers from 5 different dealer in the Seattle area all within $100 of one another.
  • worstbuyworstbuy Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2012
    We got the PREDAWN GRAY MI/LIGHT GRAY one today for $29900 + tax + fees = $32000 OTD. I sent emails to 10 dealers and had them to bid. Then we decided to visit the 3 closest dealers. The second dealer made the offer. What do you guy think about the price? I tried to get as low as someone posted $29490 in March but it seems YMMV. By the way, it is $1000 lower than Fritmall.com quote to us.
  • tmac6767tmac6767 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    I am planning to buy a Sienna LE tomorrow for my father in law. For the life of me, I can't get the pop up of $750 rebate to work. Can't find it even after disabling pop up blocker on my chrome, firefox and IE. Has anyone able to see the pop up today? I will buy you a 6 pack through paypal :) Thanks guys

By the way, the Sienna LE V6 8 passengers is going at $28200 in Schaumburg, IL. and looks like the best I can do while taking advantage of 0% APR. What do the edmunds forum experts thinks? :)
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    edited May 2012
    You mentioned hybrid in the same post, so I would go with the Sienna. Your fuel costs will be a lot lower - it's more efficient and uses regular while the MDX drinks premium.

A lot of my neighbors have MDXs, must be the official car of Potomac, MD. The one common theme is they ALL complain about the gas mileage and especially the price of premium gas.

Some friends actually asked if they could ride with us in my 8 passenger Sienna to Hershey, PA, and left their MDX at home.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Beware of the run-flat tires. People complain a lot about those.

AWD model's driveshaft goes right where the spare is on other models, so that's the only way they come.
  • wildcat22wildcat22 Member Posts: 5
    I couldn't get the $750 rebate on the Sienna to pop up on Sunday (only corrolla and camry), so I gave up thinking it must be over. Jumped back on the forum yesterday and there it was! I have no idea how/why it was there that day and not the other.
  • saunpatelsaunpatel Member Posts: 2
    I been trying to pop up that $750 rebate for week still no luck someone guide thru please would help with saving on new sienna thanks
  • wildcat22wildcat22 Member Posts: 5
    We're trying to buy a Sienna limited with entertainment pkg only (dvd). MSRP is $42,930. What can we reasonably expect to pay, pretty close to Edmunds true market value? We have an offer right now for invoice, $39,798, not quite 10% off msrp. I was hoping to get closer to $38,000, is it possible to get below invoice?
  • suvindcsuvindc Member Posts: 28
    Was quoted the following by internet sales rep. I'm in the Dallas region.

2012 Toyota Sienna
    Model - 5348 FWD 8 PSGR
    $31,441 + TTL

Back up camera
    power windows/doors
    AM/FM/Sirius (90 day)

Thanks in advance.
  • samizsamiz Member Posts: 3
    I got a quote from Internet sale rep for sienna xle lather interior with widescreen DVD player wireless head phone navigation mets door edge protector door still price $36000+ttl good price ? I get 1000 off or 0% apr give urs guys though on deal I'm planning to buy in next few days. Thanks
  • okbabyokbaby Member Posts: 1
    Can you post dealer name and is it zero percentage apr deal or regular finance ?
  • solaris72solaris72 Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2012
    I'm planning to buy a sienna (other option MdX) 2012, i'm confused with their model le, se xle, ltd etc... I need Navigation+Rear entertainment system and possibly good interior (leather seats). Not sure AWD is requirement for me... i live in MD.

Please help, which one i need to choose...
  • dmbst68dmbst68 Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2012
    I'm located in western Pennsylvania and I'm looking to buy a 2012 Sienna LE FWD V6 with the towing package and alarm. The soonest I'm looking to buy is around early July.

A few questions:

1. Can anyone recommend a dealership in my area? My closest dealership is Laurel Toyota of Johnstown, PA, but I've heard mixed opinions on them, primarily with matching low prices.

2. Does Toyota offer low financing and/or rebates around the Fourth of July? If not around the 4th of July, when does Toyota's annual clearance event start?

3. Can you get factory OEM fog lights installed on the LE trim? They're not standard equipment on the LE trim nor are they offered as an option on Toyota's website.

Thanks... :)
  • siennamdsiennamd Member Posts: 1
    Curious to know what dealership you bought from. I am in MD and have an OTD price os 34,671 XLE with Nav Entune.
  • superchickensuperchicken Member Posts: 7
    'Just purchased a 2012 Toyota Sienna XLE 8 Passenger FWD with Premium Package, 2 extra headphones, trailer tow receiver, wire harness & 2" ball. Price $37,480, with 0% for 60 months. Will also be getting $750 Edmunds rebate as well.
  • dc_minivandc_minivan Member Posts: 3
    that's a nice deal... how much do you think it would have costed without 2 extra headphones, trailer tow receiver, wire harness & 2" ball. Price?

Is that out-the-door price? Would you mind sharing the state/city/dealership name where you got the deal?

Thanks.
  • dfw_siennadfw_sienna Member Posts: 1
    I also got a quote from DFW area (Texas Toyota, Grapevine) for Sienna XLE ( Model - 5348 FWD 8 PSGR) with Navigation package 34,400 after 1000 rebate.

Yours looks better, can you tell me what dealship you are working with ?
  • superchickensuperchicken Member Posts: 7
    Ganley, Akron OH. Price was before tax, doc&title fees. I think extra phones cost is around $50/each.

Good thing about sienna xle and limited is that vehicle is mechanically prepped for tow receiver and harness to be added. Dealer uses an outside trailer shop to install these which is less expensive.
  • mackenziencmackenzienc Member Posts: 1
    Hi....I live in central NC. Not sure how to PM you to get contact info from Hubert Vester. How can I contact you for this?
  • jeepincjjeepincj Member Posts: 4
    $34450 was my pre-tax price on a 2012 Toyota Sienna XLE. Three options... DVD, Entune / NAV, and floormats. Dealership drove all the way to the "state up north" from Columbus to get it for us. I emailed 25+ dealerships and even the local one here in Cincinnati said "Take the DEAL!!! We can't touch it!"

Don't believe the invoice sheet they show you is what they actually pay for their vehicles. It's called hold back, and even their invoice sheets show it, but it isn't accurate. EMAIL EMAIL EMAIL. FWD your best price and keep doing so and you will save thousands. the 100 mile drive was SOOOooo... worth the price.
    Any questions on other trims let me know. Here's the OTD price I paid.

"I would be able to sell it to you for 34450 plus tax and fee's which brings you to a total of 36989. "

It was exactly as promised. Locally, pretax was over $36K
  • otter18otter18 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2012
    I started looking for a Sienna in the NJ area today. My best quote for the XLE w// no extras was 33,000. If you're out shopping or have made a purchase I'd be interested in knowing what you're seeing out there. Also my quote came from an in person visit that took over an hour. Any tips on how to get quotes online would be much appreciated.
    my advice is, you have TWO dealerships... those that move volume (way below the crap invoice they LOVE to show you) and those that SELL

Send emails to every dealership in 300 miles with you. They'll find YOUR vehicle, YOUR trim, YOUR color... and bring it to YOU! $34450 XLE with Entune/ DVD
  • geen1974geen1974 Member Posts: 9
    Hi can you please tell when you said that you got DVD with Nav does that means did you got the premium package. If it is different can you please send me the photo of the DVD to my email id : gvci2001@yahoo.com . I am looking for the same deal but I am confused were dealer says about DVD and Premium package. I got an offer for xle, Premium package $35000 before tax.

Thanks
  • chipsaleschipsales Member Posts: 1
    NJ Buyer, Metro NY, I was able to get a FWD 2012 XLE with minimal adds (roof rack cross bars and floor mats). The sticker price was 34,592 and I was able to get it for $30,500 + $420 doc fees + TTL + Tax. I did trade a car but was able to get the highest of 3 quotes on the car so the trade was reasonable valued.

I think I may have over paid a little but after visiting 3 dealerships, I was ready to pull the trigger on a reasonable deal. I was able to get the $750 Edmunds rebate as well. If you have trouble getting this to pop up. Clear your internet cache and history. Also try another PC.
  • jeb3779jeb3779 Member Posts: 16
    2012 xle with entertainment package and entune navigation. $35336 manager showed me the sheet but after reading above could he be lying?
  • floridagrampsfloridagramps Member Posts: 3
    I leased Sienna XLE w Navigation and got several surprises when I signed lease paperwork. Cramer Toyota in Sarasota Florida told me there was no Toyota 36 month lease available and I would have to use World Omni 39 month lease. This lease included $895 lease admin fee and $695 new car prep fee in capitalized cost. My credit score 750+. Needless to say I was not happy. I left myself no time to start over so I signed unhappily. Is this a normal Toyota tactic to increase dealer margin? I was told these charges are not negotiable. I am leaving on a trip to Maine tomorrow, initial reaction to car after driving 250 miles is very positive
  • floridagrampsfloridagramps Member Posts: 3
    I leased Sienna XLE w Navigation and got several surprises when I signed lease paperwork. Cramer Toyota in Sarasota Florida told me there was no Toyota 36 month lease available and I would have to use World Omni 39 month lease. This lease included $895 lease admin fee and $695 new car prep fee in capitalized cost. My credit score 750+. Needless to say I was not happy. I left myself no time to start over so I signed unhappily. Is this a normal Toyota tactic to increase dealer margin? I was told these charges are not negotiable. I am leaving on a trip to Maine tomorrow, initial reaction to car after driving 250 miles is very positive
  • geen1974geen1974 Member Posts: 9
    No. this is not a good deal because I got a better offer from Perruzi Toyota, PA. for XLE with premium package for #35000.

Thanks
  • otter18otter18 Member Posts: 2
    Was the $29,900 price for AWD?
  • jeb3779jeb3779 Member Posts: 16
    i got them down to 34,500 is that any better?
  • richardmayorichardmayo Member Posts: 26
    Here's the deal I got at Broadway Toyota in Portland, OR on Memorial Day:

Sienna LE 8 Passenger
    MSRP: $31,240 (roof rack cross bars, mats, tow prep package)
    Selling Price: $28,062.19 ($3,177 off MSRP)
    License/Registration: $130
    Title Fee: $30
    Title and Registration Processing Fee: $75
    State Tax: $2441.41 (I'm a WA resident)

Total OTD Price: $30,738.60
    Total OTD after $750 Edmunds Mail in Rebate: $29,988.60

Discount was from dealer, so I was able to get 0% for 60 months from Toyota.
  • dc_minivandc_minivan Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2012
    I bought 2012 Sienna XLE with Premium Package (DVD and Navigation, no Entune) for $36,450 out-the-door price... Dealer is in Northern VA.

With Edmunds rebate &750, I think this is the best deal I could get at this time.

How did I do? Oh I used the 0% APR 60 months deal.

Now, shopping for an extended warranty.
  • samizsamiz Member Posts: 3
    Xle sienna with options CARPET FLOOR MATS W/DOOR SILL PROTECTORS ENTERTAINMENT PKG
    XLE PREMIUM NAVIGATION PKG W/ENTUNE quote was $35985 mrsp $38570 let me know people deal or still need to work on price
  • ddwmew1ddwmew1 Member Posts: 1
    DC Minivan,

Can you post the details on your purchase to the dealer, MSRP, Sales Price, Taxes, processing fees, etc? I can also provicde my email.

ddwmew
  • kksmom001kksmom001 Member Posts: 17
    This would be my first minivan. I am dealing with internet dealers in Owings Mill, MD. I really only want Navigation and not DVD player but seems not you can't get one without the other. I have one offer stating MSRP $45,879, their internet price is $40,907. OTD price of $43K.

What do you think? Is this a good or bad deal?

Thanks. We live in the DC suburbs and willing to drive to areas in Virginia or Maryland.
  • naughtycanaughtyca Member Posts: 22
    regarding the NAV and DVD players, I will suggest to get an aftermarket NAV, Pionner and Kenwoods will be a lot cheaper and better than factory. For DVD you can also get an aftermarket which is way cheaper and will have better options than from the dealership
    Where or which dealership did you get to your XLE with Navigation, was it AWD? Thanks.
    That's a great suggestion. would the limited still have a back up camera with out the Navigation? Do they sell Limited without navigation?without back up camera?