Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rk090rk090 Member Posts: 3
    The white one they had was AWD or limited which we did see on site. I worked with Jason.
  • rc2rc2 Member Posts: 6
    I recently bought a Sienna LE (in Texas); I paid $27,500 + TTL that came out to be $29,600. The Truecar.com sienna V6 LE pricing suggested $29K as target but indicated that the lowest price paid in my area as $28K+ TTL.
    I got $500 less than this number!
    I hope you are aware that you can get a mail-in rebate of $750 through Edmunds!
    Hurry up and drive to the dealership for negotiation. Nobody gives their best price by phone or email! Its unfortunate, but that's how it is!
    I live in Houston area, TX.
    I bought a new 2012 Toyota Sienna LE (V6 8 Pass) on June 30th for $27,500+TTL=$29,600.
    Is this a good deal? Can other buyers share their experiences and prices paid? Thanks.
  • ttdhttdh Member Posts: 1
    rc2,
    I am living in Houston too. Could you tell me where you buy your Toyota Sienna LE 8 pass? What option you get? I am looking for a new Toyota too.
    Thanks,
  • saunpatelsaunpatel Member Posts: 2
    I Bought a Toyota SE with SE Premium Package with Entune Navigation, Carpet Mat & Door Still , Cross Bars, and Shield Package MSRP $39,534 Paid $36191 + 309 Dealer/documents Fee Let me know people how i did on this deal, Also question i have is i got the edmunds toyota rebate i didnt know if it matter but when i gave email address to deal its different from the the one on Form everything else name address phone # the same will i have problem to get rebate? please let me know Thanks
  • drivingmamadrivingmama Member Posts: 15
    I got a 2012 Sienna Limited AWD Blizzard Pearl with the Navigation package and convenience package, Roof rack, lower door moldings, Floor mats, and door sill protectors. My price for the car was $39,999 before tax etc.

I also added the Toyota extra care platinum with zero deductible 6 years 125k miles for $1105 and 5 years 75k for $1295.

Did I do okay?
    I got standard LE (V6 8 Pass) with LE Convience package (including mats, windows tinting, cross bars for roof rack, etc.).

The dealer requested to keep his name / the specific pricing anonymous!

At least, this gives you what you can get at this price.

Once you buy, share your experiences too!
  • yxj002yxj002 Member Posts: 6
    what's the MSRP for your car?
  • surrealimagesurrealimage Member Posts: 4
    I purchased 8 Seat Silver Sky Metallic XLE FWD (No options) for $31,358 incl destination + Tax + Dealer fees. Out the door $34,000 (NJ) Dealer is Towne Toyota. I had a Honda Ody EX-L offer for 33,200 OTD, but chose Sienna because I am already using Camry and know the quality.

The vehicle is pretty good. Dashboard quality does bother me. Overall styling is good. Ride is refined, adequate power. Coming from Camry Hybrid CVT- it is taking some time to get used to 6-speed shifts. View is limited. There is space everywhere.

Not sure if this is a good price or not. But I am happy with the purchase. (BTW - I added OEM Remote Start from the dealer for $492/- extra)
  • isodyokisodyok Member Posts: 17
    I am in CT and shopping around in New England. For V6 XLE FWD 8-pass Predawn Gray Mica, last week I got an initial quote for 30,628 (includes dest) + 349 dealer fee + TTL from Boch Toyota in MA. It was indicated that further savings (perhaps shaking down that dealer fee or more) are possible if I am serious and willing to buy within days. I opted to wait until I know of the new incentives starting 7/10 and the looming 2013 models.
  • surrealimagesurrealimage Member Posts: 4
    That is a good price. You should wait for some more time and see how the prices come down. There will always be a sweet spot time you should buy after the new models are announced. I believe, we cannot really predict the model year available stock/ demand. Good lucj.
    Agree, 2012 availability (of trims, colors & options) will be unpredictable as I wait too long. Also I think any extra savings due to 2013 models may be in the 500 to 1k range. Little tradeoff between savings and immediate summer use/enjoyment of new car. Thanks.
  • kc07kc07 Member Posts: 4
    Sienna - XLE, AWD, Entertainment Package, XLE Navigation package, floor mats, door sill protectors, roof rack cross bars.

Location: Northern Virginia - Koons Arlington Toyota. Ask for Ty.

MSRP: 41,095.

Price of Vehicle: 36,579
    Processing: 499
    Tax: 1,112.37
    Dealer Tax and Tags: 58.61+23.67

All in Out the door Price: 38,273.56.
    I pre-negotiated the price and went to the dealership to purchase a new Sienna.

At the dealership when I am ready to pay cash and the sales-person (general sale manager) suddenly told me that I can only pay with "certified check"s, not personal checks.

Is this a scam or legitimate?
  • luckyboyluckyboy Member Posts: 12
    Its possible they have been burned in the past on the issue. A certified check guarantees you have the funds in place where a personal check can bounce or be easily be placed on stop-payment. A personal check shouldn't have been a problem if they were able to run a credit check on you and insure you had the means to finance if necessary.
    $31,970
  • rlmiller9rlmiller9 Member Posts: 48
    This is a standard business practice and I have never purchased a car any other way. Once you leave with the car and or possibly the title it is really hard for them to get it back.

When was the last time before this that you bought a car?
  • kagedudekagedude Member Posts: 407
    I live in Houston area, TX.
    I bought a new 2012 Toyota Sienna LE (V6 8 Pass) on June 30th for $27,500+TTL=$29,600.
    Is this a good deal? Can other buyers share their experiences and prices paid? Thanks.

I can't even get near that number with the dealers in my area (NYC). The lowest I've gotten so far is $28300 for the LE V6. Lucky you!
  • larryp21larryp21 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for a New 2012 Salsa Red Pearl Toyota Sienna XLE with XLE premium package in NJ or PA. Anyone know of a dealership selling this model. Can't seem to find this van in stock anywhere.
    Thanks a lot for the certified check clarification. We got two cars in 2002 and 2004 from two different dealership (one Japanese, one American) and paid with personal checks without any hesitation from dealership. Also, this toyota dealership didn’t mention anything about certified checks when I told them about cash payout on the phone, so I thought it was a scam.

kagedude: I am 1 hour and 15 minutes from NYC. We can team up to negotiate to buy TWO or THREE instead of one together. I have another friend buying soon too.
  • kagedudekagedude Member Posts: 407
    kagedude: I am 1 hour and 15 minutes from NYC. We can team up to negotiate to buy TWO or THREE instead of one together. I have another friend buying soon too.

Saw your post too late. I actually ended up getting an Odyssey EX instead. Was getting $28526 for the Sienna LE V6 yesterday but my Honda dealer called last minute with a $28250 price for the EX so we went with that instead. Good luck!
    The week of July 4th, Boch Toyota in MA advertized LE 8-pass V6 for $27,498 (including dest). There is no reason they can't come around that price now as I think the Toyota incentives have not changed since then. Give them a try if they are not too far for you.
  • h2_h2h2_h2 Member Posts: 2
    What's the name of the dealership? I'd like to go there too to buy me an XLE for under $31K.
    Thanks for tip! I will give them a call.
  • shuedshued Member Posts: 107
    Hi, guys:
    I needs some help here for my friends 2004 Siena LE with 8 seats.
    This car is daily driven, without disconnecting battery or jump-start lately.
    Its SMOG inspection fails because of MIL/ODB II not ready.
    When I use a scanner, I find that there have two monitors not ready or
    incomplete:
    1): O2 sensor 2): EVAP.
    Also,
    1): There has no error code, (completed or pending).
    2): MIL (Check Engine Light) is NOT on.
    3): Five monitors (misfire, fuel, etc ) are completed.
    Driving looks noraml in any condition.

Any comments? Thanks.
  • pollfabpollfab Member Posts: 3
    Seattle, Washington
    $34,100
    (no NAV, remote start, or RES)
    Welcome. The same offer 27,499 is being advertized again (effective 7/13/2012 - 7/31/2012). Please check their site Boch Toyota (go to Specials->Newspaper Ad)
  • scott211scott211 Member Posts: 5
    You might want to post this as its own topic in the Sienna forum, this thread is for prices paid for new cars.
  • loves2readloves2read Member Posts: 48
    We are trying to find a 2012 Sienna without a DVD entertainment system but with the limited convenience pkg with hi-density headlights/rain-sensing windshield washers and the Nav system with JBL speakers
    don't know difference with Entune or the other

We cannot find any dealer in DFW TX area (and that is lot of dealers) that has a car with the hi-density lights on a lot

and no one really wants to deal on what they have from our perspective
    anyone know a dealer that would special order a car at cost basically
    just so we can get what we want and not pay for what we don't?
    We aren't in hurry
    Have 09 Camry Hybrid to trade but that price is getting knocked down because it was in accident--totally repaired-drives great--car has lots of options so is like an XLE Camry basically

what is reasonable knockoff for car that has accident on its VIN history?
  • chuckiscchuckisc Member Posts: 31
    edited July 2012
    I just bought:

2012 Sienna XLE
    Preferred Premium Accessories Package
    All-Weather Mats
    $31,000.00

Plus the usual PA 6% tax and $222.50 Tag+Doc Fees. @ 60 months - 0.9%.

We did purchase the Platinum Warranty 7yrs/100K/0-deductible and money-refund if we don't use the warranty at the end of the 7yrs (doubtful) for $950. Cheapest one for this Platinum Warranty is $875 but I can't finance it with my van. PM if you need contact.

All pricing negotiated via email. No sitting around at the dealership. Just came in with the check and sign and drive home.

Dealer: Ardmore Toyota in Ardmore PA.
    Ask for Alberto (aka AL)
  • balloons4uballoons4u Member Posts: 1
    What was the sticker price on this mini van and what other options does it have?
    I'm looking for one and they only want to give me $2,300 of the sticker price.
    Any advice how to get a better deal?
  • dhabuddhabud Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2012
    Hello All

I purchased 2012 Toyota Sienna XLE 8 seats + carpets + Door Sill Protectors for $30950 + tax + title + Doc fee(139).

Note that $30950 includes the destination fee of what ever. I got financincing for 0% for 48 months .

This deal was done June 26, 2012 in milwaukee, WI.
  • loves2readloves2read Member Posts: 48
    We tried three times to purchase a Sienna Limited--7 passenger of course--in the Tarrant county area/FTW TX and suburbs...
    were trading a 2009 Camry Hybrid with leather seats. heated seats/mirrors, sunroof--upgraded sound package--nicer options than most Camry Hybrids...

First dealer we went to was one I bought the Camry from using Internet shopping...got decent price on car considering that was the summer when gas prices went to $4+ a gallon a few years ago...
    This time didn't do that--
    went to showroom to shop--met salesman--liked him--drove car--liked it better than I thought I would...
    went back to make deal on Saturday with trade in
    they lowballed us on that--only offered 14K when Edmunds shows 18--
    they finally came up to 17K for the car which had been in accident several years before and repaired and no problems with driving it now...no problems of any kind really with this car...

We dickered--the Sienna we wanted was not on their floor--said it had to be trailered in from outside Metroplex...had lot of extras even for Limited--the 3Mfilm protection, remote start OEM which is much better than dealer installed...
    anyway best price we could come to was 24K plus TTL which would have added another 1800-2200
    they offered no extended warrenty to sweeten the deal...
    First dealership was the best--
    had the best car to offer and really the best price on trade and final price
    the second and third had similar cars but lacked remote start and 3M film protection which I really like
    They never came up to 17K for my car and one of them tried to get us to take a drive out 31K...
    one of them added in $3200 for extended warrenty that was terrible deal...
    The sales managers for both of those dealerships called within 48 hours to ask what it would take to make a deal...my husband had already bought a Buick Enclave...he decided to trade his Tahoe and use the new car for his driving vs mine...
    We could have paid cash and apparently that means you are so rich you don't have to get a good price in some people's minds...
    We should have taken the deal with Freeman but at the time we hadn't done any shopping and didn't know how difficult it was going to get...
  • abjcabjc Member Posts: 1
    Hi there, I believe the Sienna is manufactured in Princeton, Indiana. Does anybody know if you can purchase it cheaper there?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    You can't..... destination charge is the same for all of the lower 48.. and, you have to use a dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• victeovicteo Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the market for a Sienna SE right now, but I realize that the 2013s will be out soon. Anyone know when the dealers will be getting their 2013 inventory?
  • kiwipikekiwipike Member Posts: 2
    2012 SE
    Navigation Package ($1045)
    Sunroof ($850)
    Carpet Mats/Sill Protectors ($325)
    Crossbars ($185)
    Wheel Locks ($67)
    Cargo Net ($49)
    Sales price $33263.24 (MSRP $36771)
    Tax $1995.79
    Doc $239.50
    Tags $93.50

Total $35592.03 OTD
    Do your research in Truecar.com to see what others paid for that model in your area!
  • grrljockgrrljock Member Posts: 1
    Just want to add another entry. Price below does NOT include taxes and fees. Bought in Hayward, CA.

2012 SE (predawn gray mica)
    Navigation w Entune
    Moonroof
    Carpet, mats, sill protector
    Roof racks crossbars
    Wheel locks
    Destination charge

$32,890
  • advan13advan13 Member Posts: 6
    Heads up. There is a rebate from autotrader. http://autotraderconquestrebate.com/offer
  • advan13advan13 Member Posts: 6
    I'm curious to know if the Edmunds rebate is still available and they can be combined.
    Interesting, I far as I know the Edmunds $750 rebate hasn't been available since late June, but since you had 45 days to redeem it its possible these two rebates could overlap if you timed it right.
    advan13, thank you for the link. I am sure many prospective buyers would appreciate this.
    humm, wording on the autotrader rebate they email you only mention Rav4, tundra or gas highlander even though the picture includes a sienna
    just called, the rebate form is only good for the vehicles listed in the email so apparently the sienna does not get the $750 despite being advertised and mentioned in the FAQ as such (unless someone is getting an different rebate form emailed to them then the one I got)
  • sunghasungha Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    Just bought a brand new 2012 Sienna XLE with RES & NY + Remote Starter + All Weather Mat at OTD $37000. Given our tax rate is 8.25, I think we got pretty good deal. Oh yeah, of course 0% for 60 months!

I got alot of information from this forum and thought I would like to share my experience as well.

Without Tax & Fees, my purchase price was around $33900. I declined Warranty from my dealer cuz they were asking 8yrs/100K miles for $1990... !!!

Now looking for the best deal on Warranty!

Thanks Edmunds!
  • northernmanorthernma Member Posts: 1
    I feel like i have a great sense of what i should pay for an XLE with premium package. What is the best people have been able to do on XLE with Nav, but no Ent/DVD. Specifically XLE, AWD, 7 pass, Nav/Entune, no other add ons. Thanks in advance!
    edited August 2012
    V6 LE (model 5338) + Alarm, Floor mats, roof rails and destination= $31,240 MSRP - $3,740 discount -$1K northern California rebate down payment match (in lieu of promotional APR) =$26,500. I also have the $750 rebate Edmunds was offering a month back and the current $250 debit card promotion.
    This was kind of an ad car special but was pretty much what I wanted (well all LEs in this area seem to come with at least the alarm/floor mats which I could have done without).
  • xetownxetown Member Posts: 10
    luckyboy,

did you already purchase? i'm in Northern Cali too and looking to buy soon. i split my time between Sacramento and Vallejo. If you're interested in a group by, let me know when and where. thx xetown 'at' hotmail DOT com
    I am trying to buy all weather floor mats for my new 2012 Sienna - to protect the carpets.
    Any experience or suggestions as to where to buy the OEM (genuine Toyota) floor mats? Thanks appreciate all responses.