Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lxowner2lxowner2 Member Posts: 51
    I got mine from a dealership in Michigan, I forgot which one, who sold me a bunch of accessories, all cheaper than the dealership who sold me my vehicle. I connected with the dealership on Ebay. I paid $122 for the full set of OEM all-weather floor mats, which are great.
  • lxowner2lxowner2 Member Posts: 51
    What was the sticker on the vehicle? I am sure in excess of $45K, so I think you did very well.

Not that great on your extended warranty though.
  • knit4meknit4me Member Posts: 1
    2012 XLE AWD Nav w/entune (loving the magic open doors!)
    mudguards
    roof rack cross bars
    floor mats with door sill protector

theft protection(vin etched windows) added at financial office and I did not know it was on vehicle. Price negotiated was OTD so I didn't care b/c it didn't change the price. It did lower my insurance a bit.

Purchased 8/7 in Denver(Arapahoe)

MSRP $38,699
    Price $34,158.87
    Vin etch $399
    Dealer fee $499
    5.5% tax $1,928.13
    Rebate -$1,000
    OTD $35,985
  • hmorgan25hmorgan25 Member Posts: 1
    what was the msrp on this one though chuckisc?
  • albertabound1albertabound1 Member Posts: 4
    Any Toyota dealer should have these available. I double-checked that they would be thrown in with my sienna at the time I ordered my 2012 XLE with RES. The mats are shaped to fit the toyota floor precisely. I was able to negotiate them to be "thrown in" with the van...but after purchase, you will likely have to pay around $175 if memory serves. They are pricey as there are so many of them, and the rear mats are large. I also hear that WeatherTech has figured out the floor patter for 2011 and newer Siennas (though have not checked them out yet). I heard from someone who bought weather tech mats that they have a deeper contour and hold more liquid/dirt than the fairly flat Toyota mats that I have.
    I purchased a cypress pearl 2012 front drive XLE with the rear entertainment system (RES), including floor mats, mudguards, and door sill protectors and hood deflector (for some reason, Toyota wouldn't build the van without the door sill protectors when I ordered the RES option)--paid $34,400 plus $500 state registration for all in cash price of $34,900...this was ordered back in March, not delivered until end of June due to issues Toyota had manufacturing a late RES XLE without Entune or Navigation in this colour with these options (parts issues caused a delay, then shipping delayed, etc, etc). I think this price is beatable now by at least $1000 if not more--and if there had been ANY of this model with these options available in North West USA, I probably could have picked it up a more cheaply if I had not had to resort to ordering it in the colour and options preferred from the Factory. Hope that helps.
  • j06j06 Member Posts: 90
    is $34,900 OTD ??
  • geen1974geen1974 Member Posts: 9
    Guys,

I just bought a new 2012 Toyota Sienna XLE, Front Wheel Drive, Premium package. Here is all the information about my car. I hope this will help you out. Please make sure to check the MSRP before you buy your next car because dealer make a fool out of you by lowering MSRP price. Mine MSRP was about $40750.

Internet Price: $35,439
    Freight: $810
    Dealer Processing: $200
    Taxes: 6% (In MD)
    Tags:: $344
    Total: $39,000.58

CARPET FLOOR MATS W/DOOR SILL PROTECTORS
    ROOF RACK CROSS BARS
    PREMIUM PKG -inc: dual view rear entertainment center w/(2) wireless headphones voice-activated touch-screen DVD navigation system w/integrated dual view backup camera & on-screen backup guides JBL AM/FM/MP3 stereo w/4-disc CD changer (10) speakers XM radio w/XM NavTraffic & 90-day subscription aux audio jack USB port w/iPod connectivity Bluetooth hands-free phone & music streaming capability smart key system w/push button start remote illuminated entry chrome accented outside door handles rear parking sonar Safety Connect airbag beacon mayday system

Antwerpen Toyota
    12420 Auto Drive
    Clarksville, MD 21029
  • permiepermie Member Posts: 13
    I am confused why would a dealer lower the MSRP??
    edited August 2012
    Just placed deposit for 2012 Sienna XLE 8 Passenger. The dealer did not have the color we wanted. They need to bring it from another dealer. We will get it in few days.

2012 Sienna XLE 8 Passenger (Silver Sky Metallic)

All Standard XLE Features
    Rear Entertainment System
    Push Button ignition
    Vin Etching
    Floor Mats

MSRP: 36,850

Negotiated Price: 33,500
    Trade-in: 10,500
    Final price: 23,000
    Tax: 2,050 (8.875% NY)
    Documentation: 350
    DMV: 300

Total 25,700 OTD with 0.9% 60 months financing

Dealer: Sansone Auto mall, Avenel NJ
  • chuckiscchuckisc Member Posts: 31
    OK price.
    I never thought the DVD system should worth $2000. Even your TV in your home doesn't cost that much and it must be at least 50" wide.

We got the same XLE with no RES. $31K.
    I believe the MSRP on base XLE is 34,450
    I know it is an ok price… This deal was done to dump my car, 09 Corolla with bad camshaft & noise from water pump. If I was putting down cash the price will be around 35.5K OTD.

For RES I wanted the factory one. I don’t like to install the aftermarket stuffs.
  • isodyokisodyok Member Posts: 17
    Bought a 2012 Sienna LE 8-Pass V6 FWD (has Towing package & Carpet floor Mats w/door sill protectors) for 26,401 - including 750 cash back (in lieu of 0% APR). Only TTL extra. The dealer is IRA Toyota of Danvers. It was my best experience buying a car. Requested an online quote from their website, for a car they have in the inventory which is the largest in the area, noting that I will purchase immediately if the price is right. They gave me the best price (compared to all quotes I got for same trim) in the first attempt. I paid an advance on phone via CC (refundable if deal fails) and fixed an appointment for next day. Went to the dealership next day, test drove the car I was quoted and then paid the balance of the amount. Please try them, I think they are the best in the Boston area.

This forum has been of immense help to me to gauge the prices paid by educated consumers and to approach the whole process of buying a car in the 21st century way. Thank you, fellow buyers and Edmunds for this knowledge platform.
  • carranzalcarranzal Member Posts: 12
    Hello
    I'm buying a new Sienna XLE, not sure if I want a basic package or a Navigation, the reason I would get a Navigation is because it adds some other features like smart key, I dont really care about dvd, my girls rather use their Ipads, I think dvds is a thing of the past.
    The lowest price I have gotten for the sienna XLE basic package is $30300 is this a good price?? I was also thinking of waiting for the 2013 but it may be more expensive.
    What do you guys think and how much have you paid for your Sienna, by the way I'm located in San Francisco Bay Area.
    You going to keep the Van for a long time ? I am expecting you will not trade in Within 3 years. If you are going to sell it then better get latest model.

You are getting 4K off MSRP, Plus 0% financing for 48 or 0.9% for 60 months financing. That’s really good deal. Go for it

I think you will not get the same financing deal for next 2013 model.
    Yes, 34,900 was out the door--this included the state $500 registration fee. This was a decent price for the vehicle at the time of the order (late March). I still think that an XLE front wheel drive with the RES, door sills, mudflaps and block heater could be obtained for less now, if it is in existing stock at a dealer. This was from a dealer in Montana.
    I'm financing through my Credit Union, but I have a new quote for $29950 for a basic xle, but now I'm having second thoughts, I may go for the one with Navigation with entune just because it also adds, backup sensors and push start.
    I al so want to add the remote engine starter (RES) If it all works out I might close the deal today, Toyota is also running a promotion on their facebook page, I'f I buy a new toyota before sep 4 I will get a $250 card!
    does you xle have navigation? or just the dvd? also how does the RES work for you? I heard that when you start it and you open your car the engine shuts off, is this true?
    Thanks! I'm buying an xle as well, I'll probably get the one with Nav w/entune no dvd
  • luckyboyluckyboy Member Posts: 12
    Play around with the etune/navigation if you really think you want it, I haven't heard much good about it from the people that have it installed. I understand the desire for a clean looking GPS system, but honestly most folks are happier with a portable unit for a fraction of the cost that is much cheaper to update and which a passenger can still use while the car is in motion. IMO I don't see what all the hype is about the smart key either, I've heard more than one story of a spouse driving off with the car only to realize the person they just dropped off had the key and now they are stuck with the car in the middle of nowhere when they shut it off.
    My deal was cancelled. This is what happened. The dealership had few base LE, few upgraded LE, one SE, and one XLE. The XLE is white with Navigation package, includes push start & touch lock/unlock feature. I think it is the premium package without RES. The MSRP was 36K.

The sale rep showed us the white van with all the features. Then told us I will try to bring a silver one from a different dealer. It will have all the features. Except for the Navigation you will get the DVD package. The MSRP for that was 36.8K. Based on that I agreed for an OTD price 600 below MSRP, due to 8.875 % tax rate the best we can get in NYC probably 1,000 below MSRP. Two days later I went to pick the Van. The van was silver with leather and DVD but no push start & touch lock/unlock feature. I did not really care about touch lock/unlock, but I really wanted push button ignition. I requested them for refund of my deposit. The dealership will not refund my deposit because for me they added this Van to their inventory. I called AMEX to cancel the charge.
    WOW, I had a very frustrating day yesterday, I spent all day negotiating the price with different dealerships, first they quote me a white xle with tan interior thats my first choice, with nav ann push start and backup sensors for $31950 that was like $4k below msrp, I called other dealers to see if they match it and they were telling me that the dealer that quote me this, didnt even have it, in stock. I called the sales person that gave me the deal he said he was out of town and had me talk to someone else, very unresponsive and finally got a hold of him and told me that he is trying to locate the van because it was traded to another dealer.
    My next quote was $32400 from another dealership and $33400 for a 2013 from a different dealer, they added the blind spot monitor into the xle's and raised the price on them.
  • saltsoda1saltsoda1 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    I am also in NYC and shopping around for Sienna XLE. Can we exchange information about it?

My target is 4K off MSRP, Plus 0% financing. Which dealers do you recommend to contact?

Thanks.
    The first two deals are excellent....
    edited August 2012
    IF you are looking for 2012 and want a specific color, find out if dealer have that in stock or they can find from somewhere else. Most dealers will be getting 2013 models within 2 or 3 weeks. If you leave deposit get in writing that it will be refundable. I was at Sansone, they only have one XLE. White one with Navigation & Push start. The sticker price is $36,075. Since the van already has 1K miles on it, they might be willing to give you a huge discount. But know your credit score before reaching there, so you will not fall in to the APR trap.

I was at Staten Island Toyota and they have few XLE in stock. The base XLE sticker is 34,450 and one with Navigation & Push start is about 36,350. I just walked around that’s all. But the sales rep gave me a courtesy quote for Navigation one. It was about 1K below sticker price + TTL. His manager later said there is more room for negotiation. It was like 8 pm already. I just walked out will be calling him today to give him my offer.

In NYC the best will be getting OTD price 1K below sticker price.

Sticker Price: 36,350

Negotiated Price: 32,350 (4K off MSRP)

Tax: 2,871

DMV: 300

Documentation: 350 (some dealers have mandatory $350 documentation fee)

Total: 35,871 (its abt $480 below MSRP)

I think you will get above deal in NJ, but most of them have low inventory. in NYC check Plaza Brooklyn or dealer in Queens. I think there is also one dealership in Manhattan.
  • saltsoda1saltsoda1 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much for your information. Did these prices your negotiate already include $750 Toyota discount? Or before the $750 discount?
    Yes includes Dest. fee .. Always I negotiate with OTD price.. I checked with Route 22 Toyota, NJ. They will only get 2013 models by mid Sept. They only have few 2012 models, said if you need will find from some other dealer. But that is not a guarantee. It is better that you buy it from stock or wait for 2013.

I am not sure about the APR after 09/04. Right now 2013 Venza APR is 2.9% for 60 months. That will expire on 09/04. If they continue to offer that rate. I will be paying $1,800 more to finance 31K.
    I Finally decided to go for the basic XLE Negotiated a $29950 Price the out the door price including taxes fees and reg came out to $33009
    and I just spent $1300 more on a Pioneer Avic-Z140bh and Backup sensors including installation, I will keep my steering wheel controls and the backup camera will show in the small screen and the big 7" Nav screen as well. Total comes out to $34309 like $3000 less than the nav/package, the only thing I won't get is the push button, but i'm ok with that!
    I Finally decided to go for the basic XLE No NAV -Negotiated a $29950 Price, the out the door price including taxes fees and reg came out to $33009 in CA with 8.5% tax
    and I just spent $1300 more on a Pioneer Avic-Z140bh and Backup sensors (sonar) including installation, I will keep my steering wheel controls Ipod controls and the backup camera will show in the small screen and the big 7" Nav screen as well. And I will be able to play dvds while driving.Total comes out to $34309 like $3000 less than the nav/package, the only thing I won't get is the push button, but im ok with that! I will try to post pic/video when It's finally all instaled.
  • mgcar2012mgcar2012 Member Posts: 1
    We are looking for the same. Can you share the dealer contact? We also looked for similar din at best buy.
    Thanks.
    I was offered OTD price of 36,500 for 2013 Sienna XLE 8 PASS With Navigation Package. APR will be 2.9% for 60 months. I might have to speak to TMCC for lower rate.
    My OTD was $33009 , I just didn't want to pay 3k plus for navigation.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qNwtVF9zRBA
    I bought 2013 toyota sienna xle with NY package, mats , blind spot monitor, body side moulding for 3100 off MSRP of 36770.00 plus 200 doc fee and sales tax
    Thanks.. Dealer & City pls
    There is no 3K difference.. base XLE is 34,350 .. $1,725 for navigation with backup camera & smart key option. I am willing wait for it.. will wait until APR special ...
    That's what thought first, but I was not getting the same deal as I was getting with the basic one, plus the factory navigation does not play dvds and it limits you a lot while driving.
    Anyway good luck my dealer was Piercey Toyota in Milpitas CA
  • go4cciego4ccie Member Posts: 1
    can you please post the pic for parking sensor?
    i'm trying to buy the XLE and add the pioneer AVIC+parking sensor too.
    thanks in advance...
    ya.. the most I got was 3,500 off MSRP for the one with navigation. My friend just bought 2012 Pilot Touring 4WD .. 6,800 off MSRP + TTL
  • dean_zhangdean_zhang Member Posts: 3
    this board has been very helpful. Just purchased a new Sienna 2012 LE V6 with a price of $26,500 (including prep towing, floor mats, roof rack, mud guard, and wheel locks) (OTD $28700, including $750 rebate). Not sure if this is a good deal.
  • 5teve5teve Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a Silver/gray base package XLE w/ floor mats in Northern Virginia. MSRP was $34,340 and the advertised sale price was $29,446+TTL. I negotiated the out the door price because I didn't feel like getting bogged down in documentation fees and add-ons. With $750 cash back and no trade-in, total OTD was $31,100. First time negotiating a new car, so I hope I did well!
    edited August 2012
    Hi there, here is a picture of the sensors, they are hard to see, because they are actually mounted on the bottom of the bumper, there is a way of mounting them on the bumper, but of course requires drilling and color matching so it was a bit more expensive, they were $380 for the mounted ones, and this was only $180.
    I have included some pictures of the Avic-z140 unit as well.

http://www.use.com/a11adfc1352f0d9ab90c
    Took deliver 6 days ago-love it but the car has either clear or body colored tape near body side molding and near some door edges. Called Toyota and they said they don't have a clue. Dealer looking in to it next week. Peeling it off is the only way to tell if it is clear of body colored but I'm not doing it until I find out why it is there.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I bet they are rock guards. Subaru uses them too.

I would keep 'em on, they protect the paint.
    I took delivery 6 days ago and I'm loving it too, I also tinted the front door windows and the small window by the dash. Mine has that plastic tape as well, I believe is there on purpose to protect the door edges, I have an appointment at the dealership tomorrow I'm installing remote engine start and I'm going to ask.
    I'll let you know.
  • msickelmsickel Member Posts: 1
    Which dealership did you get it at? I'm also in the DCMA and looking for a 2012 XLE AWD with or without NAV/RES. Thanks much.
  • janoojanoo Member Posts: 15
    Hi Guys,
    Need your advice. I am in the process of negotiating a lease of a 2012 XLE AWD (loaded as it comes) with the navigation package, also come with the carpet floor mats/Door sill protector and 50 state Emissions (whatever that means). It is a 3 year lease and 12,000 per year. The final price of this deal is $430. I am putting zero down but am paying the taxes and bank fees up front and first months payment and DMV fees for a total of $2835 out the door. The dealer indicated that he will comp me the rubber matts and a remote start!!! The MSRP without the rubber matts and remote start is $38,667 Please let me know what you think?

Thanks again
  • 5teve5teve Member Posts: 2
    We bought from Koons Tyson's Toyota on Leesburg Pike. George Enkhtur was our salesman - very friendly, low pressure, and spent a lot of time going through the features on our first test drive.
  • azhuazhu Member Posts: 1
    Where did you buy it? That $26,500 includes tax? Thanks.
  • samir268samir268 Member Posts: 1
    Hi !
    I am getting a 2012 Sienna XLE AWD with Rear entertainment system and without navigation
    for 35300 plus 2000 Tax plus 200 Title fees - Total 37500 OTD.

I was also told that if I wait for 2013, I will loose the 750 rebate and 0% financing offer.

Should I go for the above deal or wait for 2012...hoping the forum members will help me make a decision.

Please advice.
    not bad... you getting 3,800 off MSRP.. Its very hard to get over 4K off for Toyota.. Go for it since you getting 0% APR... but remember 2013 already arrived.. so you are buying last year model