Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mmuller2mmuller2 Member Posts: 1
    Was offered the following today (around Chicago)

5 Door 8-Pass Van V6 XLE FWD
    XLE PREMIUM NAVIGATION PKG W/ENTUNE
    ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE
    MSRP : $ 38,915

OFFER: $34,000 + TTL

Do you think this is a good deal? TIA.
  • van2013van2013 Member Posts: 5
    XLE with navigation package, blind spot monitor, 10" DVD player (Distributer installed DVD) and window tint for MSRP of $39018. Bought it last Thursday for $35200 out of the door in north Houston, TX. Comes out to 32870+ 2055 (tax) +275(fees). Also great service from the dealer team( specially the sales manger). It was my first dealer I contacted but I couldn't resist and bought it on the spot. I hope it was a good deal. Got The loan from PenFed to get this price.
  • sbpceap1sbpceap1 Member Posts: 5
    Van2013's price for an XLE sounds much better than what the dealer offered to mmuller2 (post#12178, above), but you have to consider the Toyota rebate. In some of the Gulf states it is $2000, while where I am in the Northeast the rebate is $750. For some of us, it may pay to travel!!!
  • borik1234borik1234 Member Posts: 5
    Just took a delivery on a base (the only options were mats, mudguards and couple more minor things) XLE AWD for $33K + D&H + Taxes.

We were considering paying extra $2K for Navigation and BSM but decided we can live without them - would have been $35K otherwise

Both prices include the Toyota $1K rebate.

Wasted several days dealing with Stevenson Toyota East - and ended up getting this price at Autonation in about 20 min.
  • sammycccsammyccc Member Posts: 13
    The price seems pretty good. Where is the dealership? Thank you.
  • scoutingbearscoutingbear Member Posts: 1
    How is this deal? $36250 with premium navigation, roof cross bars, door sill protectors.

Northern Los Angeles County.
  • roadtrip470roadtrip470 Member Posts: 3
    SouthEast Michigan deal:
    got costco pricing at 32,495.00. Dealer said that's 300 below invoice, won't budged when I asked for another 500 off, so I walked out. They called back today, willing to drop 350 more to bring me back. This is set in stone, no way in hell they are dropping 500, that's made very clear. This would bring me of 2934 below MSRP. Should I take this deal? This is for XLE 2013 with add on of floor mats, roof rack, and lower body molding.

I read the post by van2013, and he got 6148.00 off MSRP??? I have no clue how that is even possible. I'm breaking teeth just to get close to 2900 below MSRP. I used costo pricing to set the bar, but it's no where near the deal van2013 got. Heck, it's cheaper to by it in Houston and ship it to Michigan (800 shipping cost).

Anyone feel Van2013 deal is extraordinary? truecar average saving is about 3K off MSRP.
  • oddie225oddie225 Member Posts: 5
    I got quote for a fwd xle with navigation package, roof cross bar, door molding for 36200 otd in Southern Cal. Does anyone know how much more can I negotiate?
    For those of you having hard time negotiating a good deal, you can always try fitzmall.com. They are in MD, their standard price is about 5k off MSRP and they used to ship cars to other states (I'm not sure if they still do). Few years ago I considered buying from them but I was able to get a reasonable deal in Houston. The link below is for the XLE prices. Good luck everyone. If you are closer to Houston, let me know and I'll send you to the man who sold me my van, you maybe able to get a good deal also.

http://www.fitzmall.com/Inventory/SearchResults?Conditions=NEW&Makes=Toyota&Mode- ls=Sienna&Trims=5dr+8-Pass+Van+V6+XLE+FWD+&Styles=&Prices=&Regions=ALL&Stores=&K- eyWordSearch=&Sort=Price-DESC&inventoryGrid_length=10&Wholesale=&UseCriteria=tru- e
    those are all very good prices, I wonder why my dealership would let me walk out, when they could have dropped 500 buck less and probably would still make some profit.
    Quick question tho, why did you need to get a loan when Toyota have 0% down, 0% interest for 60 months.

I could wait for a better deal, but by taking the 0% now, I think it will save a lot in the long run.

decision time! :)
  • superabsurdsuperabsurd Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Van2013, could you please let me know your dealer? I live in north Houston and am looking for a 13 sienna XLE. Thanks!
    In June, the incentives was 0 percent or $2000 from Toyota, I got a 0.74 percent from PenFed and the lower price, the numbers work out better this way. I'm not sure what are the incentives this month it could be different. Good luck.
    Gullo Toyota in Conroe. Good luck.
    wow, that's a nice rate from Penfed. Right now, they offers 0% or 1500 cash back. Assuming that I would get the lowest rate at 1.99 (with credit score of 801), it would put my interest around 646.65. So, taking the 1500.00 cash back incentive makes sense. Still not as sweet as the 2000 cash back tho. You got a hell of a deal, buddy.
  • santiagoanderssantiagoanders Member Posts: 1
    I've tried to get one at or slightly below invoice (at least according to edmunds invoice pricing) at two dealerships so far and I had to walk out after making this offer (31000 OTD).
    This would be divided:
    $28950 for the car
    $240 fees
    $1810 taxes

Take the current $2000 rebate off that and it would mean I'd get the car for $26950. But although Edmunds suggests this is below invoice, Truecar seems to indicate this is only slightly below average for my area on this model.
    What does anybody else think?
    edited July 2013
    Just got a 2013 xle 8 seat with navigation, door molding, roof cross bar, carpet/door seal for a few hundred lower than 35700. Had to walk out the door to get them to lower the few hundred. Bought from Tustin Toyota, Daniel Tsai. also got the 100k miles 7yr extended warranty for 1900 and 55k miles/5 year prepaid maintenance for 800. Hope I got a good deal.
    Just got a 2013 xle 8 seat with navigation, door molding, roof cross bar, carpet/door seal for a few hundred lower than 35700otd. Had to walk out the door to get them to lower the few hundred. Bought from Tustin Toyota, Daniel Tsai. also got the 100k miles 7yr extended warranty for 1900 and 55k miles/5 year prepaid maintenance for 800. Hope I got a good deal. MSRP is 36800.
  • kf2009kf2009 Member Posts: 2
    I live in dallas texas. does any1 know any toyota dealer in dallas will match Fitzmall.com price?
    Fitzmall 2013 toyota sienna se with sunroof for $31,500.
  • depechekdepechek Member Posts: 3
    Hi Van2013. Wondering if I may get your salesperson's name. I am out of Houston looking for a similar deal on a XLE.
    First name is Tomas, I can't post his last name per the rules.
  • lucasqlucasq Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2013
    Now 2013 Odyssey is cheaper. Is there still a good reason to buy sienna?
    I had a 2003 Odyssey, purchased new. It was my only vehicle that, despite being meticulously maintained, never made it to the 100K mile mark. The transmission started slipping, and with the added (expensive!) Honda timing belt replacement requirement, I had to trade it in for next to nothing. I purchased my Odyssey based on Honda's reputation, but my older Chrysler minivan gave me longer service. I am done with Honda! Now, with the 2013 Odyssey's 6-cylinder engine that shuts down one or two cylinders for fuel efficiency, I would definitely avoid this historically troublesome engine design! I purchased the more expensive Sienna hoping for better long-term service. Time will tell. If I didn't purchase the Sienna, I would purchase the even cheaper Dodge Grand Caravan before I would allow Honda's dirty little secret (under-engineered transmission design) to cost me thousands of lost dollars again.
    Thanks for sharing your story. I have heard similar stories. Seems like the older odyssey indeed has transmission problems. Maybe the new one will not have this problem? Nobody knows..

I still feel the odyssey is more refined compared with sienna though...
    2013 sienna XLE and above has Smart key which is major convenience for parents with babies or young toddler. It also has 2 yr maintenance and 0% 60 month finance. I chose Sienna because of the Smart Key. 2014 Odyssey would be a better choice with a higher price, no finance, or discount.
    edited August 2013
    Odyssey also has brake disc issue where the disc wears out unevenly and cause vibration when braking above highway speed. Sienna doesn't handle as well as Odyssey. Sienna also doesn't have complete flat floor when 2nd row seats are removed. The sliding mechanism stays on the car, while Odyssey floor is flat when 2nd row seats are removed.
    edited August 2013
    2013 XLE base with dealer installed floor mats, cross bars and door sill protection.

$33,000 OTD (including 6% MD tax) with 0% financing.

Very nice dealership and I feel it's a fair price too.
  • jombjomb Member Posts: 3
    Hi Oddie225,

what was your APR? did you get cash back w/ that cost?

was 35700OTD final cost you got? I am dealing w/ other dealers, but they didnt reduce the cost!!!
  • pooch2pooch2 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to purchase or lease a toyota sienna xle so far my purchase price has been34,819 thats 3,766 below msrp thats in NJ does anyone know of a better deal? I am also considering leasing I appreciate the help.
    Is it base XLE? If it is the price could be lower. At this price why not get an odyssey?
  • rjhamnanirjhamnani Member Posts: 5
    I have a quote of got 31,100 (+ Tax and Fees) for Odyssey for 2013 base EX-L base and 32,500 (+Tax and fees) for 2013 XLE Sienna. Still looking. Does your price of 34,819 includes taxes, fee and registration? I am in NJ as well....maybe we can combine our efforts :)
    Hi, Can you introduce me to your contact at the dealer. Their listed price on the website is a bit higher than what you mentioned. I am looking for a similar model. Thanks
    Email me at xiawei@clear.net. I'll give you here contact.
  • logylogy Member Posts: 5
    Hello, Pooch2 and Rjhamnani - I am in the market for a sienna or odyssey and live in NJ, let me know if you want to pool in for better deals.
    thanks
    Sure, how can I contact you? By the way I am in touch with Fitzmall at this time working on the price.
    edited August 2013
    If you don't mind going little further. R&H Toyota at Reisterstown have XLE with navigation for 34,700 OTD with 0% financing. I believe it's comparable to Fitzmall's price. But they don't have the base model...

They are a great dealership too! I would bought my car there if they have what I wanted..
    Thanks, I live in NJ and you can reach me at goraug3atgmail
    Hey, Thanks for the information. R&H are a bit closer for me. However, their internet listed price does not include 'delivery'. So, I chatted with the sales guy and he gave me a total price which was a few hundred (~350) more than what I got from Fitzmall. When I told him so, he agreed to match that price. But your price of 34,700 seems to be better than what I got for either of the dealers. Did you get that over the phone or went to the showroom? I am so far that I cannot go once to just look around and negotiate and again to actually buy. Is there anyway that I get that price? Appreciate your help!
  • timnashvilletimnashville Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    I just signed a contract for $36,100 on an XLE with Nav, Dual RES, Blind Spot Monitoring, Remote Starter, Paint Film, Cargo Mats, 2 extra headphones including all Toyota related fees, destination, document, advertising.

I do ok?
    Hi,

Is that XLE 7 pass. AWD or XLE 8 pass.FWD ?
    Thanks,
    edited August 2013
    Just the 8 Passenger FWD. I didn't see any AWD vehicles available in the TN. It did have captain chairs in the second row. Not sure if this is standard but I really liked it.

And the dual screen is mounted as a single screen to the ceiling like the new odysseys in a double wide format, not like seen on Toyota's website as two screens directly behind each front seat headrest.

Price included $1500 rebate.
    I went and talked to the dealer face to face. I think that 's the best way to get great prices.
    Thanks, so is this price before tax ? or OTD price ? sounds like a good price.
    It was price before Govt, i had tax tag and title on top of that, or about $1500.
  • hafaf1hafaf1 Member Posts: 2
    any price information on sienna extended warrant
    thank you
  • adomahadomah Member Posts: 6
    Option added.

C7 - Convenience Package includes: Cargo Organizer, Roof Rack Cross Bars
    CF - Carpet Floor Mats & Door Sill Protectors
    TO - Towing Package (3,500lbs)
    V4 - Remote Engine Start

----------------------------
    $27,800 (all discount applied). I am in Ohio so that's just about under 30K OTD. Is that a fair price? Thanks.
    This sounds to me (IMHO) like a fair price for what you're getting including the added options. Maybe even a good price. I wouldn't consider it a great price to jump on unless you're tired of shopping around.
  • adomahadomah Member Posts: 6
    Thanks. I just committed to the deal. I am done looking. I might save a couple hundred bucks by calling around some more but I got the color I wanted.
  • hshunterhshunter Member Posts: 9
    I just received a quote for a 2013 Sienna limited AWD Blizzard pearl paint with Navigation and DVD for $43,721. The price does not include sales tax, tag and any processing fees. Just checking to see if this is a good deal. I'm hoping to get a great deal since 2014 is coming out this month.
  • lxowner2lxowner2 Member Posts: 51
    What's the sticker? Which dealership?
  • lxowner2lxowner2 Member Posts: 51
    Molle Toyota, best prices. Check my prior posts.