Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

BMW 3-Series 2005 and earlier

Comments

• Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 893
    Tires: Brave let us know how the Sumitomo works out for you. I don't know anyone riding on them, so the feedback would be helpful.

Brakedust: Never had problems with them. They do get dirty quick, but considering how hard I brake, it's not surprising. I usually take my car to the local car wash, and they make the rims shin like new without any problems.

M3 raffle: Mailed mine yesterday. Now the waiting game starts. Still debating on attending Octoberfest in July.

The mild vibration I felt last night turned out to be a 5.2 earthquake. Interesting experience.
  • Options
    brave1heartbrave1heart Member Posts: 2,698
    I will let you know about the Sumitomo's but I will try to sqeeze 2-4K more miles out of my Contis so it will be at least 1-2 months before I get them.
  • Options
    kominskykominsky Member Posts: 850
    I ordered the Kumho's yesterday (brave, your post was about 3 hours too late ;-)). I figure they'll be on the car and scrubbed in before the end of next week. I'll let you all know what I think at that time.
  • Options
    1johann1johann Member Posts: 32
    Would like to hear recommendations for dealers with good service (during and more importantly post purchase)in MD or DC area. Tried VOB in Rockville, MD, but they seemed swamped and not very proactive in trying to show me a car.

What, no grey hair or Ricky Martin outfit - I don't seem like a buyer? At Lexus, MB and even Acura dealers - I found much more attentive sales reps. Is this an indication of how it is in the service departments as well?

We had an Acura and found them to have great service - attentive and they even washed the cars after simple things like oil changes etc.

In general, how would you characterize BMW service departments? Do they stress high quality customer service?

Thanks in advance?

Email me if you have anything to say about dealers or particular sales agents to avoid in the MD/DC area.
  • Options
    1pierce1pierce Member Posts: 284
    Yellow: I like the yellow that the last generation M3 came in. I just couldn't drive that color car now, due to my more conservative job requirements. Its a 20-something color. Also, Audi used to sell a sharp yellow in an S4,...and I can't picture a V-8 Mustang in anything but yellow.

I think the brake dust removal issue has more to do with the design of your wheels. I have smooth 5-spoke rims now, and brake dust comes right off with a sponge (provided you don't leave it on there for a month). I had the lace-type wheels, like the 330i, on my old Grand Prix GTP. They were beautiful, but finger wrenching to clean. I swore I'd never buy lace-type wheels again. It was so tedious, that one of my major considerations when buying a new car is how difficult the wheels will be to clean.
  • Options
    Would like to hear recommendations for dealers with good service (during and more importantly post purchase)in MD or DC area. Tried VOB in Rockville, MD, but they seemed swamped and not very proactive in trying to show me a car.

What, no grey hair or Ricky Martin outfit - I don't seem like a buyer? At Lexus, MB and even Acura dealers - I found much more attentive sales reps. Is this an indication of how it is in the service departments as well?

We had an Acura and found them to have great service - attentive and they even washed the cars after simple things like oil changes etc.

In general, how would you characterize BMW service departments? Do they stress high quality customer service?

Thanks in advance?

Email me if you have anything to say about dealers or particular sales agents to avoid in the MD/DC area.
  • Options

Thanks in advance?

• Options
    seivwrigseivwrig Member Posts: 388
    I'll try to post some this evening. All the ones I know are in the Galleria/Montrose area. Maybe a Houston BMWCCA member could post some. Bemer is one place. I believe they are in the Fondren/Westpark area.
  • Options
    derprofiderprofi Member Posts: 250
    I highly recommend going to see Joern (pronounced like "yearn") Esser at Passport BMW. He's awesome and will take plenty of time with you doing test drives, discussing options, etc. And if you decide to do European Delivery, he'll give you a great deal.
  • Options
    agrafagraf Member Posts: 8
    Thanks Bailey for the useful link.

Alex
  • Options
    mg330cimg330ci Member Posts: 162
    And

What do you think of them?
  • Options
    jonnyjjonnyj Member Posts: 15
    Does anyone know what will be different on the 2003 330i? When will the 2003 be available?

I bought my 2000 328 in August 1999, but my dealer says I won't get a 2003 until late Sept / Oct.
  • Options
    shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    By all accounts that I have read so far, the 2003 3-Series will have few if any changes when compared to the 2002 model. As for the when part, listen to your dealer.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    bing330ibing330i Member Posts: 89
    Anyhow, can anyone recommend a tinting shop in Orange County, CA? It is getting hot now. Thanks.
  • Options
    leenelsonmdleenelsonmd Member Posts: 208
    I am waiting too. I love the 2002, but I wanted to try to wait til 2003. Anxious for news. Shipo is probably right, but who knows? Maybe an in-dash cd changer will show up and be standard, maybe the 330 will become a 332, maybe the SMG will be an option on the 330, maybe bixenons will be standard and they will offer xenon turn signals or something...who knows.

Maybe a neon light will be standard on the underbody and will pulsate with the beat of the music on the HK... ooooh. ;-)
  • Options
    xenon turn signals and the neon light for those of you who are wondering.
  • Options
    pfaustpfaust Member Posts: 8
    I will be ready to start looking for a new 330i in about 4 weeks and would like to find a dealer in Tennessee that I can get this car from for $1200-1500 over invoice with no hassles. I was told during my initial visit to a Nashville dealer that since I want only leather and a manual, it will need to be special ordered and I will have to pay full MSRP.

While it is true most of the cars on the lot have the premium package and more, I know I can do better. Can anyone help me out? I will go to a neighboring state (Georgia, Kentucky, etc.), if necessary.

Thanks.
  • Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,434
    I would highly suggest that you add the Sport Package to your short list of options. A 330i with a stick, leather, and nothing else? You'd probably be better off doing European Delivery. You're talking about a car with no sunroof (which is fine if that's what you want)! I've only seen that once on a 325i sitting on a dealer's lot. You'd definitely have to special order it. As for paying MSRP, I'm not sure what the demand is like in Tennessee, but you can always do better than MSRP (Unless you're in Dallas or Houston and want a CiC). Just be patient. I would think they'd ask for something like a non-refundabe deposit ($1000) in case you backed out after you ordered the car. They wouldn't have an easy time getting rid of a 330i with no sunroof & a 5 speed.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    wrjohnsonpghpawrjohnsonpghpa Member Posts: 53
    I noticed that you're now leaning heavily toward an A4. I've read your posts on the A4 board and just wanted to chime in.

Although most are, not everyone on this board is a true "gear head." I'm not. I know these guys have you believing that if you don't get the SP and stick, you won't experience what BMW is all about. That's just not true. You have to compare apples to apples. Compare a 325i and an A4 (1.8T or 3.0) without the SP and with the step/tip. I hazard to guess that the BMW will win hands down. But you be the judge.

The 325i I've owned now for 3 weeks (1,300 miles) has the step and does not have the SP. I couldn't be happier! I wouldn't have done anything differenty, it is still "the Ultimate Driving Machine!" (BTW, it doesn't have the PP, leather, or HK either and I still wouldn't have done anything differently!) I know you too are a Maxima owner and as such, I have to tell you that my new 325i, as is (i.e., step and no SP), will run rings around my '97 Maxima SE (also an auto).

I can tell from your posts on the A4 board that if you get anything other than the BMW, you will indeed suffer from BMW envy! There just isn't anything to compare it to, not Audi, not MB nothing!
  • Options
    Since this is my first venture into this price range, I'm trying to keep things reasonable. But, fortunately, the sport package is standard on the 330i, otherwise that would be included in my list of options. A sunroof is a "nice to have", but I can live without it. I'm mostly looking for performance.

I considered the Ed option until I priced out the flights recently. The cheapest I found was about $1100 which cuts into the overall savings. Unless I'm missing something, the average ED savings for this car would be about $3000. The cost of getting to Munich, etc. would leave me with about a net savings of $1500 which is barely worth the hassle unless this is a planned vacation. If I took the wife and child, there would be no savings at all other than a cool vacation. Please let me know if there is more to the ED option than what I know.

Thanks.
  • Options
    If this is your first venture into this price range, might I suggest a 325i instead. Many of our members here have a 325i (or Ci) equipped with a manual transmission and are extremely pleased with its performance. Ask Brave1Heart! You might want to consider that an option especially if you've got to meet budgetary requirements.

You can save a little more than $3000 on the car via European Delivery. Instead of making it a vacation, make it a long weekend (Arrive Friday morning, Drop the car off Monday Morning, Fly out Monday afternoon). I belive shipo's recent European Journey cost him somewhere in the $400s for airfare on SAS airlines (Newark to Copenhagen, Copenhagen to Munich) round trip. My guess is it may be more expensive to fly internationally out of Tennessee. Many have posted they've found good lodging for about $60 a night. If you go for a 325i with some options and ED, then you could save yourself a bundle. Especially if you want a 5 speed (this is a good thing), you owe it to yourself to test drive a 325i with a stick and Sport Package; you'll be pleasently suprised.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    chewie5chewie5 Member Posts: 61
    I just wanted to make sure that you knew that while the Sport Suspension is standard on the 330i, the Sport Package (body kit, sport seats, etc.) is not standard. I agree with nyccarguy--try driving the 325i 5sp and see its power is adequate for you. If $$$ is an issue, you could also look into leatherette--I've heard many people say that they are happy with it.
  • Options
    ddblueddblue Member Posts: 117
    I ran myself through the ringer on this very issue. I wanted power, but I also realized that I wanted to spend my $$$ on a car that had nearly everything. Even a base 330Ci w/ just the SP was a few thousand more than a loaded 325Ci. Sure, you are short 41 HP, but with a manual the 325Ci is mighty quick. Plus, I can't imagine not having a moonroof, HK, Leather and Xenon. I am ecstatic with my car, and am plenty happy with the acceleration and performance.
  • Options
    Just feeding you a line either. I had my heart dead set on a 325Ci with a Manual transmission, leatherette, Sport Package, Moonroof, & Heated seats which I wanted to purchase via ED. The car even with the trip would have been a stretch for me, so I decided against it and that I can wait another couple of years to own a BMW (I'm only 26).

• Options
    My 325i 5-spd with SP is perfect for me!! Even 1 track event and 2 autoxing events have not left me wanting more power. Quite the opposite - I am realizing that I have not reached the full potential of my 325, let alone a 330. I could not be happier with my car and I AM picky about performance.
  • Options
    der profi, I received a bounce back from your email account. Can you send me your most up-to-date email? I wanted to ask you a questions about Passport BMW and the sales agent you recommended.

Thanks,

J
  • Options
    phatratpakphatratpak Member Posts: 12
    Hey guys, thanks so much for your answers regarding my questions about he 325xi, now I have some new ones. Ok, I've basically narrowed my new car purchase to be either the 325i/ci or the altima3.5SE. They are quite different cars with vastly different advantages and disadvantages. could you guys offer some candid objective advice (if possible) thanks. Also, I've priced quite similar 325i and 325ci coupe and have found the coupe to actually come out less. The 325i, had steptronic, split/foldown rear seats, PP & SP. However, with the 325ci coupe, I get steptronic, moonroof and SP. Can you guys think of any particular advantage the coupe has over the sedan or vice versa? Thanks a lot for your time.
  • Options
    katkisonkatkison Member Posts: 40
    You live in Pearland? Where? (Not your actual address, which subdivision) We just moved into The Lakes at Countryplace last month and are loving it. I am so happy to be out of our apartment, even though it was in the middle of Houston, and give my 330i the garage it deserves!

Kelly
  • Options
    vkwheelsvkwheels Member Posts: 218
    In My Opinion For What It's Worth
    I drove the Altima...uh-uh. Very nice, but wouldn't get it, too soft for me. It might be less $ & I know Nissan makes a good product, but that wasn't enuff to make me want one. Looks-wise, it's nice but lacks the qualities that makes the 3-series so desirable. I like both the coupe & the sedan, the former is of course racier, the latter is more conservative, easier on passengers, and still a looker all the way around.
  • Options
    cool_handcool_hand Member Posts: 4
    I'm in New Jersey and ready to turn my SLK 2-seater in for a 4-seater. Looking to lease a fairly loaded 325Ci. Can anyone let know where I might get a good deal?
  • Options
    I agree with vkwheels. I drove a new Altima. Ugh. What piece of crap. Not a bad engine, but talk about crappy workmanship. R&T gave the interior workmanship a D+, saying it was bad quality and very plasticky. The exterior design is not that great either. The front end isn't bad, though nondescript, but the rear is just nasty. Nissan designers were trying to emulate motorcycle tailpipes in the tailight cluster. It's a car, for pete's sake! If I want a motorcycle, I'll buy one. Hmmm, let's make a boat with a tail that looks like a plane!
  • Options
    1pierce1pierce Member Posts: 284
    I have been over at the A4 Board alot lately, and have test driven 3 A4's and an A6 w/CVT in the last week. I am leaning toward the Audi, but I will not buy one until I test drive a 325i. The problem is that no nearby dealers in Pittsburgh have a 325i available to test drive. My Audi dealer also sells BMW, but seems thoroughly unmotivated to sell me a 325. I think its because the Bimmers are usually special order, and they have half a dozen A4's on the lot.

I love the A4 3.0, and I was very impressed with the CVT. I hated the 1.8T - too dead on launch, and I don't like the turbo feel. Its totally different with an automatic, as opposed to my friends Passat 1.8 w/manual, which has far less lag. With the A4, you just get soooo many little details that you don't get w/the 325i.

Interior storage is vastly superior, with the best glove compartment I've ever seen, the floor mats are included, the gauges have those beautiful chrome rings, the base stereo is much better, there is this neat ambient light over the console, the trunk has a bunch of nets and storage cubbies, the base tires are 215-55-16, instead of 205-55-16, the leatherette is even more convincing (although BMW's is fine), the climate control is dual-zone, etc, etc, etc...

I don't doubt that the BMW will feel great, that's why I'm waiting. But, it had better FEEL much better, or I may go A4. The cars I want are within $250 sticker of each other, so they are essentially the same price (although I can probably deal better on the Audi).

Incidently: I have seen a number of 325's come into my dealer to fill special orders (they sit there on the lot teasing me, and I'm not allowed to test drive them). I have yet to see one with SP. They all have had step, PP and heated seats (what's up w/that?), and most have leather, and HK.
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 893
    You're looking for an automatic, right? With auto, I think you'll end up liking the A4 better than 325i.
  • Options
    I am an Altima owner('96) and BMW 325i owner('02). Nissan makes pretty good engines but they lack in finish and refinement. The '02 Altima is kind of gimmicky and too similar to the Maxima. Every time I take the Altima to the Nissan dealer, they always trying to get me to trade in for the New model. I've buy another BMW before I buy an Altima. I like the Altima I have but I cannot stand all the rattles that I have had to contend with for years.

Coupe vs. Sedan. The coupe looks better but it depends on personal taste. I also feel the same way about SP. I did not go with SP because the seats hug me a bit too tightly. I guess if I could get the M-seats, I'd be in business. Consider what you want to spend and go from there. In my case, my wife determined the criteria: no 2-door, no 2-seaters and nothing too flashy translation: no S2000, no Z3, no BMW 3er coupe. I did ED but I lacked the expense of most people. Most of my expense was on two plane tickets and a ferry ticket. ED is a good consideration if you can spare the time. Time is the only true factor in considering to do or not to do. My target was $35K before tax and this worked well. My 325i is Jet Black with Black Leather,PP,Split Seats,Nav,HK,Bi-Xenon and Step. I installed a BMW alarm, CD changer, wheel locks and luggage net. I have two sets of floor mats (a pair from ED and rubber set for daily use). ED throws in a set of floor mats (your dealer may or may not do this), first aid kit and safety triangle. The 330i has more horses but do you need them. Test drive as many variations as possible before you pull the trigger.
  • Options
    phatratpakphatratpak Member Posts: 12
    Ok, but the altima is also roughly $10k less. And that, unfortunately is a big deal to me. I guess, what I'd like to know is, is the extra investment upfront going to payoff later on with reliability and repairs? Or am I going to be bit in the [non-permissible content removed] after warranty with insane bills. My friend's volvo with over 100k miles just needed a regular servicing for $2,000. I am recent college graduate with a good job and like 0 expenses and considering this to be the time to get my BMW out of the way so I don't bankrupt my family with a mid-life crisis bmw... any thoughts. thanks.
  • Options
    Since I am into acceleration and performance more than all the bells and whistles, I think the 330i will keep my need for speed satisfied with 225 hp. You're right, the sport suspension is standard which is what I want and the manual is my preference. The only other "must have" is the leather. I agree the leatherette is definitely acceptable, but there is something about the smell and feel of authentic leather... I've heard the HK system is just ok, but I have some nice Phoenix Gold (amp), Mb Quart (component speakers) and Infinity (rears) goodies in my current car that I may have installed in the new car. That should take care of the sound.

Add a nice dark window tint to my new red with natural brown interior 330i and I could be a very happy camper.

I need to check further into the flights to Munich from TN. I know the timing during the year makes a difference. I think if I could fly there and back for around $700-800, it would probably be worth it. Add to that my love of German beer and the trip could be a beautiful thing.

I appreciate your comments!
  • Options
    smithermanmdsmithermanmd Member Posts: 4
    Hey,

My husband and I just moved to the Lakes at Country Place on April 1 and we are loving it as well. We are trying (one of us more than the other!) to wait for a 2004 330i. Your 330i is probably one of the ones I drool over as I do my morning run through the neighborhood. I would like to get a 2003 but Scott being the more reasonable of the two of us thinks I should wait a year. Rats. I can't wait to get it, though, because the straight shot into the medical center would be so much fun in a 330i SP, PP, manual. Oh, i can't wait...

Sheila
  • Options
    mschukarmschukar Member Posts: 351
    I agree that the 330 has more power, but test drive both if you haven't already.

Regarding power, my wife and I took our first weekend trip in our 325 last week. At one point, there was a gentle downhill and ample room to pass, so I left it in fifth gear to pass in a 55 mph zone. My wife yelled at me when she noticed I was doing 90 mph!

Don't forget the wider tires with the SP offer better handling. I also like the sport seats as well.

BTW, Travelocity showed several flights from Nashville to Munich for under $800.

-murray
  • Options
    mschukarmschukar Member Posts: 351
    I guess, what I'd like to know is, is the extra investment upfront going to payoff later on with reliability and repairs?

Check out the True Cost to Own feature on Edmund's new car info. The BMW comes in at less than $6k more to own over 5 years than the Altima. Remember that all maintenance is covered on the BMW for the first 3 years so you're less likely to have unexpected expenses.

My friend's volvo with over 100k miles just needed a regular servicing for $2,000

Seems like a bargain to me! Consider that the Altima will run you $18k for depreciation and financing during the first 5 years! That's over $3k a year and you haven't even started to pay for maintenance. I assume your friend's car is over 5 years old and paid off so spending a couple grand a year to keep it running is a bargain.

Bottom line, the BMW will cost you more. If the Altima seems like a fine car to you, buy it. I'm certain you'll enjoy the 325 more, but only you can put a price on that.

-murray
  • Options
    Of course, there's the price difference. I have a 2001 325Ci w/ SP, HK, MR, Xenon, Leather and Metallic Paint. I paid $34,633 OTD. If you get a comparably loaded Altima 3.5 SE V6, it runs for just a little over $28K MSRP. Granted, you probably wouldn't pay that much OTD. But take a look at the numbers. There might be a $7K-8K difference (substantial, of course), but take a look at the cars. It's really tough to compare them. In my opinion, you get far more car than the $7K-8K difference. I would dare to say that a Nissan Altima V6 w/ manual would be hard pressed to beat a 325Ci Manual 0-60. I think the Altima was clocked at around 6.2. I had mine timed at 6.2 and 6.3. Say nothing about the comparison in handling. The Altima feels like a ship compared to the 325Ci. Steering feel, overall performance, weight ratio are easily won by the BMW. Other issues:
    - Exterior styling: Altima is a wedge with bizarre taillight cluster. Not terrible, but definitely not something to write home about. The 3 is one slick baby. You'd be hard pressed to find a better looking car. Especially the coupe (I'm biased). I think it is quite possibly one of the best automotive designs today (Ferrari 360 Modena crushes just about everything).
    - Interior quality: Definite workmanship issues with the Altima. Very cheap and poorly assembled. Even owners on Edmunds agree on the Altima's poor interior build quality and appearance. Heck, compare it to the Accord and Camry, if not the Bimmer. In its class, the Altima is trounced. The BMW's interior is fantastic (okay, Audi is tops). Everything in the BMW is designed with the driver in mind. Form follows function, and nothing is done in excess. Everything has a purpose (okay okay, so the blasted coin holder needs help).
    - Driving experience: This cannot be measured. Drive an Altima, then get in a BMW. It's like wearing wooden clogs, then slipping into a pair of Nike Shox. This comparison doesn't even do it justice. Driving a BMW does something to you--it is a true driver's car. Pooh-pooh the status symbol aspect. Jettison the name and the fancy roundel. Take it for the pure driving enthusiasm that you take in through your eyes, your hands, your feet, and your oh-so-happy butt cheeks.

Yes, with the Altima, you will get a good car. You may even be very very happy with it. Yes, you will save money. No one can knock you for being fiscally wise. But if you can afford it without being irresponsible, then go for the BMW. Drive it, and you will surely know.
  • Options
    katkison: I live in the Lakes of Edgewater estates in Pearland. I might move soon though...up to my wife. We have both loved it out in Pearland. Email me and I will give you my address. You can come drool over my grass.

patratpak: The problem with buying a BMW is that you will probably never want to go to any other brand after that...you will probably get the funk like the rest of us and be hooked for life unless you really get some big cash and start dropping over a 100k on really high performance cars. The bimmer though will help keep you out of a midlife crisis and it is a lot less than a psychiatrist. Just think about the 30-45 minutes of therapy you will receive every day that you are able to drive it to work. The Altima is just another car. I mean look at ddblue above -- pretty sick huh? Almost all BMW owners though say these kind of things -- the numbers don't matter -- you cannot sum up the human experience with numbers and there are no vehicles on the road in the 30-40k price range that offer an experience that is comparable. I did not feel this way at first when I bought my car, but over a 6 month period of time I began to appreciate the true car that it was -- it is all sports car and all luxury. The commercial says that in this car you will have thousands of moments each second and they are not lying. Every moment, the car is telling you something about the road and it is a symphony to your senses. There are few things that can compare.

1pierce - If the couple of extra thousand dollars was important, the A4 step really gives the 325 step a run for the money. The 330 though is a totally different story.

my two cents: If I were more money conscious, I would get the 330 with manual and no options over the loaded 325. The HP boost, stiffer suspension, and larger tires really adds a lot to the total performance of the car and I would rather skip the sunroof and leather and get these things if money was tight. Of course I live in Houston and the sunroof is only appreciated about 3 days out of the year here. Please do not misunderstand me though, the 325 (which I now own) is a terrific vehicle to drive. It is a total performance vehicle too, but it makes you work a little harder to squeeze the sweat out of it. If you do not mind giving it a squeeze, then there is no problem. All of the things that I said above about the shrink and the driving experience would apply, but I would give up some extras to get the additional boost.

I joined the BMWCCA now and need to contact them to sign up for the M3 raffle. If you haven't joined yet AND you are looking to buy a BMW, then you should give it strong consideration -- they give you $500 off any new 3 series or certified pre-owned BMW after you have been a member for a year.
  • Options
    castinstonecastinstone Member Posts: 12
    Others have elegantly discussed qualitative reasons. Quantitatively, try comparing the Altima against a Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) BMW. That way the price differential is less of an issue.
  • Options
    yalesomyalesom Member Posts: 9
    Just curious as to what others have installed (bmw alarm, lojack, other, or none) along with opinions or experiences.
  • Options
    Sheila,

Please drop me an e-mail, we can exchange addresses! Wow, can't believe what a small world this is where two of us live in the same neighborhood, considering there are less than 500 homes. Did you buy new construction or previously owned? We bought new and back up to Clear Creek and the woods. We moved in on April 19 and only have a couple of neighbors within spitting distance right now.

I leave for work pretty early (about 6:45 am these days), so don't know if you see me in my 330i. We have been playing around with traffic times to find the best times to leave in the morning. We both work downtown and I am happy with the fact that if I leave around 6 pm to go home, I have a straight shot 20 minute drive.

The only thing that is depressing is that they dropped the speed limits to 55. It is very hard to keep the 330i at 55-62 mph. She so wants to drive much faster! I was able to get some room to accelerate yesterday evening. She hasn't seen that speed in a while.

leenelsonmd: You know, hint, hint, if you moved into Countryplace, I bet you would cut a significant amount of your commute (unless you work in the other direction). Living right off the freeway and closer in that the rest of Pearland makes it pretty nice! :)

I will e-mail you and come look at your grass. As first time homeowners, we are trying to take care of everything and it is a lot of work. But, with the pool construction, we have been unable to get our irrigation system in yet. Hopefully they can start on that next week.

Happy driving!

Kelly
  • Options
    I beg to differ on the use of the sunroof in Houston. I open it almost every day, even in summer. I just get the climate control working. I really enjoy the wind and sun. We would have bought the 330 convertible, but did not want to spend the extra money. We are already thinking about our next vehicle, when the 330i gets turned in in October 2004.

Kelly
  • Options
    If you ever pass me on your commute down S.H.288. Flash your lights at me. I'm in the sinister looking black on black 2002 325i non SP, black tinted windows with a German plate in the window.
  • Options
    Cool, sunny morning. Just me, Shtroumpf, and a tight ramp. Life is beautiful. Every day is a bliss with my 325. For over a year now. It's as close to perfection as I've ever been.
  • Options
    I have been looking at used 323i and 328i recently. Anyone else work through the decision to pay more for a CPO car or bump up one year (say Year 2000) for a newer car w/o the CPO extended warranty.

CPO seems to add extra cost onto the purchase price $1,500-2,000. A year 2000 has not CPO extended warranty - but assuming mileage is reasonably low - it will have two years remaining on the bumper to bumper warranty.

If I have the facts straight on the CPO premium and the basic warranty - what do you think is a better way to go?

Thanks.

J
  • Options
    It will work itself out to be better in the long run.