Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jhxyzjhxyz Member Posts: 9
    2005 BZ package includes:
    -trip computer/homelink
    -power RH pass sliding door
    -Rear seat audio
    -Vehicle skid control
    -Alloy Wheels
    -Windsheild wiper DE Icer
    -Daytime running light
    -Drive/Front Pass side airbags
    -All 3 row side curtain airbags
    -AM/FM/Cass/CD w/ 10 speakers
    -Power Drivers seat
    -No DVD

Toyota charge too much for their DVD upgrade...I am planning to install my own, a full computer system+wireless Internt+GPS+DVD(I try to use it while I am driving).
  • jhxyzjhxyz Member Posts: 9
    my email: jeff.buyvan(at)zoemail.net

Glad to help!
  • lee_wlee_w Member Posts: 239
    You are encouraged to include the name of the dealer. That information is very helpful to our readers. Please read the rules below and do not include salesman name, direct links or phone numbers. Enjoy your vehicle.
  • ewtewt Member Posts: 127
    I have an AWD Limited, and would probably get FWD if I were doing it again. The run flat tires are a bad system IMO since they're expensive to replace and can be hard to find - pontentially stranding you while you wait for a replacement tire. Snows in St. Louis (I grew up in Missouri) where you'd really need AWD are pretty rare. The ride is fine IMO if you have the tires inflated properly. Mine was delivered with 42 psi of pressure, and the ride was choppy. At 35 psi, the ride is excellent. I think it is a little rougher on bad pavement than the FWD, but I can't imagine most people would characterize it as "rough."

I love the console between the front seats. I use it for CD/DVD/sunglass storage, and would much rather have it than a folding table with no storage. My wife can climb over it if she needs to get to the back of the van. If you don't like it, you can put the console between the seats on the second row, and pick up the table for the front row.

As far as price, $3000 under MSRP is a good price. $3000 under invoice is unheard of unless Toyota has some big incentives to clear out 2004s.
  • noname_17noname_17 Member Posts: 4
    I just bought an 05 CE 7 passenger with pkg. #1. I got it for $22,000.00 plus tax, tag, and fees. Because I didn't have time to go to the dealership, they drove about 75 miles one way to deliver it to me. The dealer was Fairway Toyota in Albany, GA, and I did all the negotiating through e-mail. If my math is correct, that is $182 over Edmund's invoice, so I think I got a good deal.
  • iaguyiaguy Member Posts: 2
    I'm in the Midwest and am negotiating on a 2005 Sienna XLE with package #6 and floor mats. It lists at $34,736 and the dealer has offered it at $31,200. From what I have been reading, it seems like a good price. Any thoughts?
  • dingweilinlidingweilinli Member Posts: 5
    I guess you missed the important part: price.
  • minivanbuyer2minivanbuyer2 Member Posts: 4
    that seems to be a great buy. I have negotiated a 2005 sienna xle with package 14 and actic frost pearl for 31000+tax+title. I have not had the vehicle yet. I am in toledo, OH. Where did you buy your minivan
  • stj4stj4 Member Posts: 27
    I had ordered a 2005 8 pass LE, BW and CF from Carmax Kenosha, WI for 26,500 last month (that price was about $500 above the best price I could get from the other local dealers, but carmax offered $2000 more for my trade in).

I got the call from my salesman, went to pick up the car yesterday and they told me the price has been cut down $500 that day and they are going to give the car to me for the reduced price of $25,900, and will give me the same price on my trade in which they offered 1 month back ...(granted they will sell my car for $30K as evidenced by a nearly identical car which is available on their used car site). Still they could have asked me to pay the agreed upon price and may be shaved a few hundred dollars on my trade in.

I think Carmax works well for people who do their research, but do not want to spend a lot of energy on this, and are willing to pay a premium of a few hundred dollars for that, or for someone who do not want to do the homework.

I recommend my sales person and the sale manager to anyone without reservation.

PS: Just one glitch in the sale.. the van only came with one set of key. They have promised to mail the key directly from toyota, which I think should reach me next week.
  • cablekccablekc Member Posts: 54
    I am looking for a LE Sienna with DVD system. One of the dealers that I am emailing said that they have a LE Sienna but they would have to install it at the dealership since the LE Sienna doesn't come with it in their standard models. Is it a bad idea to have the dealer install additional accessories ( like a DVD system ) if the original base model doesn't have it?

I don't know if it is common or whether it should be a concern.

Thanks.
  • iaguyiaguy Member Posts: 2
    I am buying in Cedar Rapids, Ia. I have been told that they are not producing option package # 14. Is your car scheduled for production?
    I just had a call from the salesperson and toyota does,nt make that package anymore. He quoted a price of 32,180 on xle with pkg #6. I will have to negotiate. What would be the best price?
  • javnerjavner Member Posts: 23
    With the arrival of our 3rd child this winter, we are considering a vehicle to better accomodate us. My wife's requirement is that she can put all three in the 2nd row when around town. We want the flexibility of the 3rd row for trips and family visits etc. Besides a full size SUV, the Sienna with the 8 pass is one of the few options. Currently she drives an Explorer that is going to feel very narrow and small with five people onboard.

My question: When I try to "build" the van on the Toyota website I am forced to pick option group #6 (we are in the Chicago region according to the site even though we are 20 minutes from the factory). Is it possible to order the van with a different option group? Local dealer never sees an 8pass so it doesn't matter what they may usually get etc.

From people's experience ordering their vehicles is it possible to spec (option group) exactly as you'd like? Any experience would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    I just negotiated and finally settled for 31900+tax+title. I was just looking up toyota web site and found xle limited for 29590. I think there could be an error.
    I got this internet quote from a Toyota Dealer in San Jose CA.

+ Sienna LE FWD w/Package 8
    $28,772.00

+ adding running boards and security system approx cost
    $1,850.00

+ tax, title and license 10%
    $3,062.00

Out the door price
    = $33,684.00

I am wondering....is the $3062.00 is too much for tax, title and license?

As I understand it, the 2005 LE w/Package 8 includes the DVD system ( correct me if I am wrong ). Is this a good price for a quote?
    Hi,

I just bought a 2005 8 pass LE with BW package 2 days back.. special ordered from Carmax Kenosha. Those guys are very helpful.

I live kind of in chicago and Milwaukee, and have found Milwaukee dealers much more customer friendly and straightforwrd than Chicago dealers... Just my opinion..

If you need more info about my experience, call or e-mail me. Due to my fear of putting my e-mail address and phone number here, I will give you a roundabout way of contacting me (if you are interested)

Go to ebay home page, click on advanced search, pick search by seller, put in my id for this forum, then choose all items, and click on the item that shows up which is a completed auction gor a BMW wagon. The other option is to search on ebay for item # 2490328663 in completed auctions.

You can find my phone number and be also able to send me an e-mail from there.

You can also get some info about them by a message posted by me a couple of days back in this series.

Good luck
    stj4
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Seems like a phone number on eBay would be even worse than on here - I'm always looking at completed items there.

Easiest thing to do here is to mark your email address public in your Profile and people can click on your user name to find it. But the web spam spiders don't have access to those pages.

Even better is just to post buying details (how much and what options) here for everyone to view.

Steve, Host
  • wavwav Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in buying a '05 XLE with or without ES package. Anyone bought a similar one in Central Texas?

Thanks.
  • hpanhpan Member Posts: 61
    The invoice reported by Edmund's for the FWD Limited with Package #2 (Nav & DVD) is $34,925 including destination, but the dealer claims the invoice is about $35,500. Who is right?
    We don't report ad fees since they vary by region, but they may be on your dealer's invoice. Or maybe you're in one of the captive distributor areas covered by Gulf States or SouthEast Toyota, in which case you may have other fees to deal with. (I guess you're in CA judging by other posts though?).

Why does the car I'm looking at have a different invoice price or MSRP than what's listed on Edmunds.com?

Steve, Host
    Yes, I am in Northern California. I will ask the dealer to email me a copy of the invoice and see whether they have added any fees on there.
  • fordtoyfordtoy Member Posts: 2
    Invoice: $22,256 + $1,336 (BI) + $119 (floor mat)
    + $555 (advertising & fin) + $540 (dest) = $24687

The $555 is the difference from Edmunds invoice. I paid $24987. Edmunds MSRP would be $270XX.

I am in SF Bay Area. I contacted more than 10 dealers, everyone gave me the same invoice price.

I paid $20XX below MRSP and $855 above Edmunds invoice, good enough for me.

I bought mine at Hayward Toyota.
  • kxsomrkxsomr Member Posts: 4
    I got a quote for
    04 XLE
    MSRP 33,091
    Quote 30,600 I
     got a feeling that I can easily get 30K Is this a good deal? The dealer is in Connecticut.

Also, I got another quote for
    05 LE 8 seats PKG#6
    MSRP 28,921
    I think I can get around 27,250
    Again good deal? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you
  • rfeng1rfeng1 Member Posts: 8
    Hello Cablekc
    Would wou mind telling me who your dealer is. Thanks

I received a quote from a local Bay Area dealer for XLE with pkg # 1
    2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited Front Wheel Drive (model #5356)
    Various Colors
    FE- 50 State Emissions
    HE- Package #1
    CF- Carpet Mats

MSRP................................$37,731
    Dealer Invoice......................$34,039
    Toyota Sunnyvale Internet Price.....$35,289 ($1250 over invoice)

His invoice is above the Carsdirect invoice ($33887)

He was offering 950 0ver Invoice for XLE. I am not sure for LE. I have heard so someone who got 300 over invoice for Toyota Sunnyvale f0r an 05 Sienna.
  • suiosuio Member Posts: 42
    BZ package does not include 10 speakers.
  • suiosuio Member Posts: 42
    I am shopping for a 2005 Sienna LE 8 Pass with option package BZ. What is the best deal you have got in the twin cities area (Minnesota)?
    rfeng1,

I will have to doublecheck for the name....but it was from Toyota Sunnyvale. I think his name was Rik? ( not sure cuz I have been emailing so many dealers ).
  • glerminglermin Member Posts: 8
    What dealers had the best prices?
  • lime679lime679 Member Posts: 38
    Hello, I am a salesperson at Toyota in Houston, TX. To set the record straight, we love to see people come in with their research done on the vehicles but all the information off the net, even here from edmunds is not exaclty right. What's in our computers are set not by the dealership. We do not have the power to change invoice prices and things of that nature. Good Luck!!
  • mingdermingder Member Posts: 12
    I am looking for a 05 LE 8 seats, which two dealers give you the lowest price? You mention Carmax and another dealer. Would you mind share it with me? my email is: myang1@wisc.edu.

Thanks, Mingder
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Posting your e-mail address on a public bulletin board guarantees you'll get more spam. Besides, we provide this message board so that members can exchange buying information here, so that all of our members can benefit.

Please do not request that purchasing experiences be shared by e-mail.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Hello Mingder,

I went to Wilde toyota, Andrew toyota, and called and discussed with Heiser Toyota, Jack Safro Toyota and Libertywille Toyota. I got the best price on the minivan from Andrew Toyota $25,900 and Heiser Toyota (who said they will beat the price by $200), and both of them were willing to special order the van for me.

I also went to a Grossinger's toyota in Chicago, and they were very wishywashy.. said will give the van for $1000 over invoice, but then wanted to add destination fee to the final price, and when I told them the best price I have is 25,900, the person said that price was just impossible. Needless to say, the conversation did not get very far.

WIlde toyota, stressed the point that they were the biggest volume dealer in WI, was not willing to come below 26,900 with me.

I was somewhat avoiding carmax beacuse their price was about $600 over the best price I could find elsewhere..

I ended up buying my van from carmax Kenosha, because

1. Them along with Andrew toyota were most professional with me.

2. They offered $2000 more for my trade-in

3. They were willing to special order the van with the options of my chosing.

I ordered the van for $26,500, (2005 8 pass LE, BW package and floormats) and then a few days later, my wife wanted the color of the van changed and they were happy to accomodate (it seems like up to a certain time before the van is actually built, they could change options/colour etc by the sales manager himself).

They even told me the production date of the vehicle and about 5 days after the vehicle was made, I was acutally driving the van.

The best thing happened when I went to pick up the van.. they simply told me the price was dropped by $500 and I bought the van for 25,900 which actually is $600 over edmunds invoice. The carmax guys were even straight in telling me that they make about $1200 profit on the car..( there is likely more, but they included at least the factory holdback).

Long story short, if you want to avoid the hassle and is willing to pay 200-300 dollars more, just go to carmax, order the van, and save your time. If you want the best price, also check Heiser toyota and Andrew toyota. Heiser guys (actually their saleswoman) seemed to be under a little more pressure to sell the van.

Just one other factor to consider, Honda city in Milwaukee is selling 2005 8 pass odyssey EX $500 under MSRP, without any negotiation. I went for a test drive a couple of weeks back and they just offered this to me. I have seen people on edmunds buying the van for up to $2000 over MSRP.

Do not hesitate to write/call if you have more questions, or if you need names of salespersons/managers at these places.

Shibin
  • hxlhxl Member Posts: 9
    I got a quote as such

05 LE with package #1 AM

MSRP 26,080
    Quote 24,408 (including destination)

How lower can I get from Quote?
  • indy93indy93 Member Posts: 97
    Any suggestions:

05 Ody Touring:

Ody has a more advanced NAV and larger DVD,Nice Gauge display,
    Seats recline farther,Corners sharper,
    Better mileage.

05 Sienna XLE Ltd HO:

Lexus ride and feel,
    JBL sound,Laser Cruise ?,
    HID,Park Assist?

I don't like PAX but I wish toyota had larger displays on the nav and dvd. Can anyone comment on their experiences with the park assist, nav, or laser cruise? Seems to be a toss up, can't get everything in one.
  • vsudsvsuds Member Posts: 1
    Hello STJ4,

I just want to confirm that you got a 2005 LE 8 pass BW with floor mats at 25900 at carmax. The best quote i have got till now from dealer is 26250 with just the BW and the carmax prices are well above this. Please confirm

Thanks
    suds
    rfeng1 ( and anyone else that is in the SF Bay Area );

I am still leaning towards the 2004 LE AWD ( with a bunch of Aftermarket installations ). Yesterday, I came to the realization that it may not be too bad an idea to pay a couple of hundred more for the XLE AWD model.

For those that are looking in the SF Bay Area, can you give me an idea about what quotes you have been receiving for the 2005 XLE AWD?

For the 2005 LE AWD along with all my aftermarket installation, I suspect that I will be paying about $32,000. I am wondering how much more would a 2005 XLE AWD w/Package 10 and the Convenience package would cost and therefore whether the price difference is a couple of hundred dollars or couple of thousand dollars.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Hello Suds,

yes, I did buy the 2005 8 pass LE with BW and floormats for $25,900 from Carmax, Kenosha, WI. The actual price was $25,914 or $25,916 plus $99 documentation fee, and I took delivery of the van on Octobet 6th.

Send me an e-mail via ebay (same userid as here) and I can hook you up with the sales manager if you want (since I cannot post his name or phone number here), and hope you get the same deal or better...

Good luck
    stj4
  • rclkslrclksl Member Posts: 3
    Anyone have any thoughts on what I should expect to pay in the PA area for XLE AWD Limited with HO Package (NAV, DVD)?
    I got a quote for an 2005 XLE AWD with Package 10 and Convenience package for $36,289 ( not including tax, license and doc fees ) from Concord Toyota in the SF Bay Area.

Is that too high for an XLE AWD?
    Way too high. You can get a '05 FWD XLE Limited with Package #2 (Nav & DVD) for less than that or FWD XLE with Package #8 for under $35K.

I have dealt with Concord Toyota a few times recently, and the salesmen and Internet dept. were not very professional at all. I bet you are wasting your time.
  • mkjj123mkjj123 Member Posts: 18
    Got a quote for an 05 XLE with pkg #6 (FC) and floormats, around $32,800. They had included in the invoice price TDA advertising, $240, dealer holdback, ~$600, and some other thing around $250 which the dealer told me was something they factory charges them for holding onto the car for more than 30 days, but they get it back if they move the car quickly, plus $265 for doc fees. I'm figuring this is about $1600 above invoice, but he says it's only about $1000 above because you have to include these other things in the invoice price. Should I be working from the actual invoice w/out these additional items? Holdback is what they get back anyway, so it's another $600 profit. Are doc fees generally negotiable?

Thanks
    Everything is negotiable, but even better is to focus on your out the door price and not get bogged down on the line items.

Know All the Costs Before Saying "Yes"

Steve, Host
    Okay....I got another quote from for a SF Bay Area dealer for a 2005 XLE AWD with GL ( Package 10 ) for $35207 ( not including Tax + License ).

Is that good or bad?
  • majordadmajordad Member Posts: 43
    Received a quote of $28500 for a 2004 AWD XLE with package No#4. This seems to be $1500 below invoice. Sounds like a good price. Does anyone know if toyota is offering dealers any type of incentives to sell the remaining '04s? I would really prefer a better option package but the price seems to good to pass on.
  • rorrrorr Member Posts: 3,630
    Holy smokes! Quoted $28.5k on an AWD XLE w/#4??? Invoice (including destination) is $30.4k. This seems too good to be true. Has this vehicle been previously titled? Is it a dealer demo with a couple 1000 miles or what?
  • xyz2004slcxyz2004slc Member Posts: 14
    Hey guys, I got a quote for an 05 Sienna XLE with Pkg. 8 for 36,500. Does this look too high for the Charlotte, NC area, especially since its a fairly small metro areaÉ
    I got an email quote from a dealer (Northern CA) on '05 Sienna FWD XLE with Package #8 & autodim rearview mirror: $34,561 plus sales tax, license plate fee & $45 doc, which is standard (or the max permitted by law) in Northern CA.
  • njdoughboynjdoughboy Member Posts: 4
    Pretty bad experience at Condit Toyota - walked out.

Great experience at Caldwell - Highly recommended

Ultimately bought from Rt 22 Toyota in Hillside.
    (Connections.)

$29K for 05 LE AWD with BJ package with mats, made the deal by phone and fax. Maybe with another week of talking to more dealers we could have paid less, but everyone kept saying this car is not routinely discounted. Dunno.

If I had to do it again I would just go right to Caldwell.
  • njdoughboynjdoughboy Member Posts: 4
    Just as a side note, we were about $1100 less than Edmunds TMV, seems the TMV is high and getting higher on this car.
  • casavallecasavalle Member Posts: 1
    I just bought this yesterday. It was MSRP at $36,053. I got it for $31.053. A newspaper advertisement, "one at this price".

Its got XLE package #17: 2nd and 3rd row sun shades, Driver and Front Passenger Heated seats, Driver and Front Side Bolster Air bags, all 3 row curtain shield airbags,

Auto Dimmer mirror
    Carpet floor mats, door sill protectors, cargo net and First Aid Kit.

and let me not forget - A REAR SPOILER!!!

What mini van would be complete without a spoiler??