Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedans

Comments

• das_jesterdas_jester Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at 99 E320 and while test driving it if I accellerate hard it will rev up to over 4K before shifting - this is 4th gear (not drive).

If I accellerate fast but not hard it shifts in the 3K range.

Is this normal for this car or should I have it checked out.

TIA

Kevin
  • wphillipsmdwphillipsmd Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I have a 1997 E 320 with 41,000 miles. Every tank of gas has been premium. Everything is great with the car. However, with gas prices going up, premium gas is getting to be pricy.
    Has anyone tried mid-grade or regular gas in an E320?
    What are the short term performance issues? Are there any long term damage concerns?
    Thanks,
    Wayne
  • bargamonbargamon Member Posts: 302
    In my opinion, the new 6 series bimmer is sweet, but but the rear quarter looks just like the previous generation model Honda Prelude hatchback.

Dl, Turbo diesels sell for a premium because of their long term durability and good MPG. Regarding the straight 6 or inline, I would go with newest model and certainly the new motor. Drew has mentioned previously that it has a design award as engine of the year by a rating service (wards????). Perhaps one of our faithful E-class brothers in arms could lend a little technical advice regarding the benefits of V-6 vs straight. I know BMW stays with the inline.

Deposit: Could be salesman gets paid from deposits and by getting additional money he gets a commision before delivery?? Of course if you cancel he has to give it back, but it is possiblehe did it independently. If he leaves his job soon perhaps a tell tail sign. Food for thought. I like the way you handled it and telling manager displeasure was good. Some sales people are jerks, and some are excellent. Biz is alittle tough at the MB. Good luck with the car!
  • haspelbeinhaspelbein Member Posts: 227
    The main difference (other than the dimensions of the engine) is that an I6 has inherently less vibrations than a comparable V6 configuration. This is normally countered by a balance shaft in the V6, and MB has done a very good job with it.

I personally own an E320 with the I6, but I know that the E320 V6 is also an excellent engine. MB is constantly pushing the 'low friction' concept with their engines, so there is a slight increase in HP and gas mileage with the V6.
  • drew_drew_ Member Posts: 3,382
    Funny, we're having the same discussion over in the M-class topic. Check out the following links. If you look in your owner's manual, you'll find that MB specfies that you have to use premium fuel with octane 91 or higher. This is not a recommendation, but a requirement. According to the owner's manual, if you really cannot find premium fuel, you may fill up the tank with regular or mid-grade gas, but you should go back to premium right after.

thor8 "Mercedes-Benz M-class" May 7, 2001 9:25pm

tarik "Mercedes-Benz M-class" May 8, 2001 5:15am

thor8 "Mercedes-Benz M-class" May 8, 2001 7:59am
    Yes, the MB 3.2L V6 SOHC engine has been on Wards' ten best engines list since 1997 when it came out. The benefits of the V6 over the previous I6 engine include improved emissions (especally a great reduction in cold start emissions), more horsepower and torque, a much flatter torque curve, and greater efficiency. It also requires less space than the Inline 6 engine, allowing for a lower hood. The I6 won't fit under the M-class' hood, for example. Because of BMW's continued use of the I6 design, this is also the reason why their vehicles still continue to have relativelylong and high hoods. The BMW X5 is about a couple of inches longer than the M-class, yet is is much smaller inside; much of the vehicle's length is taken up by the long engine bay, hence leaving less room for the cabin.

http://www.wardsauto.com/default.asp?action=be

http://www.wardsauto.com/default.asp?action=en#d

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
  • microrepairmicrorepair Member Posts: 508
    I couldn't help but think of a Pontiac when I look at the M6 from the A-pillar to the front bumper.. Right out of GM's Detroit studio.. (Grand AM ??)

Re: the 99 with a soft rear suspension. If the car is being sold by a Starmark dealer with the Starmark warranty you might point out that the rear struts might need replacing and see what they say.

Re: hi-test gas. I've used mid-grade gas quite frequently for over two years and have not noticed any problem with short or long term performance or reliability issues. I've got the I6 E320..
    This is from the M-class list...the author, Harold, has worked with MB engineers, and has written a book about the ML, so he knows his stuff. Personally, I wouldn't want to risk the longevity of the engine just to save a bit, nor would I want to second guess the MB engineers. That's why I always stick to octane 91...92 or 93 is unnecessary, so I skip that unless it is the same price. As my parents (long time MB customers) say, if you can't afford the premium gas for a Mercedes, then maybe you shouldn't be driving a Mercedes.

http://www.escribe.com/automotive/european/mbmc/m9038.html

http://www.escribe.com/automotive/european/mbmc/m3116.html (Typo in this message, it should be 91, not 92)
  • webracingwebracing Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

After much discussion, my wife is ready to leasing her first Mercedes E320 sedan. Knowing the new bodystyle is coming out next year, as well as the current state of economy, what type of deal can she expect? I have heard many stories about dealers offering E-class below invoice in order to get people interested.

Here are the terms she is looking for.

1. $5,000 down.
    2. 15,000 miles / year.
    3. 48 month lease.
    4. Little or no options (Maybe just the COMAND system).

Since this is our first Mercedes, I will appreciate if anyone can offer us suggestions/recommendations.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff
  • timhtimh Member Posts: 5
    Hi all,
    I know this is the sedan board, but it does effect all e-class owners.

I just purchased a 2001 E320 wagon (4matic) and so far so good. One puzzler though -
    In the catalog (back pages - specificatons) it states that the remotes can be tied to the individual seat/mirror/steering presets. I read this, and did not mention it to the sales rep, as just about all your higher line vehicles provide this function (hell, even our low ball GMC Envoy has this). Well, after spending about an hour going through the owners manual (300+ pages - whew!) I could not find the procedure on how to program them. I contacted the local dealer and could not get a answer on how to program it. After waiting for over (2) weeks to get the dealer to figure it out, I contacted M-B directly. I was informed that it was a typo. OK, I thought, everybody makes typos (just read this) but the printed date for the catalog is 7/00. Has nobody else caught this? Am I the first person to bring this to M-B's attention? I think not. The funny thing about this is that most of the on-line auto review sites list this as a new for 2001 feature! Anybody else catch this?

Tim
  • mbdrivermbdriver Member Posts: 426
    For MB owners with COMAND -- I just discovered, after upgrading the wheels-tires on my '00 E320 to 17"-235/45R17, I had to enter the change into the COMAND "settings," including the fact that the tires were "new" (had more than 4mm or 3/8" of tread). Interesting!

Also, I had no trouble selling the OEM wheels-tires (less than 6000 miles) on eBay. And the upgrade dramatically improved the car's handling, stability, tracking and steering.
  • mark156mark156 Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi folks,

I just rode in a 2000 Mercedes E-class diesel 6 speed manual. I was driven from Bellagio Italy to Venice... a 3.5 hour drive. This car was the "classic" version. (clothe, basic options) In Europe, you can get the Classic, Elegance or the Avantgard. We reached speeds of 150 km on the expressway. I'll have to check to see have fast that was when I get back home. Happy Motoring, Mark
    2010 Land Rover LR4, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Bentley GTC, 1990 MB 500SL, 2001 MB S500, 2007 Lincoln TC, 1964 RR Silver Cloud III, 1995 MB E320 Cab., 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach

Don't miss the weekly MB Tuesdays chat at 6-7pm Pacific/9-10pm Eastern! All MB fans/enthusists/owners/potential owners are welcome to participate. Hope to see you there!

Click on the link below to enter the chat at the times above. Note that the link to the chat is always near the top of this page, just under the discussion topic title:

http://www.edmunds.com/chat/mercedeschat.html

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
  • livetodrivelivetodrive Member Posts: 104
    This issue came up on this board several months ago with the same conclusion - the remote key fob will not control the individual presets. Having read recent C-class posts, it's just as well. They have had an awful time with the keys on the new C-classes - can't unlock the doors, start the car, adjust seats, etc. DC should take the Jeep system and integrate in the Mercedes, my Jeep Grand Cherokee's remote control system works fine!
    Anyway, if you find a way to get your key to control the presets, please let us know!
  • dunninladunninla Member Posts: 33
    I had the Eibach Pro-Kit springs installed today, and I am happy to report that this accomplished both of my objectives: reduce sway on cornering, and reduce the space between tires and bottom of the fender. And the great thing is it did not make the ride harsher as I thought it might....the change from 16" to 17" wheels had a much bigger affect on the plushness of the ride. Honestly I don't think the ride is harsher at all than from before the Eibachs. The steering response is much quicker, since the new springs react faster to steering input.

I suspect I have 90% of the handling the E55 has now, with much less harshness. Its a nice compromise to go with 17" wheels and Eibach springs.

As it turns out, the gap between tire and the bottom of the fender was reduced from 2.375 inches to 1.5" in the front, and from 2.875 inches to 1.375 inches in the back. I was also told my car came from the factory with pad #2 installed, that is #2 out of the 5 possible pad sizes.

Overall, I can report no downside to the installation of these springs. I was told by Globe Motorsport that they have installed almost 5,000 pairs of these springs on E-class, with less than a .05% complaint factor. They also said they could have installed H&R springs, and that the H&R lowers the car further, giving an even more aggressive look. I however like the "conservatively aggressive" look I got from the Eibachs.
  • dl7265dl7265 Member Posts: 1,381
    I missed tonights chat waaa lol , thanks for the informative post re the I6 vs V6. Since I own a BMW now i know the wonderfullness of the I6 there must be none smoother. Not being that familur with MB i needed some pointers. I had actually heard that the reasons also for V6 was increased safety, you know all salesmen must go to the same training program, " this car has crumple zone and the engine is designed to "drop down" in case of an accident, bla bla bla.

I can say investigating accidents that ive never seen a engine "drop down " and honestly the crash test of running a car 40mph into a wall, arent to likely to happen on the road. The most likley synario is to be have a side impact IE red light runners.... and with todays soccer moms driving 6000lb Excursions with a bumper match at your head , talking on cell phone's we are all in trouble......

okay, yall talked me into looking at the 98 and up V6 :)

DL
  • jdsu1437jdsu1437 Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know what is the current money factor (interest rates) for leasing the 2001 E320 (3-year, 12,000 miles/year)? Thanks.

Allen
    You could perhaps let us know what the cost for the springs and installation was. Thanks....
  • mercz97mercz97 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Folks,

Just upgraded my wheels on my 97 E320. Went with 18X8 OZ Racing Opera Modular Rims in the front with Michelin Pilot Sport 235/40-18 and 18X9 rear with 275/35-18. One word "Awesome".
    Bergamon, cost was $550 including tax,installation, and new alignment work. If you are not in L.A., you can buy the springs at Tirerack.com, and they say on their website that they can refer you to an installation location.

By the way, the sway in cornering was reduced at least 50%. To get the rest of the way, I would need to install anti-sway bars--about the same cost installed as the springs. But I don't think I will take that step any time soon. If you want more performance, you should also consider the anti-sway bars.
  • kcsuprattkcsupratt Member Posts: 23
    Good post. Now i think you convinced me to do the upgrade. Did you buy the Eibachs at Tirerack or did you buy them from the shop ?

Any plans to upgrade the brakes ? That is my other thing i would like to do.

Thanks
    Thanks for upgrade. Nice thing about upgrade you can have it done without spouse freaking out. Doubt mine would comment on an upgrade. I don't have all season tires and live on the fringe of a four season climate. We don't get much snow, but we do get some ice. I'll have to address that first, but yah never know.

Mobil one: With 5k on car I am getting mobil one and tire rotated next week. Dealer service said mobil one already in car. I got car in november and not sure of build date, but I recall that only recently did they start to outright recommend. I questioned him in a friendly manner and he was very nice about putting doubt in his mind and would check. I reffered to our little support group here.
  • cmayercmayer Member Posts: 38
    Mercz97 - I was leaning hard toward those wheels as well, but went with the AMG 203s when the modulars weren't available thru TireRack last fall.

Big and staggered, I'll bet they really look mean.
  • mbpincmbpinc Member Posts: 3
    I've read the posts here, about the radio reception, and the dealers' response to the problem - not much they can do about it, after all. I'm hesitant to change the stock interior. But the reception, and sound quality through the radio, and Mercedes DC changer, is just not good enough. Obviously, I can remove, and replace the head unit later, if necessary for a return to stock. I have a 1999 E-320 Wagon. I listen to all types of music. What solutions have other owners tried?
  • yahoo2yahoo2 Member Posts: 28
    How much of a difference would the anti sway bars make? Would you need to install front and rear? What kind, since I already have the H&R coils on my car.

Thanks for response
    I also listen to all types of music but not very loud. I was relatively happy with my sound system but was dissapointed with lows. I had a few mods done for better sound control.

added a signal booster
    rewired existing speakers as mid and hi range
    added a 8" sub-woofer with a level control
    added separate amps for mid, low, hi
    added a defeat button for sub

to get better sound in future will upgrade all factory speakers.
  • mercz97mercz97 Member Posts: 5
    CMAYER-These wheels look awesome with the Michelin Pilot Sports. I saw a CLK 430 in European Magazine and I was hooked. I was also leaning towards AMG wheels, but there are too many cars out there with AMG's. Just wanted a different look. Did you have to lower your car after you put those wheels on it? I tend to lower mine about an inch to get the meaner look. I have only had them on for 2 days and have gotten alot of compliments. BTW Tirerack was too expensive for these wheels, I found a dealer in Arizona and got them for $1900.00 for the full set. Not bad for wheels that not many dealers have in stock.
  • ab20ab20 Member Posts: 5
    What car do you have? E320/E420/E430
    I take it you kept your same pads (#2 all around)or did you have to change them to this.
    I want to put eibachs on my 1997 E420 which comes with #4 pads in front and #1 pads in back. I would like to drop my car by about the same amount you did.
  • mbpincmbpinc Member Posts: 3
    Seems like the improvements you made should have improved the stock system a great deal. Did you have the Bose optional speakers? Sedan or wagon? How much did the signal booster improve the reception - enough to make you satisfied with the factory radio? If so, I'm sure I'm not the only one here who might benefit from knowing the product names of the equipment you added. The sound system is the only complaint I have about the car; otherwise, it seems better than any wagon I've ever driven.
    Yes I have the Bose system. I have the sedan. Radio reception was never a real issue. Booster was more preventative after reading forum postings. I'm using a Fosgate sub and everthing else is Alpine (amps, crossovers, sys eq, etc). All was rewired with Monster cable. Later when I change bose speakers I also plan on adding effect speakers that go mounted around the four corners on cieling/headliner. They're about 3" and makes the cabin sound much bigger (not DD or DTS).
    Sound systems are personal choice and wheather or not to upgrade depends on how important it is, demographics, and where you want to put money. In my youth, it was important to have the hot set up and blast it with the windows open. Now with subwoofer you can feel cars blasting a quarter mile away! I installed my CD player about 30 days after geting the car. I was not satisfied with the radio as I was with the tape and then the cd player. The cd player is much better than the radio. I think this is true with many radios despite the brand. When test driving different brands, I always bring a cd because the radios generally suck. To brake your question down, 1. do you have a cd player, and 2. is it reception you are displeased with, or is it quality? Also your radio has different bass and treble control settings between radio-cd-tape. So depending on your presets for each could depend on sound.
    There are so many Benzes in the Philadelphia area that they're called Main Line taxis - a reference to an older, affluent suburban area.

Very few have anything other than standard wheels. Unfortunately, some peoples taste is gaudy, chromed, "drug lord" ones. I guess they go best with tinted windows and gold badges.

My '98 E00 had factory 430 wheels (16") on it when I bought it, but they weren't part of my deal. They were replaced with new, stock wheels and tires from a '99. Having had the others for a month or so, stock ones were always a compromise. MB modified the stock style a bit the following year.

I always liked the OZ 2pc operas and several of the other tuner wheels. I wanted to stay away from the 1pc operas and the other 430-type ones. They're good looking, to be sure, but I wanted something distinctive. That ruled out the factory sport styles and the CLK style.

The tuner wheels costs mount quickly when you start at $500 + rubber for each corner. I went with the slimmer spoked look of the AMG 203 wheels, upgrading to 17".

Weather and my driving pattern favored all season rubber and the nasty condition of our roads makes me cautious enough about bottoming without dealing with a lowered chassis.

I have a couple of photos that I'll scan. Once that's done, I'll ask how to paste them into a post here.
  • chloe6chloe6 Member Posts: 38
    Hi everyone!

I just put a deposit down on a 1997 E420 with the Sport Package, and before I pay in full, I thought I'd better post a message to the board asking for opinions on this car.

I really like the way the car looks and drives, but my only info is from a test drive. I'd appreciate the opinions of any 420 owners out there. Are you happy with the car? Has it been reliable? If you had a choice between the '97 E420 and a slightly never E320, which would you choose?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but the price I'm paying for the 420 isn't a great bargain (not overpriced, but not a tremendous deal either) and I'm a little nervous buying it without hearing from some current owners first.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!!!

Have a great weekend! (I'll be spending mine worrying about whether I've made the right choice... I'm so pathetic!)

Regards,
    Chloe
    See, I have you owning it already.

Other than the early convertables (wow, are they sweet!) the 420/430 Sport models are the most distinctive in the E class. (Yeah, there are diesels and 4matics, but they look like any other E sedan.) I've posted before that I think the E's are the perfect sedan.

Your car (there I go again) has the wheels, ground effects and the other goodies of the sport package with the bigger engine. You'll pay more for fuel and maintenance with an 8, but if that detail is significant you probably should be looking at a different marque.

I can't comment about 8 vs. 6 from experience as I'm a turbodiesel guy, but I think you've made the right choice.

Enjoy your weekend - I'm sure you'll really enjoy your automobile.
  • doublecondoublecon Member Posts: 6
    Just got my E320 4Matic 2001. What a great car!

I would like to get the MB extended warranty but my dealer refused give any discounts. Does anyone know where I can get the extended warranty at a discount? I live in SF Bay Area but does it matter where I purchase the warranty? I was told that some dealerships sell non-MB warranty. Is that a good option?

Thanks in advance for all of your inputs.
  • mbdrivermbdriver Member Posts: 426
    Contact Lisa Lehrbaum, Finance Manager at Courtesy Motors Auto Center (Mercedes-Benz), Chico, CA, at 1-800-655-3535 or 530-345-9444. Lisa sells both the Mercedes Care Premium and Basic warranties with a huge discount. I bought the Premium warranty in March for my '00 E320 for $1680.00 ($2550 from my own dealer, who refused to offer a discount). If memory serves, the price for a 4-matic is $1780, although MB may have instituted a price increase. I'd stay away from the non-Mercedes warranties

Good luck, and let us know how you made out.
    MBPINC
    I have the factory Bose radio w/cd changer and a MD. The quality of the radio reception was/is fine. I listen mostly to CD and MD. I don't remember the last time I listened to the tape player. On the radio I listen mostly to talk radio and some music. Like I said, I don't listen to loud music on a regular basis but I do on occasion. It's disturbing listening to something at a low level and not getting the full range. The mods I made are for quality of sound not for loudness.
    How much of a difference would the anti sway bars make? What kind, AMG, Brabus, Lorinser, since I already have the H&R coils on my car. Cost? Location in West LA area?

Thanks
  • dman12dman12 Member Posts: 9
    Listen to mbdriver. I also got my warranty from Lisa at Courtesy, and she's incredibly easy to work with. All you have to do is give her a fax number, fill out one page of paperwork, and give her a credit card number.

I definitely wouldn't risk buying a non-MB warranty. You might pay less for one, but remember Murphy's law - the one thing a non-MB warranty won't cover will be the first thing to fail on your car.

Good luck.
  • mac2002mac2002 Member Posts: 17
    Just looking this morning at the fotos that Nabzy took at the AMG factory, his post on Feb 26, 2001. I was interested to see these, as I just returned earlier this week from my European Delivery trip - got a 2001 E55. Spent 7 nights there, but incredibly, did not make it the factory tour, or the musueum in Unterturkheim. Will have to go back and see these places - driving a rental car next time!

Where is the AMG plant? How do you arrange a tour? I was surprised to see the various AMG models on the roads there - the E55 Wagon (see fotos), also a E50AMG sedan.

I expect to receive my car in a month I suppose. I understand that I only have a year to buy the MB warranty. Is this right? This extends the manufacturers warranty 4 years/50,000 miles?

The dealer will install the CD changer (I bought it before leaving for Germany). Just curious if anyone has done the European delivery, then returned with the CD changer, and had the dealer charge for the installation?

I will be Zainoing the exterior (the dealer has promised me he will NOT have their prep people put any wax on after they wash it. But as for the perforated leather seats - how does one go about treating these? I have been using the Lexol products on my other car - First the Leather cleaner, rinse with damp cloth, then follow up with the Lexol Leather Conditioner. It works pretty well, and is inexpensive. But, these are leather seats that are not perforated, and wondering if there would be a different cleaning technique.

Sorry for such a long post!
  • kcsuprattkcsupratt Member Posts: 23
    I was wondering what does everyone use to clean their cars. What I am looking for is towels and drying. Can anyone tell me what good towels and drying items that use and where to get them ?
    I was thinking ordering some stuff from www.griotsgarage.com. The Wash mitten and the Chamois. The prices are not cheap but before I order them I want to know the best out there and the best prices.

Thanks
  • jas3jas3 Member Posts: 2
    Am pleased that European Delivery is available for the E-55. Any special arrangements required for this vehicle? How was the trip and accommodations?
  • markobodormarkobodor Member Posts: 17
    I would like to know if anyone has the Parktronic system on their car with the reading lights in the back. I would like to have the reading lights and possibly parktronic - I have a long narrow driveway to back out of - and would like to know two things: 1) are the reading lights installed in the center (where the dome light is located) or on the sides of the ceiling? 2) Would the parktronic be useful on a narrow driveway?
  • livetodrivelivetodrive Member Posts: 104
    The rear reading lights and the rear Parktronic display are integrated into one unit in the center rear of the roof by the rear window. The Parktronic has sensors on the sides as well as front and rear, so it should be useful on a narrow driveway.
  • svinaiksvinaik Member Posts: 84
    Recently noticed a constant humming noise in the rear of my 4Matic Wagon. Sort of like the computer fan noise. Took it to the dealer and he diagnosed that perhaps Fuel filter is causing it and replaced that but the noise is still there though a wee bit reduced.

Anyone with similar experience and solutions.
    Thanks
  • mac2002mac2002 Member Posts: 17
    I was first told by my local dealer that it would not be possible to do the factory del for this car. So, spoke with a friend who did euro del with a E430, who suggested going to the dealer where he ordered his - he was pretty sure that this salesman would arrange one for me. Drove 5 hours to get there, and spoke with this man, told me he could do it. Hopefully some dealers on this board can give the exact reason, but I understand there are 4 models (including E55) that aren't available for E.D.

Left a deposit on that early November day. Called up the dealership where I live on the following day. I spoke with the first salesman who told me that he would not be able to get the E55 Euro Del, and explained that I had found another dealer who could. Since I had initially given him a deposit for stateside delivery, he was interested in keeping my business, perhaps. He called me back 2 hours later, and said he spoke with his boss, and told me they would be able to do Euro delivery for me. I appreciated his trouble, but explained my commitment to the out of town dealer, so he credited my Visa card for my deposit.

My dealer said that my delivery position was initially held by someone from Mercedes in North America. Can't confirm this. I am very interested to know what your experience has been, and whether you have already or are thinking of ordering one for yourself.

I won't be back to read this board for a week.

Mac
  • albellalbell Member Posts: 185
    Where in the rear? Have you checked the roof rack? With the bars attached, it makes a humming, whirling noise that I found bothersome, so I removed them, since I don't use them.
    Yahoo2: I think a conversation with either www.Globemotorspors.com, or tirerack.com, will give you a good feeling for how much additional improvement the sway bars will provide. Globe is at the cornr of the 10 and La Cienega--not too far from you. As I say, I stopped short of the bars, so I cannot comment. I found the +1 wheel/tire upgrage had the most profound change, and the springs has some benefit but not less so than the tires. The aggressive look with the new springs is fantastic. Speaking of tires, I seem to be the only one talking about the Dunlop SP8000 tires, but at $128.00 each, they have to be the most sticky, responsive tires out there under $160.00. Do a side-side comparison on Tirerack.com of tests, and you will see that on dry pavement, the 8000's outscore the newer and quieter 9000's.

Also, the issue of dampers was discussed. Globe was of the opinion that since I have new shocks on my E320, it was not necessary to swap these out. Good luck.
  • fourizonlyfourizonly Member Posts: 17
    I have seen it on the web, but forgot which website. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.