Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cashoppercashopper Member Posts: 10
    hi str, where did you purchase your LE? i'm interested in similar, an LE with sunroof and leather (which it sounds like you got). did the dealer add those in, or was it part of the package? also, was the 27.7 price you mentioned before or after tax and destination charge? thanks!
    hi str, me again. i'd love to know where you got your dealer quotes from for these vehicles, so i can contact them! thanks.
  • strstr Member Posts: 64
    Hey cashopper,
    This price includes everything but taxes. I am still working on the dealer about including the ttl (van hasn't come in yet), he is great, the whole group of guys we worked with are wonderful and extremely accommodating. The dealership is located in Altus Oklahoma the name is Putnam Toyota. Also, these guys are very patient, I've been working with them on and off about the XLE thing since June and they have done everything I have asked them to do research wise and they explored every option during my van search in order to get me the best package with the lowest price. I know for a fact they quoted me some really fair prices because I was also receiving email quotes from 6 other dealers at the same time and they were the best.

The sunroof and wood dash are being added after they get the van but they send it to a professional to get this done so it takes a little longer to get the vehicle.

You cannot order an LE from the factory with wood or sunroof, and I am pretty sure leather either but you might want to check on that one to make sure.

I told the dealer the features I was looking for and the price range I wanted to stay within and he found the right one within one day. We had only considered the XLE because of leather, wood and sunroof but with all of the features we wanted the package was 36,000. One dealer quoted me 30,900 with the July rebate but it was still 3,000 more than the LE Putnam found for me.

If you contact Putnam tell them Summer sent you. They may run screaming since I have been hounding them for the past three months, you never know! :P
    Just kidding we have actually had a very pleasurable experience with these guys.

Let me know what you find, good luck,
    Summer
  • msabatini2001msabatini2001 Member Posts: 4
    OK, I got a call from the dealer. This is the final price. Does it look good?

LE7 + pkg#1 $23405
    nj tax $1404.30
    lic+reg $322
    nj tire fee $7.50
    doc fee $95 <<< he actually removed this from base price, orig was $23500
    total $25233.80
    minus rebate $1000
    out the door price $24233.80

He wants me to pick it up today. Should I go for it?
    Also, how much can I put on a credit card?
    Thanks
    Mark Sabatini
  • lovesiennalovesienna Member Posts: 13
    I think this price is hot. What is the millege on the car? I perfer to get an exact same model with less than 10 miles. What color? I think silver and desert sand gold go fast. What is the store's name?
  • bergenbergen Member Posts: 7
    last month I bought a LE7+package#7 for about 26012+tax-rebate in NJ. Was 200$ below invoice after rebate. My 4 year registration+title was 340. It seems like you got a better deal.

they also told me to pick up that day, but I went there next week. It was all waiting for me. this is just a cheap trick I guess.
  • samuraigolfsamuraigolf Member Posts: 4
    Got LE 7 Option #4 with floor mats and door sills for $22,711. Very happy.
    thanks, summer. i looked back in your posting, and am now a little confused about the actual pricing, given your "corrections" post, so could you please give me a quick reminder for both the ody xle and sienna le with leather/sunroof aftermarket. thanks!!
    $22711 with Package #4?? Are you kidding? details please.......
    Bought it on Aug-07 from Claremont Toyota, SoCal. The salesman was excellent and no nonsense. I can provide his name off-line.

Nobody in NoCal can match it. Ron Goode in Alameda was the worst dealership - no honesty nor integrity at all. Beware.
    I know, this whole process was very confusing to me. I had emailed lots of dealers both Honda and Sienna and they bombarded me with price quotes and the problem was some of the Honda quotes were not actually for the van I had requested. That is what I think you are reading about. The 25,500 ended up not being an EX-L but an EX without leather or the extras which they just threw in in case I was interested. However, I received a quote on a pre-owned EX-L with 19,000 miles on it from the Hudiburg dealership in Oklahoma City and the price was 26,000.00. I have lots of other quotes from Honda dealers, which quote were you interested in? What post was it from?

The Sienna LE 7 I just bought ended up being 27,749.00 I may be off a few dollars there but not by much and that is before taxes and after rebate and includes all other charges.

I deleted all of my email quotes from other dealers when we bought this van so I am just trying to do this from memory. Let me look back at my posts and see what you are reading.
    By the way, it was silver w/ just 2 miles on it.
    Ok, the post #5820 is the van we bought that's before we made the deal, we ended up getting it for 27,749 (close to, don't have the paper in front of me, whatever I told Ian or irg on post #5828) after rebate, before taxes (they were around 1,045.00.) Putnam Toyota Altus.

Post # 5794 Sienna XLE pkg #6 MSRP 34,795 price quote 30,954 was from Northcutt Toyota in Enid Oklahoma.

Post # 5798 2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 27,232 was from Steve Baily Honda in Oklahoma City. They also quoted the EX for 25,500.

Pre-owned Honda Odyssey EX-L 19,000 miles silver with grey leather 26,000.00 was Hudiburg Midwest city Ok, or may be under Oklahoma City.

Any others that you want to know about just let me know, I'll do my best to get you the info!

By the way, I have some other LE with leather and XLE quotes if you are interested, some are pretty good. I actually printed a few off of my email to take with me to the dealer in case I needed them. I'll look them up if you want me to, the rest have been deleted.
  • msabatini2001msabatini2001 Member Posts: 4
    Went there last night. The guy added CF (floor mats, door sills).
    Drove it home for $24233.80. Blue with grey int, 18 miles.
    This is Freehold Toyota, Route 9, NJ.
    Glad that I could help.
  • appreciationappreciation Member Posts: 1
    Congrats on your purchase. I lived in So. Cal too and would like more info on your deal.
  • isunormalilisunormalil Member Posts: 1
    I have spoken to four different dealerships in my state of Illinois. I have talk to them about a Sienna CE and LE.

The lowest price quoted to me is 23, 900 including taxes and title transfer for the CE with package 1, and 24500 for LE with basic package and including taxes and title transfer.
    thanks, str, you are very helpful. yes, i would be interested in hearing more info about your le w/leather and xle quote details. also, do any of them include awd?
    Hi cashopper,
    I'm glad I can help, without this forum (and Ian) I would have been in big trouble when I went to buy my van. I just hope I can help you and others find a really good deal or at least a good deal with everything you are looking for included!

No, none of my quotes include awd I was just looking for the fwd.
    Here are a few of the quotes I had saved.
    By the way, I was just wondering, where you are located?

Riverside Toyota in Tulsa Oklahoma
    2005 XLE Arctic frost pearl, taupe interior
    package #3
    Extra mile package
    Park pilot
    Vehicle shield package
    MSRP 33,189
    Internet quote 30,059.75

Doenges Toyota I can't remember their exact location in Oklahoma but you can look them up on the internet.

05 LE MSRP 30,941 internet quote 28,587.75
    DVD pre-wire
    50 state emissions
    side signal mirror upgrade
    night vision outside mirrors
    extra mile aluminum wheel upgrade
    road hazard tire warranty
    night vision mirror upgrade
    LE package #3
    Vehicle Shield Package
    Leather interior upgrade
    Wood trim

Fiesta Toyota
    Don't remember their location in Oklahoma either.

LE MSRP 32,849.00
    internet quote 29,745.75
    White, taupe interior
    DVD pre-wire
    50 state emissions
    window tint running boards
    rear mudguards
    wood dash and door trim
    LE package #4
    Extra mile package B
    Vehicle shield package
    Leather interior upgrade

same place

XLE MSRP 36,563.00
    internet quote 32,931.75
    arctic frost pearl, taupe interior
    50 state emissions
    emergency assistance kit
    sunroof wind deflector
    rear spoiler
    night vision mirror upgrade
    package #4
    extra mile package A
    vehicle shield package
    leather interior upgrade

I'll keep looking through my papers for some of the other quotes, I just hope I still have them. What exactly, in detail, are you looking for? I can ask the dealer I am currently working with for a quote for you. Let me know.

Later,
    Summer
    I think you may have wanted to know about the prices of some things I had added to my LE so I have listed them below.

Leather interior upgrade: was already installed, 1,936.00

Rear spoiler 295.00 having added
    Wood dash / door 260.00 having added
    Sunroof 1,100 having added

Hopes this gives you an idea.
  • zaddickzaddick Member Posts: 3
    Hi All,

I have not posted in years, but wanted to help anyone in the San Francisco bay area looking for an XLE Limited.

I bought mine at Ron Goode in Alameda (support that home town tax base!) and got the XLE Limited in Phantom Gray with the DVD option package 1 as the ONLY option. I got it out the door (including T,T, &L) with the 7/75,00 warranty package from Toyota for just over 36,500.

MSRP for car was $37,760.
    Paid price was $32, 510.
    Invoice was 33, 500 ish.
    Extended warranty was $699 I think. (It was late in the day when I signed!)

Keep fighting for those low prices.

All the best,

Z
  • chchoichchoi Member Posts: 40
    I got LE + pgk1 (8seats) in N. Cal for 24033 MSRP is 26651.
    Is this a good deal?

Also I lease it for 3 yrs/36k. Down is 1500 with monthly 248. Interest is less than 200.
  • htallisonhtallison Member Posts: 1
    Question for you.... Did you also get the special Financing 1.9/2.9/3.9 at that price?
    Thanks
  • tshih67tshih67 Member Posts: 5
    Question for the group - It seems that most of the prices posted are going for below invoice. My estimate is $1000 to $2400 below invoice before the rebate. Does anybody have a sense of how that varies across the options. ie models with AWD and or Nav are not as heavily discounted??

I'm in the SF Bay Area so would appreciate any feedback from this area in particular as well as the name of good dealers.

Thanks
  • donnie2494donnie2494 Member Posts: 14
    I just bought a 2005 sienna with the bz package from Burdick toyota in N, Syracuse NY, Sticker was 28995 and I got it for 23000 after rebate and with my trade,( a 98 windstar with a 2500.00 trade in value.) 6000 off sticker after trading the windstar.
    What 6000 off sticker? you should not count the trade-in $2500. Because if I traded in my 2004 Ody, it would be at least $25,000 off the sticker. Does not make sense!
  • anntannt Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for getting a Sienna. the options I must have are : Nag system, AWD. I can live with or without the leather. The DVD, I've heard that it would be better to get it install after market to have a bigger screen versus the pre-installed from Toyota.
    Anyone have good advices or best bargain lately please share. I live in the Seattle area and I can tell you they are a bunch of rip off . Yikes..... last week, I looked at the XLE Ltd, AWD with DVD , no Nag, they told me the price was 43 K, invoice was 38,7K ... I demanded to see the invoice, they brought out a computer printed page, out of the 38, 7K , there was almost $2,600 charges for (destination, TDA, Dealer wholeback and hmmm wholesale financial service ) Yikes.... they have the nerve to tell me , they are here to make a profit and those charges...are necessary to keep their business going and to pay the commission! Darn......greed greed and greed! I would not fall for their lines. I would appreciate if anyone here can help me. Obviously, I am very serious in getting one but with my hard earned pennies, I must be extra careful.
    Thanks for reading my concern.

PS. Any suggestion, should I go with the 2005 or 2006? what would the price difference be?
    Thanks again.
    AnnT :mad: :P
  • siennasiennasiennasienna Member Posts: 5
    I think one of the issues about waiting for the 2006 is how long do you think you are going to keep your minivan. If you sell it in a few years, the extra money you could get for a 2006 over a 2005 may make up for the extra thousand or two you may need to spend now to get a 2006. I imagine the other difference is that you can drive a 2005 off the lot today (presuming you can find one in stock with the equipment you want) or you can order and wait a month or more for a 2006. I would work off of the Edmunds invoice price over whatever the dealer shows you, but the it will be easier to negotiate away the TDA, WFS, etc etc on a 2005.

-SiennaSienna
  • yonah_in_wpyonah_in_wp Member Posts: 3
    Hey, new to the forum here. I am looking to buy a Sienna LE in or around Westchester county, NY with Package #1 So far here are the prices that I have:

LE Package #1 -
    Invoice = $24,175
    Offer = $24,800
    from Toyota City in Mamaroneck

LE Package #1, Preferred Premium Accessory Package-
    Invoice $24,285
    Offer = $24,700
    from Westchester Toyota in Yonkers

The feeling I get is that the Yonkers dealership is a little more willing to negotiate than the guy in Mamaroneck. Does anyone have experiences positive or negative with either of these guys? Does anyone think that I can do better or know of another NY-area dealer to try?
  • momwkidsmomwkids Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to purchase a 2005 Sienna XLE Limited with the Navigation, DVD, and Backup Camera. The best deal I have found is $35,447 after $1000 rebate. I believe the MSRP for this van is $40,841. The salesman says this is his invoice price although I haven't seen the actual invoice.

Is this a good price or should I hold out for better? Are dealers going below invoice?

Any help would be appreciated. I'd like to get everything nailed down by phone before I go in because I will have all my kids in tow.

Thanks
  • eradicatoreradicator Member Posts: 4
    I have been given a quote of $24,300 for a LE package#5.....after rebate.....but not sure if I will wait for 2006 MY as I like the changes to the front end....really like it and don't like the LE w/o the fogs
  • bergenbergen Member Posts: 7
    I got my best deal at Rockland County at Paul Miller Toyota. Give them a call or request their internet price if you are interested.
  • acnacn Member Posts: 2
    I am also looking for an LE with package #1 I calculated the price as follows:
    Base invoice: $22436
    Pkg1 invoice: $ 648
    Mat & sill: $ 119
    Trailer hitch $ 315
    Destination $ 556
    Total: $ 24083
    Now the 2% Holdback on Base invoive ($498) and the $1000 incentive.
    Total $ 22585 + Tax + DMV fees
    I also saw some where a $103 region fee - is this BS?
    Also I wondered about Dealer Cash. What is that? I saw that there was $400 on this vehicle.
    What is an acceptable price and where do I start?
    (This is my first post and I hope it's in the right spot, Thanks.)
    What kind of price did you get? What model with what package?

yonah_in_wp (Aug 16, 2005 11:56 am) said:

"I got my best deal at Rockland County at Paul Miller Toyota. Give them a call or request their internet price if you are interested. "
  • catoniscatonis Member Posts: 10
    Hi-

I am looking for a CE (to save money over an LE).
    I have been offered 21,600 after rebate with package 1 (Cruise, etc.)
    Tax and tags would be added to 21.6K

1. Does this sound like a good price?
    2. How much more do you think an LE would be?
    3. How much more do you think a 2006 CE would be?

Thanks
    If you are interested in knowing what the 2006 model Sienna's prices will be check out this web site www.theautochannel.com, it has all of the changes for the 2006 Siennas along with their expected prices.

The 2006 base CE Sienna is expected to start out at 23,625 that is $200 more than the 2005's. I do know that the side curtain air bags are going to come standard on all 06 models and that the CE and LE are getting a silver dash trim instead of the black. There are some other minor changes so check out the site above for more info.

The 2006 base LE is expected to start out at 25,130 it is also $200 higher than the 2005's.

What package on the LE are you looking for? What features do you want?
    I don't know much about the CE's because we only looked at the LE's and XLE's but I might be able to help you with one of those.
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    That price on the CE sounds good. May be able to get for $300-$400 less. Also, remember that CE's are generally pretty difficult to find.
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • acnacn Member Posts: 2
    Got the "bottom line" quote today and asked for a day to mull it over...

2005 LE 7 Pass - FWD Pkg #1 (AM) & mat/sill for $24,108 before tax, fees, & rebate (total cost with $1000 rebate and tax is $25,036). We saw their invoice with a $434 TDA (advertising) Fee included for a total of $24,208. Is it likely that they will remove the TDA? When we asked about it, they seemed pretty "insulted" as this was a fee that they "didn't have a choice but to pass on". Also, can we bring up dealer holdbacks as a negotiating tool? We thought they had a 2% holdback, but they told us Toyota doesn't have holdbacks.

Would it be worth it to wait until September when the '06's come out for a better deal on a 2005 or is this a good deal as is?
  • arcticfrostyarcticfrosty Member Posts: 1
    New poster here -- so first I should thank you all for the great postings that helped us with our buying experience. The short version is that we bought an xle option 6, premium color (arctic frost) = $30,750 + TTL in Northern California.

The longer version is that up until a few days ago, we thought we would get an Ody. Going back a month or so, it looked like a better deal when we compared the LE with the Ody without leather. We really wanted dual power sliding and vehicle stability control.

However, when we started writing local Honda dealers for prices they were close to MSRP and wouldn't budge -- even with Mr. Opportunity knocking away on my TV set. In fact, each time I saw that ad I got more miffed. I'm thinking, he doesn't seem to be knocking for me -- just those Pilot driving people.

So we wrote Toyota dealers for comparison&#146;s sake, and the XLE was suddenly much more competitive because of the year end clearance. Comparing the XLE with EX-L at a very similar price point, the Sienna seemed the better deal. Whereas the Ody was close to MSRP, the XLE was close to invoice. And a power-lift gate and lots of other goodies!

We did like the Odyssey, but mostly because of the handling -- hardly a crucial feature for a minivan. To us a van is great because it's a mini-luxury liner. We did notice a few minor flaws on the Honda we test drove &#150; like the super-duper dual glove compartment didn't fit together properly. We have two Toyota's with a total of 80k miles on them. No problems whatsoever -- nary ever a warning light. I kept looking at that glove compartment thinking this ain&#146;t a Toyota. Then the recall for the Ody happened…

As for our buying experience, many of the dealers which sent us internet quotes were pretty non-responsive via email to further inquiries regarding emailed quotes. We wanted an out-the-door price for a specific vehicle and we wanted to know everything about the deal, down to whether floormats were included. One dealer kept sending me form emails even after we wrote asking for details.

But, the dealer that was responsive to our return questions got our business.

In short, this forum and email gave us control over the buying process. There's something to be said for not negotiating the deal on their turf. In fact, you can keep them waiting! We never felt pressure -- never felt that we didn't understand what we were paying for, never felt that we were buying strictly on emotion. Thanks for all the help !!!!!!!
    ACN,

The final price I got was $24K even - LE, Pkg #1 and 'premium accessory package'. The dealer quoted me an invoice of '$24,285' and Carsdirect.com quoted the invoice of $24,331. Edmunds quoted an invoice of $23,649 without the accessory package which probably carries an invoice of about another $100 or so, and claimed that the average selling price in my area was $24,700. I took the financing instead of the $1000 cash back - 3.99 is better than the 6 or 7 percent that I would get on a regular loan.

Obviously, I think that $24K is a good deal, or I wouldn't be buying. My advice to you is go to 2 or 3 dealers and ask them for quotes. Also make sure that they give you a list of their fees as well - both the estimated DMV costs as well as any documentation fees they charge. I found one dealer in Jersey who, on the phone, was willing to give me about $400 below the dealer where I bought it, but had expensive dealer fees and in the end, I am paying $200 more than what the net difference would have been.

As for that $103 region fee - It sounds like you pulled that off of edmunds.com. That isn't so much a fee, as it is some sort of statistical average. i.e. in your area, people are paying $100 more on average than around the rest of the country - presumably because more of this model are selling there.

As for a starting point, say you have a buddy who just bought one for $24K even :)

Presumably, I think that you can probably get them down to at least $23,8 or 7.
    Artic frosty,

We can into our buying knowing we'd buy one or the other. A friend who bought an Odyssey EX in May/June was able to get it for a about $500 over invoice, but now that Odyssey is the hot hand, it has basically made the Sienna a better deal. We asked the Odyssey salesman why I should choose the Odyssey over any other van - his response was:'If you're considering a Toyota, there isn't much I can argue - their both very good, and they're both top rated. But if you said you were buying a Chrysler, Ford, or others, I'd life at you because they don't stack up'.

I also think that to a lesser extent, the lower end toyotas like CE/LE benefitted from the factory incentives on the American cars. While not many, I imagine that some people who were considering a lower end toyota would have jumped at a high end chrysler.
  • kcc1kcc1 Member Posts: 1
    I think it's very GOOD deal. Do you mind to list all the fees that you are paying?
    most people don't get the premium accessory package come with the price that
    you are paying.
    Thanks for sharing!! :)
  • daktuladaktula Member Posts: 2
    I just got back from the dealership. ended up paying $24,400 after the $750 manu. rebate (minus sales tax, T & T) for a '05 LE with the #5 package.
    Is that okay? just wondering ...new to the forum.
    I believe the dealer invoice for the vehicle w/the #5 package is $26051.
  • daktuladaktula Member Posts: 2
    Base price : $22436
    Freight: $565
    LE Package #5 : $2895
    Wheel locks : $59
    Carpeted mats: $196
    Total: $26151
    Discount(-$1001) = $25150
    Manu. rebate: (-$750) = $24400
  • stilllookingstilllooking Member Posts: 6
    I just bought a XLE package 7 with spoiler and auto dimmer from Fremont Toyota today. The OTD price was $35000. I think that is about $500 below invoice. How did I do? I hope I did not do too bad. Originally, I was going to get Odyssey EXL with NAV from Autowest Honda. I was quoted $31150 for EXL with RES before tax and licenses. I was hoping to bring the price down a little bit even though Livermore Honda quote me $30092 for the same model. Livermore is about one hour drive from Fremont. After I told the sales guy about Livermore Honda's quote, he was a little annoyed/upset and refused to let me test drive his van. :mad: I then told my wife to drive across the street and get a Sienna instead. I know I could have save some money by going with Honda, but I felt offended and could not stand the arrogance of this Honda saleman.
  • newcar12newcar12 Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone have a recent quote for a XLE #19 (HU & FE) to compare?

(Package #19 = Navigation + DVD.)

Quote: $33,800 (after $750 rebate).
    Where: Sunnyvale Toyota in the Bay Area.

That's nearly $5k below MSRP and $350 over invoice. It feels like a good deal. Like several recent posters, I was going for the Odyssey, but the current quotes are right at MSRP in the Bay Area.
  • dc_driverdc_driver Member Posts: 712
    Just got quoted 24,243 (price not including taxes, tags, and $100 dealer processing fee) for a Sienna LE with package #7.

This seems pretty good to me, and I am looking at the Nissan Quest as well (which is about 1K cheaper and has more features).

Thoughts?
  • catoniscatonis Member Posts: 10
    Hi--

I posted earlier.
    Today I paid $21, 537 for CE with package 1 and mats (in Western New York). This price includes the $1000 rebate, but not tax and tags.
    I traded in 2000 Chevy Venture for $4800. I visisted 3 dealers who had very close prices on trade and new. This dealer actually had vehicle in stock in color I wanted. Right before I signed, I phoned salesman at other dealer- he said "as much as I hate saying this- I can't beat that price- buy it there".
    dc_driver, where did you get that price....seems pretty good. You can email the info or post it here my address norspell at yahoo dot com

Thanks
  • dc_driverdc_driver Member Posts: 712
    www.darcars.com
    I got the price from an Internet quote and confirmed with a follow-up call. Confirmed that this was not a program vehicle as well :)

Looks like I am leaning towards the Quest due to the arrival of the 06's, and a 2K incentive. I can get a Quest for about $600-700 below invoice BEFORE incentives.. I am going to drive them back-to-back and decide..