Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• minivan_buyerminivan_buyer Member Posts: 5
    Has Toyota announced any consumer or dealer incentives on 2001 Sienna? Around here (Boston area), the advertised price of Sienna has dropped by about $700

Are there any recent value package savings announced?
  • ntbntb Member Posts: 1
    I just talked with a sales guy that said the 2001
    Sienna's can't be ordered anymore ( I want side
    air bags and don't mind waiting.)
    He said the factory has started changing over
    for the 2002 and aren't still making 2001.
    Also he said he just happens to have almost
    what I want on his lot for a deal.
    Has anyone else been told this.
  • raybearraybear Member Posts: 1,795
    That's not unusual at this time of year.
  • thewolverinethewolverine Member Posts: 111
    Check out the posts late last summer and early fall on the Torque Converter problem and you'll see most of the Sienna's with that problem were made last summer. Yes, there is some changeover but 2001 to 2002 is not a major change - that's coming for 2003.

See the posts and the dates made and decide for youself if your being sold a bill of goods. If you're still unsure check with Cliffy - he's a straight arrow.

Of course just because they're making them doesn't mean they're still taking orders. Good Luck!
  • yufengtsuiyufengtsui Member Posts: 9
    I am just curious how the sales tax is handled when you buy from dealers outside your home state.
    For example, I live in CT. If I buy a car from NJ,
    do I have to pay NJ tax (6%) or CT tax(6.5%)? Do I write a check for the difference (.5%) to CT? Payable to whom?

Thanks.

--yufeng
  • old_guy_in_txold_guy_in_tx Member Posts: 12
    You pay tax in the state where the vehicle is being registered.
  • rward99rward99 Member Posts: 185
    You cannot order a 'custom' Sienna through your dealership, but they are still building the 2001 model. Your salesman/dealer should be able to check with other dealerships in their area for a model equipped pretty close to the way you want it.
  • melmoxmelmox Member Posts: 1
    2001 xle with tow package, bumper guard, and pwr sliding door for 26900 + tax. and 0% financing.
  • spiral1spiral1 Member Posts: 1
    XLE (hard to find silver with gray cloth) options XE, UF, toyo protection, rear bumber guard, sunroof deflector, cargo net, gold emblems, & 4 michelins for $28,554. + tax and tag. I get the car in 1 or 2 days!
    Connecticut sales tax is 6%.
    Richard and Ray,

Thanks for the reply. Does that mean if I buy from NJ the dealer won't charge me tax and I just need to pay CT tax when I register the car in CT DMV? I will definately get a LE within a week unfortunately I don't have much time to do the shopping (can only do on weekends so that leave me tommorrow). Any good deals in tri-state?

Thanks.
  • old_guy_in_txold_guy_in_tx Member Posts: 12
    The selling dealer should be able to handle the paperwork to register the car in your state...
    If you have to do it yourself ask him to waive his doc fee.
  • dragonfly18dragonfly18 Member Posts: 3
    It is my understanding that the time is fast approaching to get the best deals on the year-end models. Does anybody know what incentives Toyota is offering in the North East(Southern New Hampshire/Massachusetts)? I've been following everyone's words of wisdom (thank you, all) for a while and hope that someone might have good information.
  • sbpceapsbpceap Member Posts: 67
    So far as I've read, Toyota is offering rebates on Corolla & Camry but not yet on Sienna. DC vans have sweetened the pot with, if I remember correctly, a $2000 rebate on top of whatever you can negotiate.
    Here is what is being offered:

2001 LE with the following:
    FE,TO,BE,VD,UN,UR,EF,SK,WL

Saifin Blue Metalic

total 26036 + 175 for plates and 190 for doc fee + 6% CT tax.

The dealer is hudson toyota in NJ. I hope to pick it up this Friday. I am leaving the country
    on Saturday so I hope they can really deliver me the van as promised.

--yufeng
  • buckyomnbuckyomn Member Posts: 2
    I have used the internet to get 4 bids on an LE with option package 1(keyless remote,roof rack, etc) My best price was $23,800. Given that 2002 is just around the corner and there are some dealer incentives, any opinions about whether I should expect to do better on a price? Would you wait for 2002? thanks, dp
  • jinsongliujinsongliu Member Posts: 18
    Is there any consumer or dealer incentives on 2001 Sienna running in Philly. I got a quote, 400 over invoice and 1.9 APR for 60 month. Is it a good price? I have to buy a car this month.

Thanks

Jinsong
  • robigailrobigail Member Posts: 2
    Where did you get a 1.9% APR on a Sienna; I can only get 7.5% for 60 months. I'm being offered an XLE with dual power sliding doors, leather, side air bags and traction control (and other less necessary goodies) for $31,300 plus tax & tags. with the 7.5 APR, this is out of my league! Any better deals out there?
  • haydensdadhaydensdad Member Posts: 1
    I'm new to the board, and I'm sure this has been asked already, but what is in store for 2002 model, and does it include a hidden third seat. I'm buying if it is. Thanks
  • rward99rward99 Member Posts: 185
    No major changes planned for 2002. The next change will be 2003. Production will move to the truck plant in Indiana. The 2003 will start in Georgetown and switch over in January of 2003. An extended version will be offered, and someone else here in the forum has said that there will be the hidden third seat.
  • scsmith38scsmith38 Member Posts: 5
    When those changes happen then the price will go up and people will want them more and then it will take months to order one and then the price paid will be MSRP or more and you can't find one to test drive. Just like the Honda. Which is why some people bought a Sienna rather than a Honda.

Although those improvements will be nice to a lot of people. I like it the way it is (especially the size). We plan on buying one this year before the changes are made.
  • jelhz43njelhz43n Member Posts: 44
    Sienna LE with otions ( FE, TO, BE, VD, UN, UR, EF, GN, N1, SK) with on board video system from Audiovox, reverse sensing from Echo Master Total MSRP $31,597 got it for $28,200 from Brunswick Toyota, Route 1 , New Jersey. Hope it helps you in reaching at a number while negotiating.
    The salesperson (Ronny Saleh) while negotiation showed me the invoice price, msrp price and TMV at Edmunds.com !! (I had done my research at this site !) And they have a 5% (negotiable) + invoice price. May be after July you may get a better deal for MY2001.
  • rudeboyrudeboy Member Posts: 1
    Just ordered a 2001 XLE Stratosphere Mica LL,UF,ES in Austin, TX for $31,150.00+TTL

One thing I noticed on all of the lots here in Austin was that every Sienna on the lot came with Extra Mile Package Option C. DON'T FALL FOR THIS!!! There is a 35% markup and it's just a way for the dealer to stick you with pin striping, glass etching and roadside, hazard warranties. The other thing I noticed is that the Video Entertainment system has changed, The one I got has MSRP = $1399 and I was told that the other version (MSRP = $1795) was able to pick up TV reception. I really didn't care for the Towing package but as others have posted, I too was told that it comes with the Luxury package. There was a discrepancy between my calculated invoice price ($29,598) and what the dealer claimed was the actual invoice price ($30,298). I think I could have walked when they questioned the accuracy of my research, but as is the case of many, I was pretty wore down and though I've seen others that have gotten better deals, I could live with the price I got knowing that there were no other Admin fees, Ad fees or other hidden charges. I would recommend anyone that can wait 4-6 week to order from the factory. You get exactly what you want and don't have to settle for the package that is on the lot.
  • buckyomnbuckyomn Member Posts: 2
    Sienna LE with Extra Value Package #1 (keyless remote, carpet floor mats, etc). I also took the towing pakage. My cost, $23,960 plus tax, license documentation and title. I felt pretty good about it after using the various internet buying sites to line me up with 5 twin cities' based dealers who competed for the business. Good luck to all. dp
  • greg121greg121 Member Posts: 6
    Re a few of the above...I've never had such a hard time trying to give someone $24K plus.....local dealer tried to push loaded packages (see above re Extra Mile package)...all I want is an LE, Extra Value and Tow (by the by found out tow is common as its the only way you get rear AC), don't want an Upgrade, don't want Extra Mile, don't want running boards, don't want aluminum wheels etc etc......"build a Toyota" web site shows they're out there....dealer can't find them...they'll build me one but if I want to wait 6-8 weeks I might as well get a Honda....think I've found a responsive dealer who has located what I want but gee whiz it shouldn't be this tough.....from where I sit Gulf States distributors is really hurting Toyota / dealers....misleading web site info, high invoice prices........
  • inkyinky Member Posts: 370
    I also live in Gulf States region. I have 01 XLE with everything possible except the stab control.
    We are satisfied. I would mention towing package does give a tranny cooler--this may have dividends down the road. I did buy the rip off extra mile package at cost but even then the trinkets are way overpriced. Pin stripe , wheel locks, paint sealant, vin etching, sunroof wind deflector, rear bumper protector, running boards (which I like for style--otherwise useless). Lets see what else-tire road hazard warranty crap. Our entertainment system was a toyota system for $1,100 cost. The higher cost unit you mention is a factory installed one between the front seats (VCR). OUr VCR is located under driver side passenger seat. For real young kids the center console one is better. Ours are 9 and can change the videos themselves while driving.
    I admit this thing really pacifies them. Both my kids have trouble with the wireless ear phones in that they have a battery saver mechanism that turns off unit when supposedly not on the ears with a little click switch. Switch is sentive and my wife is constantly fiddling with them to allow kids to hear. We have gone as far as putting rubber bands on them to hold them on the ON postition.
    INKY
  • catcher09catcher09 Member Posts: 7
    Purchased a 2001 Sienna LE for $25,000 (excluding tax, license and registration fee) in New York City area with the following options:
    UN-Extra Value Pkg.,
    TO-Towing Pkg.,
    BE-Front Side Impact Air bag,
    EF-Bumper Protector,
    GN-Cargo Net and
    Checkmate Model 100SPC Remote Control Passive Alarm System (Dealer installed).

Do you think I got a good price for this Sienna?

Does anyone know about the Checkmate Alarm System? and How good are they? and Where I can get more information on it?
    Thanks for your reply.
  • katcrkatcr Member Posts: 1
    I paid 22,437.00 for a LE with the following options, FE, TO, BE UN,UR,EF,SK. MSRP was 29,437.00. Invoice is around 26,000.00.

Options:
    Tow package
    dual AC
    Side air bags
    Key less entry
    Roof rack
    Pwr outside heated mirrors
    cloth captain chairs
    floor and cargo mats
    JBL 3 in 1 stereo w/8 speakers
    diversity antenna
    Power passenger slide door
    P215/65R15 Alloy wheels
    Full size spare
    Rear bumper protector
    Center console box

They had two more at the dealership at these low prices. They each were about 2k more or 24.4k but also included rear spoiler and entertainment system. This deal was in a mailer that showed 7k off MSRP. There were 4 with 7k off MSRP. I called figureing these would be stripped down models. Could not believe my eyes to see the offering price over 3k under invoice. I guess these cars are called "loss leaders".
  • sbpceapsbpceap Member Posts: 67
    Katcr, post 633, nice going! Sounds like a great deal! Catcher09, post 632, I guess that answers your question. A fair deal, but certainly not a great one. My impression from all the very helpful posts here is that invoice, or a couple of hundred above, is the going rate. I notice that few posts mention getting the Vehicle Skid Control. I think that would be an important option. Is that very hard to find?
  • karieokarieo Member Posts: 10
    The sales manager at my nearby dealership said the VSC is mostly for wild drivers who might lose control of the car switching lanes suddenly, whipping around, etc. He doesn't recommend it for sane people. :) That's one man's opinion, and I'm following that.
    I've noticed that the RS3000 security system comes with the C9 convenience package. Does anyone know what's the diff. between the RS3000 and the RS3200 that's another option? We are really close to buying and will probably walk in and ask for an under invoice price in July. Getting an LE with UN, TO, RB (I'm short and we have a preschooler), and maybe the C9 package. I've also heard that it's worthwhile to get the 215/65R15 tires due to problems with the ones that come with the LE.
  • drew_drew_ Member Posts: 3,382
    The sales manager said that probably only because the VSC-equipped Siennas aren't readily available in some regions and he wanted you to buy a vehicle right away. Stability control benefits all drivers alike, especially in regions with a fair amount of precipitation. However, it can also be beneficial in emergency maneuvers on bone dry surfaces. It's just that since there is more friction on a dry surface, the limits of the vehicle and tires won't be reached/exceeded as early.

You may be very interested in watching this video clip:

http://www.theautochannel.com/media/netshow/misc/esp-consumer-video.asx

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
    Yep, I just got a 2001 LE with UN and TO for invoice.....
    Drew, thanks for the correction. Good to get another perspective. FYI, I couldn't open the video, for who knows what reason. Anyway, I appreciate your comments.
  • catcher09catcher09 Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone know what grade of unleaded gasoline should be used for the 2001 Sienna?

87 Octane(Regular), 89 Octane(Plus) or
    92 Octane (Super or Ultimate).
    The owner's manual for the one we just got says 87 BUT if you want better performance or it knocks use high test.
  • tpmcolotpmcolo Member Posts: 4
    Have appreciated the many postings that I have seen here - they have been helpful to me in my purchase of a Sienna XLE. Although I have not been able to find as good of deals locally as many post here, I wanted to pass along what I did get. I ordered the following vehicle in late March and received it in late May in Denver:

2001 Toyota Sienna XLE
    LL - luxury package
    BE - side airbags
    HD - heated seats
    UF - tow package
    VD - skid control
    SD - sunroof wind deflector
    RB - running boards
    EF - rear bumper protector

Final price was $30,700 (actually $30,800 with $100 in gas coupons given). Invoice showed $29,999 but I could not get close to that, having tried with 10 different area dealers over the internet. All but two dropped out of bidding at $30,900. (Was able to find deals that were $500 better out of region and seriously considered that route but figured it was not worth the headaches/risks of trying to buy far away).

Best I thought I had found was an agreement for $30,500 from the dealer in Cheyenne, but when I went there to close the deal they balked. I had even had a buyers order sent to me in advance to confirm that all was in line. When I arrived, they brought in a sales manager who started adding costs from scratch and they found they needed to add $600. Explained that Toyota did not provide a good software program to add costs and their manual math led to mistakes (there were two sales managers I met with and each said the other had made the error). Since I had driven an hour to get there and it was their mistake, they were willing to make it only $400 over what they had promised. I left and will never do business with Spradley Toyota.

Very happy to be done with the purchase (we started last fall) and the Sienna has been great for the month we have had it. We are pleased with the decision to buy this van. Also, in the end even though I felt the price was still pretty high, it was good working with the staff at John Elway Toyota in Denver.
  • chloe6chloe6 Member Posts: 38
    Hi!

I'm trying to decide whether to buy an LE model Sienna or an XLE. My first thought was to go with the XLE, but the LE is lower-priced. HELP! Are the extra features on the XLE worth the extra money (or can they be ordered as options on the LE?)

I definitely want a leather interior, heated seats, side airbags, stability control, the center console box, running boards, and the video entertainment system.

Any advice anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much for your help!

Regards,
    Chloe
  • chloe6chloe6 Member Posts: 38
    Hi!

I just posted the last message about trying to decide between the LE and the XLE models, and I forgot to ask if anyone can recommend a reputable dealer in New Jersey. I'm willing to travel anywhere in the state for a good deal and a friendly dealer!

Thanks again! Have a great weekend!

Chloe
  • toyotatoyota Member Posts: 3
    A dealer has a Sienna on the lot that has the options below:

2001 Sienna LE

Base Price --------------------------25755
    Freight -------------------------------480
    Tow Pkg -------------------------------160
    Z1 Pkg --------------------------------100
    Value Pkg -----------------------------302

MSRP --------------------------------26797

Invoice -----------------------------24366

The dealer is offering about 2% over invoice which is about $24,854. Is this a good deal?
  • devymumdevymum Member Posts: 4
    I looking for a good deal for two Sienna for my parents and myself. If anyone can recommend a dealer in Los Angeles/Orange County Area?So far I been offer $25,188
    Senna LE with FE,TO,BE,UN,UR and EF. I would like to get this car under $25,000 with tax and Lis. is it possible?
    Thanks
    If you want leather I'm pretty sure the XLE is the way to go.
    Siennas are in good supply in your area. I can think of a few dealers worth talking to. You're a bit behind invoice already, so going to $25,000 is a stretch but you can always ask.

I hope you meant to say $25,000 plus tax and license not $25,000 including tax and license.
  • jvelickjvelick Member Posts: 2
    The invoice price for the Sienna LE with those options is $25,057. I am from Orange County. Which LA/OC area dealership offered that Sienna for $25,188?

BTW, the area dealership with the largest Sienna inventory is Longo in El Monte.
  • jvelickjvelick Member Posts: 2
    I am also in the market for a Sienna LE with the same options on the van that "devymum" was given a quote for (TO BE UN UR EF). I will be buying around the 13th of July. I would really appreciate any other info about available prices for this Sienna LE in the Los Angeles/Orange County area. As I stated in the post above, the invoice price for this Sienna is $25,057.

Thanks for your help!
    You're forgetting the advertising fee from Toyota. Invoice is a tick higher than your estimate. My guess is $25,357.
  • toyjaytoyjay Member Posts: 1
    We've had our LE for over a month now, and love it so far. Have packages: UN, UR, EF. Paid $24,669. Did not pay the $250 advertising fee.
    Wow, that sounds pretty good to me. I've been looking at the Kelly Blue Book listings and have priced an LE at invoice for around $24,700 with UN, RB, EF, VS, TO. I'm still debating the need for stability control, which would add another $440 (invoice) to the tag.
  • hasmhasm Member Posts: 5
    Jinsongliu or others who know- What Phila area dealer gave you that quote? Thomson Toyota in Doylestown told me 3% over invoice on whatever in stock (some mumbling about advertising fee about which I will inform them to forget). Also, the incentive is 1.9% financing through Toyota but at 36 mos NOT 60 months.

Also, if anyone care to comment, I will consider the DC Gr. Caravan as an alternative- like the ride and comfort, although figuring the best price on it more difficult. Seems more van for money although depreciates quicker.