Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Civic 2005 and earlier

Comments

• blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Would you suggest the 2005 Honda Civic Sedan for a new driver/first car rather than the Civic coupe? Is the visibility that much better or different with the sedan?

I've already test drove a 2005 Civic Couple. And I'm not even sure I liked it. I didn't get to test drive it long, it started down pouring and it made me uncomfortable so I headed back after about 15 minutes. One thing that bothered me about it was it seemed kind of big compared to the Sedan. I like smallish cars but prefer 2 doors for some reason. Guess I need to test drive both again, but wanted some opinions first.

I am not putting you down in any way, but if yo just got your licence, get a used car for under $1000. Statistically, young/new drivers crash their cars more often than experienced drivers. After a few years of owning a "junk" car, you will have an idea what driving is all about. It is not simply "stomp and steer." You would not want to destroy your $15,000 purchase, would you?
    Hi,
    I have Honda Civic 92 EX. Recently, my stereo got stolen, and as a result, my dashboard lights stopped working, and my clock shows the same time (1:00) whenever I start my car.
    Can somebody please help?
    Thank you.

The thieves probably clipped the wiring harness and shorted out some wires. You would need to separate the wires out and insulate then, then replace appropariate fuses.
    Does any one know how much it cost to etch vin number on the window glasses?

Someone told me that local police staion do it for free.. any ideas?

Thanks..

$20 to buy a kit at most Auto parts stores like Auto Zone, PepBoys, Adavanced Auto, and some NAPA stores.

IF you ask me, it is a useless service. Once your car is stolen, you don't want it back, trust me on that. You don't want it found.
  • egorickegorick Member Posts: 2
    Can you, please help me to find out which fuses to replace? I checked all the interior fuses and engine. They all look fine.
    Thank you.
    Can you, please help me to find out which fuses to replace? I checked all the interior fuses and engine. They all look fine.
    Thank you.

Well, if you are local to me, I can help you. I am in Buffalo, NY area.
  • ebengotebengot Member Posts: 3
    I've had my car for more than a month now, and I've noticed that that fuel economy's not up to par with the average. I know that automatics generally use more fuel than manuals, but even so, I did check fueleconomy.gov, but it just confirmed the EPA ratings I got from edmunds.com--29-36 mpg--and that I'm missing out on 5-12 mpg on this car. I have the previous owner's maintenance records, so I know it's been taken care of before I got it. The receipts the seller had from the dealership said they did a 120,000-mile tune-up on the car just 4000 miles before I got it, and they replaced a whole lot of stuff (timing belt, water pump, PS pump belt, alternator belt, compressor belt, spark plugs, among other things). The car was taken for regular oil changes thereafter. I don't drive aggressively at all; I cruise at most 65 mph in highways and 45 mph on side streets. I've change the oil, the oil filter, the spark plugs and the O2 sensor. I've also put fuel system cleaner in there. It's not the high mileage, either; it's still 120,000 when I got it. I only use the A/C if I couldn't stand the heat anymore. I lived in AZ for a while, so the heat doesn't really bother me. If I do use it, it's not in full blast. Not the wheels, either--I checked them before buying, and they're still good. I also changed the two front tires to add a bit more traction (and the fact that they were getting separated kinda made me say uncle). I check the air pressure every time I go to get gas, so that's shouldn't be a problem. I do have a CAI in the works, so hopefully that'll make it consume less gas. Plus, I'll check the timing soon. What else can I do to restore the fuel economy to what it should be? I'm at my wits' end!
    Where do you buy your gas? Gasohols will give you lower MPG's than pure gas. Try Exxon Mobil and make sure they don't add ethanol in your area. Chevron is another good choice. You will know which ones have ethanol and which don't by looking at the price. Are you running recommended octane or high octane? High octane may harm your MPG's since your car was not designed to run on it.
  • ebengotebengot Member Posts: 3
    I'm running on 87 since that's what the manual said. I did check the gas station I was filling up at; no MTBE or ethanol was in their gas. I'll try filling up at Chevron to see if there's a difference.
  • gogiboygogiboy Member Posts: 732
    Adding to what blueidgod said, have you checked the fuel filter? It could be clogged although you would probably experience hesitation while driving. For me the biggest drain on fuel efficiency is the constant wind (in OK), particularly if one has to head in a southwest direction. I've got a 94 Civic EX that I bought new in 94. It still regularly gets 37mpg (40 with the wind behind me and no AC) on the interstate at 70-75 mph and 27-30 mpg in mixed driving depending on the time of year. Since the EX has a 1.6 cylinder engine and the DX a 1.5 I would think you should do marginally better than me. I run 87 octane, have a MT and my odometer just turned 116K. Can, or have, you contacted the previous owner to see what their mileage was?

Gogiboy
  • nash7nash7 Member Posts: 2
    I get about 22 miles per gallon with my 2005 Honda Civic EX in city driving, 25 (city and fwy), and 27 on the freeways. The EPA sticker on this vehicle at the time of purchase showed 31 (city MPG)) and 38 (highway MPG). This car's engine has already gone through its "break-in" period, so mileage is not expected to improve by driving more miles. I drive my Honda Civic under normal driving conditions and normal driving habits; moreover, I do not have special options installed in my vehicle that would contribute to the bad fuel economy. I am wondering, am I stuck with a lemon? If so, does anyone have any meaningful suggestion on resolving this problem? Helpful information you can provide will certainly be appreciated. Thanks.
  • civicex05civicex05 Member Posts: 42
    I get about 22 miles per gallon with my 2005 Honda Civic EX in city driving, 25 (city and fwy), and 27 on the freeways.

Things to check:
    1. Does the car roll forward or backward on even the slightest incline? If not, your emergency brake may be improperly adjusted or stuck.
    2. Are your tires inflated to at least 30 psi?
    3. Have you checked all fliud levels including transmission?
    4. Have the dealer run diagnostics on the engine computer, and ask if there is any way to check the fuel mixture to see if it is running too rich.
    5. Have the dealer check for obstructions in the exhaust system.
    6. Do you smell gas? If so, have the dealer check for fuel line leaks.

You have to be very persistent with the dealer, and complain to Honda corporate if you can't get any results. If all else fails, invoke the lemon law. Your car should be averaging at least 32mpg in mixed driving. My '05 EX Sedan with automatic is now up to 35 mpg in 60% hwy/40% city driving. Good luck!
  • nash7nash7 Member Posts: 2
    I have owned my new Honda Civic EX for about five months, and have had to put up with a bad odor coming out of the vents right after the fan is turned on; it's the kind of odor similar to the smell of solution used in film-development labs and appears to be associated with the use of the A/C system. I'm wondering if this is to be expected in new-model cars. Does anybody know how to correct this problem? The dealer doesn't know.
  • rprswrprsw Member Posts: 1
    I recently bought a new 2005 Honda Civic LX-G. The manual says to change the oil every 8000Klm. However, friends and people I meet say to make the first oil change at 2000klm. as part of a break-in process. Is this accurate? Are there other suggestions of things to do to break the car in well?
  • ruking1ruking1 Member Posts: 19,826
    That is not what it says in my 2004 Honda Civic VP, owner's manual and/or shop manual and/or web site. The above cited model year makes a special point of mentioning to keep the oem factory fill for the whole OCI, which in my case is 10,000 miles, normal. A lot of folks like to shoe horn themselves into the severe ( or ABBY NORMAL) category. (There might be a psychological guilt trip going on here :) ) But indeed most do not fall into this category.

So I would use your individual model years' O'sM, SM and web site as technical guidance.
  • bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    I need to replace the tires on my 2002 Civic LX with 50K miles. Original tires were Dunlops but the window sticker said Firestone. The original Dunlops were OK but sound noisy so I am looking for something that's good for the Atlanta area. In other words a good wet tire with good handling characteristics.

Thanks
    bwia
    Actually almost ANYTHING you get will be an improvement. On a tirerack customer rating survey, Firestone's (FR690)had a death grip on last place of 31 tires and Dunlop SP 20 FE(I have these) was dogging its heels at #30 :(:) These two tires DOMINATE the cellar ratings!?

I have identified 10 tires I would like. To cut to your chase,
    (unless you would like to see my top 10. I personally got Toyo Ultra 800's. Cheaper, long warranty (100,000 miles) and I had GREAT performances with another Toyo model, Toyo Proxes T1S's.)
    high quality, bang for the buck, it would be hard to beat Goodyear Comfort Tread. Goodyear Triple Tread is probably a better tire, but less bang for the buck, . The disadvantage being the Triple Treads not only cost more BUT/AND you'd have to do a 4 tire rotation of front to rear rear to front vs an oem recommended 4 tire rotation of cross rears and fronts straight back.

By way of recommended rotation behavior, it would seem the Honda Civic probably wears a bit more on one side vs the other, so to even out tread wear, all tires get their time on one of each 4 positions. So you probably can visualize, if you do 10k rotations, 4 rotations will put the original starting tire back to the original position.

The Goodyear Triple Treads because of its V shaped or "directional" tread will only see the four tires on two positions, i.e., front to rear and rear to front.

I am told this is a ferocious wet weather performer.

Best of luck and tell us what you decide.

Incidently Treadpot a local vendor (to you, somwhere in GA) sells the GY Comfort Treads and also the Toyo Ultra 800's.
  • cwliangcwliang Member Posts: 54
    Hey, haven't posted in awhile but thought I'd see what's up. Guess everyone's on the new Civic board now. Anyway, I'm at about 40k on my '02 Civic and it's been great, no problems. I had the Firestones from the factory and they are pretty bad. In the rain, even making a turn from a stop sign will produce slippage (in fairness, the tire is worn now down to about 5/32). I just bought a replacement set of BF Goodrich Traction T/A H, and if anyone out there is still reading this board I'll let you know how they are when I get them.
  • streakbreakerstreakbreaker Member Posts: 2
    I need to find out what years Honda Civics have had redesigns. I last researched a Civic for purchase in April of 2002, I seem to remember a redesign having JUST happened or about to happen. We purchased an 02 Civic LX/DX and are needing to know what has has changed since then. We're looking to purchase another being our Civic had an untimley death. :cry: (stupid Texans with their 1ton flatbed trucks!!!!)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Streak
  • joedimaggiojoedimaggio Member Posts: 1
    Just wanted to back up Honda's reputation for reliability. I drive a 1993 Honda Civic EX with 205,000 miles on it and have not been able to bring myself to buy a new car because this one shows no signs of giving up the ghost just yet. During the past 13 years the only things that have been replaced are the alternator and exhaust B pipe, and I need a new window seal, but other than that I never even needed to replace the clutch. It is still quiet and still gets around 30 mpg. So the rest of you can look forward to that. Anyway, I'm about to find out if I can still get a few hundred dollars for such an old car, but the truth is it still has a couple more years at least in it.

Speaking of selling, has anyone ever tried to sell a very old Civic, or a very old car in general? Is that possible? If not, does anyone know where to take a car to get some kind of scrap or salvage price? Basically wondering if there is any value left in the car.
  • greyhound1greyhound1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm actually looking at purchasing a 92 Civic EX from an individual that has been the sole owner and has all the maintenance records and is in excellent shape. Only 74,000 miles on the vehicle. I'm going to make an offer close to $3,000 after I test drive it and everything checks out. With only 74,000 on a 92 the body will fall apart before the mechanics. I believe I'll get my monies worth. I've been trying to find the maintenance schedule on the 92 Civics. I'm sure it would be the same as the 93. Could you give me some info on when major maintenance needs to be done, etc. I want as much info on the vehicle before I make the offer. Thanks!
  • jeans77jeans77 Member Posts: 1
    The rear window defogger is not working but the switch light is ON. No power is getting to the rear window. The fuse 7.5A is ok. Where else should I look? Timer, Relay and where are they?
    Thanks for your help.
  • devore420devore420 Member Posts: 30
    Hi,

I used this forum extensively when buying my first new car, an 01 Civic EX, and it was very helpful for gaining perspective on the car.

If anyone is curious, here are some highlights from my experience so far:

- The car is as reliable as advertised. There really hasn't been a single mechnical or engine-related problem with the vehicle over 5 years and 64K miles. It never died unexpectedly, it always starts (in Wisconsin winters), and it always runs as it should.

- It generally gets the mileage I thought it would: seems to average about 31-32MPG, with 60/40 city/highway driving.

- Performance has remained pretty solid for these past 5 years, the car still seems pretty zippy, even with 64K miles on the motor and the clutch.

- Maintenance costs have been really low, and the dealership experience has been awesome. Even taking it to the dealer for most things (even oil changes), there has been so litle that need to be done with the car, that the cost has been really limited. And here in Madison, WI, the Honda dealer is fantastic.

- The suspension sucks. I defended the new Civic's suspension when it came out in '01, but I was wrong. It drives like I would imagine a minivan would: it bounces two or three times after dips the road, and it leans like mad around modest curves. My wife's 04 Subaru Forester (with a somewhat higher center of gravity, and higher-profile tires) handles like a sports car compared to it.

- The build quality of some things should be better. 5 years running now I am somewhat disappointed in the build quality of the car, especially beacuse the Civic is so expensive compared to other brand names. Things rattle like crazy, from the base of the A pillars, to the trunk deck, to the side window wells. The paint is also sub-par: it seems like the wind is blowing paint off the side of my car where the seam of the door meets the body, and I'm even getting small rust spots in the door well. Most importantly the construction of the front seats is terrible: they wobble. The dealer temporarily fixes them but they always start wobbling again (I've had them repaired about 6 times.)

Summary: the 01 Civic is what I needed and expected it to be, but it's not what I hoped it would be. It didn't disappoint me at all, but it has not impressed me as much as I was hoping I'd be impressed. I think it's perfect for anyone wanting a better-quality affordable vehicle, but do not forget that the scales will tip toward affordibility than quality.
    The suspension sucks. I defended the new Civic's suspension when it came out in '01, but I was wrong. It drives like I would imagine a minivan would: it bounces two or three times after dips the road, and it leans like mad around modest curves.

Was your suspension like that from day one, or did it get worse as time went on? Last summer, I purchased a new '05 Civic EX sedan and so far I've been extremely please with the car. I have not noticed any bounciness or excessive leaning in curves. Hopefully they improved those issues between the '01 and '05 model years. I've also been pleased with the lack of rattles or squeaks. Thanks for the honest assessment, and let me know about the suspension.
  • devore420devore420 Member Posts: 30
    I don't think it was as bad when I bought the car as it is now, but I also don't think it was ever as good as I wanted it to be. When the OEM tires wore out I added new tires with a stiffer sidewall which helped a little on the leaning around turns.

I think I have read that even next year's model (mine is an 01) had an "different" suspension, so I think it's quite possible this problem is eliminated on your model.

01 was also the first year for a new generation of the Civic, which may explain why mine has so many rattles. After 4 more years it's a good bet some of those things are ironed out. Glad you're enjoying your new car.
  • port_48port_48 Member Posts: 27
    Anyone come across this problem yet? Check Engine Light (CEL) stayed on after starting my 2002 Civic DX (sedan, 5spd) with 35K miles the other night. Autozone scan using OBD II found P1607. Service manual says: Engine Control Module (ECM)/Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Internal Circuit Malfunction. Removed #6 fuse (fuse to "brain") for 10 secs, reinstalled, turned ignition key on (position II) for 40 secs as per Service Manual and CEL is still on.

There are no other symptoms, i.e. oil level/pressure is fine, runs fine, coolant level ok, nothing amiss other than the orange/yellow glow of the light.

(1) Does it hurt the car to drive?
    (2) Is the brain really bad after only 35K miles?
    (3) Any other ideas as to fixes besides replacing the brain?
  • hondacivicex05hondacivicex05 Member Posts: 2
    What size, and how many light bulbs do I need to replace the headlights on my Honda Civic 2005 EX?
    I am a new owner to a Honda Civic 05 EX. I have been having a difficult time finding and replacing the headlights. I purchased the car with blue headlights. I now realize I can't purchase that light bulb because it is now illegal. I'm fine with that. However, I am not sure what model of bulb I need to replace the headlight with. I have had several trips to Pep Boys and Kragen. I'm not sure if I need a 9005 or a 9006 bulb. In addition to this I was just told that my car needs 6 lightbulbs, 3 on each side. Is that correct?
  • miked19miked19 Member Posts: 1
    i just brought a 2004 honda civic value pkg. coupe. the dealer is installing cruise control and throwing in the floor mats. its an automatic with 19,500 miles. i brought it for $13,300 do you think i paid to much. if so what would be a fair amount. also where can i get the brochure for it and the original msrp.
  • kcourthkcourth Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I'm facing a dilemma. I'm looking for a commuter car to put about 22,000 highway miles each year on. I'm contemplating a 2003 Pontiac Vibe w/ 20k miles on it for around $11k or a 2000 Honda Civic EX w/ 70K miles for $6000. I'd prefer not to have a car payment so I'm leaning toward the Civic for that reason. I also see alot of them on the road (even older than a 2000) and most of the ones I see for sale in the same year have as many as 150,000+ miles on them. The only downside is that I think it's crazy to pay almost $6k for a soon to be 7 year old car. I'm kinda drawn to the Vibe as a previous Sunfire owner. I like the sporty looks of the vibe. It's also a semi-Toyota so that's a plus. My husband would prefer me to buy the newer car but I'm at a loss as to which will be better in the long run. I'm not going to use the car for anything else but commuting. What's your take on the situation? Thank you!
  • warnerwarner Member Posts: 196
    Hi,

I'm facing a dilemma. I'm looking for a commuter car to put about 22,000 highway miles each year on. I'm contemplating a 2003 Pontiac Vibe w/ 20k miles on it for around $11k or a 2000 Honda Civic EX w/ 70K miles for $6000. I'd prefer not to have a car payment so I'm leaning toward the Civic for that reason. I also see alot of them on the road (even older than a 2000) and most of the ones I see for sale in the same year have as many as 150,000+ miles on them. The only downside is that I think it's crazy to pay almost $6k for a soon to be 7 year old car. I'm kinda drawn to the Vibe as a previous Sunfire owner. I like the sporty looks of the vibe. It's also a semi-Toyota so that's a plus. My husband would prefer me to buy the newer car but I'm at a loss as to which will be better in the long run. I'm not going to use the car for anything else but commuting. What's your take on the situation? Thank you!

Well, it would take an AWFUL lot of repairs on the Civic to cost 5 grand; that's for sure. If you're looking at it from strictly a commuter car standpoint, I'd go with the Civic, especially with that amount of price difference.

Warner
    I'd tend to side with the Honda Civic. If the Civc does not have hidden defects and the price is great to good, for the year and mileage I would favor that. The extra 5k can buy either a boat load of repairs gas or a comb in the worse case. In the best case 5,000 will buy 35 mpg @ 2.50 2000 gals or 70,000 miles of commuting or in your case 3.18 years of commuting.
  • kcourthkcourth Member Posts: 4
    Thank you every one for replying. I test drove the 2000 Civic last night. I liked it but it needed new tires & it was a manual. I thought it about it on my ride home & decided to go for a newer civic w/ a warranty, etc. I ended up purchasing a certified 2004 Civic EX w/ 18k miles this morning. I just got back from the dealer. I will pick it up on Monday. The financing rates were the same as my credit union's so I figured I'd spend a little more, save my cash, & get to put a ton of miles on it! I look forward to being part of the Civic nation!
  • califguycalifguy Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I just bought a 2002 Civic LX with 42,000 on it. I feel like I got a good price, $9200-. I have an Audi TT Roadster and had the need to buy an inexpensive car to split the miles with my Audi.

I went to buy a second key today and apparantly I need to get a special key with a chip in it as the key from Home Depot is not working. Are these keys only available at the dealer and what do they cost?

Thanks everyone!!
    I just bought a nice Pioneer unit with Pioneer four way speakers for my Civic. It sounds really good, and the deck has a screen saver which looks very cool at night!
    I just bought a Civic and I only have one key. I bought two replacements at Home Depot, but they don't work. I'm guessing the Civic Keys have a chip in them.

Is the dealership the only place to purchase additional keys, and do you know what they cost? Thanks
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    I need to find out what years Honda Civics have had redesigns

From the 80s, here goes:

????-1983
    1984-1987
    1988-1991 (Last Civic Wagons)
    1992-1995 (First Rounded Civics)
    1996-2000 (Years of the Bugeyed Civics, last hatchbacks :-()
    2001-2005 (Last Model Cycle before current)
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    The keys have an immobilizer chip in them, and yes, you for sure of the cost, but I want to say it is about $40.

Good luck. :)
  • bsaxtonbsaxton Member Posts: 4
    hey civic people!
    warranty almost up, on 2001 civic with about 66,000 miles on it.. never experienced any troubles, but thought i might try to get some return on my extended warranty (100,000 miles or 5yrs)..
    thanks
    billy
  • asarnoasarno Member Posts: 1
    Need help! Who is tech-line. I found a greate 94 civic. Perfect except for the wind noise coming from the driver's window?
    Please recommend a source for help.

Thanks!
    as
  • mistacmistac Member Posts: 1
    I have a question about the oil pan removal ,i have gotton all the bolts off and the pan is free moving.the problem is that the mid pipe is in the way of me droping it down .do i need to remove the mid pipe or is there an easier way to do this ??I also have a problem with white smoke coming out the exhaust only when i let go of the the gas to shift.It is also burning oil almost to the point that there is no oil showing up on the dipstick.I understand that the white smoke is a sighn of burning oil ,but i know that it should not burn as much as it is .What could be cause of this??
  • magoosh1magoosh1 Member Posts: 13
    I need a Honda with side airbags for the driver and for the front and rear passangers. It looks like I will get a CPO 04/05 Civic or a new 06 Civic. I was 100% Fit, but the gas milage on the AT's is real poor. WAY below EPA from what I have been reading. :mad: So, my question is--do 04 or 05 Civics have side airbags for driver and all passangers (front and rear?) or do only 06 Civics have it? Thanks!
    So, my question is--do 04 or 05 Civics have side airbags for driver and all passangers (front and rear?) or do only 06 Civics have it? Thanks!

The '04 and '05 Civics had front side airbags only as an option. The vast majority of them did NOT have this option. None of the '04 and '05 Civics had rear side airbags. If you are concerned about safety, your best bet would be an '06.

David
  • jy8jy8 Member Posts: 3
    You could take it to the dealer and have them tell you what is really wrong.
  • jy8jy8 Member Posts: 3
    You do not need 6 bulbs. There should be a catalog near where the bulbs are at the store. You should be able to look up your car by year and model. It will tell you what bulb you need (and how many -- your car only needs one for each side and you should replace them both at the same time). Sorry I don't remember which one is correct -- just check the catalog at any auto parts store.
  • goofycatgoofycat Member Posts: 11
    Good luck;;;;go to Craigslist.com, Autotrader.com.,etc (check the used car marts under Google or Yahoo).
  • ranger10ranger10 Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know the specs for the factory stereo on the 2005 Civic EX sedan? Specifically, I'm looking for wattage and output. Thanks!
    I just purchased a 2005 Civic EX sedan for $16,400 in Western Washington (23,500K). I took it on road trip where I was getting 41 mpg with the cruise control set at between 70 and 75 mph on flat stretches of road (mileage dropped to 39 on windy mountain roads with cruise on and off.)

My question: The noise level is astoundingly loud inside the car. Has anyone installed any sound-proofing? I've been looking at SecondSkin, RAAMat, Dynamat, etc. Any suggestions on the key places to install the stuff? (If I can avoid it, I'd rather not strip the entire interior, but will do it if it's necessary.) Would I get decent results installing only trunk and door panels?

I literally had to have the stereo on as loud as it would go to hear the music. (I'm also looking into a new stereo.) ;-)
    Wikipedia has all of that info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_civic
    My question: The noise level is astoundingly loud inside the car. Has anyone installed any sound-proofing? I've been looking at SecondSkin, RAAMat, Dynamat, etc.

I installed a Dynamat Hoodliner in the engine bay to reduce engine noise, and Dynamat Original in all four doors and on the underside of the rear shelf of my 2005 Civic EX Sedan. The hoodliner did reduce engine noise to a certain extent, but not dramatically. One the other hand, the Dynamat in the doors made a huge difference. I would definitely recommend that you do that first. I have not installed any soundproofing in the trunk.

I have also considered pulling up the carpeting and installing Dynamat Tac Mat on the floor. If you ever do this, please let know what results you get. Thanks, and good luck.

David
    Thanks for the great information, David! It's good to know that the soundproofing the doors makes a big difference. I'll start there.

I also found this link, if you're interested...http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/conclusion/

This guy likes Second Skin, but mainly because of expense.

Was it difficult to do the doors? How long did it take you? Did you consider doing the wheel wells also?

When I get around to doing this, I'll post my results here.
    Was it difficult to do the doors? How long did it take you? Did you consider doing the wheel wells also?

I actually had a friend at a local stereo shop install it for me. I think it took him about an hour for each door, but he does have lots of experience. You'd better plan on spending a full day with it. There's some good information for installation on Dynamat's website, and on Crutchfield's website.

I never considered doing the wheel wells, but if you do that, let us know the results. Thanks.

David