Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Maxima

Comments

• cpa4ucpa4u Member Posts: 136
    Go to the Carmax website and look at their Maxima prices in Greenville (SC), Chicago, and Washington (DC). That should give you some idea of prices.

I did see one basic SE on there for $23,4XX.
  • sgrd0qsgrd0q Member Posts: 398
    told them I would pay invoice, (the GLE had everything inc the nav), they came back with 29,300 or something like that.

Here in Edmunds you can check Invoice, MSRP and TMV (True Market Value), which is fairly accurate. GO to the top of this page, select New , and then select the car, and configure it accordingly.

You will see that if you include all options, you get:

Invoice:28,835
    TMV: 29,381
    MSRP: 32,309

You will see that the price that they quoted you was not far off. Of course this assumes all options, e.g. rear spoiler, etc.

You can also go to Carsdirect.com for another quote.

If I were you I would print this, or any other configuration that you like, and ask for the invoice less 500 rebate plus 0.9% financing.
  • maxamillion1maxamillion1 Member Posts: 1,467
    Why? Well, to me, I can do much better. There is no way I would pay more than Invoice for the Maxima. Why? Well, for one thing they don't sell too well around here, and another thing is because of the new Altima. Nissan dealers around here are selling the Altimas, while the Maximas seem to be sitting on the lots, especially the GLE. I think that with good haggling, you can get the 2002 Maxima for at least $800 BELOW invoice. I am shooting for at least $1000 below it.
  • sgrd0qsgrd0q Member Posts: 398
    I agree that they are not always accurate. For instance they don't take into account the 500 rebate. I don't think they do.

However they are fairly accurate most of the time. Also, they are a very good resource for used car prices. IMO they are more accurate than KBB or even NADA.
  • riezriez Member Posts: 2,361
    maxamillion1... A specific car is only worth what a given seller will sell it for and a given buyer will buy it for on a specific day and time and place. The guides are tools to help you make a better deal, giving you some general idea of what cars might be going for in your area. They give you some valuable information and information is power in the car buying/selling "game". You shouldn't let the tool become your sole source of information or rely on it to do your negotatiating. Up to you to negotiate the specifics of the deal, taking into account your specific market area at the time.
  • djp2cdjp2c Member Posts: 39
    Kingston Nissan in Kingston, Ontario was a fairly good dealership.

NOW I CAN HONESTLY SAY IT IS THE WORST DEALERSHIP I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH AND IS, IN MY OPINION, AMONG THE WORST IN ONTARIO.
  • bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    sysadmin1:

I bought my GLE at Marlboro Nissan, just west of Boston. They claim to offer the "lowest prices in New England", and I agree. For example, in today's paper, they are offering $500 cash back and a $2,688 discount on a 2002 Maxima SE.

Their service is efficient, business-like, and very accommodating. They don't insult your intelligence and are very good at following up on the little details. I am not sure how much more information I can provide on this board, however, their website is:
    http://www.marlboro-nissan.com
  • sterling13sterling13 Member Posts: 13
    You sure seem to know a lot for a 16 year old kid.
    I just have this deep love for cars. Nissans and Hondas mostly but I love all cars in general.
  • aftyafty Member Posts: 499
    bwia:

Sounds like you had a good experience at Marlboro Nissan, but I most certainly did not. I went back in the middle of September to check out a new Altima, and at the time they told me that Nissan would not allow them to sell the Altima below sticker for 6 months! When I told the salesman I would not pay sticker, he laughed out loud at me! I walked on them and signed a purchase agreement one month later for a new Altima for $2k below sticker.

The pricing wasn't the only problem I had with them, though. They were not very knowledgeable about the Altima (which might be understandable, as it was a very new model). The salesman I was dealing with kept giving me wrong information about the car, like saying it had the same engine as the 2001 Maxima and had 227 hp. It was not exactly confidence inspiring, and the salesman gave me an impression of overall sleaziness, like he would say anything to get me into that car (as long as I would pay sticker!).

I ended up buying at Glick Nissan in Westboro. I had a much better experience there. I dealt with the Internet Manager, and he was *very* knowledgable about the Altima. He seemed to genuinely enjoy talking about the car, like a true car enthusiast, and he gave me a good price right off the bat, no haggling. I'd definitely recommend both him and the dealership.
  • ludacrisludacris Member Posts: 185
    Hey maxamillion, what's your handle on Maxima.org?
  • otoluvaotoluva Member Posts: 196
    I couldnt agree more with you as far as Glick being the best nissan dealer in central Massachusetts,I had my runs with bancroft in Worcester and Marlboro and I would say to anyone in the area Glick is the best all around dealer by far,from product knowledge to good service and most importantly pressure free environment,and just for the record I have no affiliation with' em what so ever.
  • 4apexs4apexs Member Posts: 36
    Need advice...
    Considering the GXE - live in upper midwest, travel 40k/yr, 80% interstate, 70-80mph, want to get 150-200K out of car. Getting old so comfort #1, dependability #2, gas mileage #3, some snow, so fwd #4.
    How comfortable is driving - 200-500mi/day?
    Real world hwy. mileage is?
    With good maintanance, will it live to 150-200K?
    Thanks!
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    I have a 1995 Maxima SE (purchased September 1994)that just turned 120k miles. And we just returned from a 1,500 mile roundtrip to visit family in Maine. Here are my responses to your questions:

Driving comfort for 200-500 miles a day: good. Seats in the 95 SE offered slightly better bolstering and adjustments than the GXE. Not sure if that's still the case, but I would check it out. The Maxima doesn't have as comfortable seats as a Volvo or BMW 5-series, but they are better than an Accord or Camry, IMO. The car "cruises" very nicely on the highway at 75+ mph. No extra effort to keep it on track and it's reasonably quiet. I have the SE with the "sport" suspension and it handles extremely well for a front wheel drive car. I personally would always trade the improved handling of the SE over the slightly "softer" feel of the GXE or GLE, but that is subjective.

Milage: I have averaged exactly 24.04 mpg over 120,500 miles with a mix of 30% city 70% highway. For longer trips with cruise control set at 70-80 mph, I average about 26-27, with an occasional 30 mpg tankful.

Dependability: With good maintenance, 150-200k+ seems very realistic. I have had almost no repairs for the first 120k. An airbag light came on and had to be reset for $75 and some early dash rattles that were fixed under warranty. Tires have lasted 50k+ miles per set. Front brake pads lasted 90k miles. Still on original rear brakes. The clutch (5-speed) is original (and shows no sign of wear). The engine is still as strong as new and idles as quiet as new. My grand total maintenance costs over 7 years and 120k miles is just under $4,000, including 2 sets of tires, dealer service every 7,500 or 15,000 miles and oil changes every 4,000 +/- miles. I have never had a problem or repair which has put the car out of service for even a single day (the two mentioned above were fixed as part of a regular service visit).

Clearly, highway milage is a lot easier on a car than stop and go city driving. My dealership keeps reminding me that my brake experience is not the norm for Washington DC. However, the Nissan V6 is about as solid an engine you can find and I am extremely pleased that I did not save a few bucks and get a 4-cylinder Altima or Camry back in 1994. I suspect that at 40k miles per year, you could expect to get 200k-300k miles out of the Maxima V6.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for your comments - given your 30/70 city/hwy mileage, would you get the manual again. I do a LOT of cellphone calls, and even with hands free, don't know if manual is too many things, not enough hands.
    What are your thoughts on reg oil @ 4k vs Mobil 1 @ 5-10k?
    Have many Maxima owners bought/needed extended warranties?
    Lastly, will engine run fine on 87 octane?
    Thanks again for your response.
  • bianca2bianca2 Member Posts: 78
    If I can step in here - I agree with most everything said above, except that I come down in favor of the GLE over the SE. I'm not interested in feeling every bump in the road, and feel the GLE cruises a bit better while still giving every bit the handling that I need. Also I LOVE the heated seats, and would recommend it to you strongly, especially if your driving is almost all in upper Midwest.

The best mileage I've gotten has been pretty close to 30, and that was for long vacations, cruise control set around 70. Around town, it's more like 24 or so.

Absolutely no reason you can't see 150 to 200k miles, so that would mean at your mileage maybe 5 years or so of ownership. I would recommend that you think seriously about moving up a step to the GLE, I think you'd be very happy with it for the long term ownership. The little extra bells and whistles, and better quality interior, I think are worth it. Good luck whatever you decide.
  • dat2dat2 Member Posts: 251
    Hi. I am considering buying a max se 6 spd tomorrow before the 500 rebate is over. other cars I am considering are the altima v6 5 spd, wrx wagon 5 spd, and waiting for the new infiniti g35 if it comes with a manual tranny.

One of the local nissan dealers has a white max 6 spd with bose, sunroof, mats, and flaps. the sticker is 28,254, and the invoice is 25,332. Do you think a good deal would be invoice minus the 500 rebate? Have people done better than that?

I have not driven the wrx yet, but am not impressed with the interior of altima. the maxima seems to have better materials. seems like the only advantage to altima is a more sophisticated suspension. Otherwise I think I still like the max better. Anyone tried a max with the helical limited slip yet?? In Automobile mag they said that sentra with helical lim slip had a bad steering and handling feel bacause of the lim slip. Any thoughts on this?? Is this feature worth waiting for and paying the extra money for, and the loss of rebate, to get it on the maxima 6 spd?? Any thoughts most appreciated! I know that rebate is over tomorrow. Thanks

I tried to drive wrx but local dealer demanded to check my credit before test drive and I walked out becasue i thought it was not worth the check! Anyone have thought on wrx? It sounds like it might be a bit rough and interior cheap.
  • canadianclcanadiancl Member Posts: 1,078
    but I think the WRX would look silly on anyone over the age of 30. Just too much design "excitement". Sort of like a Japanese version of Pontiac.
    I am Josaredo on Maxima.org and many other places. That name has the first two letter of every body in my house.

JOhnny SAdie REggie DOminique.
    Josaredo. I like it.
  • hrvathrvat Member Posts: 18
    On Saturday (12/29/01), I came home with a 2002 Maxima SE (base- cloth interior/no sunroof) in sterling mist and a black interior.

I got it for $23,999 ($23,499 including the rebate). Including reg fees, taxes, the financing (0.9% over 36 months) and some other nonsense, the total cost of the car will wind up being $26K. I put down $10,000.

A good deal? Yes? No?

The car came in only 3 days before and was never taken for a test drive by anyone. It was nice seeing only 2 miles on the odometer. It was a real [non-permissible content removed] trying to find an SE in sterling mist with NO sunroof.

BEFORE the $500 rebate a few weeks ago, at least one dealership was willing to go as low as $23,500. Currently, WITH the rebate program, no one wanted to offer $23,500 UNLESS the $500 rebate was already built into the price.

One thing I wasn't happy with is they already had something called "window etching" (which I never heard of at the time) for $200 drawn up on the contract. I knew reg fees, etc, were gonna be extra, but I told them I wasn't too happy that they would include this without first asking me if I even wanted this "option".

When I read the full description of it, if the car is stolen within the first six years AND recovered, the policy covers your insurance deductible and pays you $2500 (admittedly there's some fine print) on top of that. With me parking my car at work in areas that are, shall we say not "desirable", it seemed okay with me at the time and I then signed on the dotted line. Anyone else purchase a Maxima where the "window etching" was already drawn up by the dealer in the contract?

I've been shopping for 2 years now, and I don't see any other car in the 25K and under price range where you get more bang for the money. Yes, the Altima is a BEAUTIFUL car, but to me it seemed a bit cavernous from the outside and inside and I never liked cars that have a high rear-end (like the Chrysler 300M).

I've gotten 16 years out of my 1986 Camaro...I wonder if the SE can match that?

WOULD LOVE TO GET SOME FEEDBACK FROM FELLOW MAXIMA OWNERS ON SOME OF MY POINTS. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
    Regarding:

Manual vs. automatic: This is a personal preference question, but I would definitely get the manual again. The performance advantage in 1995 was significant. I like the immediate throttle response and getting in and out of traffic with the 5-speed. I have heard that difference in the 2002 models with the 3.5 liter engine may not be as significant. But I enjoy driving a manual and so does my wife. (We are in our 40's with two young kids and have a Maxima 5-speed, Isuzu Trooper 5-speed and Honda S2000 6-speed. I doubt that more than 15% of our neighbors in DC have even one manual transmission in their households.)

The added difficulty in shifting and using a cell phone hasn't been that much of an issue, since I tend not to place a call until I am at a "cruising" speed where shifting is unlikely. But I will admit having to undertake some interesting steering and shifting manuevers when somebody called me at the wrong time!

Also, just my opinion, but the Maxima 4-speed automatic is not as impressive as the V6 engine it's attached to. A friend who was recently in the market ended up with an Acura TL over the Maxima GLE and Infiniti I35. He claimed the Acura 5-speed automatic was smoother, quieter and offered better acceleration. I suspect that the redesigned 2003 Maxima will match a 5-speed automatic to the 3.5 liter engine.

SE vs. GXE vs. GLE: I would probably agree with bianca2 that you should consider a GLE vs. a GXE given the amount of driving you will be doing. However, I disagree somewhat on the "feeling every bump in the road" comment about the SE. I don't. What I did notice in the 1995 model was less body roll in low and high speed turns / curves and slightly tighter steering. Again, if comfort is an absolute priority, the Acura TL does have a fully independent suspension that absorbs bumps slightly better than any Maxima or the Infiniti I35. But I would test drive an SE vs. GXE/GLE for yourself to determine what feels best to you.

Oil: I've only used regular Castrol 5w30 every 4k miles. On our new Honda S2000, I will likely use Mobil 1. I think for a Maxima, it's a toss up (and with mostly highway driving, you could probably safely get 10-15k out of Mobil 1).

Extended Warranty: Thankful I didn't purchase. I would have had 0 claims between 3/36 and 7/100 (or 7/120, for that matter). I would consider for a BMW or Mercedes where electrical and transmission problems could set you back a few grand, but I don't think an extended warranty on a Maxima is either necessary or a likely good investment (which suggests that the car IS a good investment!)

87 vs. 93 Octane: I previously posted my opinion on this several months ago. I have used premium gas exclusively. I have had 0 problems and the engine runs like new. Are those two related? I don't know. But for the roughly 5,000 gallons I purchased over the past 7 years, at the very best I would have saved $750-$1,000 at the pump (15-20 cents per gallon), assuming gas milage stayed the same. I have heard of 1-3 mpg drops with regular gas. There goes most or all of the savings. Personally, I would stick with premium.

Sorry for the lengthy response. Hope it helps.
    Is one of those high profit dealer-installed options. Don't think they are worth it. Notice that insurance companies who pay off the stolen cars aren't pushing it to their policy holders? Do tell your insurance company that it was etched. See what they say and if they'll give you a discount. I doubt they will but nothing ventured nothing gained. (And if they won't give you a discount, think that is instructive about the worth of the etching.) What insurance company is standing behind your etching policy? Is it some small, local, odd sounding, or fly-by-night company?
  • dabronxrdabronxr Member Posts: 73
    I have my 2002 GLE for about 3 weeks now and VERY glad I chose it over others I considered (Passat,WRX,Altima,I even checked the 300M). The ride is GREAT, as is acceleration. I am averaging about 20mpg..but that is most likely caused by my "playing around" with the awesome acceleration so much. I got it in sterling mist with black leather, the sunroof looks great with the smoked wind deflecter (the color of the deflector looks great with the sterling mist). The car holds the road great. I hope this helps anyone "sitting on the fence". One of the previous posters said he was shopping a car for 2 years. That is sad. Like the Nike ad sez..JUST DO IT! With the finace rate lowered, $500 rebate, now is a good time. Next year the Max will be built in USA, and to some that means a lack of qaulity control.
    Thanks for your time in answering in detail!
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    gee, I've been averaging 27.5 mpg the first 3 months. Guess I don't accelerate fast enough....LOL

love the car, though.........
  • ludacrisludacris Member Posts: 185
    You don't post much there huh? Juss wonderin (another 16 year old Max driver here)
  • memo_24usmemo_24us Member Posts: 4
    We just bought a Maxima GLE with sunroof, mats, side air bags, meridian, traction control, and wind deflector for $26,000. Was this a good deal? The invoice is something like $26,600. Also, how does everyone feel about the extended warranty? They offered us a 7yr/100,000 mile warranty for like $1,500 is that too much money for it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the first non-honda car our family has bought in the last 10 years, so I hope we made the right choice.
  • storytellerstoryteller Member Posts: 476
    memo_24us: check post #1532 on the Infiniti I30 boards (remembering the I30 is basically a Max wearing an expensive suit).
    That is a pretty good deal. It's about $600 below invoice. Not bad at all. I bet your Maxima looks very nice too. What color is it. I checked a 2002 GLE in Grey Lustre out Tuesday before I went to work, man that car is very nice looking. I especially like the new 17 inch rims.
    BTW, congrats on your new purchase

Ludacris,

I don't post much on Maxima.org I am usually at Altimas.net or VWVortex.com I might post at Maxima.org every now and again, but not much. Usually they are talking about mods, something I know absolutely nothing about. They are cool people though.
    See in today's Omaha World-Herald that Iowa Attorney General is investigating Warranty USA, which sells "b-to-b" warranties on cars with the original warranty expiring. AG reported as saying the warranty has so many exclusions that it "may be useless." When buying insurance, the reputation and financial strength of the company is critical. IMO, I couldn't buy one from a 3rd party.
    especially at $1,500!!

From my previous post:

Extended Warranty: Thankful I didn't purchase (for my 1995 SE 5-speed). I would have had 0 claims between 3/36 and 7/100 (or 7/120, for that matter). I would consider for a BMW or Mercedes where electrical and transmission problems could set you back a few grand, but I don't think an extended warranty on a Maxima is either necessary or a likely good investment (which suggests that the car IS a good investment!)

I am willing to bet you will have similar experience if you take reasonably good care of your new GLE. Good luck.
  • raaizinraaizin Member Posts: 31
    HVRAT,

I It sounds like you got a good deal. I picked ours up on Monday and paid 23,900. Funny thing my car had the window etching also. It was printed right on the contract for $149. I guess every dealer has some sort of gimmick to add a few dolars to the car, and I wasnt going to argue over that amount. Some dealers wanted 300 doc fees so I guess it comes out the same in the end. Our car is a base SE with mats, rear mud guards, sunroof with wind deflrctor.
    I must say the car runs great, I love the interior and how the car runs but must admit Nissan really messed up the rear of the vehicle
  • memo_24usmemo_24us Member Posts: 4
    max - We got a Grey Lustre with frost interior.
  • hbjhbjhbjhbj Member Posts: 6
    Hi everyone. Just bought a 98 Maxima. Love the car, but the sound system could be a bit better. Does anyone have any recommendations for upgrading the speakers in this car? I seem to remember someone mentioned something similar a while ago, but I'm not sure if it was this generation Max or not.

Thanks in advance!
  • dabronxrdabronxr Member Posts: 73
    I picked my 10 year old up from her friends house the other night. On way home decided to get som pizza. Pulled into parking lot, my daughter wanted to wait in the car. When I came out she was laughing. I asked her what happened. She said a guy came outta the pizza place kitchen to catch a smoke. He started checking out the car. He did not see her in back seat (it was dark out). she said he kept saying "damned thats nice". He then called 2 other guys outta the place, they all kept circling the car saying hey that's nice huh? Yeh look at that , damned that nice, she said that went on for some time before they went back in. I am very pleased with this car! Any1 still mulling over wich car to get , I don't think you will be unhappy with the "MAX". My daughter is only 10 and she loves it also!
  • storytellerstoryteller Member Posts: 476
    hbjhbj: I have no direct experience here, but a lot of folks have tinkered with Max sound systems. A good foundation is the Fresh Alloy site (www.freshalloy.com) where you'll find discussions about modifying Maximas. If you have the patience and troll through the archived Max posts, you'll find a lot of information, too.
  • norbert444norbert444 Member Posts: 195
    I've had my y2k Max for two years. So, here is my statistics of one sample:
    I have had only oil changes performed on this GLE. It has never been to the dealer or any other shop for any reason. The car is showing no sign of any problems.
    I would not buy an extra warranty of any kind for this car. Just my 2c.
  • bigiqbigiq Member Posts: 3
    After a long 6 months, I was finally able to obtain a Maxima! My goal was to replace the aging, yet always-breaking-down '88 Chevy Celebrity with a newer, reliable import. During my quest in finding a new car, I was looking specifically between an Accord, Camry and a Maxima, between the years of '97-99. To be honest, I actually favored the Maxima, because I wanted something most people didn't have, and something a little more fun. Don't get me wrong, Camry and Accord are great cars, but EVERYONE owns one around here, plus these two vehicles are the most stolen cars around here (BC, Canada).
    After many dissapointing trips to dealerships, and phone calls, I was able to find a private seller, who was selling his '98 Maxima GLE (Pebble Beige), loaded with all the bells and whistles, spoiler and even gold plated emblems, with a mere 32,000 KMS. (I'm not sure how many miles that is converted into, someone help?) And I was able to aquire it for only $17500 CAN! (Which is about, $11,700 US. Brand new GLE's cost about $37,000 CAN). Pretty good eh? The guy sold pretty cheap because his business was failing and needed the cash fast, without the hassle of selling to a dealership.

So two weeks later, I'm in love with this car! It runs so well. It's quick, nimble and agile. I'm able to pass people with ease, compared to my 4-banger Chevy, where passing would take too much effort. The Bose stereo is excellent, which is able to play all of my CD-R's! The ability to open the front two windows, using the Keyfob is outstanding! I show it off to everyone! (lol) I haven't experienced any problems with the paint chipping (and I hope it stays that way!). Because it's not as common, everyone stares as I roll by. The spoiler gets everyones attention when on the highway, and a few people even tried to race me (Prelude, Accord, Mustang ect.), but I backed down, because I was still getting used to the car. (But I'm sure I would have been able to take them. lol) However, all this goodness doesn't come without a few bad points. The Maxima eats premium gas only, plus leather requires regular cleaning, plus I'm cleaning the mags with a toothbrush! (What's up with that? lol). It's not a big deal, I can live with these changes.

The one thing that I do notice however, is the fact that everytime I walk away from my Maxima, I always seem to turn my head, and stare at it, without a care for anything else..........
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 14
    I purchased a 2002 GXE in late September. I really love the car. My only problem is that when I turn the steering wheel sharply (but not necessarily all the way) I hear a creeking sound. Its not really a grinding or squeaking noise. I took it to a Nissan dealership in early November and of course, they couldn't hear anything.

It seems to have gotten worse since the weather has gotten colder.

Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone know what it might be?
  • slade65slade65 Member Posts: 7
    Ready to buy an 02 GLE [w/o sunroof]. Did I miss the boat on the $500 that was available till Jan. 2nd? Can I expect to get close to, at, or below invoice at this time? I live in South Jersey, a suburb of Philadelphia, and will greatly appreciate any pricing help or Dealer referrals in the Delarare Valley.
  • canadianclcanadiancl Member Posts: 1,078
    That's a nice story. The Max is an impressive-looking car. However, I wouldn't leave a 10-year-old alone in the car. You'd never know if some idiot decides to take the car, or the kid. The car is replaceable. Kid is not.
  • dmathew347dmathew347 Member Posts: 80
    In the DC area i was informed of the following offers:
    Sentra: $300.00 BELOW invoice & 0.9% to 5.9%
    SE-R and Spec-V: 0.9% to 5.9% 2 to 3% over invoice
    **Maxima: $1,000.00 Rebate or 0.9% to 3.9%
    Xterra: $500.00 Rebate & 3.9% to 4.9%
    Pathfinder: $1,000.00 Rebate or 0.9% to 3.9%
    Frontier: $400.00 BELOW invoice & 0.9% to 4.9%
    Crew Cab: 0.9% to 4.9% $200.00 over invoice
    Long Bed: $300.00 over invoice
    Quest: $400.00 UNDER invoice
    Altima: Only 2% to 3% over invoice; Best Inventory in the area!
    Remember,, college grads have an additional rebate of $500.00!
    Call for detail.
    ** Price subjected to change without notice. Financing specials available on approved credit. Incentives expire on January 31, 2002. All pricing include factory incentives.
  • sdawson713sdawson713 Member Posts: 34
    I sell Nissans in Central NJ. I would figure a couple hundred over invoice. There is a thousand dollar rebate, or you can get 0.9 for 36 mos. or 3.9 for 48 and 60.

Email me at sdawson713@hotmail.com if you would like for me to get you a quote, or if you have any questions.

Sid
  • hrvathrvat Member Posts: 18
    I thought the rebate offer was over on Jan 2nd?
  • jolarjolar Member Posts: 17
    Just leased an SE 6spd on Jan 2nd, what a rush, glacier pearl, blond leather, Bose, Sun Rf/Deflector, Lim Slip dif, Meridian. Don't know what I actually paid, rolled in bad loan on old car. Love the car. Should have bought one in '98 when I got a Regal GS, bad move. Anyone know 0-60 times on this car, can't find anywhere? 1/4 mile times are about 14.4 at 94 MPH!
    Thx, LP
  • dmathew347dmathew347 Member Posts: 80
    I have a question on the $1000 rebate on the '02 Maxima that i had posted earlier.
    Can you subtract a $1000 from Invoice, and then negotiate from that price upwards. In other words, can you negotite from (Invoice - $1000). Or is the rebate MSRP - $1000.
  • bdlfebdlfe Member Posts: 21
    slade65, not sure where in SJ you are, but try Classic Autoplex in Turnersville,
    ask for Jennifer in the internet dept. They have special pricing with Autobytel.com. I think prices are close to what dmathew347 quoted.
  • bdlfebdlfe Member Posts: 21
    I believe they are quoting around $1000 below invoice OR Special Finance. Still a good deal if you didn't make the 1/2/02 cutoff. Maxima rocks!!!
  • brislance1brislance1 Member Posts: 87
    I have a 91 Maxima SE with 54,000 miles, mint condition, black with tan leather. People not in the know, think it is new. What might be the top price I could expect if I sold it?

Also, does anyone know how to change the light bulb in the glove compartment. It is recessed in a small rectangular compartment on the top, far too small to get one's fingers around the bulb in order to turn it? I can find no information in the owners manual on this bulb. Hope someone can help.
  • sdawson713sdawson713 Member Posts: 34
    There was a 500 dollar rebate through January 2nd, which you could combine with the financing. Through the end of January, they are offering a choice of either 1000 dollar rebate/lease cash or the special financing. Another word about the rebates...by law they have to be deducted after taxes are paid on the original amount.

The base GLE invoice price (with advertising, destination,splashguards, and mats is about 25,500 if i remember correctly.) I haven't seen anybody sell below invoice unless its an odd color and its been sitting. I'm sure you could purchase one for no more than 300 over that, and have your pick of dealers.

I would recommend visiting some central and northern dealerships. We pay less of an advert. fee than the south NJ and PA dealers. We pay 300, and I think they pay around 430-450. The other thing I would advise is to compare bottom lines when you get quotes. We all have different doc fees, and there are some dealers than have window etching already written into the buyers order.

Hope that helps.

Sid